The Toys R Us Clearance Thread: Itz now da Summa 2005

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gothic Walrus

CAGiversary!
Feedback
6 (100%)
With blessings from the big man himself...

The Toys R US clearance deals, much like the Target ones, are very YMMV. As a result of that - and the fact that the board is currently littered with TRU clearance sales - it's time to try something new.

The CAG Toys R Us Clearance Thread

The goal is to have this thread modeled after the current Target clearance thread (and its predecessor), so the basic rules are the same...

When posting what you have found, please note the location that you found it at, example:

Philadelphia, PA
Snyder Plaza

Game Name, System, Price

-----
This thread is for Clearance deals, not sale items or raincheck "scams"
Please Post City, State and Store (If City has many stores), game, system and price

Keep extraneous discussion to a minimum, as posts not pretating to clearance deals may be deleted by the mod crew.

-----
[quote name='shrike4242']If you hunt around through the forums and look for posts by tubtub and benboxer (our resident TRU folk), they've said that any TRU price ending in .98 can be a "variable" price, where one store has it for 5.98, while another has it for 7.98 and another for 3.98. The .98 is a "regional" price, for lack of a better term. Anything ending in .95 and .99 are chain-wide, from what I've seen from them.[/quote]

That should do it for the first post. Good luck, everyone!

Found at the Maplewood, MN TRU.

La Pucelle Tactics, PS2, $15.98
Tenchu: Return from Darkness, Xbox, $6.48
Sword of Mana, GBA, $9.48
Syphon Filter, PS1, $4.50
Crash Bandicoot: Warped, PS1, $4.50
Mega Man 8, PS1, $4.50

Found at the Woodbury, MN TRU.

Chaos Legion, PS2, $7.48
PSOne / LCD Screen Combo - $49.98

These have been over the last couple weeks. Might check out Roseville, MN TRU tomorrow.

Northeast Philadelphia, PA Cottman ave TRU

Arc the Lad: Twilight of the Spirits- 9.98
Sphinx and the Cursed Mummy- 8.98
Chaos Legion- 9.98
Castlevania- 9.98

Went back to TRU again and got some more great pickups!

Hitman 2 (PS2) $5.98 (after regular markdown)
Parappatherappa 2 (PS2) $2.99 (after green tag)
Drake (Xbox) $3.48 (after regular markdown)
Mad Maestro! (PS2) $3.00 (after green tag)
Maximum Chase (Xbox) $5.48 (regular markdown)
Primal (PS2) $4.49 (after green tag)
Motor Trend Lotus Challenge (Xbox) $7.49 (after green tag)

Every day I go there they got something good to pickup for trade-ins, to PM at BB or CC, or to just plain buy for cheap!

I thought I read somewhere on this forum that TRU had a green tag on the XBox HDTV Adapter? Has anyone seen this at TRU?

TRU Price Adjusting confirmed.

I had previously bought:
La Pucelle: $16
Mafia: $10
Siren: $13

I brought my receipt to another TRU, and got my prices adjusted to:
La Pucelle: $9
Mafia: $8
Siren: $12

I got a total of $10.50 back by adjusting at another TRU, and I suggest that you all do the same. All you need to do is bring in your receipts, and they don't even need to have the items in stock. They adjust the items on your receipt to the prices in their system.

Here are some markdowns for TRU starting Thursday Jan 27. There is a chance the list is incomplete because they only send markdowns based on what's in your store, so here you go.

GBA
Survivor Series 19.95
Duel Masters 2 19.95
Beyblade Grevolution 19.95

Lemony Snicket(PS2,XB,GC)29.95
Shrek 2(PS2,XB,GC)19.95
THUG 2(PS2,XB,GC)39.95
Fairly Odd Parents Shadow Showdown(PS2,XB,GC)19.95
Spiderman 2(PS2,XB,GC)29.95
Backyard Wrestling 2(PS2,XB)29.95
Driver 3(PS2,XB)29.95
Red Dead Revolver(PS2,XB)19.95
Monster Hunter(PS2)29.95
Duel Masters 2(PS2)29.95

YMMV
XBox Memory Unit
PPG Relish Rampage GC
Hide and Sneak GC
EyeToy Groove(game only)PS2
Madden 2004 PS2
MTX Mototrax PS2
Midway Arcade Hits GBA
Turok PS2
Smugglers Run PS2

York, PA TRU has

Arc the Lad PS2 $5.98
Siren PS2 $10.98
Drake Xbox $2.98
1080 Avalanche GC $10.98

I can't remember much else, but I know there were a few 70% off games left, like Tennis 2K2 and some Star Trek game.

If anybody could pick up an extra Castlevania LOI - PS2 or Castlevania AOS - GBA for me, it would greatly be appreciated. My local TRUs are all out. We could trade for games, cash, or guides if interested.

Tallahassee, FL

Outlaw Golf GC - 5.99
SSX Tricky - 8.48
Mafia - 10.98
DOA XBV - 19.99
E-Reader - 11.99

I scanned a lot of games and most were the marked price (too high for me). Hopefully they will begin a clearance soon.

Fargo, ND

Bloodrayne $4.49
King of Fighters 2000/2001 $9.00
Fatal Frame II (PS2) $14.98
Max Payne 2 guide $0.00
Enter the Matrix guide $0.00
e-reader Excitebike $.74
e-reader Donkey Kong 3 $.59
e-reader Super Mario Bros. 3 $1.80
Legacy of Kain Collection (PS1) $9.00
SOCOM w/headset $12.00
Fatal Frame (XBox) $11.98

Just to pass along what I found at the TRU in Chattanooga, TN near Northgate Mall.
XIII (PS2) 4.98
Primal (PS2) 4.50
Syphon Filter 3 (PS1) 4.50
Legacy of Kain Collection (PS1) 9.00
NHL 2K2 (DC) 5.99
Shenmue (DC) 6.00
Balloon Fight (E Reader) 0.74
Donkey Kong (E Reader) 1.50
Clu Clu Land (E Reader) 0.59

Everything was green tag except XIII. They didn't have too much for ps2, xbox of gc, but a good ammount of dc, ps1, and gba that was 70% off. Also had ps1 multitaps and car adapters for 4.50. They had a display saying the ps1 screens were 10.98, but they were out. That's the lowest I've seen though.

Toysrus - Joliet IL

Xenosaga 3.48
Soul Calibur II (PS2) 3.48
Chaos Legion 4.48
Devil May Cry (Greatest Hits) 5.00?

The reason why I stopped there was to see if Siren and Gradius V went green tag. No luck - instead , its just a bunch of typical dreamcast crap , along with mad maestro and a few n64 games in the green tag bin.

[quote name='evilmax17']TRU Price Adjusting confirmed.

I had previously bought:

I got a total of $10.50 back by adjusting at another TRU, and I suggest that you all do the same. All you need to do is bring in your receipts, and they don't even need to have the items in stock. They adjust the items on your receipt to the prices in their system.[/quote]

That's great for you, but they're not suppose to do that.

Got the following from the Grand Rapids, MI TRU:

- Gun Valkyrie (Xbox): $8.99
- Wild Arms 3 (PS2): $9.00
- Gladius (PS2): $5.00

Plenty of copies of Gladius left! :D

[quote name='Zon27'][quote name='evilmax17']TRU Price Adjusting confirmed.

I had previously bought:

I got a total of $10.50 back by adjusting at another TRU, and I suggest that you all do the same. All you need to do is bring in your receipts, and they don't even need to have the items in stock. They adjust the items on your receipt to the prices in their system.[/quote]

That's great for you, but they're not suppose to do that.[/quote]

It is not so much a "price adjustment" as a return and rebuy. One brings the item back in for a refund of the purchase price, then turns around and buys it back from the store at their selling price. I wouldn't expect this to be against policy (I did it myself on the PSOne LCDs), but I can't be certain. Do you have inside knowledge of their policies that you could share with us, Zon27? I don't mean secret stuff, just stuff that an informed consumer should know, such as whether or not return/rebuys are officially allowed.

St. Charles TRU price matched the Elgin TRU (Both in IL) clearance price. The girl said it had to be in stock for them to do. It wasn't in stock, but she did it anyway. Got $10 back and ended up paying only $7.48 + Tax for La Pucelle. :D

Saginaw, MI

This is what i picked up

psone--49.99
lcd screen--14.99
xbox
mafia--9.99
tenchu--3.98

DC
test drive v-rally--.90 cents
NBA hoopz--.90 cents
Sega bass fishing--3.98

They had a bunch of pokemon n64 games and alot of DC 2k's,
other then that nothing speacial

[quote name='chrisballer']Saginaw, MI

This is what i picked up

psone--49.99
lcd screen--14.99
xbox
mafia--9.99
tenchu--3.98

DC
test drive v-rally--.90 cents
NBA hoopz--.90 cents
Sega bass fishing--3.98

They had a bunch of pokemon n64 games and alot of DC 2k's,
other then that nothing speacial[/quote]

Hey Chrisballer, the PsOne that you got is pretty much regular price. You might as well return it, and get one elsewhere. I don't know where you get it cheaper, but if you are a CAG...just wanted to give you a heads-up.

Bell Gardens, Ca

Green Tag:
Beyond Good & Evil Xbox $6.00
Lufia GBA $9.00
Incredible Crisis PS1 $2.97
Onimusha Tactics GBA $6.00

Non Green Tag
Tiger Woods PGA 2004 GBA $8.98
PSone LCD $39.98

Anyone know anything about Incredible Crisis? It looked somewhat interesting and it was only $3.00.

[quote name='flaprabbit']Anyone know anything about Incredible Crisis? It looked somewhat interesting and it was only $3.00.[/quote]

Fun, odd, short, odd, easily worth $3, did I mention odd?

It is not so much a "price adjustment" as a return and rebuy. One brings the item back in for a refund of the purchase price, then turns around and buys it back from the store at their selling price. I wouldn't expect this to be against policy (I did it myself on the PSOne LCDs), but I can't be certain. Do you have inside knowledge of their policies that you could share with us, Zon27? I don't mean secret stuff, just stuff that an informed consumer should know, such as whether or not return/rebuys are officially allowed.

This is allowed. If the price drops within 14 days of your purchase you will have no problem getting the price difference back, just bring the receipt to the store(the item isn't needed). If it's more than 14 days you'll run into some trouble. You'd actually have to bring the item back, return it, and then rebuy it, but if it's open/used they won't allow you to return it and rebuy it. And even if it is sealed some stores return it and won't resell you that same one that you just returned because they know youi're trying to cheat the system. So it's a YMMV on more than 14 days, but the official policy is stores aren't supposed to allow it even though many do.

[quote name='tenzor']does anyone still see Jet Set Radio Future for XB at their Toys R us?[/quote]

Ive seen the JSRF/Sega GT combo for 2.99 used at Gamestop. Probably wont have a manual, but its another option if youre interested.

Wow, I forgot about this site. Here are my TRU deals (Muncy, PA):

All PS2:
XIII - 6.98
Primal - 4.49
Arc the Lad - 5.48
Soul Calibur II - 7.98
Resident Evil Code Veronica (GH) - 1.98

No Psone Combo/LCD :cry:

Picked these up at 2 different TRUs:

Union, NJ
Metal Dungeon (Xbox) $7.49
La Pucelle Tactics (PS2) $8.48
Medal of Honor Rising Sun (Xbox) $7.48
Xenosaga (PS2) $7.98
4 meg Gamecube memory card (by intec) $4.99

Jersey City, NJ
Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance (PS2) $2.98

[quote name='oper00'][quote name='Kagath']
Traverse City, MI[/quote]

Just realized you live in the same city as in KH[/quote]

Thats traverse town not traverse city

Incredible Crisis is a great game....too short though. I beat it in one sitting.

Wannabe, any chance in you selling/trading Gallop Racer?

[quote name='peloquin17']

the 2 TRUs that i went to both had psone screens but they were scanning at approx $54[/quote]

I work at a TRU is Paramus, NJ and our psone screens also scan at around $54. Does anyone have their receipt from buying a cheap screen at TRU that they could scan. I'm trying to find out how TRU mark down policies work. We have a really cool manager at our store that I can talk to.

[quote name='Adstone'][quote name='peloquin17']

the 2 TRUs that i went to both had psone screens but they were scanning at approx $54[/quote]

I work at a TRU is Paramus, NJ and our psone screens also scan at around $54. Does anyone have their receipt from buying a cheap screen at TRU that they could scan. I'm trying to find out how TRU mark down policies work. We have a really cool manager at our store that I can talk to.[/quote]

yup that was the one in paramus. not sure if it was the one on 17 or 4. my buddy went, and called me at work when he was there.

the way the manager explained it was...

certain TRUs have an allocated $ amount that they are allowed to mark down depending on how sales of a particular item sell.

it seems like your store was selling the screens pretty well, therefore, no markdown.

another TRU i went to was selling the psone+screen combo for $39.99

they were prolly selling none of them. at the same time, that store is in the middle of nowhere.

seems like the farther you go off the beaten path, the better prices you get.

[quote name='guessed'][quote name='flaprabbit']Anyone know anything about Incredible Crisis? It looked somewhat interesting and it was only $3.00.[/quote]

Fun, odd, short, odd, easily worth $3, did I mention odd?[/quote]

i had to pay $2.50 for a turbo controller from KB n order to beat incredible crisis. was everyone else able to stop the elevator without difficulty?

Anyone who's looking for cheap, black standard-sized DVD cases, they had dozens of copies of NFL: Backyard Basics in the DVD section green tagged for $0.48 at the Beavercreek, OH TRU. That's only $0.14 each!

[quote name='radjago']Anyone who's looking for cheap, black standard-sized DVD cases, they had dozens of copies of NFL: Backyard Basics in the DVD section green tagged for $0.48 at the Beavercreek, OH TRU. That's only $0.14 each![/quote]

hahahaha. Yeah well Killzone was only $0.01 :)

*hugs his demo*

Just hit up the Columbia, SC Two Notch TRU

La Pucelle: Tactics 5.98 Clearance price/ One left

Green Tag 70% off:

Voodoo Vince------------6.00 Last one
PS2 Optical Cable-------2.99 Last one
XB AV Pack--------------6.00 Several left
PS2 Pro Comp. Cable-- 6.00 Couple left

Not to much left with green tags.

[quote name='radjago']Anyone who's looking for cheap, black standard-sized DVD cases, they had dozens of copies of NFL: Backyard Basics in the DVD section green tagged for $0.48 at the Beavercreek, OH TRU. That's only $0.14 each![/quote]

Those are pennied out at my store. Only like one or two left...meh.

The display cases for games that are more than $19.99 are thrown away after they drop or we decide that we're never getting the game again. So you might ask the manager or someone if you can have some of those. The XBOX cases are the exact ones that the games come in, but ofcourse the PS2 cases are not, there have been a few Activision cases that were actual GC cases too.

I carried out a whole large bag yesterday, but then again I work there.

Went yesterday hoping the 2 $50 PS1 screens were finally being clearanced.

Negative on the screens but I picked up one of those heavy duty alumunum PS2 cases made by Intec for 9.98, original price was 39.98

It's the Pro Gamer's Case which is the plain jane version of the Pro Gamer's bundle that includes this case and some other stuff. Those were 29.98

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back