The Ultimate 'Build-A-PC' Thread. Complete With Pricings & Recommendations (06/06/10)

[quote name='mtxbass1']Anyone have any opinions on the Gigabyte ga-ep45-ud3p? I hear it's the messiah of all P45 boards, but if I'm not overclocking, then would there be another suitable option? All I need is a stable board that I can throw an E6400 on with a 9800GTX video card.[/QUOTE]
If you know you want a p45 board, just look at the cheaper p45 boards on newegg from a reputable company.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128372
There's a gigabyte p45 for 95$. 8/12 USB, 6 sata, 1 pata, 1 pci-e x16, 4 pci-e, 2 pci.
FSB 1600/1333MHz supported.

If you want to know what makes that other board better? Look at the specs, but don't get thrown off by things like:
FSB 1600/1333/1066/800 MHz
even though the slower speeds aren't listed on the "lesser" board, it can still support them.

Other things the extra money will get you:
firewire
an extra pci-e slot for crossfire
2 more sata ports
1 less pci-e slot

don't need that stuff? don't pay for it. but you'll have to look at the specs for each board to see what is missing what.

[quote name='crystalklear64']If you know you want a p45 board, just look at the cheaper p45 boards on newegg from a reputable company.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128372
There's a gigabyte p45 for 95$. 8/12 USB, 6 sata, 1 pata, 1 pci-e x16, 4 pci-e, 2 pci.
FSB 1600/1333MHz supported.

If you want to know what makes that other board better? Look at the specs, but don't get thrown off by things like:
FSB 1600/1333/1066/800 MHz
even though the slower speeds aren't listed on the "lesser" board, it can still support them.

Other things the extra money will get you:
firewire
an extra pci-e slot for crossfire
2 more sata ports
1 less pci-e slot

don't need that stuff? don't pay for it. but you'll have to look at the specs for each board to see what is missing what.[/QUOTE]

Hmm, I was looking at that board too. I can't decide which one to go with though. That lower end board will more than likely do just fine for me actually.

[quote name='sotc1988']Alright just one more dumb question from me. Now when you say upgrade mobo (motherboard?) and cpu, does that single part cover both of those areas or is there something separate that I need for the motherboard that goes specifically with the Phenom II X2?
And I'm going to start asking around in my work and friends circle to see if anyone can help me put this together but is there a resource for someone who couldn't be more clueless when it comes to assembling a pc?
EDIT: Oh yeah, one more thing...wi-fi? All the computers I use have it built in and what do I need for wi-fi when assembling?[/QUOTE]

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboDealDetails.aspx?ItemList=Combo.200020

That'll do it. The MoBo just has compatibility with the processor. The one I picked wasn't compatible with Phenom II but this combo will cover it.

How does this build look?

AMD Phenom II X4 940 Deneb 3.0GH
BIOSTAR TFORCE TA790GX 128M
http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboDealDetails.aspx?ItemList=Combo.200065 $279.98 (also has $10 MIR)

XFX ATI Radeon HD 4890 XT 1GB DDR5
https://www.ewiz.com/detail.php?name=XFX-4890XT#
$175 after coupon.

OCZ Reaper HPC 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1066 (PC2 8500) Dual Channel Kit Desktop
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820227289
$64.99 (also has $20 MIR)

ENCORE ENLWI-N PCI 2.3 Wireless Adapter
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833180052
$24.99

LG Black Blu-ray/HD DVD-ROM & 16X DVD±R DVD Burner SATA Model GGC-H20L - Retail
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16827136133
$109.99

Antec Nine Hundred Black Steel ATX Mid Tower
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811129021
$100

OCZ OCZ600MXSP 600W SLI/CrossFire Active Power Supply Retail
http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/ProductDetail.jsp?ProductCode=10009333
$69.99 (has $30 rebate)

Shipping - $20

Total price = $844.94 - $60 rebates (hopefully I get them) = $784.94.

I am going to hook this computer up to my 32" LCD TV as a media center. I will also use it for gaming. I already have a TV tuner I am going to put in it as well. What do you guys think? Seems pretty good for the price IMO..

I'm going to go with the GA-EP45-UD3R I think. I don't need crossfire support and it has just as many ports/features as the UD3P. Newegg has it on special right now for about $95 after rebate. Thx for the help here guys.

Oh, for anyone interested, Gigabyte has a comparison chart on their website that compares all their motherboards for all chipsets. It's pretty handy.

http://www.gigabyte.us/Products/Motherboard/Products_ComparisonSheet.aspx

i have the ep45-ud3r, no problems here. i like the bios and it makes overclocking a cinch (not that i do it, but could in a mater of seconds if i wanted)

[quote name='RAMSTORIA']i have the ep45-ud3r, no problems here. i like the bios and it makes overclocking a cinch (not that i do it, but could in a mater of seconds if i wanted)[/QUOTE]

It's in my cart to purchase in a few.

Anyone have any recommendations on either a USB or PCI-E Network adapter (802.11G) that works in 64bit Vista? I'm partial to linksys, but apparently they have no intentions of supporting the 64 bit OS.

Hmm, this thread seems like it would be pretty damn useful for me in the future. I'm thinking about building a PC for myself and using my HDTV as the monitor. Quick question: Should I be looking to build a gaming PC or an "HTPC"?

I'm thinking an HTPC would be the way to go, as I'd like to be able to watch Hi-Def content (not necessarily Blu's; I have a PS3) and have all my digital music in my room to play on my sound system. At the same time I really want to be able to play the top PC games again; my current computer was out of date back when I think Half-Life 2 came out. I'm not looking to run Crysis with everything maxed out and get a ridiculous frame-rate, but I'd like to at least be able to play it and future games with decent settings.

A lot of the stuff in the OP looks good, so maybe I'll have mess around on newegg a bit and see what I can find.

Oh, almost forgot! I'd like to spend no more than $1000, but $800 or less would be ideal.

[quote name='lolwut?']Hmm, this thread seems like it would be pretty damn useful for me in the future. I'm thinking about building a PC for myself and using my HDTV as the monitor. Quick question: Should I be looking to build a gaming PC or an "HTPC"?

Oh, almost forgot! I'd like to spend no more than $1000, but $800 or less would be ideal.[/QUOTE]

You are essentially building a 'gaming PC', just that you'll be using an HTPC case such as this Silverstone case (recommended in the original post). The real purpose to get this case is just to blend the PC into your other electronics in your entertainment center. The interior is similar to that of a mid tower ATX case, with spot for a full ATX power supply, ATX motherboard, and full height for video card.

I've built a computer that may match what you will be doing with your $800 budget: Linked.

Man, reading through this thread and then earlier opening up this POS PC I have to install a new ethernet card makes me realize how little that I know.

So when figuring the cost of these builds are things like
USB ports and ethernet cards added to it? Or is something like firewire more popular these days. I just think I'd prefer to have my desktop wired.

usb and ethernet are going to be included on the motherboard, you likely wont need to buy a seperate card unless you have a ton of things youre plugging in or want wifi. firewire is in a lot of mobos nowadays as well, but usb is still far more common and popular, you wont be buying a board that has 2 usb plugs and 4 firewire ones.

Ok have a (pretty much) finalized list thanks to hydro here:
http://secure.newegg.com/WishList/PublicWishDetail.aspx?WishListNumber=10347605
Just one more question, how do I make the computer read wi-fi signals? I use macs that always have built in receivers so I'm still wondering about this. Thanks and make sure you let me know if any of the parts are incompatible. Like I said, I'm clueless when it comes to pc's but want one very badly.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just want to thank everyone who is contributing to this thread. I built my current pc 3 years ago, but have completely fallen out of the loop (3-4 sockets since I built!?) and if I can scrounge money together, will be doing another build this summer, but likely in a year. Hopefully this thread will stay strong till then!

Thanks again to everyone!

[quote name='sotc1988']Ok have a (pretty much) finalized list thanks to hydro here:
https://secure.newegg.com/WishList/MySavedWishDetail.aspx?ID=10347605
Just one more question, how do I make the computer read wi-fi signals? I use macs that always have built in receivers so I'm still wondering about this. Thanks and make sure you let me know if any of the parts are incompatible. Like I said, I'm clueless when it comes to pc's but want one very badly.[/QUOTE]

Fixed link.

Your build looks pretty good for a $600 system (not counting the LCD). Everything looks fine so far. As for the wireless adapter, you can just get something like this Gigabyte PCI wireless adapter for $17.

[quote name='Staind204']I got all of my stuff except my PSU and Video Card. I can't wait to try this thing out![/QUOTE]

Let us know how it goes. BTW what parts did you get for your build?

[quote name='SOSTrooper']Let us know how it goes. BTW what parts did you get for your build?[/QUOTE]

I have them listed on page 3 of this thread, post #53 (the message is kinda long so I didn't want to post it again). I am basically looking to use this as an all-in-one type box hooked up to my TV. I am going to have it emulate systems up to the PS2 (will be nice not to have systems sitting around everywhere). I will also be playing PC games on it and watching movies (bought a HD DVD/Blu Ray combo drive). Lastly I am going to throw a TV tuner in it to have a DVR type setup. The only thing I really need now is an OS. I plan on putting the W7 RC 1 as my main OS for now (since its free) and I will also put Ubuntu on there. I'll let you guys know how well it performs...

Here's my next build, for a gaming system... (but I also run a virtual machine or two with VMware Server). I'm hoping to keep cost under $1000 and have some extra 750GB and optical drives to use for this. Newegg has some combo deals going with these items now that bring it to about $800 and I'll just need to add a case/PSU...

http://secure.newegg.com/WishList/PublicWishDetail.aspx?WishListNumber=14056648

Anyone have any opinions on this PSU?

CORSAIR CMPSU-400CX 400W

Currently my system is a gigabyte microATX mobo w/ onboard intel video, Pentium dual core 2.8, 1 HD, 1 optical drive w/ stock cooling.

I was hoping eventually to add a low to mid level video card for some gaming. Will this PSU be okay to power a video card as well? I went this Corsair over some other brands, even though it has a lower wattage rating and is more expensive, due to the brands reputation of quality.

[quote name='jlew']Anyone have any opinions on this PSU?

CORSAIR CMPSU-400CX 400W

Currently my system is a gigabyte microATX mobo w/ onboard intel video, Pentium dual core 2.8, 1 HD, 1 optical drive w/ stock cooling.

I was hoping eventually to add a low to mid level video card for some gaming. Will this PSU be okay to power a video card as well? I went this Corsair over some other brands, even though it has a lower wattage rating and is more expensive, due to the brands reputation of quality.[/QUOTE]

The power supply will be fine if you get a HD 4850 video card or 9800GT card. Anything faster will probably requirement at least a 450W or 500W power supply.

[quote name='tssgery']Here's my next build, for a gaming system... (but I also run a virtual machine or two with VMware Server). I'm hoping to keep cost under $1000 and have some extra 750GB and optical drives to use for this. Newegg has some combo deals going with these items now that bring it to about $800 and I'll just need to add a case/PSU...

http://secure.newegg.com/WishList/PublicWishDetail.aspx?WishListNumber=14056648[/QUOTE]

That's a pretty decent set up and the price is awesome.

untitled-11.jpg

Planning on getting this with an nvidia geforce 9800 gt and a 450W power supply for $850. Good deal?

I'm not actually planning on gaming on this thing, I need it for audio production... making audio for video games. So I need to be able to run the games, that's why I'm getting the 9800gt.

Anyone know where I can find some good speakers as well?

Eh...even with buying the OS and Works (by the way, look into Openoffice), that setup can be done for at least $100-150 less on your own, maybe even more.

But, I guess if you need it ready to go, then you could do worse.

Oh, and for speakers: Unless you want to shell out for some quality home theater equipment, I'd recommend the Klipsch Promedia 2.1 set, if you can find 'em. They're about the best multimedia speakers ever made. Just, please, don't buy any shitty Logitech speakers...

Ok, so I was wondering if I could get input on a computer build.

I am going to be building a computer to go to College this fall with. I am looking for something that ends up being about $600 AR, give or take some. But here the key part, I want a computer that will run a variety of OSes because of my major.

So does anybody have suggestions on good parts? I am hoping to run this list of OSes:

Windows XP
Windows 7
Ubuntu (Or other Linux distros)
Mac OSX
Solaris

I would like it so that I could play games on it, and also having having a huge HDD is gonna be key. Also, I want hardware that will run smoothly with all of those OSes.

So, suggestions anyone?

EDIT:

Also, I already have a 500W Antec PSU, Monitor and Sound Card. So those costs won't need to be added in.

[quote name='Arcturiang']
untitled-11.jpg

Planning on getting this with an nvidia geforce 9800 gt and a 450W power supply for $850. Good deal?

I'm not actually planning on gaming on this thing, I need it for audio production... making audio for video games. So I need to be able to run the games, that's why I'm getting the 9800gt.

Anyone know where I can find some good speakers as well?[/QUOTE]
Then you're gonna want a decent sound card. Highly recommend M-Audio. Don't know how serious you are, but the Delta 66 is fantastic.

[quote name='darthbudge']Ok, so I was wondering if I could get input on a computer build.

I am going to be building a computer to go to College this fall with. I am looking for something that ends up being about $600 AR, give or take some. But here the key part, I want a computer that will run a variety of OSes because of my major.

So does anybody have suggestions on good parts? I am hoping to run this list of OSes:

Windows XP
Windows 7
Ubuntu (Or other Linux distros)
Mac OSX
Solaris

I would like it so that I could play games on it, and also having having a huge HDD is gonna be key. Also, I want hardware that will run smoothly with all of those OSes.

So, suggestions anyone?[/QUOTE]

to build a hackintosh check for compatible parts here.

http://wiki.osx86project.org/wiki/index.php/Main_Page

even if you get all compatible parts its still a bit of work to get OSX running. the others shouldnt be much of a problem

[quote name='RAMSTORIA']theres a build on the OP for an $800 pc which is a better build (and cheaper), but theres no vista

http://secure.newegg.com/WishList/PublicWishDetail.aspx?WishListNumber=13864168[/QUOTE]

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']Eh...even with buying the OS and Works (by the way, look into Openoffice), that setup can be done for at least $100-150 less on your own, maybe even more.

But, I guess if you need it ready to go, then you could do worse.

Oh, and for speakers: Unless you want to shell out for some quality home theater equipment, I'd recommend the Klipsch Promedia 2.1 set, if you can find 'em. They're about the best multimedia speakers ever made. Just, please, don't buy any shitty Logitech speakers...[/QUOTE]

Note that I don't have a clue as to how to build a computer. It has to be premade; I can replace or add parts, but anything more is beyond my ability.

[quote name='crystalklear64']Then you're gonna want a decent sound card. Highly recommend M-Audio. Don't know how serious you are, but the Delta 66 is fantastic.[/QUOTE]

Well whatever audio interface I get (probably either a Firebox or an Eiderol UA26), I'll use that as the sound card. There's no point in getting another one, the integrated's just the one that came free.

[quote name='Arcturiang']Note that I don't have a clue as to how to build a computer. It has to be premade; I can replace or add parts, but anything more is beyond my ability.[/QUOTE]

But, adding parts is really all that there is to building a computer...

[quote name='Arcturiang']Note that I don't have a clue as to how to build a computer. It has to be premade; I can replace or add parts, but anything more is beyond my ability.

Well whatever audio interface I get (probably either a Firebox or an Eiderol UA26), I'll use that as the sound card. There's no point in getting another one, the integrated's just the one that came free.[/QUOTE]

if you can add parts you can build a computer. its really not that hard. screw in the mobo, matching up the wires from the case and PSU is a lot simpler nowadays, they are spelled out very clearly now, pop in the processor and ram. and plug in the cards. im over simplifying, but not by much. but seriously, if you can swap out video cards and ram youre more than half way there.

[quote name='sotc1988']So all the cheaper optical drives are out of stock from the list on the front page and I was hoping someone could update it with other suggestions around that price range. Thank you.

And wondering which of these is better.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814102810
or
http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/...466193-1225267-u0t1408995f0fp0c0s558#Overview

The dell one after rebate and coupons is only 129.99. Thanks for putting up with my questions.[/QUOTE]

This Samsung DVD Burner seems to be back in stock, for $24.99. As for the video card, I think the 4870 512MB is slightly faster than the GTX 260. It's not by much, and its $10 mroe than the GTX 260. I don't think you'll go wrong with either card, both are exceptional upgrades. If I have to pick one though, I'll pick the 4870.

[quote name='Arcturiang']Note that I don't have a clue as to how to build a computer. It has to be premade; I can replace or add parts, but anything more is beyond my ability.[/QUOTE]
No, it's really not beyond your ability. I built my first and only rig 5 years ago (mostly based on an online friend's recommendations), with no experience and pretty much just my mobo and case manuals to go by. And as a testament to how easy it was to get it right, it's still running well even now, even without regular maintenance (dusted out only once or twice in a house with 3 cats, never defragged the hard drive nor reinstalled the OS). I expected something to have crapped out in it by now, which is why I got the extended warranty on most of the parts which I now regret. Granted, I poured over it for the majority of a day making sure everything I did was right, and then got freaked out when it wouldn't start up, only to realize I'd left the PSU's switch off.

If you get a retail case and motherboard, they should tell you everything you don't know already (namely how to put the board in and where each wire goes), and that FAQ on the first page is also pretty descriptive and I plan to have that pulled up on my bro's laptop while I assemble my new machine.

I guess the difference between replacing parts and building a whole computer from scratch is that when you replace, you have an idea how it looked like before. Say if you replace a video card, you just disconnect any cable attached to it, unscrew the card, push on the lever and pull the card out. Then you basically do the reverse to place a new card back into the same position, with same cable going in, and the same screw going back into the bracket. While building a computer from ground up means there is no reference and basically requires you to already have a good mental image of what the computer looks like, down to every single screw and cable. It CAN be difficult for people who have no idea what inside a computer looks like without referring to many pictures or another computer.

I would say for anyone who doesn't have an idea how to build, to read many of the available tutorials (with pictures or videos, that is a must) that are online, get a feel of it first. Then make the decision on whether to have the computer built by someone or yourself if you feel like you can handle it. And like Shinpachi said, you will most likely want to have a laptop or another computer handy to go online when you're stuck during the building process.

Oh, there is no one manual that comes with the computer parts that will tell you how to put the computer together. You'll have, instead, 6 or 7 different manuals on how to put each part into the computer.

Hey I'm looking to build something similar to the $600 Droenixjpn's Phenom 9600 + 4870 Build.

My hesitation was that the mobo says " Due to AMD CPU limitation, DDR2 1066 is supported by AM2+/AM3 CPU for one DIMM per channel only."

So, I would be okay running 4gb of ram in 1066, right? 2gb in each channel? but if I wanted to go up I would have to go with 800?

Is 800 a big set back for newer games?

EDIT: I think if i spend a few extra bucks and go with this mobo then my problem is solved, no? This will also allow to me to easily upgrade to a phenom II when I have the money and feel the need?

How's this (audio production rig that needs to be able to play all games): https://secure.newegg.com/WishList/MySavedWishDetail.aspx?ID=7060389

$785 after rebate without tax.

I have XP, but this doesn't have Vista, which I need (allows higher specs than XP, but Vista is compatable with drivers and stuff that the 7 beta isn't). Is Newegg the cheapest Vista, as well?

Edit: Apparently other people can't see this, even though it's shared. Here are all the parts:

[quote name='HowStern']Hey I'm looking to build something similar to the $600 Droenixjpn's Phenom 9600 + 4870 Build.

My hesitation was that the mobo says " Due to AMD CPU limitation, DDR2 1066 is supported by AM2+/AM3 CPU for one DIMM per channel only."

So, I would be okay running 4gb of ram in 1066, right? 2gb in each channel? but if I wanted to go up I would have to go with 800?

Is 800 a big set back for newer games?

EDIT: I think if i spend a few extra bucks and go with this mobo then my problem is solved, no? This will also allow to me to easily upgrade to a phenom II when I have the money and feel the need?[/QUOTE]

Yes that motherboard would be a better choice for future upgrade purpose. You're right about the other motherboard that was in the sample build. You cannot run 4 pieces of DDR2 in 1066MHz, it will likely downgrade to 800MHz when you have 4 pieces running. In the real world testing and usage, you cannot tell the difference between memories running at 800MHz vs 1066MHz. You'll only see the difference in benchmark numbers. So having 800MHz is definitely not a set back for games. 800MHz is the standard for gaming now for DDR2.

[quote name='Arcturiang']How's this (audio production rig that needs to be able to play all games): http://secure.newegg.com/WishList/PublicWishDetail.aspx?WishListNumber=7060389

$785 after rebate without tax.

I have XP, but this doesn't have Vista, which I need (allows higher specs than XP, but Vista is compatable with drivers and stuff that the 7 beta isn't). Is Newegg the cheapest Vista, as well?
[/spoiler][/QUOTE]

Working link here.

The system looks good.

Hey guys, my system is doing well and fine. However, according to SpeedFan, it's running really hot.

My CPU and cored are under great temps (~35C), but my system apparently is at ~120C (O_O). How can I cool this system off? Should I buy a new case fan? Or maybe buy a couple small fans to put around my case?

[quote name='SOSTrooper']Yes that motherboard would be a better choice for future upgrade purpose. You're right about the other motherboard that was in the sample build. You cannot run 4 pieces of DDR2 in 1066MHz, it will likely downgrade to 800MHz when you have 4 pieces running. In the real world testing and usage, you cannot tell the difference between memories running at 800MHz vs 1066MHz. You'll only see the difference in benchmark numbers. So having 800MHz is definitely not a set back for games. 800MHz is the standard for gaming now for DDR2.
[/QUOTE]

Awesome, thanks for the help! I have one more question and would def love to hear what you think. This is what I am thinking of going with as a whole

http://secure.newegg.com/WishList/PublicWishDetail.aspx?WishListNumber=8815514

I was wondering if the 500w power supply that comes with the case will be sufficient? Or if you see any other problems with the setup overall?

The OP should be updated with the Bing promotion. Make an account on Bing.com (Microsoft's Google), go to "cashback stores", "N's", "Newegg"...

When you click the link a page will come up saying that your cashback is now active... it won't show up in the cart, but about 10 minutes after you order you'll get an email saying you have cashback from bing...

Newegg's cashback rate constantly fluctuates between 2 and 3 percent; right now it's 2.5% off. A lot when you're getting gaming PCs.

[quote name='HowStern']Awesome, thanks for the help! I have one more question and would def love to hear what you think. This is what I am thinking of going with as a whole

http://secure.newegg.com/WishList/PublicWishDetail.aspx?WishListNumber=8815514

I was wondering if the 500w power supply that comes with the case will be sufficient? Or if you see any other problems with the setup overall?[/QUOTE]

If I have to be worried about something, I'll probably more worried about the quality of the power supply rather than the wattage. A decent 500W will run the system fine, but a cheaply built power supply tends to go out more quickly/often than a high quality power supply. It is going to be a risk, most of the time a cheap power supply will last, even when powering a hungry system with a monster video card. So if you can fork out an extra $50, I would get a better power supply (see the original post for recommendations) and possibly another case (if you want). If money is tight, the case+500W in the wishlist is adequate.

Well, finally ordered everything after putting it off a bit while my mac was in the shop just to make sure I could afford everything, and it all came out to ~ $839. That's with a monitor, keyboard, wifi receiver, I basically needed it all. Luckily I was able to save 50 bucks on the acer monitor by buying it off staples (which already had a discount from newegg) and with a $25 off coupon. After the rebates and live cashback I'll be able to bring that down to $746. It took a long time to think about and I definitely winced clicking 'submit order' but I want to thank everyone here for your help. I'm sure I'll be back and I hope it all goes smoothly when putting it together. Wish me luck!

[quote name='SOSTrooper']If I have to be worried about something, I'll probably more worried about the quality of the power supply rather than the wattage. A decent 500W will run the system fine, but a cheaply built power supply tends to go out more quickly/often than a high quality power supply. It is going to be a risk, most of the time a cheap power supply will last, even when powering a hungry system with a monster video card. So if you can fork out an extra $50, I would get a better power supply (see the original post for recommendations) and possibly another case (if you want). If money is tight, the case+500W in the wishlist is adequate.[/QUOTE]

Nice, yeah I think I will do that. Another thing I wasn't liking about that PSU was that a lot of reviewers were saying the SATA plugs were so close together they couldn't separate enough to power both a HDD and Optical drive.

[quote name='Moxio']Hey guys, my system is doing well and fine. However, according to SpeedFan, it's running really hot.

My CPU and cored are under great temps (~35C), but my system apparently is at ~120C (O_O). How can I cool this system off? Should I buy a new case fan? Or maybe buy a couple small fans to put around my case?[/QUOTE]

120C? that cant be possible. its either an error with the reading or its 120F.

it has to be misreading the temp. if it was 120C your pc wouldnt be running. run your PC for a bit, play some games and then restart and check your BIOS. some BIOS have temp readings some dont.

bread's done
Back