The Toys R Us Clearance Thread: Itz now da Summa 2005

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gothic Walrus

CAGiversary!
Feedback
6 (100%)
With blessings from the big man himself...

The Toys R US clearance deals, much like the Target ones, are very YMMV. As a result of that - and the fact that the board is currently littered with TRU clearance sales - it's time to try something new.

The CAG Toys R Us Clearance Thread

The goal is to have this thread modeled after the current Target clearance thread (and its predecessor), so the basic rules are the same...

When posting what you have found, please note the location that you found it at, example:

Philadelphia, PA
Snyder Plaza

Game Name, System, Price

-----
This thread is for Clearance deals, not sale items or raincheck "scams"
Please Post City, State and Store (If City has many stores), game, system and price

Keep extraneous discussion to a minimum, as posts not pretating to clearance deals may be deleted by the mod crew.

-----
[quote name='shrike4242']If you hunt around through the forums and look for posts by tubtub and benboxer (our resident TRU folk), they've said that any TRU price ending in .98 can be a "variable" price, where one store has it for 5.98, while another has it for 7.98 and another for 3.98. The .98 is a "regional" price, for lack of a better term. Anything ending in .95 and .99 are chain-wide, from what I've seen from them.[/quote]

That should do it for the first post. Good luck, everyone!

For some reason I have started seeing those Pokemon Colosseum bonus discs at several different TRU's recently. They were priced $7.48. Still not as good as the penny they were costing at Best Buy but if you're on the lookout for it you may want to hit your local TRU.

Went to the local TRU (Sunnyvale, CA) and got the following:

RE:CVX - $5.48
Turok (Xbox) - $1.48
Castlevania: LOI - $2.98
Bloodrayne (Xbox) - $3.48

My TRU had Samurai Warriors (PS2) for 12.99, and I think the PSOne LCD screen was less than thirty bucks. I'll double check tomorrow and post any good deals.

Man I was at the TRU at Franklin Park in Toledo Ohio today and the only green tag games they had were a couple Dreamcast NFL games and a copy of Perfect Dark N64. That was IT :(

what's the best price reported for Sword of Mana [GBA]? My TRU has it for $12.98, but I think I've heard that it's cheaper.
Can anyone confirm that it's sold cheaper?
thanks!

[quote name='speedy05']what's the best price reported for Sword of Mana [GBA]? My TRU has it for $12.98, but I think I've heard that it's cheaper.
thanks![/quote]

Saw it for 11.98 at my TRU today.

[quote name='speedy05']what's the best price reported for Sword of Mana [GBA]? My TRU has it for $12.98, but I think I've heard that it's cheaper.
thanks![/quote]

Mine had about 10 copies marked at 9.98.

[quote name='Josef']For some reason I have started seeing those Pokemon Colosseum bonus discs at several different TRU's recently. They were priced $7.48. Still not as good as the penny they were costing at Best Buy but if you're on the lookout for it you may want to hit your local TRU.[/quote]

People actually sell the Pokemon Colosseum bonus discs?

I got a copy for free during the Kmart Blue light clearance sale... Maybe I should've picked up more..?

As for e-readers, has anybody else seen these at their TRU for clearance? Mine have been out of e-readers for a few months..

My TRU in So. Portland, ME has Sword of Mana for $7.98 I believe, but there OOS right now. I had a chance to pick this up before it went OOS, but I don't have a GBA so it was pointless.

[quote name='FoxStar'][quote name='Josef']For some reason I have started seeing those Pokemon Colosseum bonus discs at several different TRU's recently. They were priced $7.48. Still not as good as the penny they were costing at Best Buy but if you're on the lookout for it you may want to hit your local TRU.[/quote]

People actually sell the Pokemon Colosseum bonus discs?

I got a copy for free during the Kmart Blue light clearance sale... Maybe I should've picked up more..?

As for e-readers, has anybody else seen these at their TRU for clearance? Mine have been out of e-readers for a few months..[/quote]

EReaders were the first thing I checked for during the 50% clearance back in the summer with no luck (at 4 different stores). I did manage to get one recently at Gamestop - it was $8.99 used after my 10% Gamestop card.

Just cam e from TRU and saw a coupl of highlights...
Xbox
Fatal Frame....$12
All 2004 XSN games....$6.50
GC
Bomberman Jetters...$12
GBA
Tiger Woods PGA golf Tour...$15
Castlevania Aria of Sorrow....$12
Fire Emblem....$12

thats pretty much all. i didnt buy anything, but i might go back tomorrow and get castlevania.

[quote name='kingofny187']anyone clerence deals in valley stream tru on sunrise hwy in newyork anyone no of[/quote]

My God...I think its attempting to communicate!

I visited my only local TRU on Friday (Clackamas, OR). There was employees from the closed Lloyd Center TRU working there!

The clearance deals there are totally crap. The prices are even LABELED with the game (under them in the rack). So I looked at them all and they are still in the $15s and $20s! Like Fatal Frame II for PS2 was $2x.98 like Castlevania AOS, lots of RECVX at like $12? I even took the ones I wanted (Castlevania and Sword of Mana) to the checkout and yes the prices are the same on the tags. I was saddddd. Cause the cheapest clearanced TRU was the closing one at Lloyd Center! It was a month and a half ago, but I got two Sirens for $10.98 each, Xenosaga Ep 1 for $7?, two RECVX for roughly $5, Maximo Army of Zin for $11, and La Pucelle for $17 but I didn't care.

Jantzen Beach TRU is out of the question because I refuse to go there ever again because of the nazi video game manager woman.

EDIT: But friday, I picked up the psone lcd screen there for $40. I'm thinking about returning it because there wasn't any PSone/LCD screen bundles there...

i just got home from the tru in waco, tx. i had to drive 200 miles total from dallas to waco. that was the only place in north texas that had them! i got:
7) psone screens ($20)
1) psone car charger ($5.50)

for a total of $157.
beside that, there want anything else that was worth buying!

[quote name='mr_kill_666']i just got home from the tru in waco, tx. i had to drive 200 miles total from dallas to waco. that was the only place in north texas that had them! i got:
7) psone screens ($20)
1) psone car charger ($5.50)

for a total of $157.
beside that, there want anything else that was worth buying![/quote]

nice deal but if i ever drove 200 miles to buy something, i'd have my head checked.

Yeah, I don't quite get TRU's pricing. For example:

Got XIII (PS2) for $3.98 at one TRU. Went to a TRU 20 minutes to the north and XIII cost $6.98... both were in the computers at these respective stores at these respective prices.

Same thing with Beyond Good and Evil (PS2). The game cost $4.98 at one TRU in the computer, and $7.98 at the other. Again, 20 minutes to the north.

So I'm left to think is that TRU doesn't have computer systems that are linked to a main system that constantly updates prices? Seems kinda stupid.

One of the TRUs did have about 20 copies of Grand Turismo 3 (GH, PS) for $6.98 before green tag pricing.. so roughly $2.10. Probably not the best deal, but maybe worth picking up a few for some trade in deals...

Picked up these at the Towson, MD TRU today:

GC - Eternal Darkness - $10.49
GBA - Sword of Mana - $8.99
Xbox - Unreal 2 - $5.98

I just noticed the PS2 Intec controller with the small screen dropped from $99 to 34.98 at the Tucker, GA store. Has anyone else noticed it lower at any other TRU?

I stopped by Toys R Us briefly on my lunch break and noticed the person working the R Zone with a handheld green tagger tagging games for what he said was a new Green Tag Sale. I only had a few minutes to rummage through the two shopping carts and look out on the shelves. I saw mostly Playstation games such as the Tomb Raiders, Wrestlemania for the Gamecube, NFL 2k2 for PS2, Atari Anthology for $3, Black and Bruised for Gamecube to name a few I saw. These games with green tags are going to be 70% off. I also picked up a recently reduced Soul Calibur 2 guide for $2, Max Payne 2 and Donkey Kong Country guides that were pennied out. I plan to go back after work and see what else has been green tagged because the sales associate was not done tagging.

I think the prices for each Toys'r'us is dependent on how well an item moves at each individual store. I know by talking to one of the employees at the one here in Lincoln that they get a list of games to mark down on a Saturday, but the markdown doesn't happen until Thursday, and it only really happens on the games that aren't selling. So if something sells decent at $20, they probably won't mark it down cheaper. That could explain the price discrepency among the different TRU's. If a game sells ok at 7 bucks at one local and not at another, they probably were told to mark it down to 4 bucks, or what have you.

They already had something like this set up at my local TRU during lunch today. Unfortunately, it's the same old games that have been mentioned as 70% off clearance before. Eternal Darkness at 70% off $49.99 isn't really that big a bargain, imo.

[quote name='Purkeynator']Just noticed the new combined thread on Jan 17, sorry would have posted there if I would have seen it earlier.[/quote]

That's okay, I can merge it. ;)

[quote name='bone_matrix']I think the prices for each Toys'r'us is dependent on how well an item moves at each individual store. I know by talking to one of the employees at the one here in Lincoln that they get a list of games to mark down on a Saturday, but the markdown doesn't happen until Thursday, and it only really happens on the games that aren't selling. So if something sells decent at $20, they probably won't mark it down cheaper. That could explain the price discrepency among the different TRU's. If a game sells ok at 7 bucks at one local and not at another, they probably were told to mark it down to 4 bucks, or what have you.[/quote]

plus the guy at tru where i got my screens said that the tru state heads calculate which place have more visitors, so it also depends on where the location of the tru is. thats why i got the psone screens for 20 and other places had ( before sold out) them for like 25 or more!

[quote name='Purkeynator']I stopped by Toys R Us briefly on my lunch break and noticed the person working the R Zone with a handheld green tagger tagging games for what he said was a new Green Tag Sale. I only had a few minutes to rummage through the two shopping carts and look out on the shelves. I saw mostly Playstation games such as the Tomb Raiders, Wrestlemania for the Gamecube, NFL 2k2 for PS2, Atari Anthology for $3, Black and Bruised for Gamecube to name a few I saw. These games with green tags are going to be 70% off. I also picked up a recently reduced Soul Calibur 2 guide for $2, Max Payne 2 and Donkey Kong Country guides that were pennied out. I plan to go back after work and see what else has been green tagged because the sales associate was not done tagging.[/quote]

Atari Anthology for $3 new? Me want....

Kingston, MA

Xenosaga(PS2)-2.50 (about 3 left)
Resident Evil Code V.(PS2)- 6.50(4 left)
Max Payne 2(XBOX)-6.50(couple left)
La Pucelle Tatics(PS2)-14.99(none right now)

I've been doing my share of looking around for cheap games, and I upped and decided to try TRU (this was well before I found this site)

Second trip was the only time I could find the receipt (all games are PS2).
Baldur's Gage: 6.48
Xenosaga: 8.48
Dave Mirra: 7.48
Smugglers Run: 7.48
Wild Arms: 9.00 (green tag)

Last I checked they had copies of all of those.

This is the Mobile, Al one so I doubt any of you are remotely close to it anyway. They don't have many green tag items left last time I saw, although they put out more copies of Primal. They had several games below ten dollars though, such as Mafia: 6.48, Resident Evil Code: Veronice 6.48, etc...

Only place I've found with really great deals. Except for a 3 racing games (Super Trucks Racing, Ford Racing 2 and Corvette) for 10 at one Walmart.

TRU in Nanuet, NY

Bloodrayne - PS2 - $3.48
Resident Evil Code Veronica (GH)- PS2 - $4.48
Devil May Cry (GH) - PS2 - $5.48
Xenosaga - PS2 - $4
Beyond Good and Evil - PS2 - $4.48
Outlaw Golf - GC - $6
Red Faction 2 - GC - $6
Bomberman Generations - GC - $6
Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance - PS2 - $5.48
Phantasy Star Online - DC - $6
Smuggler's Run - PS2 - $4.48
Illbleed - DC - $6.48
Castlevania Lament of Innocence - PS2 - $6.48
Backyard Wrestling - $6.48

I can't remember what they had for xbox due to the fact that i don't have one and didn't bother to look.

Hope this helps someone

mgriff

Maplewood, Minnesota TRU

XBOX
Van Helsing $6.48
Unreal 2 7.48
Tenchu RFD 6.48

PS2
XIII 4.98

By the way, can someone tell me why the **** XBOX memory units are $4.98?????!!!!!! I thought those were selling well. I guess not, since this TRU had 40+ mem units all over the place.

[quote name='peloquin17'][quote name='Adstone'][quote name='peloquin17']

the 2 TRUs that i went to both had psone screens but they were scanning at approx $54[/quote]

I work at a TRU is Paramus, NJ and our psone screens also scan at around $54. Does anyone have their receipt from buying a cheap screen at TRU that they could scan. I'm trying to find out how TRU mark down policies work. We have a really cool manager at our store that I can talk to.[/quote]

yup that was the one in paramus. not sure if it was the one on 17 or 4. my buddy went, and called me at work when he was there.

the way the manager explained it was...

certain TRUs have an allocated $ amount that they are allowed to mark down depending on how sales of a particular item sell.

it seems like your store was selling the screens pretty well, therefore, no markdown.

another TRU i went to was selling the psone+screen combo for $39.99

they were prolly selling none of them. at the same time, that store is in the middle of nowhere.

seems like the farther you go off the beaten path, the better prices you get.[/quote]

It's not a store by store allocation...it's a regional thing. Most of the game will be around the same (within a few bucks based on sales). But like for example... my store (Culver City) in the computer I searched for La Purcelle Tactics (listed at $29.99) yesterday because I want one. My store ofcourse does not have a copy....I call the two closest stores that listed them in the system (West Los Angeles), they are idiots and say they don't have it. Then I call Hawthorne and they tell me they have it and it scans at $29.99 much to my dismay. So I called the Bakerfield store they have it as well but also for $29.99....

So I'm pretty sure things are universalized that way. I'm not sure if it's a regional thing or district thing though. Some oddities occur I'm sure. YMMV in some cases ofcourse.

[quote name='PhrostByte'][quote name='Purkeynator']I stopped by Toys R Us briefly on my lunch break and noticed the person working the R Zone with a handheld green tagger tagging games for what he said was a new Green Tag Sale. I only had a few minutes to rummage through the two shopping carts and look out on the shelves. I saw mostly Playstation games such as the Tomb Raiders, Wrestlemania for the Gamecube, NFL 2k2 for PS2, Atari Anthology for $3, Black and Bruised for Gamecube to name a few I saw. These games with green tags are going to be 70% off. I also picked up a recently reduced Soul Calibur 2 guide for $2, Max Payne 2 and Donkey Kong Country guides that were pennied out. I plan to go back after work and see what else has been green tagged because the sales associate was not done tagging.[/quote]

Atari Anthology for $3 new? Me want....[/quote]

Sadly this is probably just one of the shitty stores that has really crappy employees who don't know what a green tag looks like...and people wonder why TRU is struggling with business....

FYI, I picked up Showdown Legends of Wrestling for the Xbox at TRU today for $13.98. I know this is a bad game but I like a lot of the wrestlers. I am sure this will be YMMV, but I was waiting for it to drop in price and now it has. Not sure if someone already mentioned this one. This had a red tag on it and was on a clearance table. Thanks for all the great posts!!

I went in the Toys R Us in Bham AL. today and found a few good deals. I didn't grab any though. I only looked at PS2 titles.

Gladius 8.99
Soul Calibur 2 for $5.99
BG&E $5.99
Arc the Lad $5.99
XIII $5.99
Turok Evolution $3.99
Bloodrayne $5.99
Backyard Wrestling $9.99
Xenosaga $6.99

There were more, but that's all I can think of at the moment. Great deals on Glaidus, Arc, and Xenosaga. Almost picked up BG&E just for the heck of it, to give as a gift sometime. The guy said that the prices would stay that way for awhile, so no rush.

TaFFeR

[quote name='Zon27'][quote name='PhrostByte'][quote name='Purkeynator']I stopped by Toys R Us briefly on my lunch break and noticed the person working the R Zone with a handheld green tagger tagging games for what he said was a new Green Tag Sale. I only had a few minutes to rummage through the two shopping carts and look out on the shelves. I saw mostly Playstation games such as the Tomb Raiders, Wrestlemania for the Gamecube, NFL 2k2 for PS2, Atari Anthology for $3, Black and Bruised for Gamecube to name a few I saw. These games with green tags are going to be 70% off. I also picked up a recently reduced Soul Calibur 2 guide for $2, Max Payne 2 and Donkey Kong Country guides that were pennied out. I plan to go back after work and see what else has been green tagged because the sales associate was not done tagging.[/quote]

Atari Anthology for $3 new? Me want....[/quote]

Sadly this is probably just one of the shitty stores that has really crappy employees who don't know what a green tag looks like...and people wonder why TRU is struggling with business....[/quote]

The PC version of Atari Anthology was $3 at my local TRU. Could have been a pricing mistake on the PS2 version.

Sorry if they've been posted.

PS2 Jak and Daxter 1 - $19.99 green tag = $5.40
PS2 Chaos Legion (capcom) - $6.98
PS1 Gran Turismo 2 - $14.99 green tag = $4.05

other stuff...mostly from memory, don't bite me if i'm wrong
PS1 s couple of Spyro games are green tags, i forgot the prices

Xbox medal of honor, i forget if it was frontlines or rising sun that's under $10 now

xbox rocky legends is $19.99
xbox tron 2.0 is $19.99

That'sa Eet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back