The Toys R Us Clearance Thread: Itz now da Summa 2005

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gothic Walrus

CAGiversary!
Feedback
6 (100%)
With blessings from the big man himself...

The Toys R US clearance deals, much like the Target ones, are very YMMV. As a result of that - and the fact that the board is currently littered with TRU clearance sales - it's time to try something new.

The CAG Toys R Us Clearance Thread

The goal is to have this thread modeled after the current Target clearance thread (and its predecessor), so the basic rules are the same...

When posting what you have found, please note the location that you found it at, example:

Philadelphia, PA
Snyder Plaza

Game Name, System, Price

-----
This thread is for Clearance deals, not sale items or raincheck "scams"
Please Post City, State and Store (If City has many stores), game, system and price

Keep extraneous discussion to a minimum, as posts not pretating to clearance deals may be deleted by the mod crew.

-----
[quote name='shrike4242']If you hunt around through the forums and look for posts by tubtub and benboxer (our resident TRU folk), they've said that any TRU price ending in .98 can be a "variable" price, where one store has it for 5.98, while another has it for 7.98 and another for 3.98. The .98 is a "regional" price, for lack of a better term. Anything ending in .95 and .99 are chain-wide, from what I've seen from them.[/quote]

That should do it for the first post. Good luck, everyone!

I just got back from the Mission Viejo, ca. TRU and the green tag bin was full of PS1 and N64 THQ wrestling titles. WWF Warzone, Attitude, and WCW Mayhem, Backstage Assault.

The only other stuff they had was a PS1 Deer Hunting game, and a PC 2003 Deer Hunter game...both for $19.99 before the 90% off.

I ended up just getting a True Crime Streets of LA guide for 75 cents. The guy said that the actual game was in the bin a couple of weeks ago too.

There was a Viewtiful Joe guide in there as well.

Nothing worth a damn at the Frisco, TX TRU. I was hoping to score an Xbox memory unit, but they didn't have any. Picked up a Ninja Gaiden strategy guide for .01, but that was it.

[quote name='trunks982']whats the name of the WWF game for the N64 with rock on it. the one that ppl say its the best WWF game on the 64[/quote]

Probably No Mercy. I still say its the best wrestling game ever.

Ok, I just went to two TRU stores near pittsburgh PA. One at Ross Park Mall and the other near Monroeville Mall. Here's what I bought, and a few other things of interest if I can recall them...

Ross Park TRU:

I bought:
Arc the Lad PS2 $7.49
Sword of Mana GBA $11.98
Bloodrayne XBOX $5.49
Zelda Wind Waker guides $1.50
Medal of Honor Rising Sun Guides FREE (1 cent w/ 90% off!)
Prince of Persia Sand of Time Guide $1.50

They also had:
1080 Avalanche $11.98
Eyetoy Groove (no cam) $11.98
Spyro GC $9.98
RE:CVX PS2 $7.49
Siren $9.98 (I've never heard of this one :?: )

At the Monroeville TRU:

I bought:
Rallisport Challenge XBOX $6.98
Devil May Cry PS2 $5.48
Tennis 2k2 DC $1.00
Soul Calibur 2 PS2 $7.98
Resident Evil CVX PS2 $5.48
Baldurs Gate DA PS2 $6.48
Xenosaga PS2 (I bought 2 of these) $5.48
Chaos Legion PS2 $5.48

They also had:
Cluc Clu land, Tennis, Donkey Kong 3 Card Reader games - 50 cents!
Various Guides for $1.50 (wind waker, True Crime, Max Payne 2)
NHL 2k2 DC $1.00
2 for $20 games (R Type Fainal, Intellivision Lives PS2, Tomb Raider AOD PS2, and a few others...)
They also had some Castlevania Aria of Sorrows for GBA, which I thought were hard to find, for $19.98.

Go get em :)

My local TRU in Queensbury, NY adjusts prices every Thursday. I was told yesterday by an associate that the GREEN TAGs ended last December. Look out for the "NEW LOW PRICE" shelf tags now being used in the video game dept! I saw Tiger Woods PGA 2005 for $29.99 XBOX.

Checked out the Greenville, SC store last Friday.

They had the official PS2 game case from ALS (holds 24 discs, PS logo on the front.) I have the Xbox and GC version of these and love them so I was gonna get one for my PS2 games. Anyway, they were marked $9.99 but rang up at $1.00. I bought all 5 of them, of couse.

Check these out if you're interested in secure, convenient game storage outside of their cases. Taking games to friend's houses is much easier with one of these.

[quote name='Lord Alfred']Check these out if you're interested in secure, convenient game storage outside of their cases. Taking games to friend's houses is much easier with one of these.[/quote]

Those kinds of disc carry cases always end up scratching my discs as I slide the individual discs in and out of the plastic case sleeves, either because the sleeve is too tight or its material too rough. I'd rather stick with the bulk of the original case because at least that way the disc stays looking new.

[quote name='MaxBiaggi3']Those kinds of disc carry cases always end up scratching my discs as I slide the individual discs in and out of the plastic case sleeves,[/quote]

I've been using these ALS cases (especially the GC ones) literally for years and never had scratching problems. Now I can say that I've used some CD disc carriers that DID scratch my CDs over the years, but these ALS products are top notch. They also make the best GBA and DS cases.

Anyone know if those Super Monkey Ball or Sonic Double Pack games are (accidently)part of Green Tag or the 2 for $20 sale?

I noticed the employees taking them all of the floor and putting them behind the counter.

Lord Alfred
I go to Clemson and usually keep up with the Anderson TRU sales. I would really appreciate any deals information on the Greenville TRU, and I will do the same for Anderson.

Anyone knows the nationwide TRU price for these games.

Metal Slug 3
Maximo Army of Zin
Jak & Daxter
Harvest Moon GC
Shadow Hearts 2
Toca Race Driver 2 (PS2)
Nightshade
ATV Off Road Fury II

The local TRU is loaded with copies of these games, but the lazy clerks want scan them for me.

I'm guessing the $10 off any 2 games coupon expired?

And there's no TRU coupons out?

Oh well.

Now if I could just find a TRU with Wipeout Fusion in stock.

Jak & Daxter $19.99 (or $1.99 if covered by Toysrus UPC "Patch":)
Shadow Hearts 2 $19.99
Nightshade $19.99

[quote name='DealHunter']Lord Alfred
I go to Clemson and usually keep up with the Anderson TRU sales. I would really appreciate any deals information on the Greenville TRU, and I will do the same for Anderson.

Metal Slug 3
Maximo Army of Zin
Jak & Daxter
Harvest Moon GC
Shadow Hearts 2
Toca Race Driver 2 (PS2)
Nightshade
ATV Off Road Fury II

The local TRU is loaded copies of these games, but the lazy clerks want scan them for me.[/quote]

Metal Slug 3 $29.99
Maximo Army of Zin is $15.98 at my store so it's YMMV since it's clearance
Harvest Moon GC $19.99
Toca Race Driver 2 $29.99 (my store never recieved this though, only the xbox version came in)
ATV Offroad Fury 2 $19.99

[quote name='ppl']Jak & Daxter $19.99 (or $1.99 if covered by Toysrus UPC "Patch":)
Shadow Hearts 2 $19.99
Nightshade $19.99

[quote name='DealHunter']Lord Alfred

Metal Slug 3
Maximo Army of Zin
Jak & Daxter
Harvest Moon GC
Shadow Hearts 2
Toca Race Driver 2 (PS2)
Nightshade
ATV Off Road Fury II

The local TRU is loaded copies of these games, but the lazy clerks want scan them for me.[/quote][/quote]

Does anyone know if the Metroid Prime GC was ever on sale with the 50% green tag clearance?

If so has anyone bought one lately. I found one the other day and had the lady scan it but it came up 99.99. It looked like she hit total, but I'm not sure if she did. I'm not sure if it was ever in that sale?

[quote name='Nutts']Does anyone know if the Metroid Prime GC was ever on sale with the 50% green tag clearance?

If so has anyone bought one lately. I found one the other day and had the lady scan it but it came up 99.99. It looked like she hit total, but I'm not sure if she did. I'm not sure if it was ever in that sale?[/quote]

I don't think it was ever a part of the sale. I could be wrong though.

[quote name='chickenhawk'][quote name='Nutts']Does anyone know if the Metroid Prime GC was ever on sale with the 50% green tag clearance?

If so has anyone bought one lately. I found one the other day and had the lady scan it but it came up 99.99. It looked like she hit total, but I'm not sure if she did. I'm not sure if it was ever in that sale?[/quote]

I don't think it was ever a part of the sale. I could be wrong though.[/quote]

I am pretty sure they weren't part of the sale...They were part of the K-Mart sale though...I think that sale is over too, though

[quote name='goku_saiyin_lord']are all these games limited time only or will they always be that price??(till they run out)[/quote]

I'm pretty sure it's until they run out. so if you can find, great. it's been slim pickins' from a while though.

KOP, PA TRU:

Samurai Warriors (PS2) - $12.98
Soul Calibur 2 (PS2) - $7.48
Baldur's Gate: DA (PS2) - $5.48
Resident Evil: CVX (PS2) - $5.48
Van Helsing (XB) - $10.98
Sword of Mana (GBA) - $12.98 (I think)
Fire Emblem (GBA) - $16.98
Castlevania: AOS (GBA) - $15.98

well, i will have to scan it today, my TRU stil has tickets and they don't change the tickets... like siren is marked 39.99 but rings up 9.99 and XIII is marked 19.99 but rings up 2.48

[quote name='mcgavin27']well, i will have to scan it today, my TRU stil has tickets and they don't change the tickets... like siren is marked 39.99 but rings up 9.99 and XIII is marked 19.99 but rings up 2.48[/quote]

Gotta love it when TRU is lazy with marking the right price on games ;) Makes it that much easier for those in the know to get them at the cheapo price :lol:

[quote name='FOnewearl'][quote name='mcgavin27']well, i will have to scan it today, my TRU stil has tickets and they don't change the tickets... like siren is marked 39.99 but rings up 9.99 and XIII is marked 19.99 but rings up 2.48[/quote]

Gotta love it when TRU is lazy with marking the right price on games ;) Makes it that much easier for those in the know to get them at the cheapo price :lol:[/quote]
went there... no fire emblem, but they finally fixed the XIII to 2.48, but they used to have 1 copy of it b/c of 1 19.99 tag. But i go there today and there is 15 or 16 tickets for 2.48. I know there is no F%^&ing way they have 15 copies of it.

At the TRU in Clackamas, OR:

PS2:
Siren $9.98 (at least 5 copies)
Trivial Pursuit $7.48 (several copies)
Maximo: Army Of Zin - $10.98 (at least 5 copies)
Beyond Good and Evil - $9.98 (several copies)

GCN:
Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance - $10.98 (2 copies)

GBA:
Sword Of Mana - $14.98 (at least 5 copies)

There are a few more as well, but I can't remember any of them (and with that being said, this is probably the cream of the crop).

[quote name='mcgavin27']went there... no fire emblem, but they finally fixed the XIII to 2.48, but they used to have 1 copy of it b/c of 1 19.99 tag. But i go there today and there is 15 or 16 tickets for 2.48. I know there is no F%^&ing way they have 15 copies of it.[/QUOTE]

You're TRU still has tickets? Here they have the games out in clamshells. I remember when TRU had plastic images of the game and tickets yu'd take to the counter. And the long dark ailses... And when there were still interesting toys... ::sigh:: ;_;

maximo: army of zin is still like 15.98 at my TRU. all the stores around my area suck at sales. they have all the games prices still all jacked up.

hitman 2 was still freakin $19.99 i think

It seems as if the Green Tag at 90% is officially done. I went to a TRU to see what was left, and there was mostly DC games but I did find 2 PS2 games that may have been returned. Anyhow, at the checkout counter with 2 PSone games and a PS2 game.....a lady comes rushing out of the offices saying that the Green Tags are no longer. That they were to remove the green sticker from everything remaining. The clerk asked, but the first game already rang up as PROMO....but as he was pricing the other games, the system returned the other two games to regular prices. I lucked out with just the one game at 90%, and left the store. Maybe this was an anomaly, but I specifically heard the fat and ornery lady say that the 90% clearance and green tag was over. This will probably be of little consequence as we've pretty much picked through them all nationwide...but news nonetheless, if can be re-affirmed by another.

[quote name='lurknomore']Green tag sale over?[/QUOTE]
That's weird; I was at the mall the other day when I ran into one of the TRU employees (who now recognizes me on sight). She said that they were actually getting a list of more games to green tag, but that she couldn't remember what they were. Weird.

I can't find any green tags, or even any of the games supposedly marked down.

:(

I shoulda got Primal while it was in stock, it was marked $19.99, but obviously was probably less. I thought DMC would tide me over, but I finished it.

[quote name='swick']That's weird; I was at the mall the other day when I ran into one of the TRU employees (who now recognizes me on sight). She said that they were actually getting a list of more games to green tag, but that she couldn't remember what they were. Weird.[/QUOTE]

Huh? She's an idiot.

[quote name='lurknomore']It seems as if the Green Tag at 90% is officially done. I went to a TRU to see what was left, and there was mostly DC games but I did find 2 PS2 games that may have been returned. Anyhow, at the checkout counter with 2 PSone games and a PS2 game.....a lady comes rushing out of the offices saying that the Green Tags are no longer. That they were to remove the green sticker from everything remaining. The clerk asked, but the first game already rang up as PROMO....but as he was pricing the other games, the system returned the other two games to regular prices. I lucked out with just the one game at 90%, and left the store. Maybe this was an anomaly, but I specifically heard the fat and ornery lady say that the 90% clearance and green tag was over. This will probably be of little consequence as we've pretty much picked through them all nationwide...but news nonetheless, if can be re-affirmed by another.[/QUOTE]

That is absolutely not true. If stuff still rings up green tagged, it's green tagged. Simple as that. I'm still picking up some gba games that we keep getting in stock that are green tagged. Insanity, since they keep sending more and more.

IMPORTANT NOTICE:

Starting April 11th TRU will no longer price match competitor's prices. This came across a few days ago. I saw a notice about it on the bulletin board when I was at my locker at work today.

Just thought I'd let you know.

The notice said the option to Price Guarantee would still be on the screen on April 11th but it will no longer work. Which I thought was odd but TRU is an odd company. So eh.

Anyways, sorry to drop this bad news.

red faction 4.98
hitman 2- 5.98
smuggler's run- 5.98
baulder's gate dark alliance- 5.48
XIII- 2.48!!!
these are all ps2, in valdosta georgia

Snagged a couple more this morning. I had to ask them if they were really green tagged, since I haven't seen any green tagged things for a looong time.

GC - R: Racing Evolution $1.50
XB - WWE RAW 2 $2

[quote name='lurknomore']It seems as if the Green Tag at 90% is officially done. I went to a TRU to see what was left, and there was mostly DC games but I did find 2 PS2 games that may have been returned. Anyhow, at the checkout counter with 2 PSone games and a PS2 game.....a lady comes rushing out of the offices saying that the Green Tags are no longer. That they were to remove the green sticker from everything remaining. The clerk asked, but the first game already rang up as PROMO....but as he was pricing the other games, the system returned the other two games to regular prices. I lucked out with just the one game at 90%, and left the store. Maybe this was an anomaly, but I specifically heard the fat and ornery lady say that the 90% clearance and green tag was over. This will probably be of little consequence as we've pretty much picked through them all nationwide...but news nonetheless, if can be re-affirmed by another.[/QUOTE]

Hmm, can anyone else confirm this? I saw some games that were green tagged before, but don't have the tags anymore. I'll try buying them tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back