The ULTIMATE SPRING LOWBALL has come to a close. Check here for totals!

[quote name='Tom Jane']What does Fifty cents vs. one dollar have to do with anything? Either way for the seller a round of two bids is one dollar or two dollars, a negligible amount of money. Only way to make it make 'more sense' is to do what eBay does and have graded bidding. Once it's above a certain amount, then it's a higher bid increment. But that's beyond the capability of a forum auction, and not within the scope of a lowball. So, frankly, it doesn't matter and it's up to the seller. I see little to no difference between $0.50 and $1.00. If you want a significant difference do the $5.00 minimum bid like tiggerkiddo. :lol:[/QUOTE]

Less logic, spend more!

058 Disgaea: Afternoon of Darkness B - $15
059 Disgaea 2: Dark Hero Days B+ - $18

$0.50 bids put a lot of work on the people who run the lowball(ie update the lowball)
and generally annoy some of us who want the bid to get to where it needs to be.

Sorry folks; it's all I can do to keep up with the OP! I'm updating through post 780 now and will keep updating, but it likely won't be up to date at any point through the rest of the lowball. >_

[quote name='Tom Jane']What does Fifty cents vs. one dollar have to do with anything? Either way for the seller a round of two bids is one dollar or two dollars, a negligible amount of money. Only way to make it make 'more sense' is to do what eBay does and have graded bidding. Once it's above a certain amount, then it's a higher bid increment. But that's beyond the capability of a forum auction, and not within the scope of a lowball. So, frankly, it doesn't matter and it's up to the seller. I see little to no difference between $0.50 and $1.00. If you want a significant difference do the $5.00 minimum bid like tiggerkiddo. :lol:[/QUOTE]

Truthfully because when bids go up by 50 cents they only go up half as fast as $1 bids, and since the price doesn't skyrocket quite as fast so many more people bid, resulting in more bids and more work to be put into updating.
I just find it more of an annoyance for the OP truthfully.

[quote name='Rexall']Enjoy it TJ. I've hit my limit for this overall lowball and can't keep up with Y's. It's yours[/QUOTE]

Thanks, one of the few things I want a tonne. Growlanser, too, but it may be out of my range. I hope I get Ys, but I think there's a Blastoise still lurking somewhere.

[quote name='blackdog60']$0.50 bids put a lot of work on the people who run the lowball(ie update the lowball)
and generally annoy some of us who want the bid to get to where it needs to be.[/QUOTE]
well its a lowball.
you could increase your bids by 4 dollars if u want.. im sure it would scare a few people away with their 50 cent bids :D

058 Disgaea: Afternoon of Darkness B - $15.50
059 Disgaea 2: Dark Hero Days B+ - $18.50
057 Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII B+ Sharp Katana - $9.50

[quote name='Vulgarism']Sorry folks; it's all I can do to keep up with the OP! I'm updating through post 780 now and will keep updating, but it likely won't be up to date at any point through the rest of the lowball. >_

066 Hakuoki: Demon of the Fleeting Blossom Limited Edition $36

If you actually outbid me on this, I may as well just go to amazon >.>

005A Xbox system, power and AV cables, headset, and 1 controller B 32
083 Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology B+ tooshorty6432168 - $16.50
103A Growlanser Generations Deluxe B+ tooshorty6432168 - $52.50

My damn head is spinning. STOP THE MADNESS ALREADY! I would love to break open the wrapper on my copy of Catherine that came yesterday LOL

[quote name='blackdog60']$0.50 bids put a lot of work on the people who run the lowball(ie update the lowball)
and generally annoy some of us who want the bid to get to where it needs to be.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Captain Urahara']Truthfully because when bids go up by 50 cents they only go up half as fast as $1 bids, and since the price doesn't skyrocket quite as fast so many more people bid, resulting in more bids and more work to be put into updating.
I just find it more of an annoyance for the OP truthfully.[/QUOTE]

See what zion said:

[quote name='zionoverfire']Less logic, spend more![/QUOTE]

Yes, 2x is good, but it's still one dollar or two dollars. Both a negligible amount of money.

It's up to the person that started the lowball. And it shouldn't matter if it annoys you. It's not about you. It's about the seller. It's not about me, it's about the seller.

A lot of us like the random frenzy of bids. I'm having a hell of a lot of fun, and I'm sure many others are, too.

And if you don't want to deal with those bids, then just bid your max. I don't do that, I set a max and bid up to it incrementally, because that's part of the fun.

To each their own, but ultimately it doesn't matter and isn't worth complaining about. If you don't want to deal with $0.50 bids, don't bid in that lowball.

Cheers! :bouncy:

You know TJ, I should thank you, the only reason I can go crazy on that Haruhi Steelbook is beacuse I didn't go crazy with your Hyperdimension Neptunia MK2 Premium.

[quote name='HakaHina']066 Hakuoki: Demon of the Fleeting Blossom Limited Edition $36

If you actually outbid me on this, I may as well just go to amazon >.>[/QUOTE]

LOL, it's yours. I'm a fan of the anime but I can always just get the regular edition.

[quote name='MageSerge']You know TJ, I should thank you, the only reason I can go crazy on that Haruhi Steelbook is beacuse I didn't go crazy with your Hyperdimension Neptunia MK2 Premium.[/QUOTE]

:lol: Damn. I opened it, it's sooooo purdy. Hope you win that steelbook. I want it a tonne, but must remain resolute.

008 Dead Space - $6.50
021B Nier - $6.50
024 Rock Band 2 - $1.00
027 Sports Champions (damaged case) - $1.50
028 Star Wars The Force Unleashed 2 - $5.00
029B 3D Dot Game Heroes - $8.50

bread's done
Back