The Terminator Anthology Blu-ray Digipack (Best Buy Exclusive)

iNCREDiPiNOY

CAGiversary!
Feedback
216 (100%)
The Terminator Anthology Blu-ray Digipack (Best Buy Exclusive)

original.x-png

In August, Warner Home Entertainment will bring The Terminator Anthology to Blu-ray. This box set bundles together the first four films from the Terminator sci-fi-action franchise that Academy Award-winning director James Cameron (Titanic) created in 1984, films that include:

The Terminator (1984)
Terminator 2: Judgment Day (1991)
Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines (2003)
Terminator Salvation (2009)

The five-disc package offers seven cuts of the Terminator features, all in 1080p - the theatrical editions of the four pictures, plus two additional Terminator 2: Judgment Day edits and the R-rated director's cut of Terminator Salvation.

By the sound of all of these details it looks like they are the same disc's currently available on Blu-ray, simply repackaged. More packaging details to come. Cost is currently unknow.

Genres: Science Fiction, Action, Adventure, Thriller, Horror

Starring: Arnold Schwarzenegger, Linda Hamilton, Edward Furlong, Christian Bale, Sam Worthington
Director: James Cameron, McG

Plot Synopsis: See the complete world as created by Academy Award-winning director James Cameron with the complete and definitive collection of all four films on Blu-ray. Never before has there been a collection of all 4 ground-breaking films plus the bonus content. Special Features: The Terminator: A Retrospective “Other Voices” Documentary with James Cameron interviews Deleted Scenes with James Cameron All 3 version of T2 in 1080p THX - Theatrical, Extended and Special Editions T2 Audio commentary with James Cameron and writer William Wisher T2 Cast & Crew audio commentary Deleted Scenes/ Outtakes Over 8 hours of interactive special features: behind-the-scenes video and multimedia galleries, storyboard-script mode, quizzes and games Terminator: Rise of the Machines 3 Audio Commentaries Terminator Salvation mythology timelines Terminator Salvation “Re-Forging the Future” documentary.

More info:
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/7495...anthology.html

Price: TBA
Date: 8/28/12
Link: TBA

[quote name='rodieremix']Nice looking set but I refuse to acknowledge Terminator 3 (salvation definitely wasn't anything to write home about either).[/QUOTE]

Except that scene through the city with the crane destroying everything. That was pretty cool.

whaaaaaaaaaaaaa?????

You know I remembered talking about why the hell don't they package all the terminator movies in 1 box set and was reading because something about the rights to each movie is with different studios and so on and the terminator franchise was a big mess. Guess they sorted that out in terms of the home video releases. The case looks cool but unless there is something really knew for each movie, I will pass.

I find it odd that they would put this out now when there's going to be 2 more movies. I personally like all of them but the second is my favorite.

[quote name='sassylaurie']Except that scene through the city with the crane destroying everything. That was pretty cool.[/QUOTE]

Terminator 3 is pretty much worth owning if you have a kickass surround sound system.

the t2 transfer that is out now is garbage. can't believe they are just repackaging everything. kind of a disgusting money grab.

[quote name='Scorch']An anthology DIGIPACK?!?! Lol, no thanks![/QUOTE]
does digipack always mean that the disc is packaged in a fold-out cardboard box/book? or is there also the regular blu-ray case sometimes?

[quote name='The Lord of Awesome']Terminator 3 is pretty much worth owning if you have a kickass surround sound system.[/QUOTE]

An odd thing to say considering Terminator 3 is the only one of the four that doesn't have HD sound.

[quote name='PenguinMaster']An odd thing to say considering Terminator 3 is the only one of the four that doesn't have HD sound.[/QUOTE]

I was referring to the movie itself and not the blu ray transfer

Unless The Terminator or Terminator 2 has extras that the current BluRays do not I'm sitting out on this one. Couldn't care less about Rise of the Machines and Salvation. The woman from Painkiller Jain and Moon Bloodgood are the only reason to watch the last two.

i don't know why everyone hates 3. sure it wasn't good as 1 or 2, but i think it flowed pretty well and with some nostalgia in it. my friend hates it too and says it wasn't as serious like with the stripper glasses part, talk to the hand, etc. if i had to rate the movies from best to worst it would be 2, 1, 3, and 4. I hated 4, it sucked so bad and didn't even seem to follow the continuity of the first three. 4 might as well have been a direct to tv/dvd movie like the tv show. to me, the only thing 4 had in connection with the franchise was the name just like the blade tv shows.

there's really no story in these terminator movies since we all know the basis is that skynet is trying to kill john conner by sending a terminator back in time. what can they do to make it better? is it the special effects and fight scenes why everyone hates 3?

[quote name='The Lord of Awesome']Terminator 3 is pretty much worth owning if you have a kickass surround sound system.[/QUOTE]Salvation is another one to use as good demo material for a surround system as well.

The ending of 3 was awesome.

I would be interested in this is it were new transfers, HD sound on part 3, etc.

Just the current discs in a set? Have to pass.

Son of a... It's like best buy just wants to see me go broke.

Between this and the dozen other BR's releasing this month and next including the avengers briefcase set i am gonna have to put a lock on my wallet.

[quote name='DestroVega']The ending of 3 was awesome.

I would be interested in this is it were new transfers, HD sound on part 3, etc.

Just the current discs in a set? Have to pass.[/QUOTE]

Agree, with all of this. I loved 3, and thought the ending made the movie. They did what had to be done.

If I rated them, it would be 2-3-4-1.

I would rate them 2,1,3,4

2 is an all-time great

1 is also great, but the special effects haven't held up over time

3 is entertaining and is criticized a bit harshly in my opinion

4 was just sort of dull. Not terrible, but not great.

[quote name='Pureshooter']I would rate them 2,1,3,4

2 is an all-time great

4 was just sort of dull. Not terrible, but not great.[/QUOTE]

Couldn't agree with you more!!

[quote name='frpilot']there's really no story in these terminator movies since we all know the basis is that skynet is trying to kill john conner by sending a terminator back in time. what can they do to make it better? is it the special effects and fight scenes why everyone hates 3?[/QUOTE]

T3 got rid of all the intricacies of time travel and A.I. that were present in T2. It also contradicted many of the plot points of T2 and Kristanna Loken was terrible as a cyborg. It's obvious that the writer and director of T3 just saw T2 as an action movie and they didn't take the franchise seriously at all.

I personally think that The Sarah Connor Chronicles (the TV show) is the best part of the franchise. It delves much deeper into time travel and especially A.I that was discussed in T2. Anyone that considers themselves a fan of the franchise really should check it out.

Terminator Salvation took the series in a completely different direction and while it isn't as good as T2 or TSCC, I still thought it was great. If you don't connect it to the other movies, you'll enjoy it more.

Overall ranking: TSCC, T2, TS, T1... T3.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='PenguinMaster']

Terminator Salvation took the series in a completely different direction and while it isn't as good as T2 or TSCC, I still thought it was great. If you don't connect it to the other movies, you'll enjoy it more.

Overall rankking: TSCC, T2, TS, T1... T3.[/QUOTE]
OK that is just nuts. Your Sarah Chronicles arguments are great but ranking Salvation as anything but last place is heresy :)

[quote name='Pureshooter']I would rate them 2,1,3,4

2 is an all-time great

4 was just sort of dull. Not terrible, but not great.[/QUOTE]
Close, but no cigar :)

1>2>3>4

1 is the all-time great imho
2 was a great summer blockbuster but doesn't hold u[ as a masterpiece
3 yup what u said
4 really terrible, actually

[quote name='frpilot']i don't know why everyone hates 3. sure it wasn't good as 1 or 2, but i think it flowed pretty well and with some nostalgia in it. my friend hates it too and says it wasn't as serious like with the stripper glasses part, talk to the hand, etc. if i had to rate the movies from best to worst it would be 2, 1, 3, and 4. I hated 4, it sucked so bad and didn't even seem to follow the continuity of the first three. 4 might as well have been a direct to tv/dvd movie like the tv show. to me, the only thing 4 had in connection with the franchise was the name just like the blade tv shows.

there's really no story in these terminator movies since we all know the basis is that skynet is trying to kill john conner by sending a terminator back in time. what can they do to make it better? is it the special effects and fight scenes why everyone hates 3?[/QUOTE]

The problem with T3 is that it was the long awaited sequel to T2 and the return to Arnie to the big screen, and just didn't live up to the hype. It was a time where it had the opportunity to make as big of a big screen impact as T2 since it was quite a few years later, but just missed the mark. It's not a bad movie, but just not what most of us were hoping for.

And there is really no story to any of the Terminator movies since we learn in T2 that Skynet was created based on the processor from the end of T1, which led to the events in T2 - so therefore it could not have actually been created. Wrap your mind around that for a while. It's actually like Inception or Total Recall that way.

T2>T1>T3>T4 - TSCC is an apple to oranges comparison.

I hated Terminator 3 when I saw it in the theater, but I've caught it on TV a few times since and I like it more every time. The lead actor (Nick Stahl) is absolutely terrible and the parts where he has to emote against Claire Danes are just embarrassing since she's approximately 400 times better of an actor and he just looks so pathetic, but other than his miserable performance it's quite an entertaining movie. It's not anywhere close to as serious as the first two or anything, but I think most of Arnold's lines are actually pretty funny and most of the big action scenes are good times. It's definitely much more rewatchable than the ponderous T4.

T4 is lame and boring, but at least it's better than the transformers movies? It has some striking imagery in a couple parts and the brief scene with the CGI Arnold was a riot.

So, yeah. I'm assuming this T1 disc is the same shitty one that's been available for years now? That is one of the movies most in need of a remaster.

[quote name='sassylaurie']The problem with T3 is that it was the long awaited sequel to T2 and the return to Arnie to the big screen, and just didn't live up to the hype. It was a time where it had the opportunity to make as big of a big screen impact as T2 since it was quite a few years later, but just missed the mark. It's not a bad movie, but just not what most of us were hoping for.

And there is really no story to any of the Terminator movies since we learn in T2 that Skynet was created based on the processor from the end of T1, which led to the events in T2 - so therefore it could not have actually been created. Wrap your mind around that for a while. It's actually like Inception or Total Recall that way.

T2>T1>T3>T4 - TSCC is an apple to oranges comparison.[/QUOTE]
IMO,with no James Cameron,T3 or 4 just couldnt compare with 1 and 2.

T2 was a milestone for CGI and a big movie at the time of its release -- frankly I think it's the one film in the series that hasn't held up. It's overlong, I get sick of Linda Hamilton's speeches (her whole persona is grating in the film), and while it's more of an "action B-movie", T3 cuts out the flab of T2 and spins a pretty decent story in its own right (Claire Danes is good in the film; Loken is eye candy and was fine, etc.). I mean, T2 even ends with a "driving down the ambiguous road of life" ending (after they axed the original conclusion with an old-age Hamilton watching her grandkids) that was pretty lame.

None of them are in a class with the first film IMO -- but I like the entire series for different reasons. Even Salvation had some interesting elements, especially the '84 Arnold, which was really cool. :)

Hopefully the new sequel whenever it gets produced will be worth the wait.

I personally love T2 and think it's one of the best movies of all time. The Skynet edition I got a few years ago on Amazon for $10 just looks freakin' amazing on Blu, and I'm sure it's the version that's in this pack.

T1 I think is great, and has its moments, but the grainy picture during a lot of the scenes make it look terrible for the majority of the movie. It's hard to watch, but it's still a great movie. It could be worse for sure. T3 I barely remember, it's been years since I last seen it but I didn't think it was terrible. It was decent at best.

TS or T4 to some of you, looked great on the big screen. I just watched T1 & T2 before seeing it and I felt watching them both again before seeing that really made the movie a lot better for me compared to a lot of guys just being there for Terminators blowing crap up and seeing explosions, etc. The movie itself had some pretty cool scenes, but it was still "OK" imo.

I've never seen the Sarah Connor Chronicles but I'm really tempted now thanks to one of the guys here really praising it. I'll probably check it out before I start university in a few weeks.

[quote name='Jodou']Too bad 3 of the 4 sucked. :\[/QUOTE]

Which one didn't you like Terminator 1 or Terminator 2? I assume you along with "everyone" else dislikes T3 and Salvation.

Terminator 3 is my least favorite, Salvation was okay and really did seem to want to put the franchise in another direction then just repeat the same movie over and over.

Though I think terminator 3 has it moments as well it's just the least fleshed out one with a ending of "Yeah, terminators will always exists."

[quote name='SanjiX']

I've never seen the Sarah Connor Chronicles but I'm really tempted now thanks to one of the guys here really praising it. I'll probably check it out before I start university in a few weeks.[/QUOTE]

it's kinda slow at first but it's easily what i would of expected after the ending of T2 if they were going to keep making terminator. The season 2 ending/series finale had one of the best cliffhangers I ever seen in a show. A lot happened in that episode unlike many shows that never progress in plot until the final 3-4 mins. Such as burn notice, or NCIS.

FINALLY! I have not bought ANY terminator movies on DVD or otherwise for this very reason. I knew if I did theyd make a set. SO they finally did! so I guess I will get it! although they said salvation was supposed to be the start of a new trilogy since, you know, we dont see john connor send kyle reese back in time yet. So maybe I can wait 5-10 more years since ive seen terminator 1 and 2 so many times. we shall see if this hits a low low price come black friday time.

bread's done
Back