The Steam discussion topic! Joy and happiness, right here, folks.

[quote name='eastx']Puzzle Quest 2 has finally shown up on Steam!

http://store.steampowered.com/app/47540/

It comes out on August 12. Preorder and get it for $18, whereas regular price is $20. Since it costs $15 on XBLA, there seems to be a PC tax. Grr.[/QUOTE]

I didnt buy it on xbla because I was waiting for it on steam. aggrevated me that it costs more. I may not buy it until its equal or lower than xbla price.

Sucks that PQ2 is more expensive on Steam than on Xbox. I guess I'll just continue to play PQ2 on my DS until the Steam version drops in price/has a sale.

Yeah, I dont get the whole PC costing more than XBLA or PSN thing these days. Unless it comes with more content somehow thats utter crap. Either way I just prefer to have my puzzle games on the DS anyways. Some people read the paper during thier restroom visits. Me, well, I like to solve puzzles to pass the time.

Question for the steam community. If I were to buy the ME2: Digital Deluxe Edition, and I already own ME2 on steam, will the DDE override the original version or will it have a separate page right next to it?

[quote name='Spyder187']Yeah, I dont get the whole PC costing more than XBLA or PSN thing these days. Unless it comes with more content somehow thats utter crap. Either way I just prefer to have my puzzle games on the DS anyways. Some people read the paper during thier restroom visits. Me, well, I like to solve puzzles to pass the time.[/QUOTE]

It could actually be because they know it'll be discounted heavily in future Steam sales, they want to keep the base price high, thus keeping the sale price more reasonable. Since it's $20, all they have to do is have a 50% off sale and it'll move a ton of copies.

Mafia 2 demo out now @ steam.

Just FYI if you screen is much darker then normal after playing the game... just ctrl-alt-del and it will go back to normal...

I liked the demo except for:
Only having AA option as on and off without having the possibility to set a number blows, unless its just because its a demo.
And the mouse options, give me a slider so i can find the perfect settings for me and not just very low, low etc.

The game itself was fun though so cant complain about that.

Tried out the Mafia2 demo and had fun. Game kicked my computer's ass. I had to set EVERYTHING to low. The car handling was super wonky like GTA4's. The guns sounded pretty good but the pistol sounded quiet. I'll probably just rent that one on console.

In other news, Nation Red is on sale and I'll probably pick that up. I tried out the demo way back when and was very underwhelmed, but I've heard that the game has had A LOT of the issues patched and they've also added a ton of content (weapons/perks/modes/achievements/and now online co-op!). So for $5 or less (if i can get into a 4-pack), it seems like it'd be fun.

Oh, and PvZ was patched to the GotY edition. Includes the Zombatar editor, more achievements and cloud support (woot!). There seems to be a problem with it erasing save files though. One look at the game's Steam forums would confirm that it's a widespread issue. So don't start the game unless you've backed up you're saves!

Hey Duke, I would definitely go in on a 4 pack on nation red with you. I also had tried the demo long ago and it blew but trying it again tonight they seemed to have fixed it up nicely. If you or soeone else starts a 4-pack pm me.

[quote name='Hydro2Oxide']Whoa, what's this RealMyst? It looks like they remade Myst, very cool and only $5.[/QUOTE]

Yup. That actually came out back in 2000. It is cool and all, getting to walk around wherever you want in all the familiar locations. I sort of wonder what it could look like if they'd waited longer to do it, or even if they did it again, and went completely nuts with the kind of graphics horsepower we have today. Still, realMyst looks really great, for being a decade old. Possibly the best-looking game to date, at the time it was released, and it's still impressive.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='G Force']if you do a four pack do i have to pay for mine i cant pay for it but ill take a copy of the game for free[/QUOTE]

What?

[quote name='G Force']i mean that if someone does a 4 pack ill take one of the copies for freee as a gift[/QUOTE]

gtfo

Anyways, the Mafia 2 demo kind of sold me on the game. It seems like it'd be a blast.

[quote name='G Force']i mean that if someone does a 4 pack ill take one of the copies for freee as a gift[/QUOTE]

Look guy, I get you are new here and all so let me explain this to you in simple terms. This website is called cheapassgamer.com ok. It is not moochassgamer, beggingassgamer, or givemeshitforfreeassgamer. If you want something you are going to pay for it.

The whole reason for doing a 4 pack is to reduce costs on ALL individuals, not so one person can buy a copy of the game for themselves and give it to 3 leeches as well.

Hey Duke, while you're buying games for people, would you mind picking me up a copy of Plants vs. Zombies? I hear it's pretty good and would like to play it.

[quote name='Spyder187']Look guy, I get you are new here and all so let me explain this to you in simple terms. This website is called cheapassgamer.com ok. It is not moochassgamer, beggingassgamer, or givemeshitforfreeassgamer. If you want something you are going to pay for it.

The whole reason for doing a 4 pack is to reduce costs on ALL individuals, not so one person can buy a copy of the game for themselves and give it to 3 leeches as well.[/QUOTE]

datamuchwin.jpg

[quote name='yeah-yeah']Hey Duke, while you're buying games for people, would you mind picking me up a copy of Plants vs. Zombies? I hear it's pretty good and would like to play it.[/QUOTE]

Sure! And just because I'm feeling so damn generous, I'll throw in a copy of Duke Nukem Forever as well.

[quote name='DukeEdwardI']
Sure! And just because I'm feeling so damn generous, I'll throw in a copy of Duke Nukem Forever as well.[/QUOTE]

Wow! You're the best! I've been waiting for that game for like, forever.

[quote name='Spyder187']Look guy, I get you are new here and all so let me explain this to you in simple terms. This website is called cheapassgamer.com ok. It is not moochassgamer, beggingassgamer, or givemeshitforfreeassgamer. If you want something you are going to pay for it.

The whole reason for doing a 4 pack is to reduce costs on ALL individuals, not so one person can buy a copy of the game for themselves and give it to 3 leeches as well.[/QUOTE]

LOL I always wondered when someone would have the audacity and/or balls to beg for a free copy of a 4 pack :)

You know, moochassgamer.com, has a nice ring to it

[quote name='VGmnk']LOL I always wondered when someone would have the audacity and/or balls to beg for a free copy of a 4 pack :)

You know, moochassgamer.com, has a nice ring to it[/QUOTE]

It's better than stupidteenassgamer.com I suppose...

It's semi-awesome that Plants vs Zombies has been updated. I am afraid to lose the Michael Jackson zombie. But I want more Achievements! Decisions...

PvZ with steam play means I'm replaying it again. Put in 49hours before on Steam PC now I own a MacBook pro it's worth reinstalling on OS X for the added achievements and quick downtime playtime. Amazing update! Damn shame I don't have my old save though =( I bought a bunch of stuff from dave's shop. oh well.

There's a patcher out there for the Mafia 2 demo that lets you bypass the stupid 12:00 play timer. You still have to stay within the demo zone, but you can run around and do whatever you want for however long you please.

[quote name='SEH']There's a patcher out there for the Mafia 2 demo that lets you bypass the stupid 12:00 play timer. You still have to stay within the demo zone, but you can run around and do whatever you want for however long you please.[/QUOTE]

Reminds one of my sex life.

Those thinking of purchasing Burn Zombie Burn should only do so if you've got a controller. I own it on the PS3 and it's a blast. I just tried it for the PC however and it's awful with a mouse and keyboard (seems like it should control slightly better with a mouse, but it doesn't). The most unresponsive/sloppy controls I've seen in a game in quite awhile.

Weekend deal, plus free weekend, is Booster Trooper. $4.99 (50% off), or $14.99 for a 4-pack.

Buy buy buy. This game is good, it just needs some players.

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']Weekend deal, plus free weekend, is Booster Trooper. $4.99 (50% off), or $14.99 for a 4-pack.

Buy buy buy. This game is good, it just needs some players.[/QUOTE]

My friends and I were going to buy this during the last sale, but I read online that there's zero people playing.

What happened to Booster Trooper having a free weekend? I was supposed to go from today until Sunday, but I'm still not able to find anywhere that it allows me to install it.

EDIT

Nevermind. Apparently it's not like most other free weekends where they have an ad up on the store page, it's just in your library tab (make sure you have it set to view all games. I didnt, which is why I didnt see it).

[quote name='paz9x']PvZ abducted my save file. 50 hours of stuff gone. I'm not happy about that at all.[/QUOTE]

Had you backed up your file at all? If you have, there's a little guide here that people seem to be having success with (haven't tried it myself though).

If you haven't....well, then yes, that's downright shitty.

I am sorely tempted to get Borderlands on Steam even though I already have a hard copy. I was not a fan of the Gamespy system to find other players.

[quote name='dfg']I am sorely tempted to get Borderlands on Steam even though I already have a hard copy. I was not a fan of the Gamespy system to find other players.[/QUOTE]

Buying it on Steam don't do anything to help the Gamespy problem.

More unnannounced coming soon shit:

- 2 Fast Driver
- Agatha Christie: Dead Man's Folly
- Agatha Christie: Death on the Nile
- Agatha Christie: Peril at End House
- Airforte (next game from the makers of Flotilla)
- Alien Breed 2: Assault
- Alternativa
- Aura
- Aura 2
- Buried in Time
- Chainz
- Chime (same as the XBLA game)
- City Bus
- Deathspank
- Defense Grid: The Awakening - Untitled DLC #5 (could this FINALLY be the multiplayer mode?)
- Demolition Company
- Dwarfs ("arcade/strategy" game, being published by the excellent Tripwire. Free beta here)
- Empire Earth III
- Free Running
- Homefront Demo
- Insurgency: Modern Infantry Combat (Steamworks-enabled edition)
- Lords of Magic: Special Edition
- Lords of the Realm: Royal Edition
- Lords of the Realm III
- Need for Russia (haha what?)
- Paradise Quest
- Pat and Mat
- Pound of Ground
- Ship Simulator Extremes
- Spelunx
- Treasures of the Serengeti

Highlights for me are Alien Breed 2, Airforte, Chime, Deathspank (glad it's happening for PC, after all), Defense Grid DLC #5, and Dwarfs.

Also, when NyxQuest launches on Steam, it'll be a SteamPlay title, meaning that it'll also be available for Mac OS, as a single purchase.

And lastly, the Age of Wonders re-releases are imminent. The developer has finally posted a public news item about them on their website.

I'm glad I held off on DeathSpank when it came out. The demo was a lot of fun and I can see myself being quite addicted to it. This way, I'll be able to get it for cheaper (inevitable steam deal) and be able to play on my preferred platform. Hope there's Steamworks integration!

[quote name='DukeEdwardI']I'm glad I held off on DeathSpank when it came out. The demo was a lot of fun and I can see myself being quite addicted to it. This way, I'll be able to get it for cheaper (inevitable steam deal) and be able to play on my preferred platform. Hope there's Steamworks integration![/QUOTE]

i have the psn version and its a very fun game. very solid purchase, especially at whatever sale you end up purchasing it in.

Does anyone here play global agenda? i finally tried out the demo and kind of like it. Just curious if it is actually worth a buy even though it is on sale for 25% off atm. Any feedback is appreciated

[quote name='Spyder187']Does anyone here play global agenda? i finally tried out the demo and kind of like it. Just curious if it is actually worth a buy even though it is on sale for 25% off atm. Any feedback is appreciated[/QUOTE]

I think its good. itd be better if I had people to play with. I just jump in with randoms, but i like it, im not into mmo's so i cant comment on those aspects in comparison to other mmo's.

bread's done
Back