The Toys R Us Clearance Thread: Itz now da Summa 2005

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gothic Walrus

CAGiversary!
Feedback
6 (100%)
With blessings from the big man himself...

The Toys R US clearance deals, much like the Target ones, are very YMMV. As a result of that - and the fact that the board is currently littered with TRU clearance sales - it's time to try something new.

The CAG Toys R Us Clearance Thread

The goal is to have this thread modeled after the current Target clearance thread (and its predecessor), so the basic rules are the same...

When posting what you have found, please note the location that you found it at, example:

Philadelphia, PA
Snyder Plaza

Game Name, System, Price

-----
This thread is for Clearance deals, not sale items or raincheck "scams"
Please Post City, State and Store (If City has many stores), game, system and price

Keep extraneous discussion to a minimum, as posts not pretating to clearance deals may be deleted by the mod crew.

-----
[quote name='shrike4242']If you hunt around through the forums and look for posts by tubtub and benboxer (our resident TRU folk), they've said that any TRU price ending in .98 can be a "variable" price, where one store has it for 5.98, while another has it for 7.98 and another for 3.98. The .98 is a "regional" price, for lack of a better term. Anything ending in .95 and .99 are chain-wide, from what I've seen from them.[/quote]

That should do it for the first post. Good luck, everyone!

[quote name='mcgavin27']red faction 4.98
hitman 2- 5.98
smuggler's run- 5.98
baulder's gate dark alliance- 5.48
XIII- 2.48!!!
these are all ps2, in valdosta georgia[/QUOTE]

The TRU in Tigard, OR has a clearance table set up in the Rzone with most of these games but with slightly different prices. These are all orange tagged clearance games and of course their prices don't match those quoted above NOR do they all match the actual orange tags - damn, TRU can be annoying. For example, HM2 is labelled $9.98 but scans $6.48. They also had SM and Red Faction (both $6.98 I think). No XIII for $2.48 (or any price) though.

I printed up some UPC codes for several games I thought they might have (I use this at Kmart and Target as well) and was going around the store trying to scan them. Their price scanners suck and you have to wave the paper around a long time to get just one to scan (thus I kept changing scanners). I noticed the employees eyeing me. Finally one came up as I was trying to scan my HM2 UPC and asked what I was doing. I told her that since every TRU has different prices and the prices marked for orange clearance games are almost never correct at a given store I am trying to see what things really are without having to bother the RZone guy. Sure enough just as she is watching I manage to get the scanner to work and show HM2 as $6.48. It was a perfect example to show her - I told her this one is labelled $9.98 so that's why I'm doing this! She left me alone after that. Maybe she thought I was some spy from another store comparing prices? I dunno - seems like if I was doing that I would just write down what their tags say and not bother with the UPCs.

[quote name='io']The TRU in Tigard, OR has a clearance table set up in the Rzone with most of these games but with slightly different prices. These are all orange tagged clearance games and of course their prices don't match those quoted above NOR do they all match the actual orange tags - damn, TRU can be annoying. For example, HM2 is labelled $9.98 but scans $6.48. They also had SM and Red Faction (both $6.98 I think). No XIII for $2.48 (or any price) though.

I printed up some UPC codes for several games I thought they might have (I use this at Kmart and Target as well) and was going around the store trying to scan them. Their price scanners suck and you have to wave the paper around a long time to get just one to scan (thus I kept changing scanners). I noticed the employees eyeing me. Finally one came up as I was trying to scan my HM2 UPC and asked what I was doing. I told her that since every TRU has different prices and the prices marked for orange clearance games are almost never correct at a given store I am trying to see what things really are without having to bother the RZone guy. Sure enough just as she is watching I manage to get the scanner to work and show HM2 as $6.48. It was a perfect example to show her - I told her this one is labelled $9.98 so that's why I'm doing this! She left me alone after that. Maybe she thought I was some spy from another store comparing prices? I dunno - seems like if I was doing that I would just write down what their tags say and not bother with the UPCs.[/QUOTE]
I have an old TRU that still uses the ticket system, but XIII's ticket was actually marked 2.48 reg. 49.99, but hitman 2 was out in a protective case on the shelf with a budget sticker of 19.99 and i took it to a scanner and got 5.98.
Red Faction is funny b/c it is a ticket for 19.99 but rings up 4.98. It is an awesome look on the cashier's face when they don't know why it rings up cheaper.

There was two copies of Sword of Mana at 10.48, Arc the Lad PS2 for 8.48, RE:Code Veronica X 8.48, and Samurai Warriors for 12.48. I snagged Code Veronica. This is in Westland,MI.

[quote name='kenshinx454']There was two copies of Sword of Mana at 10.48, Arc the Lad PS2 for 8.48, RE:Code Veronica X 8.48, and Samurai Warriors for 12.48. I snagged Code Veronica. This is in Westland,MI.[/QUOTE]

Interesting, my TRU had Code Veronica for the PS2 for $3.40. I bought the last copy but it's strange how some of the prices very from store to store.

Just got back from TRU and they had some "new" clearance stuff.
Picked up Everquest Online Adventures Frontiers for 3.30, and Primal for 1.50.

I asked about them since i knew they werent there before and the guy said they were probably just unpacked, and had been sitting in a box.

Double poster.....

by the way levi, is everquest online adventures any good? I've been looking at it, but, I want a second opinion.

i went to TRU a few days ago and they had found a box of XBOX Link/ethernet cables
in the back.. had a $7.50 green tag on them so i picked up a few for like .70 cents each.

anyone know if the XBOX link cables are just regular ethernet or are they "cross-over" cables?

[quote name='polaricecaves']i went to TRU a few days ago and they had found a box of XBOX Link/ethernet cables
in the back.. had a $7.50 green tag on them so i picked up a few for like .70 cents each.

anyone know if the XBOX link cables are just regular ethernet or are they "cross-over" cables?[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure they are cross-over cables

[quote name='Crios']Double poster.....

by the way levi, is everquest online adventures any good? I've been looking at it, but, I want a second opinion.[/QUOTE]
wtf is a double poster...

I was just at my toysrus and they still have a bunch of crap left from the green tag sale, only know it's back up in price. How do they think they're going to get rid of 20 copies of GT2 at $7 if they couldn't get rid of them at $2?

[quote name='mcgavin27']wtf is a double poster...[/QUOTE]
my guess is that it would be related to you making two short posts rather than just making them into one post
if you're going to do that, just edit the first post and add to it - if you've already done both, then copy the body of the second post into the first post, and delete the second post

[quote name='oleander']I was just at my toysrus and they still have a bunch of crap left from the green tag sale, only know it's back up in price. How do they think they're going to get rid of 20 copies of GT2 at $7 if they couldn't get rid of them at $2?

my guess is that it would be related to you making two short posts rather than just making them into one post
if you're going to do that, just edit the first post and add to it - if you've already done both, then copy the body of the second post into the first post, and delete the second post[/QUOTE]
thank you, i deleted my 2nd post.

Picked up a couple clearance titles in Bell, Ca

Castlevania LOI $4.48
Pitfall Lost Expedition $6.48
Arc the Lad Twilight of Spirits $4.98
Beyond Good & Evil $5.48.

All PS2, I noticed they were putting up new shelf stickers yesterday with the updated prices, so I don't know if all stores do it on the same date but it might be worth checking out your local store to see if some clearance prices have dropped.

[quote name='flaprabbit']Picked up a couple clearance titles in Bell, Ca

Castlevania LOI $4.48
Pitfall Lost Expedition $6.48
Arc the Lad Twilight of Spirits $4.98
Beyond Good & Evil $5.48.

All PS2, I noticed they were putting up new shelf stickers yesterday with the updated prices, so I don't know if all stores do it on the same date but it might be worth checking out your local store to see if some clearance prices have dropped.[/QUOTE]

Price drops always occur on Thursdays...whether the employees change the price tags or not, they ring up the new price.

[quote name='ericx']the only game with a green tag was and bought it.

ps1 syphon filter GH $1.61
salinas, ca[/QUOTE]

I actually stopped at this TRU on my way back to L.A. after visiting my parents in Sunnyvale, Ca I remember it was empty. Well I found a few items at the Fullerton, Ca store:

Wild Arms 3 PS2 $3
Legaia 2 PS2 $3
Wave Race GC $5
UFC Tapout Xbox $2
Intec PSone screen $10
Spyro 1 PS1 $1.50
Spyro 2 PS1 $1.50

All green tag items, they also had a Magical Mirror starring Mickey Mouse for $5, but it was an opened item.

they put out some new green tag games at the northgate TRU in seattle, all dc sports titles and some PS1. Got:

ps1 GT2 $.70
ps1 Syphon Filter $1.50

left another syphon filter and spyro 1 for $1.50... the clerk said he'd probably get more PS1 games in later

[quote name='fivecardstud']they put out some new green tag games at the northgate TRU in seattle, all dc sports titles and some PS1. Got:

ps1 GT2 $.70
ps1 Syphon Filter $1.50

left another syphon filter and spyro 1 for $1.50... the clerk said he'd probably get more PS1 games in later[/QUOTE]

It was random but we got a shipment of ps1 games and they're all green tagged. I know that we got over a dozen Gran Turismo 2 that are ringing up $.70 and some Spyros, Twisted Metal 3s, Syphon Filter, etc.

Enjoy em while they last.

Was at my TRU over the weekend and didn't see much in terms of clearance. All I saw was Resident Evil Code Veroncia X for PS2 for 8.48 (or something like that) and Sword of Mana for GBA for 11.48. Didn't pick up either...was hoping for some of what others have been posting about.

Stopped by one of my local TRUs and they still had some stuff green tagged. I picked up Rocket Power Beach Bandits for GCN for $1.99. They had Siphon Filter for PS1 for $1.99 I think and some guides (an old PS2 guide and XB guide - think they were for people first buying the console with tips on how to use them etc.) Not much else.

I lucked out yesterday. I went to TRU yesterday to see if there were any clearance games left, but they didn't have ANYTHING! I went up to the counter and it turned out they had a Zone of Enders: the 2nd Runner for PS2, but it was being held for somebody. I was actually looking for a good condition used copy of this game over the weekend.

I asked the clerk if he had any left and he said, no this is the only one. He looked at the hold sticker and the person who wanted it was a week late picking it up, so the clerk offered it to me if I wanted it. He rang it up and the price was 19.99.

I thought about it and told him I would take it (although I thought 19.99 was a bit much - especially at TRU). He totaled it out and it was 90% off. Rang up 2.16 after tax. Great day!!! Thanks all.

[quote name='galvatron2k1']I lucked out yesterday. I went to TRU yesterday to see if there were any clearance games left, but they didn't have ANYTHING! I went up to the counter and it turned out they had a Zone of Enders: the 2nd Runner for PS2, but it was being held for somebody. I was actually looking for a good condition used copy of this game over the weekend.

I asked the clerk if he had any left and he said, no this is the only one. He looked at the hold sticker and the person who wanted it was a week late picking it up, so the clerk offered it to me if I wanted it. He rang it up and the price was 19.99.

I thought about it and told him I would take it (although I thought 19.99 was a bit much - especially at TRU). He totaled it out and it was 90% off. Rang up 2.16 after tax. Great day!!! Thanks all.[/QUOTE]

Awesome find, Zone of Enders 2 was my first CAG purchase. Got it for $5 at Circuit City.

Zone of the Enders 2 is worth 20 bucks, espically for a used copy.

One of the best PS2 action games I've played... I found my copy at a pawn shop for about 10, a year or so ago.

My store also put out some PSX games recently (the usual suspects)

I picked up the last copy of

Syphon Filter & Twisted Metal III both GH

I really should have just gone with one of them instead of both as I only needed one to qualify for a coupon I had when I was buying TOS

Not really worth a trip but if your by a TRU it may be worth checking your store as I noticed some other ppl also mentioned recently that their store also got in some PSX games recently. I was talking to the one guy and it sounded like they were games they got in stock recently & not just games that were lost in the backroom that were found and put out on the shelf.

Sorry everyone new to CheapAssGamer, was wondering if someone could tell me where the games are for this clearance? Normally TRU has the tags that you take to the counter...for clearnace items is there a bin or do I ask an employee? thank you

[quote name='SenMemlid']Sorry everyone new to CheapAssGamer, was wondering if someone could tell me where the games are for this clearance? Normally TRU has the tags that you take to the counter...for clearnace items is there a bin or do I ask an employee? thank you[/QUOTE]

most TRUs have bin which you will have fun digging through...on the other hand, at the other TRU I go to, there is a table, where everything is layed out...

the clearance games arent hard to miss though...usually they are taggec with a green or red tag...sometimes you might lucky, and find something for cheap that doesn't have any tags at all!

Stopped by the TRU in Holland, MI today to pick up Baten Kaitos (no luck there, only had the "w/ bonus" edition that was $10 more) and ended up finding Sword of Mana for $9.98. I had been wanting that one for a while, so I was quite excited.

I picked up a copy of Alien Hominid (PS2) for $19.99 and was checking out the stock of what they had (I was really looking for a copy of Samurai Warriors) I notice at the store I was at that they had a green tagged copy of Bombastic for $19.99, but didn't think much of it...

Well after reading this thread just a little more closely, I thinking it just might be 90% off. I think I will make a run tomorrow and check. Does the correct price show up with a price check or do I have to actually have the game rung up? And are the orange tags games discounted as well?

[quote name='Joe Fongul']Does the correct price show up with a price check or do I have to actually have the game rung up? And are the orange tags games discounted as well?[/QUOTE]

Yeah if you check the price at a price scanner it'll show you the 90% discount. I may be wrong but I don't think Bombastic was 90% at any point but even if it ain't I would think that you could get it 90% off if they acidently put a green tag on it :)

IIRC I don't think the Orange tag game are discounted at all I think you usually see the $19.95 games with the orange tag or prices that end in .95

I just scored 2 brand new unopened copies of Vandal Hearts II for the Ps1 for $2.99 a piece. They had a bunch of GH FF Tactics.

[quote name='Joe Fongul']I picked up a copy of Alien Hominid (PS2) for $19.99 and was checking out the stock of what they had (I was really looking for a copy of Samurai Warriors) I notice at the store I was at that they had a green tagged copy of Bombastic for $19.99, but didn't think much of it...

Well after reading this thread just a little more closely, I thinking it just might be 90% off. I think I will make a run tomorrow and check. Does the correct price show up with a price check or do I have to actually have the game rung up? And are the orange tags games discounted as well?[/QUOTE]

If you have a price scanner in the R-Zone it should tell you the original price and the green tagged price all at once. example:

379802 Simpsons ast.
Was $9.99 Now $1.00

Something like that.

Oh yeah, one more thing...to my knowledge Bombastic was never green tagged. There is still a copy at my store...I'm pretty sure...it was randomly thrown in with other games. If it has a green tag on it they should be forced to honor it...especially if there are signs about the green tags...

ok, so i was cruising in manhattan and went inside a toys'r'us store to see if they do price matching for that burnout 3 from target, i go to the r-zone section, and what do i see? a big ass box filled from head to toe with amped 2{maybe more than 200 copies}. this was such a good deal that i wanted to get it, but i dont have an x-box, so i skipped it. any way, just letting all u cags the heads up.

For those of you who can find this game for $4.99, it is a great deal. This is by far my favorite snowboarding game, and one of my favorite xbox games in general. Definitely pick it up at this price. It is definitely better than Amped 1 for those who may be wondering.

Woohoo! Finally found some green tagged games at my TRU. My TRU hasn't had anything for months and today I got:

ATV Quad Power Racing 2 XB $2
Syphon Filter PS1 $1.50
Twisted Metal III PS1 $1.50

No guides though, they always pull them like they are supposed to. I told my TRU Game guy they do too good of a job, and I guess he felt sorry for me and pointed out the games they just got in that are green tagged.

[quote name='Scorch']Awesome, never played any other Syphon Filter except the first, but I loved that one.[/QUOTE]

Same here, that's the only one I've played, but spent many late nights playing it. Plus, I can't pass up a sealed game for $1.50. :bouncy:

[quote name='hotwls13']Woohoo! Finally found some green tagged games at my TRU. My TRU hasn't had anything for months and today I got:

ATV Quad Power Racing 2 XB $2
Syphon Filter PS1 $1.50
Twisted Metal III PS1 $1.50

No guides though, they always pull them like they are supposed to. I told my TRU Game guy they do too good of a job, and I guess he felt sorry for me and pointed out the games they just got in that are green tagged.[/QUOTE]

Wow.. picked up the EXACT SAME GAMES at my TRU today... and also got a GT2 for PS1 for 70 cents

Mentioned in the guide thread about stashing the guides I wanted to get them today (it was only 4 of them

Also picked up a pristine copy of star ocean

My total for 5 games, and 4 guides was 28 bucks even!!

Heres all the stuff I picked up from TRU a while back and few days ago...

$2.00 Devil May Cry
$1.00 Perfect Dark
$1.50 NFL 2K3
$2.50 Wipeout Fusion
$2.00 Road Trip
$9.99 Soul Calibur II
$1.50 Twisted Metal III
$1.50 Spyro the Dragon

And a buncha guides/GBA accesories/FM radio/cases I picked up for cheap. Also picked up a PS2 3D surround speaker set for like $8 but I think the guy messed up on prices...

The TRU videogame employee here (who I used to know from working there) told me ANOTHER green tag sale is starting in July, and that games will be 30% off to begin with.

Not sure if it was mentioned before, but I just wanted to give a heads up, since he's usually on top of every deal that goes on there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back