The unOFFICIAL Art Book Pre-Order Thread

ragingst0rm6

CAGiversary!
Feedback
94 (100%)
Welcome to the Official CAG Art Book Pre-Order Thread
I am totally ripping off Ionotropic's CE Guide Thread's Wiki format. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery!

Alien: Isolation, The Art of

Author: Andy McVittie (October 7, 2014)
Publisher: Titan Books
Page Count: 176
Amazon $26.56

Assassin's Creed Unity: Abstergo Entertainment: Employee Handbook

Author: Ubisoft (November 4, 2014)
Publisher: Insight Editions
Page Count: 152
Amazon $28.46

Batman: Arkham Trilogy, The Art of

Author: Rocksteady Studios (April 14, 2015)
Publisher: Abrams
Page Count: 320
Amazon $27.51

Book of Life, The Art of

Author: Jorge Gutierrez and Guillermo del Toro (September 30, 2014)
Publisher: Dark Horse Books
Page Count: 184
Amazon $24.91

Breath of Fire: Official Complete Works

Author: Keiji Inufane, Tatsuya Yoshikawa, Capcom (September 9, 2014)
Publisher: Udon Entertainment
Page Count: 192
Amazon $28.06

Destiny, The Art of

Author: Bungie (December 16, 2014)
Page Count: 160
Amazon $32.10 ($45.00 MSRP)

Destiny: The Poster Collection

Author: Insight Editions (October 14, 2014)
Page Count: 40
Amazon $18.62 ($24.99 MSRP)

Devil May Cry: A Divine Comedy

Author: Medhi El Kanafi / Nicolas Courcier (July 22, 2014)
Publisher: Les Edition Pix'N Love
Amazon $37.04

Dishonored: The Dunwall Archives

Author: Bethesda Games (November 25, 2014)
Page Count: 1
Amazon $28.06

Dragon Age: Inquisition, The Art of
Author: Bioware (October 7, 2014)
Amazon $28.06

Dragon Age Inquisition: Prima Official Inquisitor Edition

Author: Bungie (November 18, 2014)
Publisher: Prima
Page Count: 368
Amazon $107.99 ($119.99 MSRP)

Evil Within, The Art of
Author: Bethesda Games (October 14, 2014)
Page Count: 1
Amazon $28.06

5th Cell, The Art of
Author: Edison Yan (November 11, 2014)
Page Count: 168
Amazon $29.99

Gran Turismo 5, Art of

Author: Daniel Wade (November 11, 2014)
Publisher: Ballistic Publishing
Page Count: 256
Amazon $40.95
51eTmiAUyYL._SS500_.jpg

Naughty Dog, The Art of

Author: Naughty Dog Studios (October 14, 2014)
Amazon $28.06

Resident Evil 6 Artworks

Author: Capcom (October 7, 2014)
Page Count: 272
Amazon $31.20

SF25: The Art of Street Fighter

Author: Capcom (August 12, 2014)
Page Count: 448
Amazon $40.64

UDON's Art of Capcom: Complete Edition

Author: Alvin Lee, Arnold Tsang, Jeffrey Chamba Cruz, Joe Ng, and Omar Dogan (November 11, 2014)
Page Count: 600!
Amazon $53.23

Uncharted Trilogy, The Art of the

Author: Naughty Dog (April 28, 2015)
Page Count: 240
Amazon $30.00

Witcher, The World of

Author: CD Projekt Red (March 17, 2015)
Amazon $27.10
============================
Previously Released Art Book Archive
============================

[CUSTOMSPOILER=Previously Released]

Assassin's Creed III, Art of

Author: Andy McVittie (October 30, 2012)
Page Count: 144
Amazon $19.77
Special Features: Hardcover

Atelier: Artworks of Arland

Author: Mel Kishida, Gust (May 5, 2013)
Amazon $28.11

Bayonetta: Eyes of

Author: Sega (July 11, 2013)
Page Count: 224
Amazon $31.49
Special Features: DVD

Bioshock Infinite: Art of

Author: Ken Levine (March 12, 2013)
Amazon $23.52

Blizzard, Art of

Author: Nick Carpenter, Sam Didier, Chris Metzen (December 25, 2012)
Page Count: 352
Amazon $47.25

Borderlands 2, Art of

Author: BradyGames (November 5, 2012)
Page Count: 208
Amazon $25.00

Darksiders II, Art of

Author: Joe Madureira, THQ (November 13, 2012)
Page Count: 200
Amazon $24.99

Dead Space: Art Of (Clamshell Edition) (January 28, 2013)

Author: Martin Robinson
Page Count: 224 (192 Normal + 32 Exclusive)
Limited Time You Get A Chrome Plated Marker Pendant As A Bonus (dead)
EA Store $65.00

Dead Space: Art of (Regular) (January 28, 2013)

Author: Martin Robinson
Amazon $23.07

Devil Survivor: Official Material Collection (June 11, 2013)

Amazon $26.57

Eve: Source

Author: CCP Games (March 18, 2014)
Amazon $29.22
Final Fantasy, The Sky: Art of

Author: Yoshitaka Amano (October 30, 2012)
Page Count: 800
Book Depository (US) $104.99
Special Features: Hardcover, Boxed Set

Final Fantasy (Slipcase Edition), The Sky: Art of

Author: Yoshitaka Amano (July 2, 2013)
Page Count: 576
Amazon $56.69
Special Features: Hardcover, Slipcase Edition

Growlanser Art Works
Author: Satoshi Urushihara (March 12, 2013)
Amazon $24.99

Halo 4, Awakening: Art of

Author: Paul Davies (November 6, 2012)
Amazon $23.07

Heroes and Heroines: Japanese Video Game + Animation Illustration

Editor: Yoshiyuki Oba (October 2, 2012)
Publisher: PIE International
Amazon $16.74

Kingdom Hearts, The Artwork of

Author: Shiro Amano (October 29, 2013)
Publisher: Yen Press
Amazon $21.16

The Last of Us, The Art of

Author: Naughty Dog Studios (July 16, 2013)
Publisher: Dark Horse
Amazon $26.03

Legend of Zelda: Hyrule Historia

Author: Shigeru Miyamoto, Eiji Aonuma, Akira Himekawa (January 29, 2013)
Amazon $20.99

Mario Goodies Collection
Author: Naughty Dog Studios (May 28, 2014)
Publisher: Les Editions Pix'N Love
Amazon $26.88

Remember Me, The Art of

Author: Various (May 28, 2013)
Publisher: Dark Horse
Amazon $26.39

Sengoku Basara Samurai Heroes: Official Complete Works

Author: Capcom (November 6, 2012)
Page Count: 152
Amazon $24.99

Shining Hearts: Collection of Visual Materials

Author: Tony Taka, Sega (October 9, 2012)
Amazon $24.99

Sonic the Hedgehog, History of

Author: Marc Petronille, William Audureau, Sega (October 9, 2012)
Page Count: 300
Amazon $23.09

Takehito Harada Art Works

Author: Takehito Harada (April 9, 2013)
Amazon $24.99
Features:
All four Disgaea titles, as well as Prinny 1 & 2, Makai Kingdom, and Phantom Brave

Tomb Raider: Art of Survival

Author: BradyGames (March 18, 2013)
Publisher: BradyGames
Amazon $26

Transformers, Art of Fall of Cybertron

Author: Mark Bellomo (October 23, 2012)
Publisher: IDW Publishing
Amazon $23.09

Valkyria Chronicles 3: Complete Artworks

Author: Raita Honjou (March 26, 2013)
Amazon $29.69

[/CUSTOMSPOILER]

[CUSTOMSPOILER=Possibly Cancelled?]

Assassin's Creed: Art ( R )evolution

Editor: Debora Ferrari (October 2, 2012)
Amazon $19.46

ICO and Shadow of the Colossus, Art of

Editor: Ronnie Gramazio (October 15, 2013)
Amazon $40.95

League of Legends, Art of

Editor: Ronnie Gramazio (July 16, 2013)
Amazon $40.95

Portal 2, Art of (currently MIA)

Author: Andy McVittie (November 13, 2012)
Amazon $23.09
[URL="http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/art-of-portal-2-valve/1111297457%22%22%5DB&N"]http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/art-of-portal-2-valve/1111297457%22%22%5DB&N[/url]"][/url]http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/art-of-portal-2-valve/1111297457""]B&N[/url][/URL]$23.12

Twisted Metal, Art of

Editor: Ronnie Gramazio (May 14, 2013)
Amazon $40.95
[/CUSTOMSPOILER]

Last edited by a moderator:
That one from Pix'n love is already out. They were treating it like some nebulous, indefinite preorder that doesn't actually exist. I even had to get a refund from paypal because it had been like 1.5 months, and it had never shown up. Then, completely out of the blue, it arrived in the mail. This has been a while ago, so I have no idea what its current status is.

That one from Pix'n love is already out. They were treating it like some nebulous, indefinite preorder that doesn't actually exist. I even had to get a refund from paypal because it had been like 1.5 months, and it had never shown up. Then, completely out of the blue, it arrived in the mail. This has been a while ago, so I have no idea what its current status is.
So you got it for free, then? I know Pix'n Love has it in stock on their UK site, but I'd rather wait for Amazon to have it in stock.

How is the book?

Yeah, it ended up being free, but the clusterfuck was completely their fault, so I don't feel bad. It shouldn't be that hard to buy something / communicate with a company. If they want to ship it out to me over a month after my payment was refunded, then that's their prerogative. It's quite nice. It's got a lot of info and a lot of art. I wish that it wasn't horizontally oriented, though. If Udon ends up bringing out the two DMC books that they have announced, then those will surely contain everything this one has and then some. So it's up to you whether you want to wait or try and grab this one--as this one is hardcover and I 'think' it's numbered. So it's definitely cool to have,

The Sky: The Art of Final Fantasy Slipcased Edition dipped to $31.04 from $50.xx at Amazon. Unfortunately it doesn't qualify for free shipping.

Yeah, it ended up being free, but the clusterfuck was completely their fault, so I don't feel bad. It shouldn't be that hard to buy something / communicate with a company. If they want to ship it out to me over a month after my payment was refunded, then that's their prerogative. It's quite nice. It's got a lot of info and a lot of art. I wish that it wasn't horizontally oriented, though. If Udon ends up bringing out the two DMC books that they have announced, then those will surely contain everything this one has and then some. So it's up to you whether you want to wait or try and grab this one--as this one is hardcover and I 'think' it's numbered. So it's definitely cool to have,
i hear you about pix n love and their clusterfucks cough history of mario cough cough

which btw the listing is pulled from amazon now so if you guys had preorders there you can finally cancel if they havent already

I have the Japanese edition of Ys: The Art Book (big fan of the series, got it before Udon licensed it). I was initially surprised at how thick it is-- it has lots of pages. It covers the entire Ys series and is heavy on character art, if you're into that. Overall, it's a must-have for fans. Really got my money's worth, and I hope Udon does a good job with the English-language version.

There are sample pages from the Japanese edition here and there if you poke around online; here's one such batch.

I have the Japanese edition of Ys: The Art Book (big fan of the series, got it before Udon licensed it). I was initially surprised at how thick it is-- it has lots of pages. It covers the entire Ys series and is heavy on character art, if you're into that. Overall, it's a must-have for fans. Really got my money's worth, and I hope Udon does a good job with the English-language version.

There are sample pages from the Japanese edition here and there if you poke around online; here's one such batch.
thanks for the heads up i went ahead and pre-ordered it. Character art/design stuff is my fave thing in most of these books so sounds like a definite go for me. I went ahead and just ordered most of the ones i listed and some others. Got the Ni0 Art Works: Nishi's Alluring Figures book too.. though im not sure who the guy is really. Cover artwork looks good

Does it really cover the entire Y series? Yea, if thats the case it would have to be pretty thick i would think

hmm was browsing stuff since my legend of heroes books finally arived and noticed a few books not listed here

SoulCalibur: New Legends of Project Soul
http://www.amazon.com/SoulCalibur-New-Legends-Project-Soul/dp/1926778952/ref=pd_sim_b_13?ie=UTF8&refRID=1E01MC0MFRJ63RT5PHWB

Darkstalkers: Official Complete Works
http://www.amazon.com/Darkstalkers-Official-Complete-Works-Bengus/dp/1927925045/ref=pd_sim_b_18?ie=UTF8&refRID=1E01MC0MFRJ63RT5PHWB

and

Ys: The Art Book
http://www.amazon.com/Ys-The-Book-Nihon-Falcom/dp/1927925010/ref=pd_sim_b_2?ie=UTF8&refRID=1E01MC0MFRJ63RT5PHWB

anyone know if any of these are any good? I already have a couple darkstalkers books dont know if i need another. Not sure whos pulishing these

by the way anyone know what this is

Ni0 Art Works: Nishi's Alluring Figures
http://www.amazon.com/Ni0-Art-Works-Alluring-Figures/dp/1927925037/ref=pd_bxgy_b_text_z

It was linked off several of th other artbooks so im wondering if he does game artwork or something
I'm pretty excited about that new Darkstalkers artbook coming out. I'm looking forward to all the B.B. Hood content in it as well.

Ooh, that looks pretty nice. Thanks for the link!

Amazon recently sent me an update on the Dragon's Dogma artbook for a March 25th release. Looking forward to this one a ton. Since it is Capcom I am hoping it is of the same excellent quality as their other artbooks.
Yeah, according to Udon's blog post Wednesday, they officially released 4 new books on the 19th (including Ys and Dragon's Dogma).

Edit: Forgot the link

Not a preorder but Amazon has The Sky Final Fantasy art book for $31.04. Doesn't qualify toward free shipping for some reason but it's as cheap as I can remember.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/1616551607/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?qid=1395541563&sr=8-1
The Sky: The Art of Final Fantasy Slipcased Edition dipped to $31.04 from $50.xx at Amazon. Unfortunately it doesn't qualify for free shipping.
Hasn't it been that price all this time?

EDIT* Camelcamelcamel.com shows it's been that price since it originally dropped, so it might drop more.

Sorry. I missed it when it dropped at the beginning of the month. It's been in my wishlist for awhile and I always saw it above $50. Hopefully it'll be news to somebody since it was news to me. Haha.

Randomly found this on Amazon...
The Last of Us: Poster Collection
http://amzn.com/160887379X
Published by Naughty Dog

I couldn't imagine actually pulling the posters out, but it appears the pages are removable should that be your thing.

Cool, thanks for the headsup. I wish there was some pics of what the poster will look like, but at that price, I'll take a chance.
It'd be awesome if you could let us know what you think and/or post some pics, as searching for this on Google is getting me nothing. I also am very curious about this!

Hasn't it been that price all this time?

EDIT* Camelcamelcamel.com shows it's been that price since it originally dropped, so it might drop more.
Not a preorder but Amazon has The Sky Final Fantasy art book for $31.04. Doesn't qualify toward free shipping for some reason but it's as cheap as I can remember.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/1616551607/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?qid=1395541563&sr=8-1
Take a look now.

*edit* too late now. Was $13.04.

It'd be awesome if you could let us know what you think and/or post some pics, as searching for this on Google is getting me nothing. I also am very curious about this!
If and when this ever ships, and if there is no info or pics by then, I'll post some. No problemo.

My copy of The Art of Thief arrived yesterday from Amazon. Really solid art book. Nice attention to detail (be sure to check out the reverse of the dust jacket if you pick it up).

The only downside is that it makes me wish Dishonored had an art book.

Edit: The Art of Thief and The Art of Watch Dogs are down to $18.96 on Amazon.
Pssst: Dishonored art book incoming:

Dishonored: Dunwall Archives $30.46
http://www.amazon.com/Dishonored-Dunwall-Archives-Bethesda-Games/dp/1616555629/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1396498651&sr=1-1&keywords=Dunwall

Randomly found this on Amazon...
The Last of Us: Poster Collection
http://amzn.com/160887379X
Published by Naughty Dog

I couldn't imagine actually pulling the posters out, but it appears the pages are removable should that be your thing.
this looks like this

http://www.amazon.com/Warcraft-Poster-Collection-Blizzard-Entertainment/dp/1608872475/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1396563099&sr=8-2&keywords=warcraft+poster

which was okay, thick paper posters

each poster was double sided tho

The Art of Wolfenstein: The New Order Exclusive Edition $40.00

Only 500 produced exclusively for the Bethesda Store, the Exclusive Edition contains a tip-in plate, signed and numbered by Axel Torvenius, Senior Concept Designer, and Tor Frick, Technical Art Director.
I ordered one. Hope it doesn't turn out like the Dead Space Clamshell edition, which was limited to 1000, but didn't sell for shit. If it doesn't sell out before release, I'm cancelling.

Didn't check too far back, but I just noticed that Monster Hunter Illustrations 2 is finally out. Pretty stoked to finally see it.
Yeah that came out over a month ago.

I absolutely LOVE the stuff inside, like one of my favorite books period, I just cannot stand the format. Why, oh why would you make a ~400 page softcover book with glossy pages that shape?? It makes it a pain in the butt to look through and when I am concepting I like to take all my reference material for whatever it is and set them up, I have like this book stand/reader thing but it is such a weird shape it doesnt fit. Plus I always feel like you are overstretching the spine when leaving a wide book like that open.

I know what you mean. I actually have a wider-set easel built onto my drafting table for books formatted like this, and it still doesn't feel great. Far as Udon books go, I've pretty much just accepted that someday all of their softcover spines are going to disintegrate. Least the pages will be easier to lay out at that point.

its because the original japanese version is actually 2 separate books in a slip case. One has color work and the other has b/w sketches. Udon combined the books to save on printing costs.

Yeah that came out over a month ago.

I absolutely LOVE the stuff inside, like one of my favorite books period, I just cannot stand the format. Why, oh why would you make a ~400 page softcover book with glossy pages that shape?? It makes it a pain in the butt to look through and when I am concepting I like to take all my reference material for whatever it is and set them up, I have like this book stand/reader thing but it is such a weird shape it doesnt fit. Plus I always feel like you are overstretching the spine when leaving a wide book like that open.

I know what you mean. I actually have a wider-set easel built onto my drafting table for books formatted like this, and it still doesn't feel great. Far as Udon books go, I've pretty much just accepted that someday all of their softcover spines are going to disintegrate. Least the pages will be easier to lay out at that point.
Agreed. I just wish they made more affordable hardcover options, though they are improving in that regard (Eyes of Bayonetta, History of Sonic, and Brutal Legend all have readily available HC options).

its because the original japanese version is actually 2 separate books in a slip case. One has color work and the other has b/w sketches. Udon combined the books to save on printing costs.
They did the same thing with The Art of Ace Attorney, which was also originally two books (one for the first three games, one for the fourth) in a slipcase. Strangely, though, they split up R20 into two books… maybe they figured they could get more money from Mega Man fans that way *shrug*

Agreed. I just wish they made more affordable hardcover options, though they are improving in that regard (Eyes of Bayonetta, History of Sonic, and Brutal Legend all have readily available HC options).
The printing quality of their hardcovers isn't bad, either. I'd also like to see more of those, especially for their thicker books.

Yeah I know, but I would rather they combine them into a book with normal dimensions. Having such a huge book with those dimensions is ridiculous. I am all for them saving on combining books, but make them more easy to handle!

Is anyone on here planning to get this? Looks pretty cool, but I'm not a fan of that price-point (and the lack of free shipping).

Also, here's a review of the Darkstalkers: Official Complete Works (not mine).
No way. $100 for that is way too steep. The only reason I buy artbooks is to use for reference and inspiration. The Elder Scrolls one has way too much frill ramping up the price point.

That Darkstalkers review however is EXTREMELY nice... I assumed it was to be more production and promotional art but seeing all of the roughs and even keyframes for the animations I think I may have to splurge..

I'm assuming that the Elder Scrolls one won't sell out, and we'll see it go on sale at some point. I just don't think there's a big enough market for such an expensive artbook.

Got my Ys The Artbook in today. What an absolutely gorgeous artbook. My reprint of Xenogears Perfect Works also came in today. It feels amazing to finally have a copy. :D

bread's done
Back