The Target Clearance Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Since the Target deals are usually of the "your mileage may vary" type, let's keep all the target clearance deals in this thread.

Here is a fairly easy way to check if your local Target has the games on clearance without making the store clerk unlock the display case and price-scan a bunch of games. Very often, games may be on sale, but will not be marked as such.

BigDirty came up with this nice time saver. Respect his cheap ass skills.

1) Check this thread for games that have been reported on clearance.

2) Go to www.half.com, http://bits.com/ or similar website and search for the game to locate its UPC code number. Its in the grey box underneath the box art graphic.

3) Go to www.schworak.com/upc/ , www.milk.com/barcode/ , or www.upcdatabase.com and enter the code so you can print out the UPC.

4) Go to Target and use the price scanners to scan your printouts and search for cheap ass deals!

FYI: "When a game's price ends with 8 cents, further reduction is possible, when it ends in 4 cents, that's the ball game, pick it up cause it's not going any lower. If it ends in 9 cents, it's just on sale or on a non-clearance reduction." - BigDirty

When posting what you have found, please note the location that you found it at, example:

Philadelphia, PA
Snyder Plaza

Game Name, System, Price

(This edit from Big Dirty)

[quote name='scsg75'][quote name='J1Doggy']I just went to my local target today and used the method of printing out the UPC symbols and scanning them, so I did that and some of them showed up in the computer while others didn't. The ones that did show up were cheap, but when I went back to the case with all the games they didn't have any of them. I was just wondering if they were sold out and the prices were left in the computer, or what? If you could help me out I'd really apperciate it.[/quote]

Yes, even though it still recognizes the upc code and is in their computer, it doesn't mean it is in stock.[/quote]

Hey thanks for the help scsg75.

Picked up or saw the following:

Dover, DE:
Mega Man: Network Transmission (GC) - $7.48 (Got the last one)

Salisbury, MD:
Def Jam Vendetta (GC) - $4.98 (still 1 left, sticker says $29.99)
Enter The Matrix (GC) - $7.48 (still 2 left, sticker says $29.99)
Max Payne (XB) - $9.98 (at least 10 left)

picked up silent hill 3 at my target for $20. Wanted to wait until it hit $13, but there were only 2 copies left and i wasn't about to take that chance.

Unfortunately, i have to admit the game isn't all that great -- maybe it's just not my type of game, but it's pretty slow and truthfully not too frightening. Then again, I only played it for ~1-2 hours because the camera was giving me an awful headache.

also saw silent hill 2 for xbox for $13 -- no way am i picking that up after this...

Target in Madison Heights (possibly Troy...don't know if it's over the city line or not), MI

I didn't see any clearance whatsoever for the consoles, although I may have just missed it. They had a few decent PC deals, though...

- Diablo, Pharoah, and the others in the "Greatest Hits" line for $5
- The Hulk for $10
- Spider-Man (the movie game) for $10

The best deal? Red Alert 2 and Yuri's Revenge, packaged together and stickered at $3.74. (It scanned at $0.00) I almost bought it...and then I remembered how much I suck at RTS games. I'll let someone else get it instead. :D

This is my first-ever post; great site, great thread - I got MK:DA ($4.98), Hitman 2 ($6.48/last copy) and SSX Tricky ($4.98) just this past week - all for GC. I also found a copy of Tony Hawk 4 (GC) for $13.98 today at the Target in Boca Raton, FL mixed in with the Spyro display, in case anyone is interested. The Boca store still has at least 4-5 copies of Mortal Kombat. I don't have a PS2 or Xbox, so I'm not sure if there are any deals to be had - although the $19.99 Platinum/GH were all marked down to $16.99. Also, Target near Sample Rd. and 441 had 6-7 copies of SSX Tricky in the case, which again come up as $4.98.

On a side note, does anyone know of a coming price cut in Soul Calibur II? I remember Target put in on sale for $27 a month or two ago, but I haven't seen it for less than $40 anywhere in the meantime. Thanks.

[quote name='Josef']Picked up or saw the following:

Dover, DE:
Mega Man: Network Transmission (GC) - $7.48 (Got the last one)

Salisbury, MD:
Def Jam Vendetta (GC) - $4.98 (still 1 left, sticker says $29.99)
Enter The Matrix (GC) - $7.48 (still 2 left, sticker says $29.99)
Max Payne (XB) - $9.98 (at least 10 left)[/quote]

Gah! MM: NT for 7.48?!

Here comes the jealousy...

I should be shuned as a CAGer!!! I payed FULL PRICE *GASP* for a game today (Luigi's Mansion). I went to four target stores today looking for a whole bunch of GC games that were in this thread, but I found none. (Then I got discouraged and bought the game at full price, but neway) Found a very interesting and dissappointing thing:

I noticed that the one target had Enter the Matrix (GC) scanned my paper and it registered at 7.48!!!! Great deal right???

Well, for some reason I scanned the game itself latter and :cry: it scanned at 19.99!?!?!?!?!? I scanned the paper again just to make sure and the paper showed up at 7.48?!?!?! I figured that since the Matrix recently went to the Players Choice that the UPC was changed on the new cases. SOOOOOO i checked and the matched up.......... exactally ............. every thick and skinny bar the same. HUM........... I am still baffeled :?

Don't know what that was all about, but..........
Let me know what u think is going on. :!: :?: :!: :?: :!: :?:

Yeah, Something to do with the Greatest Hits either resets clearance or something, because I grabbed a Greatest Hit Mace Griffin (PS2) today, scanned it, and it came up 19.99. (Safe to say I didn't buy it then)

[quote name='goldengraham']Yeah, Something to do with the Greatest Hits either resets clearance or something, because I grabbed a Greatest Hit Mace Griffin (PS2) today, scanned it, and it came up 19.99. (Safe to say I didn't buy it then)[/quote]

how the fuck is that game a greatest hit?!?!

Greatest Hit games have to sell a certain number of copies (a couple hundred thousand I'm exactly sure) and be out longer than 8 months.

There is only one real guideline used to decide what gets GH, PC, or PH and that is when they decide they will make more money selling them in bulk at cheaper prices rather then selling less of them for their original, more expensive price.

Picked up a couple last night:

.hack: Mutation - $19.99
.hack: Outbreak - $7.48

Yes, the 3rd game was cheaper than the second one. Don't ask me why. I figured I had better get the second one while I can tho, it was my store's last copy & that's still the cheapest I've seen it.

This was in Montgomery, AL btw.

It looks like my local target backed off on the Nba Street 2 for 9.98 and Need For Speed 2 for 4.98 for Xbox and put them back at 19.99. When I went there today you could see the old price stickers ripped off the cases. Good thing I got these from there before they did this.

Come on fellas, we're starting to go way OT. The Target clearance list is an important CAG list. Let's try to get back on topic. Save this talk for another thread.

Somewhere in southeast michigan Target i got....

Silent Hill 3 -PS2 20.98
Dark Cloud 2 -PS2 20.98

also saw

Silent Hill 2 (xbox)(PH)- 9.98

Tons of Neverwinter Nights(PC) Huge old style boxes for 14.98

Went to my Target and they still have The Hobbit (GC) for 20.98, its been that price for three weeks at least now. I thought they lowered once a week.

Springfield Missouri
Only Target in Town
Amped Xbox PH = $4.98
Max Payne Xbox PH = $4.98
Celeb Deathmatch Xbox = $4.98

Help this get's you guys back on tract and I just saved myself $45.

JimmieMac, oyu talking about the atomic bomb shaped Altec one's? they were only clearanced to 26.XX at my Target and I'm pretty cheap so I didn't know if they were worth it.

Super Target in Cordova TN

One copy of Mace Griffin (PS2) 4.98. Probably gone by the time I post this ;P

How do you guys find out the clearance price? At my local Target, the games have always the orginal (non clearance) price stickers, and they are all kept behind a glass door that can only be opened by a store clerk.

I asked him about clearanc eprices and he looked at me like I was crazy or something...

Are the clearance prices displayed on stickers at your store?

cn, the first page of this thread should help you find all the clearanced games. As for other products, there is usually a red sticker on them or you can just use the price scanners throuhgout the store

[quote name='cn']How do you guys find out the clearance price? At my local Target, the games have always the orginal (non clearance) price stickers, and they are all kept behind a glass door that can only be opened by a store clerk.

I asked him about clearanc eprices and he looked at me like I was crazy or something...

Are the clearance prices displayed on stickers at your store?[/quote]

Targets usually pull the clearance games and the $29.99 and under games out of the glass case and put them on the aisle with all the accesories and controllers. Sometimes they have clearance stickers on them and sometimes they don't, if you want to find out what the price is, take it to a self scanner located nearby in Health and Beauty or Toys section and scan it. If it scans at 0.00, it will ring up at the register for $4.98, or less, anyother price should be read by the scanner correctly (9.98, 13.98 and so on).

I'm pretty sure almost all Targets are set up this way, as they don't have enough glass dislay case space to keep all the $29.99 and under games behind. Just look around the electronics section for the cheaper games section and look on the clearance endcaps as well usually by the photomat dept as they sometimes stick clearance games on them.

N. Attleboro, MA
Silent Hill 3 (PS2)- $14.98

Picked one up, should be at least one left.

EDIT: They finally had a goddamn sale at my Target!!!! It's been months!!!

Got Megaman: Network Transmission for the GC for $7.48 and Blinx: GH for $4.98 at Target (East) in Madison. I didn't see any other copies.

Wow, Columbia MD RAISED their price on NBA Street Vol 2 (xbox) and Need for Speed HP2 back up to $19.99. I bought them 2 weeks ago for $9.99 and $4.xx...
Funny,
Take Care,
Matthew

[quote name='Dead of Knight']N. Attleboro, MA
Silent Hill 3 (PS2)- $14.98

Picked one up, should be at least one left.

EDIT: They finally had a goddamn sale at my Target!!!! It's been months!!![/quote]

Why don't you sign up for the meetup.com at the panera across the street?

Picked up today:

XIII (PC) $7.48 Castleton Target - 2 copies left at endcap of PC section
HL Platinum Collection $9.98 Nora Target - last one

I was just at Target in Long Beach, Ca and they had Zelda OOT GC(promo disk for Wind Waker preorder) and Zelda Collectors Edition GC for only $.01. I only saw this at 1 out of the 4 Targets in my area so this is definitely a YMMV, but it's worth looking out for.

Hi folks, stumbled upon this site this weekend and it paid off in the form of SC:pT.

Saw a deal at the St. Louis Park Target in MN that I haven't seen elsewhere: the "official" MS XBox Live wireless G router (or whatever they call it) on clearance for $39.99. Seemed to have plenty in stock.

Hope it helps out!

Port Orange, FL

Starcraft and Homeworld for 2.48 each.
Nothing else good, no wireless stuff clearance. One good thing, easter candy is 90% off, so act fast if you want some uber cheap sugar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back