CAGiversary!
Feedback
1137 (100%)
New Thread:

This thread has been replaced by TSDT v11 :wave:

Daily Deal:
Please check the Steam homepage.

Weeklong Deals:
Steam usually has week-long deals that change on Mondays at 6PM UTC. They mostly feature indie games, and may not run every week.

Sale summary lists:

Key:
⤷ indicates DLC, — specifies part of a pack, + shows alternative versions, ⚠ highlights things worth knowing, ♫ is obvious, and ... denotes a multi-pack.

Holiday Sale 2013 | 19/12/13 through 3/1/14:
Days 1-3, 4-6, 7-9, 10-12, 13-14.

Spring/Autumn Sale 2013 | 27/11/13 through 3/12/13:
All days.

Steam deals on other stores: (Related threads on CAG.)

Indie* bundle threads: (*Not always indie, nor always a bundle.)

Free stuff:
There are quite a few free games (mostly Free to Play) and mods available via the Steam platform, a comprehensive list of which can be found in this thread on the SPUF.
(NOTE: free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.)

Past Steam Deals Threads:

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know what to do with these, so dropping them here.  Codes from IGN Prime:

Bleed (Steam Key)

KIXZE-ACFYX-JIMVW

Duel of Champions

IGNP-YEZK-HQQP-TLZS

Doki Doki Personality Quiz (PSN)

J32B-TMNN-634K

Inferno Legend (Free In-Game Item)
DF34FL5LAKAE54B

Dragon's Prophet (Free In-Game Item)
GG49-Z7TA-39KH-VG7A-4VEX

Have you played AC3 + its Season Pass yet?
If I had I would have commented about it a couple posts prior.

Sounds like the Deluxe versions of AC2 and ACB, and the regular version of ACR are the way to go (not interested in MP, and I could always get the Lost Archive later for the same price if I really wanted to). I think I will hold off on AC3 until it hits a lower price.

I appreciate the input everyone!
Lost Archive sucks! (Unless crappy portal-lite levels with a dribble of Desmond's back story appeals to you... in which case You ****!)

Lazy Guys' Moon Landing Bundle is $1.99 (50% off, What a Bargain!). Steam keys for Beep, Foreign Legions something something, and Hero of the Not Siege; and some Greenlight notyetkeys.

It's the "bundle that everybody wants."

I still don't want it, which leaves me with some existential questions.
If it the "bundle that everyone wants" then why does it say this?

Bundles sold: 1803

Should I buy Orion Dino Horde? It looks interesting. For a buck plus cards it might be fun but is there anything really wrong with it I'm not seeing in the various videos I've seen? Looking isn't the same as playing so I'm hoping for some gameplay input. Also my experiment failed back to my antisocial ways. Anyone want Takedown Red Sabre? I bought it in that PAYWUW bundle so I could get Marlow Briggs. Edit: I've decided to give it away differently check my newest post in a minute for details.

Last edited:
Should I buy Orion Dino Horde? It looks interesting. For a buck plus cards it might be fun but is there anything really wrong with it I'm not seeing in the various videos I've seen? Looking isn't the same as playing so I'm hoping for some gameplay input. Also my experiment failed back to my antisocial ways. Anyone want Takedown Red Sabre? I bought it in that PAYWUW bundle so I could get Marlow Briggs. If you want it just say so in this thread. I just ask in return you giveaway the gift copy that you get from it here in this thread.
You can try Orion for free for some days...

Tried Orion again... second chance... aaaand no. The game is crap. Very very very broken. Even the main menu is broken. Can't see a reason to buy it, even at $1

Specially with that skeevy redirect site they use to purchase through. Makes me wonder if the games do make it through Greenlight if you will ever see your keys.
There's nothing there that I want bad enough to risk that they'll still be around to hand out keys.

The "Zombies." dev is refusing to give Steam keys to past purchasers. He claims he only agreed to give Steam keys if a list of individual contact/sales information was provided to him.

Tweet 1

Tweet 2

The Groupees page promised Steam keys if the game was greenlit. Doubt the dev can wiggle his way out of this one, I bet he signed a contract to give keys.

EDIT: Can't get both tweets to show up properly on CAG.. hm

EDIT 2: Linked the tweets instead of embedding them cuz they werent showing up for me.

The "Zombies." dev is refusing to give Steam keys to past purchasers. He claims he only agreed to give Steam keys if a list of individual contact/sales information was provided to him.

https://twitter.com/tehbignic/status/437379568404406272

https://twitter.com/tehbignic/status/437446492937142274

The Groupees page promised Steam keys if the game was greenlit. Doubt the dev can wiggle his way out of this one, I bet he signed a contract to give keys.
Sounds like he planed to spam people to recoup the loses on those "Free" Steam keys. What a douche.

Should I buy Orion Dino Horde? It looks interesting. For a buck plus cards it might be fun but is there anything really wrong with it I'm not seeing in the various videos I've seen? Looking isn't the same as playing so I'm hoping for some gameplay input. Also my experiment failed back to my antisocial ways. Anyone want Takedown Red Sabre? I bought it in that PAYWUW bundle so I could get Marlow Briggs. Edit: I've decided to give it away differently check my newest post in a minute for details.
FWIW, I tried the Orion demo and thought it was decent. Seemed like Killing Floor with dinosaurs, which is cool with me. For a buck I can see myself playing this with a couple friends.

Some hep cat gave me a free copy of AC4 the other day.  Can it be competently played M+KB or is it the sort of game where I should just accept using a controller from the start?

Thankfully, I have the anal muscles of a warhorse.
scared-cat.jpg

Finally beat Card City Nights....close to 11 hours to complete. Quite a fun game, difficulty isn't too hard early on but later bosses become quite challenging. A good game overall, and a decent meaty card game as well. Buy it when on sale!

Whee, I can add Shadows: Price For Our Sins to my Five or six in Feb. I loved the atmosphere, liked some of the puzzles, and laughed at the voice acting. 10/10, would backlog again. (But really 5/10 for all games, 7/10 for that kind of game.)

Or you can skip it and check out my screenshots.
Surprised no one commented on Jeanette from VTMB making a cameo.

Surprised no one commented on Jeanette from VTMB making a cameo.
Actually, w/ both the hairdo and the all-black outfit look, looks like a cross b/t Jeanette & Therese... ;)

<3 that VTMB game, BTW.

Finally beat Card City Nights....close to 11 hours to complete. Quite a fun game, difficulty isn't too hard early on but later bosses become quite challenging. A good game overall, and a decent meaty card game as well. Buy it when on sale!
I know this risks my cheap card being revoked but they priced it regular price at $4 and then did a 50% off on release. It's a fun game with a lot of humor while also being a decent card game and it's longer that you would think. I don't feel bad paying $2 for it on release.

Some hep cat gave me a free copy of AC4 the other day. Can it be competently played M+KB or is it the sort of game where I should just accept using a controller from the start?
I just played it with a controller from the start. I couldn't imagine playing it kb&m tbh but I guess you cold try and then break down and switch to controller.

Wow @ That Zombies. guy still being a dick even after agreeing to give keys:

There are a lot of scumbags out there and basically, they win. "Zombies." will be released on Steam, you'll get your keys.

That pretty much does it for my career in making games, I guess.

I promised keys to NO ONE - the bundles did. My contracts state absolutely nothing about keys, nor would I have signed them if they did.

Of course this is a business and I want sales, but understand that I am now giving away free copies of the game having never agreed to do so

I put a lot of work into updating the thing for Steam and incorrectly thought people who paid AVG 25cents wouldn't mind paying 4$ for it.
Props to Fred Wood, developer of the recently released Love, standing up for bundle buyers:

@tehbignic I just launched my game on Steam, and was in similar bundles. You're going to doom yourself.

@tehbignic You made money off the bundles, right? If that's the case, you're not giving the games away. You're giving them to your customers
Update:

https://twitter.com/tehbignic/status/437745764823867392

"TLDR: I apologize for name-calling. You will get Steam keys. Message received."

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back