The Steam discussion topic! Joy and happiness, right here, folks.

sad it took me this long to start playing beat hazard pretty sure I picked it up during the last winter sale, its pretty bit too colourful sometimes but I like it, objective took a while but then I sucked at it.

I'm starting to get info about the Holiday Sale, and holy shit, it's going to be AWESOME this year. If you liked the Indie Packs during the Thanksgiving sale, you are going to LOVE the Holiday Sale. :)

Also, regarding the Humble Indie Bundle #2: I can confirm you're eventually going to be able to activate that on Steam, just like the first. Buy buy buy! However, unless Cortex Command and Revenge of the Titans get added to Steam soon, those won't be part of what you get when you activate on Steam. You'll just get the ones that ARE on Steam (Braid, Osmos, Machinarium).

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']I'm starting to get info about the Holiday Sale, and holy shit, it's going to be AWESOME this year. If you liked the Indie Packs during the Thanksgiving sale, you are going to LOVE the Holiday Sale. :)

Also, regarding the Humble Indie Bundle #2: I can confirm you're eventually going to be able to activate that on Steam, just like the first. Buy buy buy! However, unless Cortex Command and Revenge of the Titans get added to Steam soon, those won't be part of what you get when you activate on Steam. You'll just get the ones that ARE on Steam (Braid, Osmos, Machinarium).[/QUOTE]

*dances*

More indy bundles = pure awsome. Is it looking like games are being knocked down in the 50%-70% range or the 70-90% range mostly?

I bought every single indie bundle during the Thanksgiving sale. I'd like to cut out the middleman and save some time, does anyone have the address where I can send Valve my credit card?

[quote name='MSI Magus']More indy bundles = pure awsome. Is it looking like games are being knocked down in the 50%-70% range or the 70-90% range mostly?[/QUOTE]

Do you mean in the indie packs, or in general?

In general, the entire sale will have the whole range. Some stuff will be 25% off, some 50% off, some stuff 90%, and a lot of stuff won't be on discount at all. And of course, everywhere in between. Like most years.

Here's kind of a nice thing: if you buy Delve Deeper anytime today or tomorrow (the 19th), the developer will donate all of their proceeds from the sale to the Child's Play charity. The game is really good, only $5, and you'll be doing a nice thing for sick children.

I'm in.

You guys don't deserve this, because of the way my last leak got fucking reposted all over the place, but here, here's the packs that are coming up:

Indie 2D Pack: Bullet Candy, Galcon Fusion, Geometry Wars, Super Laser Racer, VVVVVV
Indie Adventure Pack: And Yet It Moves, Gish, Jolly Rover, Mr Robot, Samorost2
Indie Beat Pack: Beat Hazard, Bit.Trip Beat, Chime, Rhythm Zone, Turba
Indie Brain Pack: Big Brain Wolf, Diamond Dan, Puzzle Bots, Windowsill, Zen Bound 2
Indie Fantasy Pack: Bob Came in Pieces, Fairie Solitaire, Fortix, NyxQuest: Kindred Spirits, Spectromancer
Indie Flight Pack: Dogfighter, Everyday Shooter, Flotilla, Gratuitious Space Battles, Guns of Icarus
Indie Fright Pack: Burn Zombie Burn, The Path, The Scourge Project, The Void, Zombie Driver
Indie Future Pack: Hacker Evolution, Hammerfight, System Protocol One, Twin Sector, Uplink
Indie Heavy Hitters Pack: Audiosurf, Shattered Horizon, World of Goo, Zeno Clash
Indie Kids Pack: Delve Deeper, Crayon Physics, Max & Magic Marker, Secret of Magic Crystal, Toki Tori
Indie Mix Pack: Cogs, Darwinia, Defcon, Eufloria, Plain Sight
Indie Smart Pack: Droplitz, Lumines, Puzzle Agent, Quantz

Indie Potato Pack (yes, that's what it's called, don't ask me): AaAaAA!!! - A Reckless Disregard for Gravity, Amnesia: The Dark Descent, Audiosurf, Bit.Trip Beat, Braid, Cogs, Defense Grid, Killing Floor, Red Orchestra, Super Meat Boy, The Ball, The Wonderful End of the world, Toki Tori

All of these except the Potato Pack should be $5.

Also, there will be massively discounted Holiday-Sale-only packs of all of Eidos/Square-Enix's games, and all of 2K's games.

*will be buying almost every single one of those indy packs. There are one or two I already own, but will buy the rest!

PLEEEEEEASE NO ONE REPOST COFFEE EDGES POST! We want him to keep giving us sneak peeks, dont be a douchnozzle!

BTW Coffee any word on the exact day the sale will start and end? And thanks for posting the Delve Deeper charity thing, I would have preferred to wait for it to be $1-$2 but since I had not gifted anything to Childs Play yet this year I bit.

It starts on the 20th and is about two weeks long, I think.

LOL, the list is already all over the place, but from someone other than me, so actually, don't worry about it. It won't be skin off my teeth, but there is a chance this info will dry up.

[quote name='DukeEdwardI']
They also announce a "special guest star" to go along with the game's January 17th release.
[/QUOTE]
If it's any TF2 character, it'll be the scout. He'd be the perfect fit.

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']It starts on the 20th and is about two weeks long, I think.

LOL, the list is already all over the place, but from someone other than me, so actually, don't worry about it. It won't be skin off my teeth, but there is a chance this info will dry up.[/QUOTE]

There's a direct link to this on /r/gaming.

[quote name='MSI Magus']I would think that these leaks are good for Valve if anything. It seems to get people really hyped for the sale.[/QUOTE]

Welcome to Marketing 101.

[quote name='DukeEdwardI']Monday Night Combat and simply pre-order the game.[/QUOTE]

Cool, thanks.. I'll check it out.

Really haven't been too interested in any of these deals the past two days. Burnout Paradise is really the only thing catching my eye today, and I'll only grab that if I can get a few friends to pick it up too.

Puzzle Quest 1 is great, but many of us probably got PQ 2 during the previous big sale. Still, this is the first time PQ1 has ever been on sale on Steam, and it's dirt cheap to boot. :)
Lara Croft is excellent and you'd be crazy to pass on it. Got it even though I have it on PS3 already.
I had to pick up the Witcher even though I already own a physical copy. Also bought RE5, though I own it on 360 too. I like being able to play games on my laptop at work, ya know?

My daily haul:
Puzzle Quest, Witcher, Resident Evil 5, Lara Croft
Yesterday:
Super Meat Boy

Last edited by a moderator:
They have the First Tropico with the expansion, and Tropico 2 Pirates Cove all in one pack for 1.69 so basically 3 games. Tropico 1&2 are a lot better then 3 btw, I think they may have ruined the series with 3

I am new to steam. Was wondering if I remove a game I purchased from my harddrive and library, am I able to redownload it? Also, will I need to write down the cd key or will steam remember that as well based on the first answer?

[quote name='lordopus99']I am new to steam. Was wondering if I remove a game I purchased from my harddrive and library, am I able to redownload it? Also, will I need to write down the cd key or will steam remember that as well based on the first answer?[/QUOTE]

youll be fine, you'll own it on steam, you can re-dl whenever and your key is tied to your account.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='paz9x']youll be fine, you'll own it on steam, you can re-dl whenever and yoru key is tied to your account.[/QUOTE]

Unless the game says otherwise.

Jesus, they fixed one blotter issue and now another crops up. I'm not getting the white page anymore for my community, and I can see updates for all 248 peepholes on my friends list.

However, now my personal info is FUBAR'd: "You achieved: ." every day.

[quote name='eastx']Puzzle Quest 1 is great, but many of us probably got PQ 2 during the previous big sale. Still, this is the first time PQ1 has ever been on sale on Steam, and it's dirt cheap to boot. :)
Lara Croft is excellent and you'd be crazy to pass on it. Got it even though I have it on PS3 already.
I had to pick up the Witcher even though I already own a physical copy. Also bought RE5, though I own it on 360 too. I like being able to play games on my laptop at work, ya know?
[/QUOTE]

Ah, crap! Why'd you have to say anything?! I've been adamant about not buying anything since I've played maybe one or two games from the last sale but then you go and say "RE5" and now I'm having a hard time resisting. I've been playing RE4 on the Wii and was just thinking about getting RE5 on the computer (no 360 or PS3). Grrrrrr.

(I know I'll thank you later, but for now, I'll just be over here, shaking my fist in your general direction.)

We're here because we love-a the sales, dude! Except for Megazell. He's not here for any constructive reason, but that's life.

[quote name='eastx']We're here because we love-a the sales, dude! Except for Megazell. He's not here for any constructive reason, but that's life.[/QUOTE]

I love-a the sales, too -- I just hate-a how they grow my backlog.

I've been trying to buy a game for the past two hours and all I get is this:

There seems to have been an error initializing or updating your transaction. Please wait a minute and try again or contact support for assistance.

Tried CC and Paypal. I'm starting to think it's because I'm in PR for the holidays.

I grabbed Puzzle Quest even though I have it on the 360. It'll be a good laptop game and freak man it's a decent price for me to have as duplicate copy. Was thinking about the Lara Croft game too, which I also have on the 360/really liked, but nah passed on that (or should I say held off lol).

I am oficially convinced that steam won't let me buy stuff because I'm spending christmas break with my family in Puerto Rico. The fact that Bully on the main sale page says 'not available in your country' is a dead giveaway. FYI PR is not a country is an island in political limbo. This is so stupid. :whistle2:x

[quote name='Myka']I am oficially convinced that steam won't let me buy stuff because I'm spending christmas break with my family in Puerto Rico. The fact that Bully on the main sale page says 'not available in your country' is a dead giveaway. FYI PR is not a country is an island in political limbo. This is so stupid. :whistle2:x[/QUOTE]

Can you get it gifted to you (either now or when you get back)? Because if so, I might know a guy who knows a guy. Or just know a guy...

[quote name='Myka']I am oficially convinced that steam won't let me buy stuff because I'm spending christmas break with my family in Puerto Rico. The fact that Bully on the main sale page says 'not available in your country' is a dead giveaway. FYI PR is not a country is an island in political limbo. This is so stupid. :whistle2:x[/QUOTE]

I just came back from PR, Vega Baja. Visiting family and repairing some of my uncles farm land out there.

I think you can use an anonymizer to buy from the STEAM site. I had to do that a few times when I visit, just to check my banking accounts and things like that.

[quote name='yeah-yeah']Can you get it gifted to you (either now or when you get back)? Because if so, I might know a guy who knows a guy. Or just know a guy...[/QUOTE]
Yes, but that's another whole can of worms.

[quote name='Megazell']I just came back from PR, Vega Baja. Visiting family and repairing some of my uncles farm land out there.

I think you can use an anonymizer to buy from the STEAM site. I had to do that a few times when I visit, just to check my banking accounts and things like that.[/QUOTE]

Guess I'm gonna have to do that or forget about buying anything from the holiday sale at all. Recommend any?

No wonder the crime rate here is so high, people have too much free time.

[quote name='Myka']Guess I'm gonna have to do that or forget about buying anything from the holiday sale at all. Recommend any?

No wonder the crime rate here is so high, people have too much free time.[/QUOTE]

Try some of the links listed here - http://www.freeproxy.ru/en/free_proxy/cgi-proxy.htm

Crime is high there because the economy is largely dependent on tourism. Tourism has been down since 07-08.

On the plus side for those in the know it's one of the best places to build a self-sufficient home and garden/farm.

[quote name='Megazell']Try some of the links listed here - http://www.freeproxy.ru/en/free_proxy/cgi-proxy.htm

Crime is high there because the economy is largely dependent on tourism. Tourism has been down since 07-08.

On the plus side for those in the know it's one of the best places to build a self-sufficient home and garden/farm.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I'll bookmark that. I found the game I wanted cheaper on the amazon sale so I bought it there.

Seriously now, I think crime is high due to incompetent gun and drug control on the island (especifically the metro area). Just every other death you see on the news is related to drugs. I've always felt the smaller towns and the center of the island were generally more peaceful.

[quote name='Myka']Thanks. I'll bookmark that. I found the game I wanted cheaper on the amazon sale so I bought it there.

Seriously now, I think crime is high due to incompetent gun and drug control on the island (especifically the metro area). Just every other death you see on the news is related to drugs. I've always felt the smaller towns and the center of the island were generally more peaceful.[/QUOTE]

Glad you found a way to get what you was looking for.

That's still tied to economics. It also depends which part of the island you are on. The port areas are CRAZY with crime...just like any other place.

While the 'campo' areas are off limits because they know almost all citizens are armed. Crimes are damn near non-existent there. With the exception of domestic incident.

[quote name='eastx']We're here because we love-a the sales, dude! Except for Megazell. He's not here for any constructive reason, but that's life.[/QUOTE]

Ah man, I missed this hate message. Merry Christmas to you and yours. Stay Emotional in 2011 :)

I'm always open to STEAM Freeware! Those are the best sales!

[quote name='paz9x']example?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='SEH']There's a few games on Steam that use Securom or various other DRM's that limit installs.[/QUOTE]

Awhile back people on this thread were complaining about a 5 download limit for some retail game on STEAM.

The End.

[quote name='Megazell']I'm always open to STEAM Freeware! Those are the best sales![/QUOTE]

fucking go awayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy. Freeware on Steam amounts to Alien Swarm, and that's about all there is, exclusively.

Man, at least I sometimes admit when I'm trolling in threads about subjects I don't care about, just to piss people off. You are one helluva dedicated troll. That, or the viewcount on your freeware thread that you're always spamming really means a lot to you.

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']fucking go awayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy. Freeware on Steam amounts to Alien Swarm, and that's about all there is, exclusively.

Man, at least I sometimes admit when I'm trolling in threads about subjects I don't care about, just to piss people off. You are one helluva dedicated troll. That, or the viewcount on your freeware thread that you're always spamming really means a lot to you.[/QUOTE]

stop being so emotional, bro, and stick to the topic of this thread

puerto rican crime rates

[quote name='SEH']Operation Flashpoint is on sale for $3. Are there actually people online playing? If not I wont waste my money.[/QUOTE]

There will be a slight temporary boost from people who are buying it because it's $3, but for the most part, yeah, pretty dead. The best you can do is play co-op with your friends, if you can arrange it.

I really, really don't like the game. It kind of occupies a space in-between Battlefield and ARMA, and it just doesn't really work. I hope there is a good deal on ARMA, at some point, because those games are truly awesome.

bread's done
Back