19 (100%)
garbage47eu.jpg

I won't be the one who's going to let you down
Maybe you'll get what you want this time around
I won't be the one who's going to let you down
Maybe you'll get what you want this time around
musicnote.gif

Shit yeah. :cool:

[quote name='dcfox']Pretty Hate Machine - 1989, what do you have to say about that :lol:[/quote]

I was only responding to the list. I love PHM, but it hasn't exactly aged well. fucking 80s beats. :roll: :lol:

[quote name='Tiphireth']Just... no. 'Once In a Lifetime' is unforgettable. :) [/quote]

I have no idea what the fuck you're talking about. :lol:

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']I've completely forgotten who Talking Heads were. They were either so horrible I blocked them out or not horrible enough to be memorable.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='supadupacheap']Thanks to subby for the idea. :D

Ill jazz up the OP in a bit.[/QUOTE]

Happy to be of service. :cool: :lol:

[quote name='zionoverfire'][/QUOTE]

Biter. :lol:

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']I have no idea what the fuck you're talking about. :lol:[/QUOTE]

it's the Talking Head's best song. Man, you kids are all stuck in 1990-Present. Get in touch with your past, man. :bouncy:

[quote name='zionoverfire'][/QUOTE]

That's MY trend. :bomb:

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']Biter. :lol:[/QUOTE]

Damn right he is. :evil:

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl'] I love PHM, but it hasn't exactly aged well. fucking 80s beats. :roll: :lol:
[/QUOTE]
Its still alot more listenable than the Fragile, IMO. I haven't heard their new album yet, but I'll still say PHM is better than it.

[quote name='zionoverfire']It's in honor of you?:bow:[/QUOTE]

Weeeeeell, seeing as I am the 'best CAG evar', I'll let it slide. :lol:

:cool:

:lol:

[quote name='dcfox']Its still alot more listenable than the Fragile, IMO. I haven't heard their new album yet, but I'll still say PHM is better than it.[/QUOTE]

I usually go for TDS first and Broken next, so neither one of them get as much play as they deserve. :lol:

The Fragile is great musically, if not lyrically. PHM though, as my first, holds a special place in my heart. 80s beats a shitty synths included. :lol:

[quote name='beerguy961']When I listen to music, I like to gloss over the 80s and move straight to the 60s and 70s...[/QUOTE]

Also good choices, although I maintain my total hatred of all Beatle's songs.

I have to do a movie review and I dont know what to pick between Gladiator, Kindom of Heaven, or Alexander. I'm leaning toward Gladiator because I've seen it before.

[quote name='DT778']I have to do a movie review and I dont know what to pick between Gladiator, Kindom of Heaven, or Alexander. I'm leaning toward Gladiator because I've seen it before.[/QUOTE]

Depends on what you're looking for:

Gladiator is a quality movie and while there are faults they aren't any major ones that every standard hollywood movie doesn't have.

Kingdom of Heaven is a good choice because it has both good and bad pieces to it and it tries for something more than just your ordinary action flick.

Alexander is great if you just want to trash the hell out of a movie, I have yet to sit through the whole movie and I've tried twice.

So in short if you want to write a review and demonstrate your ability to wieght the positive and negative aspects of a film I'd go with KoH.

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']I think we're the only two here who know and/or care. :lol: :cry:[/QUOTE]
The only two that know, no. The only two that care, yes. Garbage is meh, its not something I'd choose to listen to but if it was on I probably wouldn't mind.

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']Are they at a Whataburger or some shit? :lol:[/QUOTE]
:rofl: I dunno. Could be. Thats actually part of the charm of the pic (that its not all fabricated) and why I hung on to it.

And how the fuck could you have missed the giant ass mood ring on her finger? Or did you just reserve comment? :lol:

[quote name='supadupacheap']:rofl: I dunno. Could be. Thats actually part of the charm of the pic (that its not all fabricated) and why I hung on to it.

And how the fuck could you have missed the giant ass mood ring on her finger? Or did you just reserve comment? :lol:[/QUOTE]

I didn't notice. That background was too distracting. :lol:

[quote name='sixersballernum3']The hell? Sub's Audio XML thing is all fancy now.[/QUOTE]

Of course. :cool:

[quote name='sixersballernum3']The hell? Sub's Audio XML thing is all fancy now.[/QUOTE]

You seem to be a tad slow on the AudioXML info. :lol:

So unlike the man.

There's a guy in my physics class that looks like sub except skinnier and long hair. I watch to see if he'll whip out a laptop and start posting on CAG, but he never does....

[quote name='Tiphireth']You seem to be a tad slow on the AudioXML info. :lol:[/QUOTE]

Well, the assholes doesn't support WMP, so I don't use it. And I don't look at Sub's sig meuch, I have better things to do, like look at everyone's avatar to see if it has minutely changed for a Halloween theme. :lol:

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']Are you going to keep changing the lyrics in the OP, supa? :lol:[/QUOTE]
Well shouldnt it be relevant to the song referenced in the title.

An astute subby would have noticed instantly that the original lyric wasnt from the proper song. I just liked it for the OTT better. ;)

[quote name='zionoverfire']Depends on what you're looking for:

Gladiator is a quality movie and while there are faults they aren't any major ones that every standard hollywood movie doesn't have.

Kingdom of Heaven is a good choice because it has both good and bad pieces to it and it tries for something more than just your ordinary action flick.

Alexander is great if you just want to trash the hell out of a movie, I have yet to sit through the whole movie and I've tried twice.

So in short if you want to write a review and demonstrate your ability to wieght the positive and negative aspects of a film I'd go with KoH.[/QUOTE]

This is what I have to do

[font=arial,helvetica] Consider the following suggestions in writing your movie review:
1) Does the movie portray fictional or real characters?
2) Who were the major characters? Which actors portrayed them? Describe the role of these characters.
3) Were the characters a stereotype of people or groups in real life?
4. GIve a brief description of the plot.
5) Did the depiction of the events and characters provide a sense of realism about the historical period, or was history "Hollywoodized"?
6) Often, a film will tell you not only something about the people of the period depicted, but also something of the people around the time that the movie itself was produced. For example, Gone With the Wind portrays the attitudes and perspectives of Americans of the 1930s as well as white Southerners during and after the Civil War. See if you can describe the prevalent attitudes of the people who viewed the film during the era in which it was produced.
7) Most importantly, what did you learn about the period of history which provided the backdrop for the story? What id you learn about ancient or medieval societies and cultures. How do you know that the film presented an accurate portrayal of the subject matter?

If I do Gladiator:
1) fictional
2 - Maximus, King, and that guy who owns the glads
3 - dunno, probably the kick ass/warrior attitude.
4 -
5- probably the maximus chanting and everyone falling inlove with him could be considered hollywoodised
6-
7- They people loved great warriors.

[/font]

[quote name='beerguy961']So unlike the man.

There's a guy in my physics class that looks like sub except skinnier and long hair. I watch to see if he'll whip out a laptop and start posting on CAG, but he never does....[/QUOTE]
If it were really Sub, I don't think you should be paying to close of an attention to what he whips out. You just might lose an eye ;)

[quote name='beerguy961']So unlike the man.

There's a guy in my physics class that looks like sub except skinnier and long hair. I watch to see if he'll whip out a laptop and start posting on CAG, but he never does....[/QUOTE]

Sub doesn't have long hair? I thought he did. :whistle2:s

[quote name='dcfox']If it were really Sub, I don't think you should be paying to close of an attention to what he whips out. You just might lose an eye ;)[/QUOTE]
Are you speakng out of experience? ;) :lol: :puke:

[quote name='sixersballernum3']ub doesn't have long hair? I thought he did. :whistle2:s[/QUOTE]

I did too. Have said locks been severed?

I cut my hair a while back, it's about half as long as it was before.

[quote name='supadupacheap']Well shouldnt it be relevant to the song referenced in the title.

An astute subby would have noticed instantly that the original lyric wasnt from the proper song. I just liked it for the OTT better. ;)[/QUOTE]

Anything Garbage is acceptable. :lol:

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Are you speakng out of experience? ;) :lol: :puke:[/QUOTE]
Usually when Sub decides to whip it out, its only my brown eye that tends to get hit, so it isn't much of a problem ;) :booty:

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']I cut my hair a while back, it's about half as long as it was before.

Anything Garbage is acceptable. :lol:[/QUOTE]
Im going to have to disagree with you on that as Ive just spent the past 20 min. or so listening to Garbage ringtones and they all suck, hard.

Seriously, why do people put this crap on their phones?

[quote name='Tiphireth']I did too. Have said locks been severed?[/QUOTE]
zomg

PREPOSTEROUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']I cut my hair a while back, it's about half as long as it was before.

Anything Garbage is acceptable. :lol:[/QUOTE]

People keep telling me I should go get my haircut, I dob't think so though

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']I cut my hair a while back, it's about half as long as it was before.[/QUOTE]

So you don't look....like you used to in your av?

Nooo! Who have I been thinking of every time I read one of your posts? A mere shadow?!

(Disclaimer: When I do said thinking, it is fully clothed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back