The TV Show about the Parks and Recreation Dept. in Pawnee, IN

Hilarious episode as usual. Ben is such a dick to that poor accountant, he keeps taking the job and quitting non-stop, and his new/former boss already made a freakin' name tag.

It's....it's so beautiful.

baconandeggsNES.jpg

Great episode again last night. It was nice that they made Ron and Jerry's stories quite parallel to each other, as it celebrated their accomplishments. Ron's pride in his work and Jerry's optimism sure paid off, as both of them had a great night.

The last episode was excellent.

It really does nail home that Ben is totally vestigial as a character at this point though.

That Jamm is such a butthole.

I'm surprised they did manage to get Gingrich IN Indianapolis in the first place, even if it was for about 10 seconds. To tell the truth the scene didn't make me like him more, and I already don't have a high opinion of him in the first place. What they should've got was Andre Carson, or at least somebody in the local government. Oh well...

It was a pretty great episode as usual. How the hell can this show NOT win an award?

Everything Jonathan "John Redcorn" Joss did was hilarious. The dynamic of him being offended, suggesting an offensively-stereotypical action as retribution, demanding said action be done, and then getting offended again when someone agrees to it is so, so perfect.

The guy's story line was superior to Leslie's, since it was this very ...cozy thing that highlighted each character properly. That uniqueness is what sets this show apart from so many others. You don't just have a cast of assholes all trying to outdo each other, with dialogue that could be switched out between ANY character and no one would know the difference.

Not the best episode, but certainly a great one.

[quote name='detectiveconan16']I'm not even sure if they write Pratt's material or not sometimes, but his delivery is just amazing.[/QUOTE]

Not sure how relevant this is, but he was on an episode of Top Chef this season, and his attempts at humor didn't seem great. So I'm wondering if he is one of those people that just has amazing delivery but needs direction.

I enjoyed Pratt in Moneyball and I'm really looking forward to seeing how he is in Zero Dark Thirty. I'm always interested in seeing how actors fare when they're in a genre that is quite different from what they're typically known for.

[quote name='Strell']Not sure how relevant this is, but he was on an episode of Top Chef this season, and his attempts at humor didn't seem great. So I'm wondering if he is one of those people that just has amazing delivery but needs direction.[/QUOTE]

His delivery on the Top Chef episode seemed the same I thought he was funny off the cuff.

[quote name='neocisco']I enjoyed Pratt in Moneyball and I'm really looking forward to seeing how he is in Zero Dark Thirty. I'm always interested in seeing how actors fare when they're in a genre that is quite different from what they're typically known for.[/QUOTE]

He is literally in Zero Dark Thirty for like 5 minutes. About two hours in, I began to wonder when he would show up.

[quote name='detectiveconan16']I'm not even sure if they write Pratt's material or not sometimes, but his delivery is just amazing.[/QUOTE]

He improvs a lot. I watched the commentaries on the flu episode and this line was improv.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dXREEVpjloo

You can definitely tell in the blooper reels too.

Finally saw the latest episode, cause I was too busy watching Magnum, PI. (Hulu messes up the theme song for the show for some reason...)
Another excellent episode and it was funny as hell that it took Leslie eight hours to realize that no one human being could move that refrigerator, except maybe Fezzik. At least she realized where she could really send it.

I really don't understand the glasses part of an after-game press conference. How many players are actually far/near sighted? It just makes them look like Urkel instead of being snappily dressed gentlemen.

[quote name='Strell']This is a mini calzone.
This is LITERALLY a mini calzone.[/QUOTE] You spelled Litrally wrong.
Another fantastic episode. It's amazing how far this show has come since S1, which I still liked.

For any SoCal CAGs, Ron Swanson guy is doing his stand-up/spoken word comedy thing at the Largo at the Coronet in West Hollywood again in a couple weeks.

It's very funny at times, maybe a little uneven and definitely very left-leaning, but if you're interested, Google it or PM me and I'll give you the details.

I've just recently started to get into the show from an Aziz Ansari following. I have to say with Community this may be my new favourite sitcom

The scenes with all the guys have been amazing. And I don't think there's anyone in Hollywood I'd more like to sleep with than Aubrey Plaza.

[quote name='DestroVega']The scenes with all the guys have been amazing. And I don't think there's anyone in Hollywood I'd more like to sleep with than Aubrey Plaza.[/QUOTE]
While she's pretty high up the list for me, she's beaten by Kat Dennings.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']While she's pretty high up the list for me, she's beaten by Kat Dennings.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, her nude cell phone pics were pretty amazing.

[quote name='bburpee']For any SoCal CAGs, Ron Swanson guy is doing his stand-up/spoken word comedy thing at the Largo at the Coronet in West Hollywood again in a couple weeks.

It's very funny at times, maybe a little uneven and definitely very left-leaning, but if you're interested, Google it or PM me and I'll give you the details.[/QUOTE]

Really? Given his history and the fact that he plays Ron Swanson, I find that very surprising. Bit of an odd twist I guess.

Yeah, but everybody likes Ron not for his political beliefs.

Another fun episode, and it's sad that Ann won't consider using Chris's sperm, especially since their children would be supermen.

I do like April's storyarc, as it puts a tear to my eye how she's become so responsible by the episode.

[quote name='detectiveconan16']Yeah, but everybody likes Ron not for his political beliefs.

Another fun episode, and it's sad that Ann won't consider using Chris's sperm, especially since their children would be supermen.

I do like April's storyarc, as it puts a tear to my eye how she's become so responsible by the episode.[/QUOTE]

Ron Swanson wants less government involvement in his life. I like that quite a bit.

bread's done
Back