The Texas budget is in big trouble. Any thoughts from conservatives?

Sounds like Texas' so called surplus is like chopping your leg off and saying you lost weight while simultaneously hoarding canned food laden with high sodium values. You're not healthy now, and the excess sodium sure won't help you in the future.

Bloomberg attributes much of the gain to taxes on increased oil production.
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-01-07/texas-starts-budget-debate-flush-with-energy-boom-cash.html

They do have a lower than average 6.8% unemployment rate, though. I'd like to see what most of those jobs are.

[quote name='UncleBob']Clak - I'm on my mobile, so I'll have to ask you to do the research - did Texas actually raise their state sales tax in order to get that increase in funds?[/QUOTE]

Well, Clak didn't volunteer to do the research...

http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/mpszr

As of 1995 no further increases had been made.

So, the State of Texas managed to increase their sales tax revenue without actually raising the tax rate. That's interesting.

And for the oil production comment... yup. It's a shame that there wasn't a some kind of movement within the Federal Government to increase oil production on a larger scale. Would have been helpful if more than just Texas had gotten to enjoy those increased revenues from oil production.

[quote name='Clak']If I remember right, many are state jobs, go figure.[/QUOTE]
California - 2.3 million state jobs, Texas - 1.7 million. CA 9.8% unemployment, Texas 6.2% etc.

Texas is a big fuck you to Liberalism. No tourism money, no Hollywood money and they just kick everyone's ass.

Texas Named Top US State for Business 2012
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/texas-named-america’s-top-state-for-business-2012.html

Texas unemployment rate of 6.2% is lowest in four years
http://www.dallasnews.com/business/...yment-rate-of-6.2-is-lowest-in-four-years.ece

[quote name='cfootball1']California - 2.3 million state jobs, Texas - 1.7 million. CA 9.8% unemployment, Texas 6.2% etc.

Texas is a big fuck you to Liberalism. No tourism money, no Hollywood money and they just kick everyone's ass.

Texas Named Top US State for Business 2012
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/texas-named-america’s-top-state-for-business-2012.html

Texas unemployment rate of 6.2% is lowest in four years
http://www.dallasnews.com/business/...yment-rate-of-6.2-is-lowest-in-four-years.ece[/QUOTE]
Hey guy. If you could clear up a few things for me real quick, since you seem to really understand Texas and I don't sometimes!

Which Texas policy enacted in the last lege session do you think most contributed to the lowering of the deficit over the last two years?
Why didn't Texas housing prices go up and then crater like others states?
Houston has the lowest unemployment rate of any major city in the US yet is run by a gay liberal woman who just won reelection. Is it her policy or Perry's that has Houston doing so well? Which specific ones?
How much of Texas's success is due to oil?

Thanks in advance. Everyone else knows so much about Texas. I like to learn!

Last edited by a moderator:
Not at all surprised that no one took me up on the offer to provide some information on Illinois' budget woes.

A bit outdated, but a good read:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/06/22/illinois-budget-deficit-w_n_1618469.html

Of course, it's from that Libertarian blog that's a bastion of Libertarian BS that is the Huffington Post and all...

Another article from those Libertarian SOBs at HuffPo...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/08/rick-perry_n_2435020.html

State lawmakers will write a two-year budget during the session that continues through May 27. Combs projected a 12.4 percent rise in revenue, $101.4 billion for the 2014-2015 budget cycle, because of higher-than-expected tax collections boosted by economic growth.

You mean that if you work towards growing the economy, you can increase tax revenue without having to increase tax rates?

Wowza. Consider my mind blown.

This could be an interesting topic to revisit in another two years. Someone set a calendar.

[quote name='speedracer']Hey guy. If you could clear up a few things for me real quick, since you seem to really understand Texas and I don't sometimes!

Which Texas policy enacted in the last lege session do you think most contributed to the lowering of the deficit over the last two years?
Why didn't Texas housing prices go up and then crater like others states?
Houston has the lowest unemployment rate of any major city in the US yet is run by a gay liberal woman who just won reelection. Is it her policy or Perry's that has Houston doing so well? Which specific ones?
How much of Texas's success is due to oil?

Thanks in advance. Everyone else knows so much about Texas. I like to learn![/QUOTE]

The fiscally conservative policy's that grew the economy and got people working again. The fiscally conservative policy's and low regulations that are friendly to business and attracted Caterpillar, Toyota and Facebook to Texas. The oil is more or less of a side note.

And of course Texas is the number one state in getting investors. But oh noes! I thought the 1% kills grandma's!

I tried contacting the Liberal Business Owners of America for input, but it didn't exist.

[quote name='UncleBob']Another article from those Libertarian SOBs at HuffPo...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/08/rick-perry_n_2435020.html

You mean that if you work towards growing the economy, you can increase tax revenue without having to increase tax rates?

Wowza. Consider my mind blown.

This could be an interesting topic to revisit in another two years. Someone set a calendar.[/QUOTE]
What are the policies they enacted that "work[ed] towards growing the economy"?

Also, from your link:
House Speaker Joe Straus, a Republican who won the support of his colleagues on Tuesday to continue in that role, called on the legislature to address the state's water challenges, including a historic drought that he said has caused $8 billion in losses to agriculture alone.
Ah, yes. One of Texas's biggest welfare queens: "farmers". They designate their land as agriculture (whether it's being used for ag or not, nobody checks!*) which means they pay almost zero property taxes (the primary method of taxation since we have no income tax), they use ag sales tax exemptions so aggressively that Republicans are adding bureaucracy to end illegal tax dodges** (What are you looking at? I own an acre of land on the edge of town! That's why I don't have to pay sales tax on my F1million mega yacht truck!), and then on top of it all, we get to spend all money there because education is pork but handing it to "farmers" for "tree farms" isn't pork. Hold on guys, imma buy a longhorn and a horsey. Problem solved! I'm an ag now!

"Growing the economy". I call it what it is. Pork for their buddies.

*lulz straight from the lulz cow's mouth: WAAAAAH I CANT GET AN EQUITY LOAN ON AG LAND THAT I DONT USE FOR AG LAND BECAUSE THE BANK THINKS IM A TAX DODGER OH WAIT I AM A TAX DODGER LOLLERSKATES. Seriously, this thread is the perfection of the corruption of the "farmer" horseshit we put up with in Texas. Questions about whether it's a tax cheat ag exemption, whether it's wise to split the parcel when it means your parcel wouldn't be covered by homestead bankruptcy protection (in and of itself a massive racket), multiple suggestions to do the cost benefit analysis on tax cheating vs. expected returns on a home sale, a bible verse or two, and "tree farms". lol. Hurry politicians! Give these people all the money for water for their $600k properties (yea, that's in the actual thread)!

**http://txagtalks.texasfarmbureau.org/texas-sales-tax-exemption-5-things-farmersranchers-should-know/

Please god more help for poor farmers they're job creators after all!
“You can go out and cut some brush, put out some feed and count the deer once a year and qualify,” a tax appraiser from Travis County in Texas told the Austin American-Statesman.

vacations-retreats-18.jpg

Bush was cleared for another agricultural tax exemption a few years later on his new 1,582-acre ranch in Crawford, Texas, which reduced its taxable value from $2.1 million to $950,000, according to an AP investigation. In 2003, the tax break saved Bush $23,679 in property taxes.
sigh

Please tell me all about Texas's miracle and how we got here Bob. You do seem to know all about it.

[quote name='cfootball1'] No tourism money, no Hollywood money[/QUOTE]

Are you sure about this? This sounds highly suspect to me given the amount of movies that get filmed in Texas.

No tourism money is also suspect.

Just looking for clarification.

[quote name='Strell']Are you sure about this? This sounds highly suspect to me given the amount of movies that get filmed in Texas.

No tourism money is also suspect.

Just looking for clarification.[/QUOTE]

California
Economic Impact of the Industry
The motion picture and television industry is responsible for 191,146 direct jobs and $17.0 billion in wages in California, including both production and distribution-related jobs. Over 129,000 of the jobs are production-related.

Movie & TV Production Spotlight
2011: During the course of 2011, 284 movies and 276 TV series filmed in the state. Movies include The Avengers, Argo, Brave, Cinderbiter, Despicable Me 2, Gangster Squad, and Safe House. TV series include The Big Bang Theory, Rizzoli & Isles, Community, The Ellen DeGeneres Show, Mad Men, Happy Endings, and Law & Order: Los Angeles.
2010: During the course of 2010, 291 movies and 266 TV series filmed in the state. Movies include The Amazing Spider-Man, Battleship, Drive, Bridesmaids, Captain America: The First Avenger, Cars 2, Contagion, and X-Men: First Class. TV series include NCIS: Los Angeles, Criminal Minds, How I Met Your Mother, CSI, Terriers, Raising Hope, and Star Wars: The Clone Wars.
Production Incentive:
Legislation signed in 2009 created tax credits for film and television productions. Qualified taxpayers are allowed a 20% or 25% credit against income and/or sales and use taxes, based on qualified expenditures, for taxable years beginning on or after January 1, 2011.

Texas
Economic Impact of the Industry
The motion picture and television industry is responsible for 39,140 direct jobs and $1.5 billion in wages in Texas, including both production and distribution-related jobs. Nearly 7,400 of the jobs are production-related.

Movie & TV Production Spotlight
2011: During the course of 2011, 16 movies and 15 TV series filmed in the state. Movies include Abel's Field, The Ghost of Goodnight Lane, Chasing Shakespeare, Phobia, Sweetwater, Mission Park, and Deep in the Heart. TV series include Friday Night Lights, Chase, Top Chef: Texas, American Trucker, Animal Cops: Houston, Big Rich Texas, and Donna Decorates Dallas.
2010: During the course of 2010, 38 movies and 17 TV series filmed in the state. Movies include True Grit, Battleship, Judy Moody and the Not Bummer Summer, Spy Kids 4: All the Time in the World, Transformers: Dark of the Moon, Monte Carlo, and My Sucky Teen Romance. TV series include Lone Star, Friday Night Lights, The Deep End, Animal Cops: Houston, Chase, My Generation, and Football Wives.
Production Incentive:
The Texas Moving Image Industry Incentive Program offers qualifying feature films, television programs, commercials, video games, and stand-alone post-production/finishing projects the opportunity to receive a rebate payment of 5%-17.5% of eligible Texas spending upon completion of a review of their Texas expenditures. There is a per film cap of $2 million.
http://www.mpaa.org/policy/state-by-state

For tourism
1. California- 6,364,000 visitors
8. Texas- 1,169,000 visitors
http://www.statisticbrain.com/tourism-statistics/

The implication that "no taxes for tourism" and "no taxes from Hollywood" equates to "Texas doesn't get any money at ALL from either of those industries" is ridiculous.

I can't believe they even get a million tourists. Still, nothing compared to Cali on both counts and they don't even need it.

Not to mention the climate which attracts the highest earners in the nation to live there and they still can't compete with Texas.

Since Texas is so expansive, about half of its tourism income is generated by its own residents.

[quote name='speedracer']What are the policies they enacted that "work[ed] towards growing the economy"?

Also, from your link:

Ah, yes. One of Texas's biggest welfare queens: "farmers". They designate their land as agriculture (whether it's being used for ag or not, nobody checks!*) which means they pay almost zero property taxes (the primary method of taxation since we have no income tax), they use ag sales tax exemptions so aggressively that Republicans are adding bureaucracy to end illegal tax dodges** (What are you looking at? I own an acre of land on the edge of town! That's why I don't have to pay sales tax on my F1million mega yacht truck!), and then on top of it all, we get to spend all money there because education is pork but handing it to "farmers" for "tree farms" isn't pork. Hold on guys, imma buy a longhorn and a horsey. Problem solved! I'm an ag now!

"Growing the economy". I call it what it is. Pork for their buddies.

*lulz straight from the lulz cow's mouth: WAAAAAH I CANT GET AN EQUITY LOAN ON AG LAND THAT I DONT USE FOR AG LAND BECAUSE THE BANK THINKS IM A TAX DODGER OH WAIT I AM A TAX DODGER LOLLERSKATES. Seriously, this thread is the perfection of the corruption of the "farmer" horseshit we put up with in Texas. Questions about whether it's a tax cheat ag exemption, whether it's wise to split the parcel when it means your parcel wouldn't be covered by homestead bankruptcy protection (in and of itself a massive racket), multiple suggestions to do the cost benefit analysis on tax cheating vs. expected returns on a home sale, a bible verse or two, and "tree farms". lol. Hurry politicians! Give these people all the money for water for their $600k properties (yea, that's in the actual thread)!

**http://txagtalks.texasfarmbureau.org/texas-sales-tax-exemption-5-things-farmersranchers-should-know/

Please god more help for poor farmers they're job creators after all!

vacations-retreats-18.jpg

sigh

Please tell me all about Texas's miracle and how we got here Bob. You do seem to know all about it.[/QUOTE]
Not being from Texas I had no idea about that exemption. Damn.

[quote name='Strell']Which doesn't answer my question, since the implication is that Texas gets zero dollars from tourism and Hollywood.[/QUOTE]

I doubt that. Every state get some portion of the money because every state has tourists or at least one movie filmed on their land. The difference is billions of dollars between Texas and California. Like the person above mentioned, California has so much going right for it but everything ends up being screwed because of the leadership.

Right. So let's stop talking about stupid shit that has nothing to do with Texas's budget, which was my entire point to begin with. It just happened to be a double whammy that said things - in this case - were complete fucking nonsense bullshit coming from bias.

[quote name='mrsilkunderwear']I doubt that. Every state get some portion of the money because every state has tourists or at least one movie filmed on their land. The difference is billions of dollars between Texas and California. Like the person above mentioned, California has so much going right for it but everything ends up being screwed because of the leadership.[/QUOTE]

This. Don't forget half the state is nuts.

49 billion dollar discrepancy is not complete fucking nonsense bullshit coming from bias. And Cali is still fucked up.

I think we are forgetting that larger point...Texas sucks. A shithole of epic proportions.

they have the good fortune of being on top of a lot of oil (third largest tax revenue source) and at they get a shit load of $$ from the feds too.

[quote name='cfootball1']The fiscally conservative policy's that grew the economy and got people working again.[/quote]
And those would be which exactly?

The fiscally conservative policy's and low regulations that are friendly to business and attracted Caterpillar, Toyota and Facebook to Texas.
Excellent point. If you could just add these couple of data points to each one, that'd really help us understand just what exactly got them to Texas. Cause we wanna keep em here!

1. How much taxpayer money, land, or tax breaks were offered to each company? Don't forget city/county!
2. How many jobs did each company bring with them when they came?
3. Did they actually move operations here, or did they just shift work from one plant to another?

Thanks in advance.

The oil is more or less of a side note.
I'm sorry. I must be misunderstanding something about that sentence. Oh wait a minute. You're talking about the actual sale of the actual oil itself aren't you?

You know how I can tell you're not from Texas (other than "we" prefer the term energy)?

Roughly 70% of all downtown square footage in Houston is either oil (natgas, etc.), oil services, or directly services oil and oil services. Yet Texas isn't pulling real amounts of oil out of the ground, which you point to in your comment. Now how on Earth do you think we get all them energy butts in those big towers downtown? Magic maybe?

The most powerful city in the entire state is built on oil income. Dallas is a distant second and the rest aren't even near Houston. Houston is a monster and it's mostly oil (scuse me, "energy").

This is why I don't answer questions about Illinois, Bob.

And of course Texas is the number one state in getting investors. But oh noes! I thought the 1% kills grandma's!
Are we talking about capital inflows as a percentage of something or the actual number of investors or what? I'm just curious.

[quote name='speedracer']And those would be which exactly?

Excellent point. If you could just add these couple of data points to each one, that'd really help us understand just what exactly got them to Texas. Cause we wanna keep em here!

1. How much taxpayer money, land, or tax breaks were offered to each company? Don't forget city/county!
2. How many jobs did each company bring with them when they came?
3. Did they actually move operations here, or did they just shift work from one plant to another?

Thanks in advance.

I'm sorry. I must be misunderstanding something about that sentence. Oh wait a minute. You're talking about the actual sale of the actual oil itself aren't you?

You know how I can tell you're not from Texas (other than "we" prefer the term energy)?

Roughly 70% of all downtown square footage in Houston is either oil (natgas, etc.), oil services, or directly services oil and oil services. Yet Texas isn't pulling real amounts of oil out of the ground, which you point to in your comment. Now how on Earth do you think we get all them energy butts in those big towers downtown? Magic maybe?

The most powerful city in the entire state is built on oil income. Dallas is a distant second and the rest aren't even near Houston. Houston is a monster and it's mostly oil (scuse me, "energy").

This is why I don't answer questions about Illinois, Bob.

Are we talking about capital inflows as a percentage of something or the actual number of investors or what? I'm just curious.[/QUOTE]

Overall low taxes, your small business tax exemptions also help. As well as very reasonable businesses regulations.

-

I read a letter from Perry, and it mentioned that bit.
They’ve made the Texas decision (FB, Toyota, Caterpillar) because in our state we keep our taxes low and our regulations reasonable, and we’ve reformed our judicial system to cut extensive, drawn-out court cases.

-

That's really what I was getting at, it's one city, not an awful lot in terms of the entire state's success. People wanna argue Oil is why their doing well but Cali has the entire entertainment industry, the richest people in the nation and their in the shitter. IDK just spit balling.

-

Don't know the specifics of that either, just said Texas has the most investors in the Yahoo piece. A good read by the way

[quote name='speedracer']
This is why I don't answer questions about Illinois, Bob.[/QUOTE]

Because Chicago isn't an oil town? Did you not know that two years ago when you where expressing excitement over the ability to compare the outcomes of their various plans to fix their budget problems?

As for the farm (or "farm") subsidies - I completely agree on cutting those. Deep.

But I'm not sure what you're trying to say about these subsidies. The state of Texas is giving away a ton of money to farmers (and "farmers") who don't need or deserve it... and they still managed an $8 Billion surplus? All without raising taxes? Sweet.

Now, let's get the corrupt politicians out of office and we can see about killing those subsidies and redirecting the funds elsewhere. All, still, without raising taxes.

[quote name='UncleBob']Because Chicago isn't an oil town? Did you not know that two years ago when you where expressing excitement over the ability to compare the outcomes of their various plans to fix their budget problems?[/quote]
I want you to tell me what the outcome is from an insider. It's really easy for someone to say Wow Texas! $8.8 bil surplus! You killed it! And on the surface, they'd be right.

Texas took $3 bil from the stimulus and put it towards education. Then they cut $3 bil from our own education budget. So to get back to even par, we have to add $3 bil to education. Just to stay exactly the same. The head of the Texas education legislative committee (a Republican, naturally) has said that $2 bil will be needed in addition to maintain current levels of spending given growth.

With zero liberal input, zero OMG MOAR EDUCATION SPENDING PLZ from those whining libs, we're already at +5 bil out of the $8.8bil. So our $8.8bil surplus is, really and truly and without liberal input of wants or needs of any kind in any form, $3.3 bil. A good, healthy number! No doubt about that.

Except our education spending is already among the lowest. But graduation rates are up in Texas! But they are in the rest of the country too..

This is a debate we're going to have to have. But the surplus is not $8.8 bil. It's a fake. $3.3 bil is killer, but not $8.8 killer. And then when you add that to the fact that we are dead last in healthcare delivery, you realize that money is going to need to be spent. A nontrivial amount of money. Just to get to a point where we aren't in the bottom 5% (and man, it's not like we're talking about a high bar here).

My point really is that everyone robbed someone during the crisis. Texas robbed education and health care mostly. We're going to need to pay that bill. I'm quite sure that CA robbed someone too. I wonder who, for how much, and how badly and how soon that money will need to be replaced. And Illinois too.

Tell me. I want to know.

The CA surplus has genuinely shocked me and I'm pretty sure it's shocked everyone. It makes me wonder if a rising tide is raising all boats. CA and TX took different paths and ended at (roughly) the same place. Why? How? Is overall macro growth cutting deficits, making keynesians correct? Or is it a sample thing, where we just happen to take 2 economic powerhouses doing well while most others aren't?
As for the farm (or "farm") subsidies - I completely agree on cutting those. Deep.
fo sho
But I'm not sure what you're trying to say about these subsidies. The state of Texas is giving away a ton of money to farmers (and "farmers") who don't need or deserve it... and they still managed an $8 Billion surplus? All without raising taxes? Sweet.
Totally. But it's $3.3b, and of course the first thing we talk about... is giving money to "farmers".
Now, let's get the corrupt politicians out of office and we can see about killing those subsidies and redirecting the funds elsewhere. All, still, without raising taxes.
You'll have to talk to the Republicans. I'm pretty marginalized here dude.

That's what people fail to think about when they read about budget surpluses, how did they get there? More often then not something had to be cut, so what was it? How much was it? How badly was that service needed? When you start cutting education spending, you're already in bad shape.

Too many people only pay attention to the numbers with no regard for where any of this shit came from.

[quote name='speedracer']Texas took $3 bil from the stimulus and put it towards education. Then they cut $3 bil from our own education budget.[/quote]

So, last week I was complaining about how I couldn't feed my kids because my $300 car payment was coming due. A friend said "Hey, I'll give you $300 for your car payment this month. Consider it my gift to you.".

Next week, I was complaining about how I couldn't feed my kids. My friend said "Didn't you get paid this week?" I replied, "Yeah, but I had to make my car payment too.". Friend says, "Didn't I give you $300 last week to pay that?" I responded, "Yeah, I put your $300 towards my car payment, but I still had to put my own $300 into the car payment. You giving me money for that purpose doesn't negate my own personal responsibility to make the payment."

Yeah, that makes absolutely no sense to me either. (*Note - this story didn't actually happen).

Except our education spending is already among the lowest.

I know this has come up before, but it's always fun to point out the double standard.

When we pay more than every other country in health care, the answer is to completely overhaul the entire system because it's too expensive.

When we pay less than anyone else in education, the answer is to spend more money because throwing money at it fixes everything.

Yeah, that makes absolutely no sense to me either.

My point really is that everyone robbed someone during the crisis. Texas robbed education and health care mostly. We're going to need to pay that bill. I'm quite sure that CA robbed someone too. I wonder who, for how much, and how badly and how soon that money will need to be replaced. And Illinois too.

At least Texas, and some extent, California have something to show for the "robbing" that they're doing. Something besides a giant red number, that is.

The CA surplus has genuinely shocked me and I'm pretty sure it's shocked everyone. It makes me wonder if a rising tide is raising all boats.
...doesn't explain Illinois. You know, the state that went for all the various tax measures to raise revenues.

CA and TX took different paths and ended at (roughly) the same place.

Well...

[quote name='speedracer']Now we have Texas who will only cut services, Illinois that only raised taxes, and California that did both.[/quote]

Now, I'm not going to go the extreme bat**** crazy route that some have gone on this forum and assume that when you said Texas only cut services that they didn't raise any taxes and when you said Illinois only raised taxes, they didn't cut any services... but, as you pointed out, Texas did one thing, Illinois did the complete opposite and California was in between...

[quote name='speedracer'][...]I'm still really interested to see how each comes out.[/QUOTE]

...and when the chips landed, Texas came out in front (budget wise), Illinois did the complete opposite and California was in between.

Yeah, that makes absolutely no sense to me either.

Totally. But it's $3.3b, and of course the first thing we talk about... is giving money to "farmers".

No, first we talked about increased sales tax revenue (that come without actually increasing the sales tax rate) and increased profits from oil (that could have been more widespread had more of the country went after the oil they're setting on). Then, you brought up the "farmers" situation.

You'll have to talk to the Republicans. I'm pretty marginalized here dude.
Well, I'm not in Texas, so I'm not sure Texas politicians would be inclined to listen to me... but I do know the Federal government likes to hand out free taxpayer money to farmers and "farmers" - in amounts that make even the entire Texas state budget cry. Maybe I should talk to those guys instead. They're all still Republicans, right?

[quote name='Clak']That's what people fail to think about when they read about budget surpluses, how did they get there? More often then not something had to be cut, so what was it? How much was it? How badly was that service needed? When you start cutting education spending, you're already in bad shape.

Too many people only pay attention to the numbers with no regard for where any of this shit came from.[/QUOTE]

Delaware wih oil money

Here is the thing..

Texas is filled with DUMB people, which is a symptom of their educational system

The dumber the population the easier it is to maintain control, if Texans have half-a-brain, Rick Perry would off been in prison right now, instead of being a dictatorial governor

Rick Perry might as well make himself dictator of Texas, how long has that reject been governor and continues to keep gettting re-elected? You call Chavez a elected dictator, obviously you don't know Texas

If you want rights and justice and fairness that is guaranteed under law, and morality DO NO LIVE in Texas...

Oh yea and Texas cops are know to rob minorities...

[quote name='Finger_Shocker']Here is the thing..

Texas is filled with DUMB people, which is a symptom of their educational system

The dumber the population the easier it is to maintain control, if Texans have half-a-brain, Rick Perry would off been in prison right now, instead of being a dictatorial governor

Rick Perry might as well make himself dictator of Texas, how long has that reject been governor and continues to keep gettting re-elected? You call Chavez a elected dictator, obviously you don't know Texas

If you want rights and justice and fairness that is guaranteed under law, and morality DO NO LIVE in Texas...

Oh yea and Texas cops are know to rob minorities...[/QUOTE]

Hhahahahahahah....I think all of your comments apply to the majority of the American population. After all, we got stuck with Obama for 4 more years.

[quote name='egofed']Hhahahahahahah....I think all of your comments apply to the majority of the American population. After all, we got stuck with Obama for 4 more years.[/QUOTE]
Or California with Jerry Brown and NYC with Bloomberg.

[quote name='Finger_Shocker']Here is the thing..

Texas is filled with DUMB people, which is a symptom of their educational system[/QUOTE]
I know you're trollin, but I haven't seen anything in Texas any worse than anything I saw in east Washington state, NC outside of the Triangle (cept for Asheville), etc. etc.

Having said that, Rick Perry is by orders of magnitude the worst governor I've ever had and I've lived in 8 states.

Texas is full of dumb people. Good thing we cut the education funding! Now we have a nice shiny new boner for republicans to hang their tiny fiscal conservative hats on.

Texas was stupid before they cut edu spending. At least they have jobs.

They're more like simpletons.

Can someone remind me what Pennsylvania or cfootball1's personal details have to do with the topic at hand?

Also, can someone remind me who it is that's always taking threads off topic?

The educational systems in both Texas and California will struggle with first and second generation immigrants with limited English skills. Parental involvement is key in academic success and this will naturally be stymied by parents with little, if any, English skills. When the vast majority of students are third and fourth generation, the statistics will likely improve.

The Sly part of PA, so Philadelphia.

[quote name='UncleBob']Can someone remind me what Pennsylvania or cfootball1's personal details have to do with the topic at hand?
[/QUOTE]
Nothing, nothing at all.

You know I always thought simpleton to mean someone who leads a simplistic lifestyle. Turns out, that was mean. Apologies.

[quote name='cfootball1']The Sly part of PA, so Philadelphia.

Nothing, nothing at all.[/QUOTE]

Philly, huh. Right. I'm voting Delaware County. There aren't many people who are both conservative *and* stupid in Philly until you get out of the city and close to Delaware.

What does it have to do with the topic? Well, if you know anything about this state, our history of elected officials and concentration of hillbilly white supremacist dumbfucks, us here in Pennsylvania aren't in a prime position to call another state full of simpletons.

They have Rick Perry running their state, sure. We elected Rick Santorum. We can't say *shit*.

bread's done
Back