The Target Clearance Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Since the Target deals are usually of the "your mileage may vary" type, let's keep all the target clearance deals in this thread.

Here is a fairly easy way to check if your local Target has the games on clearance without making the store clerk unlock the display case and price-scan a bunch of games. Very often, games may be on sale, but will not be marked as such.

BigDirty came up with this nice time saver. Respect his cheap ass skills.

1) Check this thread for games that have been reported on clearance.

2) Go to www.half.com, http://bits.com/ or similar website and search for the game to locate its UPC code number. Its in the grey box underneath the box art graphic.

3) Go to www.schworak.com/upc/ , www.milk.com/barcode/ , or www.upcdatabase.com and enter the code so you can print out the UPC.

4) Go to Target and use the price scanners to scan your printouts and search for cheap ass deals!

FYI: "When a game's price ends with 8 cents, further reduction is possible, when it ends in 4 cents, that's the ball game, pick it up cause it's not going any lower. If it ends in 9 cents, it's just on sale or on a non-clearance reduction." - BigDirty

When posting what you have found, please note the location that you found it at, example:

Philadelphia, PA
Snyder Plaza

Game Name, System, Price

(This edit from Big Dirty)

[quote name='MaxBiaggi3'][quote name='JibbaJabba']I bought a Lexmark P3150m about 2 1/2 weeks ago on clearence at $50(down from $100) and the damn things are now $25 :x .[/quote]

Buy a new one for $25, and return it using your $50 receipt. I believe you have up to a full month to return unopened items.[/quote]

they will only give you the clearance price back, not the original

Picked up I-Ninja (GCN) $7.48 at the Inglewood Ca Target. They had another copy but it's in the very bottom of the gamecube display case behind a bunch of games, so you'll have to ask someone to dig out the game.

Also saw Celebrity Deathmatch (XBOX) for $4.98 and they still have a bunch of SSX Tricky (GCN) for $4.98.

Anyone else confirm the $7.48 price for Hobbit (GCN) now? I have seen it at a bunch of Targets, and about a week ago it was still scanning for 20.98 everywhere.

RFoster-
The Target return policy as stated on the back of every slip of paper they give you states the following:

"Holiday and seasonal merchandise on clearance at time of return will be refunded at the current clearance price."

Most electronics can't be defined as holiday or seasonal. If you're not returning lawn furniture or Christmas lights or barbecue equipment they should take it back at the price you paid provided you have a receipt...

Yeah, they will give you back the price paid on clearance video games.

I returned Clock Tower 3 a few weeks ago when I bought it for $13.98 (and later saw it for $4.98 ) and they gave me the $13.98 back.

Never Winter Nights- 7.48 Orange County Target on Alicia. A few other copies. Some other PC games and test drive and LOTR's on clearance for 7.48 also.

[quote name='js1']I got desert storm 2 for xbox for $14.98 at the toledo,oh. monroe st.target.[/quote]

Wow...I am going to have to check that out....I have yet to see that game under $49.99 ANYWHERE as far as I can recall.

[quote name='msdmoney']
Anyone else confirm the $7.48 price for Hobbit (GCN) now? I have seen it at a bunch of Targets, and about a week ago it was still scanning for 20.98 everywhere.[/quote]

Yeah, I made a post on page 72 about finding it for that price at a local Target.

East Windsor NJ

Max Payne XBX 4.98
Amped XBX 4.98
Test Drive XBX 8.98
LOTR: Fellowship of the ring: 8.98
NCAA Final Four 2004 PS2: 7.48
I-Ninja GC: 7.48
Neverwinter Nights PC: 7.48

Princeton NJ

Prince of Persia PC 20.98

Picked up The Hobbit for Gamecube for $7.48 at the Culver City? Target on La Cienega.. At many of the Targets I have been to they don't even have this marked as clearance. I have still seen quite a few copies in the LA area lately.

Newington, CT Target
NFL Fever 2004 (XBox) for $7.48. Last copy, looked like a return.

Couldn't resist it considering it was cheap and now the only console football game I own. I got NFL2k3 and NCAA Football 2003 both for $5 or less at Target before on clearance, and then gave them to my friends. The game is decent but nothing compared to ESPN Football or Madden, so when I get the next ESPN or Madden for $5 I'll trade this off :p Baseball is currently the only game I buy new every year so these are deals for me.

Independence Mall Target Kingston MA

Dynasty Warriors 4 (XBOX) 7.48

I grabbed two, there are two left.

Brute Force (XB) and Return to Castle Wolfenstein (XB) were both $9.98 at the Nine Mile Target. Also, the e-Reader cards (classic NES ones) are $0.14 cents each.

Tallahassee Target,

The Hobbit (GCN) and .hack part 3 both rang up at $4.98. They were both $7.48 on Monday... What day does Target drop clearance prices?

as a side note,... I have been a CAG user for about 4 months now, and I must say, I have definitely acquired a taste for watching clerks as the "owned" look falls over thier faces when I leave with two games for under ten bucks...

Charlotte, NC (South Blvd.)

Max Payne (20 or so copies) - $4.96
Amped (1 copy) - $5.96
Test Drive (Xbox, 5 copies ) - $5.96

Star Wars Galaxies (return, 1 copy) - $12.9x

They also had a ton of different audio/video cables on clearance.

[quote name='The_Continental']Tallahassee Target,

The Hobbit (GCN) and .hack part 3 both rang up at $4.98. They were both $7.48 on Monday... What day does Target drop clearance prices?

as a side note,... I have been a CAG user for about 4 months now, and I must say, I have definitely acquired a taste for watching clerks as the "owned" look falls over thier faces when I leave with two games for under ten bucks...[/quote]

I could be wrong, but I think most Targets drop the prices early in the week. It seems like Monday is usually the day when the prices drop, but as I said, I may be wrong.

Well, I know that Targets are supposed to reset their whole electronics departments, so various games and other electronics (cd/mp3 players, TV's, etc.) are gunna get dumped for the new displays. Today alone I saw Brute Force, Celebrity Deathmatch, World Series Baseball, Conflict: Desert Storm II (all Xbox), Dynasty Tactics and NFL Gameday 2004 (PS2) for anywhere from $5-20. It's an excellent time to grab stuff, and I'm fairly confident that they will do this again sometime in summer to make way for the summer stock of new (alledged) blockbusters.

yeah...just wanted to confirm Conflict Desert Storm 2 for XBOX...the price on the tag was $29.99 (in glass case)..I knew better...had them scan it...only $14.98...not too shabby for a 4-player coop game that is $49.99 everywhere else.
SO I picked it up, as well as a replacement for my recently traded (in the 4 games for Ninja Gaiden EB swap) Max Payne for Xbox...$4.98

Got both at Ridgedale Target in MN.

I went back to Target today after work and picked up the last two copies of .hack 3 for CAGers who have been asking for it.

I also got rugby 2004 (PS2), also 5 bucks...has that already been mentioned here?

Aaaarrrggghhhhh.....

The Target at Dearborn and Dearborn Heights (MI) don't have any clearance items. ... You guys are sooo lucky...

Thanks CAG! Got Silent Hill 3 for $7.48!

Racine, WI a few left . . . The game is in the case with a $29.99 label . . . I love the stunned look on a clerk's face when they scan a "secret" discount (after they saw the full price).

Also, I picked some nice Panasonic DVD-RAM discs . . . 5 pack for $12.48 (half off) . . . I was about to pay more.

A great time to buy cables as well.

Three days ago at the Wilmington, DE Target (for the first time in ages this store actually had clearance games):

SSX Tricky (GC) - $2.48 (probably none left)
Test Drive 6 (XB) - $8.98 (4 left)
LOTR: FOTR (XB) - $8.98 (4 left)

Tonight at the Dover, DE Target:

Max Payne (XB) - $4.98 (3 left)
Brute Force (XB) - $13.98 (3 left)
LOTR: FOTR (XB) - $11.88 (1 left)

Yeah, I'm not even going to touch it until it gets under that $5 mark and even then I'd be hesitant. I'ld probably get it to use when EB runs one of those "Trade in 4 games, get 1 free" deals.

LOTR was $8.48 yesterday. Today I noticed the clearence stickers have been removed so I go and scan one .....$16.99. WTF?
Did get a Brute Force for $9.99 though.

Because im such a lotr fan I bought this when it was 50 bucks! I know i know Somebody shoot me! This is one of the worst games i have ever played! Its REAL bad. It breaks off into side quest galor which is ok in its own but it dosn't even follow the book! Get to the end and you'll see what I mean. Yes i actually played it all the way through! Don't know why acttually.

[quote name='Mr_hockey66']Trust me the lotr fotr is not worth 5 bucks! Trust me! RENT IT don't buy it.[/quote]
renting is 5 bucks..

[quote name='Mr_hockey66']Trust me the lotr fotr is not worth 5 bucks! Trust me! RENT IT don't buy it.[/quote]

Not to be mean or anything, but that has to be the dumbest thing I've ever seen. Why would you go waste $5.00 to rent a game you can just buy for $5.00 and own. If he hates it that much, then he can sell it or trade it in and get his $5.00 back and then some.

[quote name='scsg75'][quote name='Mr_hockey66']Trust me the lotr fotr is not worth 5 bucks! Trust me! RENT IT don't buy it.[/quote]

Not to be mean or anything, but that has to be the dumbest thing I've ever seen. Why would you go waste $5.00 to rent a game you can just buy for $5.00 and own. If he hates it that much, then he can sell it or trade it in and get his $5.00 back and then some.[/quote]

lol, that is pretty funny :lol:

Because trust me you don't wanna have this in your collection. Would you leave crap lying around your house? Nope your going wanna get rid of this one fast cause it stinks! And that my point its not even worth the rental fee.

Got Rugby 2004 today. Many copies, many different sticker prices, but the real price is a whopping $4.98.

I know fark-all about rugby but for that price why not.

Not game related, but Target has put on clearance a Lexmark Z705 USB Inkjet Printer / Vivitar Vivicam 2.0 Megapixel Digital Camera w/ 16MB storage Combo package. Wal-Mart had this priced at $150, marked down to about $130. Target has them on clearance for $50. At least, the two near me in Columbia, SC did... Seeing as how I needed both a digital camera and a printer, I couldn't be happer shelling out $25 for each.

-Hoshi

[quote name='hoshi']Not game related, but Target has put on clearance a Lexmark Z705 USB Inkjet Printer / Vivitar Vivicam 2.0 Megapixel Digital Camera w/ 16MB storage Combo package. Wal-Mart had this priced at $150, marked down to about $130. Target has them on clearance for $50. At least, the two near me in Columbia, SC did... Seeing as how I needed both a digital camera and a printer, I couldn't be happer shelling out $25 for each.

-Hoshi[/quote]

wow, that's a sweet price hoshi. nothing great on clearance at my target except test drive (xbox) for $11.98 which isn't that great of a deal at all :lol:

[quote name='doraemonkerpal'][quote name='hoshi']Not game related, but Target has put on clearance a Lexmark Z705 USB Inkjet Printer / Vivitar Vivicam 2.0 Megapixel Digital Camera w/ 16MB storage Combo package. Wal-Mart had this priced at $150, marked down to about $130. Target has them on clearance for $50. At least, the two near me in Columbia, SC did... Seeing as how I needed both a digital camera and a printer, I couldn't be happer shelling out $25 for each.

-Hoshi[/quote]

wow, that's a sweet price hoshi. nothing great on clearance at my target except test drive (xbox) for $11.98 which isn't that great of a deal at all :lol:[/quote]
Thats the kind of crap I find at my target, although a fellow CAG in WI has told me about some deals at another target. Roadtrip!!!

This is an interersting one...beneath all the clearence racks at Target I found a selection of GOOD PS1 Games!

Commack NY,
Ehrgeiz-4.98
Digimon World 2-4.98
Suikoden II-Rang up 0.00 but I didn't want to waste the time at the counter, They'd probably charge me $5 or something anyway.
Final Fantasy Origins-9.98

...just kidding about the Suikoden II thing ;-)

midland, texas

PS2
Dark Cloud 2 - 7.48
Gamecube
Wallace and Gromit in Project Zoo - 7.48

I tried to find other stuff, bu they were $20
such as
Sonic Mega Collection
Namco arcade hits or something, gonna check again later on

Looks like NWN dropped again. $6.58 at the Target in Wilmington, DE.

Also, they had the Icewind Dale COllection for $20.xx. Still expensive but not bad considereing you get Icewind Dale, Heart of Winter Expansion, and IWD2 for $20. That's about their going rate online sans expansion pack.

nice joke.....

man i remember when i bought suikoden 2 for my friend's birthday for 30 bucks at target. i should've bought the whole rack... if i had only known....

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back