The Target Clearance Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Since the Target deals are usually of the "your mileage may vary" type, let's keep all the target clearance deals in this thread.

Here is a fairly easy way to check if your local Target has the games on clearance without making the store clerk unlock the display case and price-scan a bunch of games. Very often, games may be on sale, but will not be marked as such.

BigDirty came up with this nice time saver. Respect his cheap ass skills.

1) Check this thread for games that have been reported on clearance.

2) Go to www.half.com, http://bits.com/ or similar website and search for the game to locate its UPC code number. Its in the grey box underneath the box art graphic.

3) Go to www.schworak.com/upc/ , www.milk.com/barcode/ , or www.upcdatabase.com and enter the code so you can print out the UPC.

4) Go to Target and use the price scanners to scan your printouts and search for cheap ass deals!

FYI: "When a game's price ends with 8 cents, further reduction is possible, when it ends in 4 cents, that's the ball game, pick it up cause it's not going any lower. If it ends in 9 cents, it's just on sale or on a non-clearance reduction." - BigDirty

When posting what you have found, please note the location that you found it at, example:

Philadelphia, PA
Snyder Plaza

Game Name, System, Price

(This edit from Big Dirty)

Hey eternal I feel your pain. I live in Orlando and none of the Targets have any ridiculous prices like people have been posting.

Picked up
Megaman Network for Cube $6.58 (2 copies, 1 for friend)
Super Monkey Ball 2 $6.58 (4 copies for my friends)
Sonic Pinball Party $14.98

Union city, CA

[quote name='bugg33']Picked up

Union city, CA[/quote]]
UNION CITY?!

*runs 30 miles*

Union City... damn those are good deals, did they have much left bugg33? I don't really wanna make a 40 mile drive if its cleaned out... with the stupid gas prices it'd probably be cheaper buying the game from Eb.

[quote name='bugg33']Picked up

Union city, CA[/quote]
Would you be interested in getting rid of one of those Super Monkey Ball 2s? Ive been looking EVERYWHERE for it....PM me if interested!!

i bought and returned 3 copies of super monkey ball 2 ($7) from target because the game froze in my gamecube. beware if you have a black gamecube, i heard of it happening.

Oxford Valley PA:
Red Alert 2/Expansion Pack Bundle PC- 10.48

Neshaminy PA:
Nothing of note

NE Philadelphia (Roosevelt Blvd. Greatland Store)
Backyard Baseball GC- $20.98 (If someone sees this for 6.48/7.48...I'd be willing to sport $10 for it)
Tiger Woods GBA 13.98

Snyder Plaza, Philadelphia:
Clock Tower 3 PS2- $5

Cherry Hill
Clock Tower 3 PS2- $5
THPS3 PSone $9
Various PC Games

Burlington NJ
Clock Tower 3 PS2- $5
THPS3 PSone $9

[quote name='GundamFan']Hey eternal I feel your pain. I live in Orlando and none of the Targets have any ridiculous prices like people have been posting.[/quote]

i know what you mean, since i also live in orlando and can never find any cheapass deals

[quote name='Legolas813'][quote name='GundamFan']Hey eternal I feel your pain. I live in Orlando and none of the Targets have any ridiculous prices like people have been posting.[/quote]

i know what you mean, since i also live in orlando and can never find any cheapass deals[/quote]

Same here in Miami. My Target has tons, and I mean tons of old games, but they are all at full price.

Phillipsburg, NJ

Amplitude PS2 scanned as $0. Clerk rang it up as $5
Mace Griffen $4.98

Last copies of both. That store rarely has these cheap deals. The clearance section is mostly crap. I just grabbed a stack and started scanning. I had some miserable middle-aged woman come up and give me dirty looks, so I just took my sweet-old time. Like there's not a million scanners in Target.

Good times!

[quote name='misbitski']Phillipsburg, NJ

[/quote]

Lucky #@^%$^. I mean, congratulations. I paid $20 at CC (well a little less, since it was during the buy 3 save $20 promo), and I was happy to get it.

[quote name='jousley']Man! I REALLY want a copy of Monkey Ball 2...can ANYONE help me out? PM me please!!! :)[/quote]

Sadly, Im in the same boat. :(

[quote name='guessed'][quote name='misbitski']Phillipsburg, NJ

[/quote]

Lucky #@^%$^. I mean, congratulations. I paid $20 at CC (well a little less, since it was during the buy 3 save $20 promo), and I was happy to get it.[/quote]

I'd say this game is a steal for 20, I paid 10 for it at KB, but I think its worth picking up for any price below $30

[quote name='misbitski']Phillipsburg, NJ

Mace Griffen $4.98

Last copies of both. That store rarely has these cheap deals. The clearance section is mostly crap. I just grabbed a stack and started scanning. I had some miserable middle-aged woman come up and give me dirty looks, so I just took my sweet-old time. Like there's not a million scanners in Target.

Good times![/quote]

Good stuff dude. Amplitude is one heck of a game, so addicting in its own way. At first i didn't get it, then i get the beat down and pretty soon, its addicting. Great solo gameplay.

Yeah, Amplitude is definitely an underappreciated gem. Americans just don't buy rhythm/music games unless it had a Tom Clancy label. I'm amazed it was only $5.

Tom Clancy's Music Jam Squad 3 Online...it'll sell millions.

If everyone would kust read the list we would have some many less posts to go through. If it been posyed for 7.48 why post it a hundred times more, Yes we know arc the lad/ mace griffin/ etc is 4.98 Please only new prices. It'll help this thread a lot more!

[quote name='Mr_hockey66']If everyone would kust read the list we would have some many less posts to go through. If it been posyed for 7.48 why post it a hundred times more, Yes we know arc the lad/ mace griffin/ etc is 4.98 Please only new prices. It'll help this thread a lot more![/quote]

I disagree, most post the area target they found the deals at which is helpful for many. Although a "list" is helpful it also helps to have people list what they are getting deals for, even if posted before, especially since prices are changing constantly.

yes post new deals. These last posts don't even have a location. Thats just bragging! Tell NEW prices and OR location. Thats what we need not a hundred ha ha ha i got this game a four for my friends! Who care how many you bought! thats great! glad you got a good deal but tell us WHERE you got it. Got It!

This sounds wors then I ment it! sorry! I just need some good deals man. I can't find jack. I have read about arc and mace griffion a million times :evil:

Come on. Although I agree with you Mr_hockey66, let's not scare off all of the posters. Your post to scold them took as much time as my post directed to you....a wasted cycle.

I was hoping to find new deals since I see a lot of $4.98's posted here. My closest Target and found Fusion Frenzy. To my dissapointment, it scanned at $19.99.

The other games were just greatest hits games.

There is a Target 3 miles from my house that not only has nothing in stock, but also has higher prices than the prices listed in this tread. A new Target opened about 15 miles from my house. This new Target has lots of games and at the prices mentioned here. $4.98 Fusion Frenzy for example. And no, the crappy Target 3 miles from my house WILL NOT price match the new target 15 miles away. This is a perfect example at how much the prices vary from store to store.

[quote name='jlindsay26']Got Mario Party 4 for $21 last one, not the greatest deal but still pretty good[/quote]

I just came back from a long night of spending more than I should (I had intended to spend 4 cents, but spent over $100 instead, I haven't done the tally yet.

I was surprised to find the clearance rack at one of my local Targets stuffed with Mario Party 4. There were, in fact, over 50 copies, priced at $14.98 each. I scored one.

If anyone lives in the Nashville area, they are at the Cool Springs Target.

Wow. My one Target had nothing except Chaos Legion and Clock Tower. Absolutely nothing outside the case.

But I go about 20 minutes to the other one and score MGS2 Substance for $7.48 and Midtown Madness 3 for $14.98. MM3 was outside the case in a pretty nice clearance shelf, but MGS2 was inside. I asked the clerk to check the price and when it came up he looked at me funny and asked "How old is this game?"

EDIT: Dickson City, PA. Plenty of copies of both games I bought.

West Livonia, Michigan (on Haggerty):

Xbox: Enter The Matrix - $14.XX
NFL Fever 2004 - $14.XX

These were on the endcap opposite the right wall of the store past the accessory aisle. There was a bunch of stuff in that section, those were the two only two titles I remember. I'm guessing they just did markdowns there in the last day or two as the shelf was full of about twenty games. Sorry I'm not more help.

Edit: For anyone looking they did have at least four copies of NBA Street vol. 2 for PS2 at the $19.99 price point in the locked case. All other stores I've been to have been sold out.

Charlotte, NC

Mortal Kombat Deadly Alliance - GC $9.98
( I gotta stop buying or my wife's gonna kill me, Boy that Bond game look's good though )

I went looking to buy chaos Legion last night at target and much to my shock, not only did they have it correctly priced at 998, but they had a printed chaos Legion price tag with the words "Sony value software" on it.

This was behind the glass case at the Princeton location and it was out of stock.

It just about broke my heart when I found out it wasn't there, because I wanted this for a while :whistle2:(

Still, the fact that had a rather complex pricetag leads me to believe this may be the new nationwide price for targets everywhere -- if not all stores everywhere.

Perhaps there's a rerelease coming soon?

Clifton NJ-
XIII PC - $20
Metal Gear Solid Substance (PC) - $10
Red Faction 2 (PC) - $2.48

I didnt even know they made metal gear for PC. oh well. got the ps2 version anyway.

Anaheim,CA

Def Jam GC - 9.48
Dead to Rights XB -10.98
Hulk GC - 7.48
Driver 2 PSone - 5.98
Harry Potter PSone - 3.98

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back