The Target Clearance Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Since the Target deals are usually of the "your mileage may vary" type, let's keep all the target clearance deals in this thread.

Here is a fairly easy way to check if your local Target has the games on clearance without making the store clerk unlock the display case and price-scan a bunch of games. Very often, games may be on sale, but will not be marked as such.

BigDirty came up with this nice time saver. Respect his cheap ass skills.

1) Check this thread for games that have been reported on clearance.

2) Go to www.half.com, http://bits.com/ or similar website and search for the game to locate its UPC code number. Its in the grey box underneath the box art graphic.

3) Go to www.schworak.com/upc/ , www.milk.com/barcode/ , or www.upcdatabase.com and enter the code so you can print out the UPC.

4) Go to Target and use the price scanners to scan your printouts and search for cheap ass deals!

FYI: "When a game's price ends with 8 cents, further reduction is possible, when it ends in 4 cents, that's the ball game, pick it up cause it's not going any lower. If it ends in 9 cents, it's just on sale or on a non-clearance reduction." - BigDirty

When posting what you have found, please note the location that you found it at, example:

Philadelphia, PA
Snyder Plaza

Game Name, System, Price

(This edit from Big Dirty)

There marked most of the time its diffrent prices in every target

[quote name='Miktrebla']How do you find these prices? Are they marked this cheap? Or do you actually have to go ask them to ring it up?[/quote]

Hmm... Looks like I will be checking the local Target (Columbia, MD) today to see if they had any price drops. I bought Tony Hawk 3 last week (4.44). We will see...
Take Care,
Matthew

[quote name='minx']Still, the fact that had a rather complex pricetag leads me to believe this may be the new nationwide price for targets everywhere -- if not all stores everywhere.[/quote]

I don't know. Fuzion Frenzy (Xbox) is $5 at some Target's, $20 at most, but the one I found it at for $5 actually had it behind the glass with a pricetag indicating it was $5. (I have actually scanned the game at two or so other Targets and it was $20.) The guy who got it out for me scanned it himself to make sure the price was right, LOL. I think the pricetag thing is just something that varies by store, just like the actual markdown itself.

While its not actually on Clearance, my Target had Prince of Persia for Gamecube marked down to $29.99. Very tempting

Princeton NJ

Evil Dead FoBS (PS2) $4.98 [was a misfit copy laying on the back clearance shelf]

Black & Bruised (PS2) there was a stack of 6 priced at $12.48, but I didn't bother to scan, may be less.

[quote name='magilacudy']BigDirty, do you check the XBox games too? Or were there just not any on clearance.[/quote]

When there's stuff on clearance, I'll tell you, but the P-Ton location has been ransacked and then picked over... nothing for the box, and nothing of worthy note for the cube either (matrix is still 21)

man... i just checked the target in placentia, CA and there is nothing but 20 dollar games. i scanned like 10 vid games and they were still 20 bucks or more. :(

[quote name='bmulligan']Farmington Hills MI

PSone LCD combos down to $75.98[/quote]

A little off subject but do they make any sort of battery pack for these? It would rock to play this on a plane instead of my gba sp.

Cary NC

GamersPack (PC) $3.74 (Scanned at $0.00)
Includes C&C Renegade, Need for Spped III, Freedom Force & Earth and Beyond.

Saw Metroid Fusion on Clearance at my local Target. Not quite ripe yet though, only down to $24 for $30. Definitely worth a check in a few weeks

[quote name='pfunkpearl'][quote name='bmulligan']Farmington Hills MI

PSone LCD combos down to $75.98[/quote]

A little off subject but do they make any sort of battery pack for these? It would rock to play this on a plane instead of my gba sp.[/quote]

Yes, they do. Mine came free when I bought the portable screen a couple years ago. The life on the battery is not the greatest, giving you around 2 hours or so...just long enough for a short plane ride. The battery looks likes a thin tray which the PSOne sits on, BTW.

Mason, OH Fields Ertel Location:

Midnight Club II (Xbox) $14.98 (I grabbed the last one)
Aliens Vs. Predator (Xbox) $14.98 (3 Left)
Enter The Matrix (Xbox) $14.98 (1 Left)
Wreckless PH (Xbox) $9.96 (4 Left)
Def Jam Vendetta (GCN) $9.96 (2 Left)

Frisco, TX.

Def Jam Vendetta (GCN) 13.98 (1 Left)
XBOX exhibtion disc 2.98 (4 left)
PS1 + LCD combo 104.98 (2 left)

anyone else in the Plano/Frisco , TX area?

I work at a Target, in the Electronics Dept. I put out the new releases on Tuesdays, as well as stock the Electronics on truck days which are M, W, and F. There are many games, and software on clearance currently at my store. A lot of PS1 games, and Need for Speed Underground is like 20 something. I can send games to people who request them and send payment for clearance items they may want me to look for, just ask, I don't mind. Also, did anybody take advantage of my Cody Banks 50% off any DVD post? I know that I sure did. 8)

San Jose, CA

NBA Street Vol 2 (PS2) - $19.99

Another thing I saw was NHL 2004 for PS2 was not on the racks but on the ground behind the glass case. I thought it would be on clearance since I found most games that were on sale were also on the ground. So I asked the clerk to ring it up but it was still $49.99. There were tons of copies too, oh well.

[quote name='josh33_unc']I work at a Target, in the Electronics Dept. I put out the new releases on Tuesdays, as well as stock the Electronics on truck days which are M, W, and F. There are many games, and software on clearance currently at my store. A lot of PS1 games, and Need for Speed Underground is like 20 something. I can send games to people who request them and send payment for clearance items they may want me to look for, just ask, I don't mind. Also, did anybody take advantage of my Cody Banks 50% off any DVD post? I know that I sure did. 8)[/quote]

wow, thanks josh. that's cool of you! the CAG community is the best.

[quote name='TheRock88']San Jose, CA

NBA Street Vol 2 (PS2) - $19.99

Another thing I saw was NHL 2004 for PS2 was not on the racks but on the ground behind the glass case. I thought it would be on clearance since I found most games that were on sale were also on the ground. So I asked the clerk to ring it up but it was still $49.99. There were tons of copies too, oh well.[/quote]

Which game did you get checked? NHL 2004 (EA) or ESPN NHL (Sega)?
EA is'nt on clearence Sega is.

PSOne car power adapter $19.98

Okc, OK

EDIT: Cheapy how making a Target Clearence Sticky in the Non-Gaming section, so we can post some of the other items in the store.

[quote name='josh33_unc']I work at a Target, in the Electronics Dept. I put out the new releases on Tuesdays, as well as stock the Electronics on truck days which are M, W, and F. There are many games, and software on clearance currently at my store. A lot of PS1 games, and Need for Speed Underground is like 20 something. I can send games to people who request them and send payment for clearance items they may want me to look for, just ask, I don't mind. Also, did anybody take advantage of my Cody Banks 50% off any DVD post? I know that I sure did. 8)[/quote]

if possible, you should try and give us any news on any new clearance games, at your store at least. then we can cross our fingers and hope for the best at the ones in our own respective areas.

i don't know if target actually fills anyone (being the employees) in on the markdowns, though, since usually i get massive "huh?" when i buy a clearance game.

Man. My freaking Target goes about as low as dpatel's does. Midnight Club 2 Xbox for $20.98 and Def Jam Vendetta and Mortal Kombat: DA for $13 each. Not bad but I wish I could find the prices you all are posting which are usually $3-7 less. I usually have to wait a few weeks for them to go down in price again. Kinda sucks but oh well.

Got ape escape 2 for 4.38 at the cedar park sotre in texas.

They really did not have anything else there except riding spirits for $13

Is there any specific time to look for these games? I have heard that tues evening is when target usually finishes marking down all of their prices.

Does it matter on time of year?

I finally got mine, for $75, that's 50% off 149! I'm so glad I waited, scoped out which store had a couple left for them to go lower this week. Thank you so much to the person in this forum who mentioned that they were on clearance. YAAY!

Has anyone had a situation where you bring in a barcode to scan and it comes up with the clearance price, but when you get the game and the cashier scans it at the register, the original higher price comes up? I haven't really checked my local target stores for these deals, and I just wanted to ask if something like this ever happened to anyone.

[quote name='XCutioner93']Has anyone had a situation where you bring in a barcode to scan and it comes up with the clearance price, but when you get the game and the cashier scans it at the register, the original higher price comes up? I haven't really checked my local target stores for these deals, and I just wanted to ask if something like this ever happened to anyone.[/quote]

As I understand it, the shelf scanners are tied to the same database as the checkout scanners. The only issue one might have is if it scans zero, and you have them look up the price in the department, and then check out up front. It happened to me the other day. She was about to key in the price on the tag when I stopped her and told her they had checked it back in electronics, so she just keyed in the price I gave her.

[quote name='guessed'][quote name='XCutioner93']Has anyone had a situation where you bring in a barcode to scan and it comes up with the clearance price, but when you get the game and the cashier scans it at the register, the original higher price comes up? I haven't really checked my local target stores for these deals, and I just wanted to ask if something like this ever happened to anyone.[/quote]

As I understand it, the shelf scanners are tied to the same database as the checkout scanners. The only issue one might have is if it scans zero, and you have them look up the price in the department, and then check out up front. It happened to me the other day. She was about to key in the price on the tag when I stopped her and told her they had checked it back in electronics, so she just keyed in the price I gave her.[/quote]

So, unless the self scanner says 0, the price of the barcode you scan at the scanner should be the same at the register? Thanks for clearing it up. Although I haven't really checked my Target for deals, I did scan a barcode for Xenosaga once, and it came up at 0.

[quote name='XCutioner93'][quote name='guessed'][quote name='XCutioner93']stuff.[/quote]

Other stuff[/quote]

So, unless the self scanner says 0, the price of the barcode you scan at the scanner should be the same at the register? Thanks for clearing it up. Although I haven't really checked my Target for deals, I did scan a barcode for Xenosaga once, and it came up at 0.[/quote]

The handhelds "ask" the main database what the price is for the product. The registers and the pole scanners only check that exact stores prices, which could have been zerod out.

Yes i do, and they send stuff like this to me in the mail, and have it on that site.
http://www.getintothegame.com/bonus_level/index.aspx
Get a $5 Off Coupon - Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance II for PlayStation 2 OR Xbox

Get a $5 Off Coupon - Champions of Norrath: Realms of EverQuest for PlayStation 2

Get a $5 Off Coupon - James Bond 007: Everything or Nothing for PlayStation 2, Xbox OR GameCube

Get a $5 Off Coupon - Mafia for PlayStation 2

Get a $5 Off Coupon - Ninja Gaiden for Xbox

Get a $5 Off Coupon - Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Jungle Storm for PlayStation 2

Get a $5 Off Coupon - Unreal II: The Awakening for Xbox

[quote name='Masterkyo']Mafia (PS2) $38.88 - $5 off = 27.88 for new release title (NOT Too BAD)[/quote]
check your math buddy

[quote name='m_d_amore'][quote name='Masterkyo']Mafia (PS2) $38.88 - $5 off = 27.88 for new release title (NOT Too BAD)[/quote]
check your math buddy[/quote]

:lol:

If you ever find a Sonic Mega Collection for cheap on the clearence let me know. I have been really wanting this game..

[quote name='JibbaJabba']

Which game did you get checked? NHL 2004 (EA) or ESPN NHL (Sega)?
EA is'nt on clearence Sega is.
[/quote]

I know ESPN is on sale but I saw tons of NHL 2004 not on the racks and thought it was on clearance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back