The Ultimate 'Build-A-PC' Thread. Complete With Pricings & Recommendations (06/06/10)

[quote name='SpecTrE3353']They have computers and electricity in Canada...??[/QUOTE]

Is USA still letting
Pedophilias use the internet?...ha ha ha silly me, I mean the people of PA.:hot:

I'm sure most of you guys are aware of this, but most of the Newegg pc kits come with Rosewill power supplys. I just bought an i5 kit off them a few weeks ago, and the power supply failed after about a week. I had a big problem getting it replaced (Newegg was more than will to swap it for another of the same model, but I had to complain to get them to take care of shipping cost), and was without a pc for a couple weeks because of it. If you're planning on building a new PC, the Newegg kits are pretty good, just plan on buying a replacement power supply for it.

Seems like that might nullify the savings out of buying a kit in the first place... a nice PSU is what? At least $100? I usually buy Antec for the reliability but they aren't cheap.

I think I need to downgrade my PSU lol. 850W.... It's way to big for this little case, and it really destroys my cable management...

I may just have to buy a new GPU and Case for my Birthday. Hmm... I'm using an Antec 300 case, not that great for me right now. :/ Anyone have any recommendations for a case that is bigger?

[quote name='Droenixjpn']I think I need to downgrade my PSU lol. 850W.... It's way to big for this little case, and it really destroys my cable management...

I may just have to buy a new GPU and Case for my Birthday. Hmm... I'm using an Antec 300 case, not that great for me right now. :/ Anyone have any recommendations for a case that is bigger?[/QUOTE]

depends what you want it to fit. if you want it quiet or high airflow.
im very happy with my haf 922, if you can still get the cm sniper for just over $100 thats a ridiculous deal.
the lian li k62 looks outstanding but has really tight fitment with the 5800 series cards.

there are a ton of cases out there.

depends what you want and what your price point is.

I think it was a like $80 PSU I got with the kit. They removed the item from thier website after I complained, cause alot of people were having the same problem as me. It's actually a pretty nice PSU, 700W, crossfire support, LOTS of plugs, and it runs really quiet. It just isnt reliable from my experience.

Yeah, I think it did nullify the savings, but at the time I didnt know how crappy the PSU was. But in any case it works now, and I have a pretty decent gaming rig for like $600

http://secure.newegg.com/WishList/PublicWishDetail.aspx?WishListNumber=18300048
This is my recent $800 pc build that I just bought on newegg
Less than $800 after s&h and mail in rebates

Case 79.99
COOLER MASTER Storm Scout SGC-2000-KKN1-GP Black Steel / Plastic ATX Mid Tower Computer Case

PSU 79.99 (49.99 MIR) ($5 off w/ promo code EMCYPNP43, ends 3/29)
OCZ StealthXStream OCZ700SXS 700W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready Active PFC Power Supply

Mobo 119.99 (109.99 MIR)
ASUS M4A79XTD EVO AM3 AMD 790X ATX AMD Motherboard

Processor 159.99
AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition Deneb 3.2GHz 4 x 512KB L2 Cache 6MB L3 Cache Socket AM3 125W Quad-Core Processor

GPU 154.99 (144.99 MIR)
POWERCOLOR PCS+ AX5770 1GBD5-PPG Radeon HD 5770 1GB 128-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 CrossFireX Support Video Card

Mem 124.99 (104.99 MIR)
OCZ AMD Black Edition 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model OCZ3BE1600C8LV4GK

HDD 54.99
Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 ST3500418AS 500GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive

ODD 23.99 ASUS Black 24X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 12X DVD+R DL 24X DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 12X DVD-RAM 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-R 32X CD-RW 48X CD-ROM 2MB Cache SATA 24X DVD Burner - Bulk - OEM

The total is 798.92 (+ 18.99 shipping only for the case)
747.91 is the final total after shipping and mail in rebates

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm thinking about upgrading my graphics card.

What would be my best choice without breaking the bank? I would prefer to stick with Nvidia and whatever card I get has to have a HDMI port on it.

I currently have:

Intel Core 2 Duo @ 3.00 Ghz
3 GB of RAM
ASUS GeForce 8600 GT 512MB

Unfortunately, right now really isn't the time to be looking at anything from Nvidia. They're beaten by ATI at just about every price since they discontinued the GTX 200 cards. The only Nvidia based upgrade to your card that isn't overpriced or unavailable would be the GTS 250 which performs close to the Radeon 4850 for around the same price.

If you still want to stick with Nvidia, I'd recommend going for something like this: Gigabyte GeForce GTS 250 1GB - $119.99 ($99.99 MIR)

If you don't mind going with ATI and paying a little more, there's the Radeon 5770's which will give you a bigger boost in performance. Something like this would be good: HIS Radeon 5770 1GB - $149.99

[quote name='Mid Boss']Unfortunately, right now really isn't the time to be looking at anything from Nvidia. They're beaten by ATI at just about every price since they discontinued the GTX 200 cards. The only Nvidia based upgrade to your card that isn't overpriced or unavailable would be the GTS 250 which performs close to the Radeon 4850 for around the same price.

If you still want to stick with Nvidia, I'd recommend going for something like this: Gigabyte GeForce GTS 250 1GB - $119.99 ($99.99 MIR)

If you don't mind going with ATI and paying a little more, there's the Radeon 5770's which will give you a bigger boost in performance. Something like this would be good: HIS Radeon 5770 1GB - $149.99[/QUOTE]

It has been years since I've used ATI but did they improve their drivers since then?

[quote name='Sporadic']It has been years since I've used ATI but did they improve their drivers since then?[/QUOTE]

well from my understanding theyre still not awesome but theyre significantly better thn they were years ago. I remember them being a monumental pain in the ass to remove if you had an ati card and replaced it with a nvidia.

like mentioned above now isnt the time to buy a nvidia card. new stuff is right here and old stuff is outperformed by cheaper ati cards.

[quote name='Vulcan2422']I was wondering if you CAG's could help me out with building a frag box. I want it to have at least 2 gigs of memory, a decent graphics card, and of course a good processor. Do you CAG's think you could help me build one for around 400 or so?[/QUOTE]

tall order. not sure what type of games you want to play. i threw this together, its a microatx board, the case has a handle for easy transportation.

$535

http://secure.newegg.com/WishList/PublicWishDetail.aspx?WishListNumber=10701394

[quote name='Sporadic']I'm thinking about upgrading my graphics card.

What would be my best choice without breaking the bank? I would prefer to stick with Nvidia and whatever card I get has to have a HDMI port on it.

I currently have:

Intel Core 2 Duo @ 3.00 Ghz
3 GB of RAM
ASUS GeForce 8600 GT 512MB[/QUOTE]

Mid Boss has the right recommendations. In the $100 - $150 range, your best bets right now are the nVidia GTS 250 (~$110), ATI 5750 (~$120), or the ATI 5770 (~$150). You should have no problem finding those cards with native HDMI ports. And I don't think any of those cards will require any power supply upgrade since they draw relatively low power. Any half-way decent 500W or quality 400W PSU will run them fine.

If you can wait about a month or two, nVidia will release the more inexpensive Fermi 400 series cards (like the 410, 420...all the way to 460) to fill all the price ranges. The high end Fermi GTX 470 ($350) and GTX 480 ($500) are out now, but too expensive for budget gamers. I believe they'll be competitive to what ATI is already offering now. So if you NEED a budget gaming card now, just get any ATI card you can afford. If you'd rather stick with nVidia, I would try waiting a month to see what low cost offering will nVidia have for the budget market.

[quote name='Sporadic']It has been years since I've used ATI but did they improve their drivers since then?[/QUOTE]

I haven't had any issues with them with my 4850. They're definitely better than what I used to deal with back when I had a 9800 pro.

[quote name='SOSTrooper']
If you can wait about a month or two, nVidia will release the more inexpensive Fermi 400 series cards (like the 410, 420...all the way to 460) to fill all the price ranges. The high end Fermi GTX 470 ($350) and GTX 480 ($500) are out now, but too expensive for budget gamers. I believe they'll be competitive to what ATI is already offering now. So if you NEED a budget gaming card now, just get any ATI card you can afford. If you'd rather stick with nVidia, I would try waiting a month to see what low cost offering will nVidia have for the budget market.[/QUOTE]

I think one to two months is an awfully optimistic estimate for us to be seeing cut down Fermi cards. The GTX 480 and 470s aren't even going to be available for another couple of weeks and they're going to be in short supply. I wouldn't expect to see the mid range cards to hit and be widely available until June or July at the earliest.

[quote name='RAMSTORIA']tall order. not sure what type of games you want to play. i threw this together, its a microatx board, the case has a handle for easy transportation.

$535

http://secure.newegg.com/WishList/PublicWishDetail.aspx?WishListNumber=10701394[/QUOTE]

Not to bad. I like the little Frag Box lol thing :p

I can get rid of the 2 gigs of ram since I have 240 pin DDR2 sticks just sitting in the my desktop I'm not using. I could probably run my 250 GB HDD right? That would save me money on buying an OS, but I would need to somehow buy Media Center since it will be my HTPC/Frag box.

Is that PSU going to be enough? Also, I was looking at Blu-Ray Drives. Would that run good with that graphics card?

I was wondering how this was?

https://secure.newegg.com/WishList/MySavedWishDetail.aspx?ID=12655905

[quote name='Vulcan2422']Not to bad. I like the little Frag Box lol thing :p

I can get rid of the 2 gigs of ram since I have 240 pin DDR2 sticks just sitting in the my desktop I'm not using. I could probably run my 250 GB HDD right? That would save me money on buying an OS, but I would need to somehow buy Media Center since it will be my HTPC/Frag box.

Is that PSU going to be enough? Also, I was looking at Blu-Ray Drives. Would that run good with that graphics card?

I was wondering how this was?

https://secure.newegg.com/WishList/MySavedWishDetail.aspx?ID=12655905[/QUOTE]

the PSU is fine for the system. you could certainly get rid of the ram and use another hdd no problem. and the video card will work just fine for decoding blu ray movies.

cant see your wish list, its private, not public

edit: heres the public url

http://secure.newegg.com/WishList/PublicWishDetail.aspx?WishListNumber=12655905

thats a VERY barebones system. if you just want to stream movies, music etc, thats more than fine. but depending on what games youre planning on paying youll need to replace at least a few parts.

I really want to run the new Star Wars MMO (no idea on the specs), APB, Battlefield 1943, and some other games of course. I was looking for a PC I could just always have pluged in and with the push of the button, or keyboard It would just on. I'm learning and new to this so don't mind my noobness. I lost touch with todays technology really so any help is appreciated. Also, I was wondering if any Micro ATX case would be ok? Could I get a case with a 300w power supply or should I at least be looking for a 500w power supply? I'm on a tight budget really, around $400 with of course cheaper being better but now always the best for computer stuff.

its hard to speculate what the star wars mmo will be at. i really havent heard how hard itll push machines. the main concern with the power supply is your cpu and video card, depending on what you have in your machine you might be able to get away with a $300. you said you already have a hard drive you could use, and 2 gb of ram that will save you a $100 or so dollars. if you want to stay cheap, go with ATI for your mobo/cpu and ATI for your video card, they are generally cheaper than intel/nvidia products. ill take a look on new egg and see if i can throw something together closer to your budget. also, id just forget the idea of blu ray for now, youll probably spend at least $70 for the drive, whereas you can get a dvd for $20. brd/dvd are easy to swap out, so you can always upgrade later easily.

[quote name='Vulcan2422']I really want to run the new Star Wars MMO (no idea on the specs), APB, Battlefield 1943, and some other games of course. I was looking for a PC I could just always have pluged in and with the push of the button, or keyboard It would just on. I'm learning and new to this so don't mind my noobness. I lost touch with todays technology really so any help is appreciated. Also, I was wondering if any Micro ATX case would be ok? Could I get a case with a 300w power supply or should I at least be looking for a 500w power supply? I'm on a tight budget really, around $400 with of course cheaper being better but now always the best for computer stuff.[/QUOTE]

Stars Wars MMO FAQ

While we don’t have the minimum system requirements available just yet, the goal is to make the game playable on most PCs.

I think they will be making a minimum system settings in the lower $500 to $800 dollars for average PC users. The real question is 'What OS they will be supporting?'

Most likely it will be Vista and up. Those that are into this game will hope for XP.

[quote name='RAMSTORIA']its hard to speculate what the star wars mmo will be at. i really havent heard how hard itll push machines. the main concern with the power supply is your cpu and video card, depending on what you have in your machine you might be able to get away with a $300. you said you already have a hard drive you could use, and 2 gb of ram that will save you a $100 or so dollars. if you want to stay cheap, go with ATI for your mobo/cpu and ATI for your video card, they are generally cheaper than intel/nvidia products. ill take a look on new egg and see if i can throw something together closer to your budget. also, id just forget the idea of blu ray for now, youll probably spend at least $70 for the drive, whereas you can get a dvd for $20. brd/dvd are easy to swap out, so you can always upgrade later easily.[/QUOTE]

Cool Cool. I mean the main thing for me is the case honestly. I want a micro atx case but not one for 90 or so. I could do a dvd and swap out when I feel like I'm ready for the brd or have the money for it.

Alright, well I need some PC help; not building a new one entirely (at least I hope not), but picking out some parts. I've never really built a PC on my own before; I know how to install harddrives, video cards, and RAM sticks, but I don't really have any experience with installing CPUs or picking out motherboards.

So, recently I had to start using my spare PC, as the original is no longer available. I thought it could be turned into a decent PC, but now it looks like that's going to cost a good chunk of change for that to happen. I have a couple spare parts I can use to beef it up, but unfortunately, that means I'll have to buy some other parts. I'll get right down to it; here are my current specs (as best as I could give them) and the spare parts I have:

Windows XP Home Service Pack 3

Micro-Star MS-7071 Mobo

Intel Pentium 4 3.0 Ghz

Creative Sound Blaster Audigy 2 SB0350

40GB PATA Harddrive

Codegen Model 300XA1 350W? PSU

nVidia GeForce MX 440 w/ AGP 8x

768mb of RAM:

PC3200 512MB DDR 400
1 Bank, 64MX8
P/N: D32PA12H

ProMos Technology
V826632K24SATG-C0
256MB DDR-333MHz - CL2.5
PC2700U=253-0-A0

Spare parts:

Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 250GB SATA HD

Diamond ATi Radeon HD4650 PCI-E (R73B) DDR2 1GB

WinFast NF4SK8AA Mobo (Pretty sure I can't use this at all; meant for AMD processors and has nForce4 SLI chipset)

I'm pretty sure I'll need a beefier PSU, and the motherboard in there right now doesn't support PCI-E graphics cards or (from what I can tell) SATA hard drives. I don't know anything about the case besides the fact that is small and can't house both the hard drive it currently has and my spare Maxtor 250GB PATA, although I think that is shot now, so it doesn't really matter. From what I can gather, I'll definitely need the following (please correct me if I'm wrong):

New motherboard (Would this one work? I saw it in a Newegg clearance thread)
New PSU
Newer/more RAM

I'm hoping I can get this PC into a decent state for $300 or less; I wasn't really looking to spend a lot, but right now it sucks as even a music and internet machine; my music from my recently deceased external hard drive would take up half of the 40GB hard drive alone. Also, it apparently doesn't even have a drive that can read, let alone burn, DVD media.

I'm not looking to run Crysis or anything, I just want a better PC that can run newer games on low settings and watch HD video without chugging. I hope I've put enough in here for you guys to help me out, and anything you can tell me would be greatly appreciated. If I need to provide any other info (like PC case dimensions), I'll do my best.

Oh, one last thing about motherboards; when installing a new one, would it work right away ala plugging in a new sound/video card? Or would I have to reinstall Windows and everything from scratch?

^^^ You'll need a new motherboard, CPU, RAM, power supply, case, and DVD burner. Your CPU is very outdated and will not work on newer motherboards as the socket types are different. $300 is not going to get you far; with that budget you're better off upgrading to AMD processor and AMD motherboard.

CPU: AMD Athlon II X3 425 2.7GHz - $70
Motherboard: ASUS M4A78LT-M LE AM3 - $65
RAM: A-DATA 4GB DDR3 1333 - $94
Power Supply: Cooler Master 460W PSU - $35
Case: Gigabyte case - $34
DVD burner: LG DVD burner SATA - $23

Total: $321

You can definitely reuse your ATI 4650 video card and your Seagate 250GB SATA hard drive. You can play around with some configurations if you need to drop down the price even lower, like getting an even cheaper CPU and motherboard.

...And you'll have to install Windows from the ground up, but using your spare parts along with the new parts that I've listed, you do not have to rip apart your current PC at all. So you'll end up having 2 working PCs, assuming you have a way of getting another copy of Windows for cheap since your budget is so limited.

fuck, that's worse than I thought. I assume the PC you built for me isn't going to be that great either, huh? I really wasn't trying to build a whole other computer, especially one that isn't going to be that advanced of a rig.

I might be better off just using the Seagate as a new external and selling off the video card before it becomes completely outdated.

Well... the PC parts I listed aren't terrible, they're just not top notch. I think the best piece of hardware you have now is your 4650 video card. It's really hard to upgrade a computer cheaply now, especially when the memory prices are tripling to when they were at their lowest price point a year ago. CPU prices didn't drop that much, you just get a better CPU for the same price as you did years ago.

[quote name='Vulcan2422']Cool Cool. I mean the main thing for me is the case honestly. I want a micro atx case but not one for 90 or so. I could do a dvd and swap out when I feel like I'm ready for the brd or have the money for it.[/QUOTE]

i threw this together. just a few things minus the HDD and ram.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16827136177

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811144162

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131318

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814102874

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819103687

$319 before shipping/tax, $20 in mail in rebates. it should bring you up to speed and will more than likely be just fine with playing the new star wars MMO.

[quote name='RAMSTORIA']i threw this together. just a few things minus the HDD and ram.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16827136177

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811144162

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131318

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814102874

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819103687

$319 before shipping/tax, $20 in mail in rebates. it should bring you up to speed and will more than likely be just fine with playing the new star wars MMO.[/QUOTE]

Nice, Dumb question but. What other games could I Possibly play on it? lol. It's not like I'm a computer gaming freak. But what about that list of free games thread we have? Or even some Games for windows (Yes, I'm an achievement whore) Should it be able to play most of them fine?

[quote name='Vulcan2422']Nice, Dumb question but. What other games could I Possibly play on it? lol. It's not like I'm a computer gaming freak. But what about that list of free games thread we have? Or even some Games for windows (Yes, I'm an achievement whore) Should it be able to play most of them fine?[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure it can play every single one of those free games in that thread. As for Games for Windows, you can probably play a lot of games, but you just need to lower the details and lower the resolution.

So, Once I sell the car (very soon) I'm probably going with your first set up Ram. I'm just so torn though honestly. I think the one thing that kills it for me is the damn Micro ATX cases and there price and low PSU's.

So here is the final one I was thinking of, after looking through all the parts and wish lists you had for me Ram. Tell me what you guys think. I don't mind lowering the resolution and stuff really for Games for Windows Live either. Been doing it since Battlefield 1942 anyways :p

https://secure.newegg.com/WishList/MySavedWishDetail.aspx?ID=17831547

Okay. There's some really helpful info in this thread and I think I have a decent grasp on things now (lol) but I'm not that "computer smart" and I'm looking for advice about buying a graphics card.

I have an Asus Essentio CG Series desktop with Intel Core i5-650 (3.2GHz processor speed), 8gb DDR3 RAM, and 1TB SATA (7200 rpm) hard drive. It has on-board Intel HD graphics and what I'm gathering is that I probably won't be able to play the games I'm wanting to play with such a card. Also, unless I'm retarded it appears that I have a 400w power supply.

I've taken away from this thread and elsewhere that the ATI Radeon HD 5770 is a good bet for a graphics card. If I go out and buy this will I be able to play the newer games I want to play? (For instance Mass Effect 2, Just Cause 2). Is it "future proof" at all or am I looking at a new card in a year anyway? Also, the 5770 says 450w minimum. Will I need to buy a new power supply or can I skate by with 400? Would that be safe or even possible?

I've been looking into this 450w dedicated power supply as well:
http://estore.visiontek.com/index.p...d=55&vmcchk=1&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=66

If I get the 5770, should I get that power supply as well or will I be fine? Also, is the XFX Radeon HD 5770 any good? Any other graphics card suggestions? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm a bit overwhelmed. lol

Edit: Also, I just came across this:
http://www.amazon.com/EVGA-01G-P3-N...001EH8FZA/ref=pd_ts_e_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics

Is this a good way to go for the graphics card? It doesn't look like this one has HDMI or DX11... but I just want to be able to play the latest games without selling all my spare organs. ;)

And BTW I hope to play in 1920x1080. Right now I'm using my 50" plasma for a monitor but I'll be getting a new one soon. :)

Even with that setup RAM. Would it be able to play Americas Army 3? Cause looking at it. It seems as if it needs a 3.0 CPU to play it.

[quote name='Vulcan2422']Even with that setup RAM. Would it be able to play Americas Army 3? Cause looking at it. It seems as if it needs a 3.0 CPU to play it.[/QUOTE]

hey, its totally my fault, but youll have to change the motherboard you have on your list. its not an AM3 socket, so the processor would be a no go. but im sure you could find a similar one for the same price. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813130247 that will work out just dandy. as far as americas army goes, its 3.0 for a single core processor as the minimum and 2.4 for a dual core is the recommended, so youll be fine.

[quote name='easye21']So what would be the ultimate build if money was no factor? e.g. why no i7 960[/QUOTE]

ive seen builds near $10k on anandtech outside of benchmarking there is no point. well besides just being ridiculous.

[quote name='easye21']So what would be the ultimate build if money was no factor? e.g. why no i7 960[/QUOTE]

Money is never not a factor. The excess money would be better spent elsewhere, in any conceivable case. A $5000 PC will not perform five times better than a $1000 one. Hell, a $1500 one won't even perform 1.5 times better than a $1000 one, either.

Okay here are my spec ( I am not too tech savvy so I dont go into detail )

-Core 2 Duo 3.06 Ghz
-EVGA GeForce 9800GT ( i think something like 1 GB )
-6 GB of ram
-1.5 Terabyte HD

, but anyways on that system requirements website it says I could run Street Fighter IV very well so I tried and all the animations are SUPER sloowwwww . What could be the problem . I even can play crysis on medium settings but I cant play a fighter ?

[quote name='AndrewsAwesome4']Okay here are my spec ( I am not too tech savvy so I dont go into detail )

-Core 2 Duo 3.06 Ghz
-EVGA GeForce 9800GT ( i think something like 1 GB )
-6 GB of ram
-1.5 Terabyte HD

, but anyways on that system requirements website it says I could run Street Fighter IV very well so I tried and all the animations are SUPER sloowwwww . What could be the problem . I even can play crysis on medium settings but I cant play a fighter ?[/QUOTE]

Under "PC Settings" in the options, change the frame rate from "variable" to "fixed."

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']Money is never not a factor. The excess money would be better spent elsewhere, in any conceivable case. A $5000 PC will not perform five times better than a $1000 one. Hell, a $1500 one won't even perform 1.5 times better than a $1000 one, either.[/QUOTE]

Good point. So you think anything past i7 920 is a waste of money? They do get ridiculously priced

[quote name='easye21']Good point. So you think anything past i7 920 is a waste of money? They do get ridiculously priced[/QUOTE]

more or less. there are other factors that make a great deal of difference on a build depending on what you want from it.

Well since nobody wanted to answer my questions or help me out lol I went ahead and ordered a Sapphire Radeon HD 4670 1gb. Hopefully it works out well.

[quote name='rockstarnati']No worries. I paid 75 (65 after MIR) for the 4670 from Newegg. I wonder why I didn't see that 4850 though. But it's 95 (80 AFTER mir) so at least I still paid less. lol.. But do you think the 4670 will suffice?[/QUOTE]

the code knocks off the last $10 and gives it free shipping i think.
honestly I dont know much about how the 4670 compares to other cards.
i found this article from anandtech it should help gauge where youll be with the 4670.
http://www.anandtech.com/show/2616/10

bread's done
Back