The Target Clearance Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Since the Target deals are usually of the "your mileage may vary" type, let's keep all the target clearance deals in this thread.

Here is a fairly easy way to check if your local Target has the games on clearance without making the store clerk unlock the display case and price-scan a bunch of games. Very often, games may be on sale, but will not be marked as such.

BigDirty came up with this nice time saver. Respect his cheap ass skills.

1) Check this thread for games that have been reported on clearance.

2) Go to www.half.com, http://bits.com/ or similar website and search for the game to locate its UPC code number. Its in the grey box underneath the box art graphic.

3) Go to www.schworak.com/upc/ , www.milk.com/barcode/ , or www.upcdatabase.com and enter the code so you can print out the UPC.

4) Go to Target and use the price scanners to scan your printouts and search for cheap ass deals!

FYI: "When a game's price ends with 8 cents, further reduction is possible, when it ends in 4 cents, that's the ball game, pick it up cause it's not going any lower. If it ends in 9 cents, it's just on sale or on a non-clearance reduction." - BigDirty

When posting what you have found, please note the location that you found it at, example:

Philadelphia, PA
Snyder Plaza

Game Name, System, Price

(This edit from Big Dirty)

[quote name='murcielago77']can anyone confirm the top spin and links for 30 each? soulyogurt it seems you are the closest so if you could it would be INCREDIBLY appreciated.[/quote]

Top Spin
NFL Fever 2004
Links 2004
NBA Inside Drive 2004
Amped 2
NHL Rivals 2004

All drop to $30 02/25 everywhere.

Has anyone found any deals at the Targets in the Daly City/Colma/San Bruno areas? In the one in Serra Center, all I found was Stuntman and State of Emergency for PS2 for 9.98, I believe. Nothing else, unfortunately.

There were a few 20.98 PS2 games (ESPN Hockey, Indiana Jones, and Auto Modellista are all I remember). They were actually behind the glass marked with in a section with Clearance labels where the normal prices would be listed.

$13.98 for MetaBots (don't remember the version) for GBA

Blinx (PH version) for $13.98. Still have numerous copies of Tony Hawk 3 for $13.98

Lake Charles, LA

I can confirm Links 2004 for $29...I noticed it on the shelf at my local Target with that price tag a couple of weeks ago. Forgot about it until checking out this thread today.

-Dave

lyric, that's a hot price for DDR + a pad...its an awesome game, if you have any interest in it, go for it while it's cheap.

Dunno if this has been posted, but I found Metroid Prime for $20 today at the Target in Binghamton. I did take the last copy though...

[quote name='alongx']lyric, that's a hot price for DDR + a pad...its an awesome game, if you have any interest in it, go for it while it's cheap.[/quote]

Gotta second that. But you really need to buy a 2nd pad as well. 10x more fun to battle with a friend. I picked up DDR + two pads (for Xbox) from Best Buy for a very non-CAGer price (only thing I haven't picked up cheap so far :) ) and don't regret it.

Although gaming is big here, does anyone know about deals in the Greater South Sound area of Washington? Used to work at Target, know how it all works, but want to know if going in one of 'em will actually be worth it. So far, if the deals here hold up it would be!

[quote name='AspiringWannabe']Although gaming is big here, does anyone know about deals in the Greater South Sound area of Washington? Used to work at Target, know how it all works, but want to know if going in one of 'em will actually be worth it. So far, if the deals here hold up it would be![/quote]

Well I've searched a lot of the Southend King County/ Pierce County Targets and I have yet to see any good deals. There were lots of deals a few months ago ie. cheap ass Xenosaga, Eternal Darkness, Maximo..etc. I think a lot of people have caught on with the Target deals so I haven't seen any in the last couple of months. I tried to get the 20.00 Wario Ware a couple of days ago but no one has it around here. A little disappointing, but I've purchased enough games from Circuit City to last me a couple of years :)

I finally found Arc The Lad TOS at the Walnut Creek, CA store. :D Last copy.

They also had eye of the beholder for GBA $5 and Kya, Unreal, etc.

[quote name='YoshiFan1']Turnersville, NJ

Dance Dance Revolution Max 2 Bundle with the game and dance pad, $14.98! (75% off) :D[/quote]

I don't care for DDR at all but at that price, I'd sure as hell start liking it.

Found Dynasty Warriors 4 (Xbox) for $14.95 at the Lennox Target in Columbus, OH. Last one, though.

[quote name='YoshiFan1']Turnersville, NJ

Dance Dance Revolution Max 2 Bundle with the game and dance pad, $14.98! (75% off) :D[/quote]

Wow! thanks for the info! I'll be giving them a call tomorrow! :D

[quote name='TheDecn']Found Dynasty Warriors 4 (Xbox) for $14.95 at the Lennox Target in Columbus, OH. Last one, though.[/quote]

Everyone here should get that game! IT OWNZ!!! Its one of the BEST games on both the PS2 and Xbox! Its the HALO of hack n' slash games.

At the Target in Brea, ca they had like 3 copies of blinx: the time sweaper for xbox for 9.76. Not a bad price for a pretty cool game.

Fair Lakes VA Target had Xbox consoles temp price dropped to $170 yesterday. (And about six copies of Yu-Yu so no rain check for me :evil: ) I imagine that would be nation-wide but not sure. Have no idea why, but it was the normal console with TW/SW game and one Controller S.

Watauga, TX Target has Animal Crossing for $14.98. It was $20.x8 a coupla weeks ago. Now it's been moved back into the case, and the price is lowered. Still ends in an 8, so could go down more....

I wish I could get the DDR bundle, our Target has been sold out since before Christmas. :( Wah buy for me! I have noticed that Target has been clearing PC titles, too. Last time I was there they had Atlantis Tycoon for around $5 and I think Liberty's Kids (from the PBS show) wasaround $10 I think. My head hurts so I can't remember.

[Skokie, Il.] It's probably already been noted, but i got Tetris Worlds (ps2) for $9.98
Last one, it was in their "classics" area

I saw on a message board elsewhere someone found Armed and dangerous for 10 dollars for xbox. Anyone confirm this?

Super Monkey Ball 2 for 19.99 if anyone want me to get some PM me I will ship them for a total of 25.25 (Cost of game + tax + shipping) I know it won't be much of a deal then, since else where you could get it for 29.99 + tax, but just in case you want to save a few bucks. I'll be going tomorrow, so who ever pms me till tomorrow morning, I will get.

Been brought up before, but Target in Washington Square, Indy, has the Xbox Wireless Adapter for $79.99, regularly $129.99.

There was also a MS Wireless-G Notebook Adapter for $44.99.

I saw nothing new in Lake Charles this week. Still had that copy of metabots for $13.98. It was out from behind the glass.

Also, we had an insane amount of Luigi's Mansion. Atleast 10 copies.

[quote name='TheDecn']Found Dynasty Warriors 4 (Xbox) for $14.95 at the Lennox Target in Columbus, OH. Last one, though.[/quote]

I found the same deal in Stockton, CA. The store here had about 10 copies left.

[quote name='Pinnacle']I just got a gamecube. What all cube games are clearance at Target?[/quote]

You just gotta keep an eye on this thread, since there isn't a running list of all GC clearance games. Also, these deals are YMMV, so it's best to just head down to your local Target and do some price checking, like most of the people have done on this thread. Good luck!

I picked up Dynasty Warriors 4 (XBox) for 7.48 today at the Target in Reading, Pa, looked to be the last one.... I heard from a friend that all video game clearance prices are lowered on Mondays at Target, I don't know if that info is already on this board somewhere, but I found it useful as the game was 14.98 when I went on Sunday night, so i conveniently placed it in the back of the rack. Strolled in on Monday morning and picked it up, still had the 14.98 price tag on it, but at a price checker it rang up at $7.48!! :shock: :lol: Thanks for posting all of the deals guys.

[quote name='moiety'][quote name='Pinnacle']I just got a gamecube. What all cube games are clearance at Target?[/quote]

You just gotta keep an eye on this thread, since there isn't a running list of all GC clearance games. Also, these deals are YMMV, so it's best to just head down to your local Target and do some price checking, like most of the people have done on this thread. Good luck![/quote]

Man this thread is like 30 pages! lol

There's always the handy Search at the top.

Though there really haven't been that many great games on clearance at Target for GCN.

A couple deals here and there for REmake and Eternal Darkness for $7.98. You should have at least the latter in your collection by now though. Aside from those, it's been pretty sparse for GCN owners.

101! Officially a Regular now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back