The unOFFICIAL Art Book Pre-Order Thread

ragingst0rm6

CAGiversary!
Feedback
94 (100%)
Welcome to the Official CAG Art Book Pre-Order Thread
I am totally ripping off Ionotropic's CE Guide Thread's Wiki format. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery!

Alien: Isolation, The Art of

Author: Andy McVittie (October 7, 2014)
Publisher: Titan Books
Page Count: 176
Amazon $26.56

Assassin's Creed Unity: Abstergo Entertainment: Employee Handbook

Author: Ubisoft (November 4, 2014)
Publisher: Insight Editions
Page Count: 152
Amazon $28.46

Batman: Arkham Trilogy, The Art of

Author: Rocksteady Studios (April 14, 2015)
Publisher: Abrams
Page Count: 320
Amazon $27.51

Book of Life, The Art of

Author: Jorge Gutierrez and Guillermo del Toro (September 30, 2014)
Publisher: Dark Horse Books
Page Count: 184
Amazon $24.91

Breath of Fire: Official Complete Works

Author: Keiji Inufane, Tatsuya Yoshikawa, Capcom (September 9, 2014)
Publisher: Udon Entertainment
Page Count: 192
Amazon $28.06

Destiny, The Art of

Author: Bungie (December 16, 2014)
Page Count: 160
Amazon $32.10 ($45.00 MSRP)

Destiny: The Poster Collection

Author: Insight Editions (October 14, 2014)
Page Count: 40
Amazon $18.62 ($24.99 MSRP)

Devil May Cry: A Divine Comedy

Author: Medhi El Kanafi / Nicolas Courcier (July 22, 2014)
Publisher: Les Edition Pix'N Love
Amazon $37.04

Dishonored: The Dunwall Archives

Author: Bethesda Games (November 25, 2014)
Page Count: 1
Amazon $28.06

Dragon Age: Inquisition, The Art of
Author: Bioware (October 7, 2014)
Amazon $28.06

Dragon Age Inquisition: Prima Official Inquisitor Edition

Author: Bungie (November 18, 2014)
Publisher: Prima
Page Count: 368
Amazon $107.99 ($119.99 MSRP)

Evil Within, The Art of
Author: Bethesda Games (October 14, 2014)
Page Count: 1
Amazon $28.06

5th Cell, The Art of
Author: Edison Yan (November 11, 2014)
Page Count: 168
Amazon $29.99

Gran Turismo 5, Art of

Author: Daniel Wade (November 11, 2014)
Publisher: Ballistic Publishing
Page Count: 256
Amazon $40.95
51eTmiAUyYL._SS500_.jpg

Naughty Dog, The Art of

Author: Naughty Dog Studios (October 14, 2014)
Amazon $28.06

Resident Evil 6 Artworks

Author: Capcom (October 7, 2014)
Page Count: 272
Amazon $31.20

SF25: The Art of Street Fighter

Author: Capcom (August 12, 2014)
Page Count: 448
Amazon $40.64

UDON's Art of Capcom: Complete Edition

Author: Alvin Lee, Arnold Tsang, Jeffrey Chamba Cruz, Joe Ng, and Omar Dogan (November 11, 2014)
Page Count: 600!
Amazon $53.23

Uncharted Trilogy, The Art of the

Author: Naughty Dog (April 28, 2015)
Page Count: 240
Amazon $30.00

Witcher, The World of

Author: CD Projekt Red (March 17, 2015)
Amazon $27.10
============================
Previously Released Art Book Archive
============================

[CUSTOMSPOILER=Previously Released]

Assassin's Creed III, Art of

Author: Andy McVittie (October 30, 2012)
Page Count: 144
Amazon $19.77
Special Features: Hardcover

Atelier: Artworks of Arland

Author: Mel Kishida, Gust (May 5, 2013)
Amazon $28.11

Bayonetta: Eyes of

Author: Sega (July 11, 2013)
Page Count: 224
Amazon $31.49
Special Features: DVD

Bioshock Infinite: Art of

Author: Ken Levine (March 12, 2013)
Amazon $23.52

Blizzard, Art of

Author: Nick Carpenter, Sam Didier, Chris Metzen (December 25, 2012)
Page Count: 352
Amazon $47.25

Borderlands 2, Art of

Author: BradyGames (November 5, 2012)
Page Count: 208
Amazon $25.00

Darksiders II, Art of

Author: Joe Madureira, THQ (November 13, 2012)
Page Count: 200
Amazon $24.99

Dead Space: Art Of (Clamshell Edition) (January 28, 2013)

Author: Martin Robinson
Page Count: 224 (192 Normal + 32 Exclusive)
Limited Time You Get A Chrome Plated Marker Pendant As A Bonus (dead)
EA Store $65.00

Dead Space: Art of (Regular) (January 28, 2013)

Author: Martin Robinson
Amazon $23.07

Devil Survivor: Official Material Collection (June 11, 2013)

Amazon $26.57

Eve: Source

Author: CCP Games (March 18, 2014)
Amazon $29.22
Final Fantasy, The Sky: Art of

Author: Yoshitaka Amano (October 30, 2012)
Page Count: 800
Book Depository (US) $104.99
Special Features: Hardcover, Boxed Set

Final Fantasy (Slipcase Edition), The Sky: Art of

Author: Yoshitaka Amano (July 2, 2013)
Page Count: 576
Amazon $56.69
Special Features: Hardcover, Slipcase Edition

Growlanser Art Works
Author: Satoshi Urushihara (March 12, 2013)
Amazon $24.99

Halo 4, Awakening: Art of

Author: Paul Davies (November 6, 2012)
Amazon $23.07

Heroes and Heroines: Japanese Video Game + Animation Illustration

Editor: Yoshiyuki Oba (October 2, 2012)
Publisher: PIE International
Amazon $16.74

Kingdom Hearts, The Artwork of

Author: Shiro Amano (October 29, 2013)
Publisher: Yen Press
Amazon $21.16

The Last of Us, The Art of

Author: Naughty Dog Studios (July 16, 2013)
Publisher: Dark Horse
Amazon $26.03

Legend of Zelda: Hyrule Historia

Author: Shigeru Miyamoto, Eiji Aonuma, Akira Himekawa (January 29, 2013)
Amazon $20.99

Mario Goodies Collection
Author: Naughty Dog Studios (May 28, 2014)
Publisher: Les Editions Pix'N Love
Amazon $26.88

Remember Me, The Art of

Author: Various (May 28, 2013)
Publisher: Dark Horse
Amazon $26.39

Sengoku Basara Samurai Heroes: Official Complete Works

Author: Capcom (November 6, 2012)
Page Count: 152
Amazon $24.99

Shining Hearts: Collection of Visual Materials

Author: Tony Taka, Sega (October 9, 2012)
Amazon $24.99

Sonic the Hedgehog, History of

Author: Marc Petronille, William Audureau, Sega (October 9, 2012)
Page Count: 300
Amazon $23.09

Takehito Harada Art Works

Author: Takehito Harada (April 9, 2013)
Amazon $24.99
Features:
All four Disgaea titles, as well as Prinny 1 & 2, Makai Kingdom, and Phantom Brave

Tomb Raider: Art of Survival

Author: BradyGames (March 18, 2013)
Publisher: BradyGames
Amazon $26

Transformers, Art of Fall of Cybertron

Author: Mark Bellomo (October 23, 2012)
Publisher: IDW Publishing
Amazon $23.09

Valkyria Chronicles 3: Complete Artworks

Author: Raita Honjou (March 26, 2013)
Amazon $29.69

[/CUSTOMSPOILER]

[CUSTOMSPOILER=Possibly Cancelled?]

Assassin's Creed: Art ( R )evolution

Editor: Debora Ferrari (October 2, 2012)
Amazon $19.46

ICO and Shadow of the Colossus, Art of

Editor: Ronnie Gramazio (October 15, 2013)
Amazon $40.95

League of Legends, Art of

Editor: Ronnie Gramazio (July 16, 2013)
Amazon $40.95

Portal 2, Art of (currently MIA)

Author: Andy McVittie (November 13, 2012)
Amazon $23.09
[URL="http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/art-of-portal-2-valve/1111297457%22%22%5DB&N"]http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/art-of-portal-2-valve/1111297457%22%22%5DB&N[/url]"][/url]http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/art-of-portal-2-valve/1111297457""]B&N[/url][/URL]$23.12

Twisted Metal, Art of

Editor: Ronnie Gramazio (May 14, 2013)
Amazon $40.95
[/CUSTOMSPOILER]

Last edited by a moderator:
Just a heads up, but the Sega Arcade: Pop-Up History KS is in it's last 30+ hours, so don't miss out if interested. This books cover is exclusive to KS, and won't be offered with later versions. And they did meet a stretch goal, so instead of 5 deluxe pop ups, there is now 6 with Power Drift being the latest addition. https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/darrenwall/sega-arcade-pop-up-history?ref=48hr

BTW, did anyone get their Art Of Metal Gear I-IV yet? These books are amazing and at the $50 I paid, is a value beyond belief. Currently perfect rating on Amazon, and for those who want to see the content, just check Youtube, plenty of vids up now. Both books weigh about 12 pounds total, and are just filled with that amazing Metal Gear art.

Sadly, I never really cared for any of the games past the first(and the GB color, amazing BTW), but I always found the art style some of the best in all of gaming. I have hundreds of art, guides, magazines, and gaming publications across tons of subjects, and this is for sure one of the best I own. Even at the full retail price, this set is worth it, but with this being CAG, others may think otherwise. LOL

Did anyone get the Art of Ni No Kuni 2 book that came out this week?  Based on the amazon pics (which I am not sure whether to trust), it appears to be the King's Edition art book with a different cover.  Not sure if that's correct or what the dimensions are.

Did anyone get the Art of Ni No Kuni 2 book that came out this week? Based on the amazon pics (which I am not sure whether to trust), it appears to be the King's Edition art book with a different cover. Not sure if that's correct or what the dimensions are.
I'm not aware of a "King's Edition" for any NNK2 books, are you referring to the Revenant Kingdom Collector's Edition guide? If so, one is an art book, and the is a strategy guide, which like most guides, will include art pics as well, but is mostly guide. The art book will be the opposite, as it will be mostly art, with maybe some info and or text that give details about the art(but probably not much for guide help).

I'm not aware of a "King's Edition" for any NNK2 books, are you referring to the Revenant Kingdom Collector's Edition guide? If so, one is an art book, and the is a strategy guide, which like most guides, will include art pics as well, but is mostly guide. The art book will be the opposite, as it will be mostly art, with maybe some info and or text that give details about the art(but probably not much for guide help).
No. I'm referring to the art book that came with the Ni No Kuni King's Edition. The couple of preview pages Amazon has for the Titan-published art book look the same as the King's Edition art book.

No. I'm referring to the art book that came with the Ni No Kuni King's Edition. The couple of preview pages Amazon has for the Titan-published art book look the same as the King's Edition art book.
Ah, I got you, well in that case, that will require some one with knowledge of both. I'll take a look around and see what I can find(if anything).

EDIT: Well, all I could find out is that the King's Edition book is labeled exclusive and clocks in at 148 pages, while the latest one on Amazon is 152 pages. I would say for both to be so close in page numbers, they probably do in fact share most content, but there is a 4 page difference to consider.

Ah, I got you, well in that case, that will require some one with knowledge of both. I'll take a look around and see what I can find(if anything).

EDIT: Well, all I could find out is that the King's Edition book is labeled exclusive and clocks in at 148 pages, while the latest one on Amazon is 152 pages. I would say for both to be so close in page numbers, they probably do in fact share most content, but there is a 4 page difference to consider.
I did glance at a page comparison between the Amazon preview pics - I guess it wasn't exactly the same as the King's edition. The layout and design is a little different (one of the pages even lost some art due to the layout change). I'm sure most of the content is pretty similar.

To my surprise and completely forgot I got l The Art of MGS 1-4 and by god it was worth it. I can honestly say the box housing the 2 massive books is well worth it. Just also found out they are refunding me about $15 from the preorder. Only bad thing is some of the pages stuck together from printing. Nothing to crazy but slightly annoying and worried I might damage this thing. Either way very happy with my purchase.

To my surprise and completely forgot I got l The Art of MGS 1-4 and by god it was worth it. I can honestly say the box housing the 2 massive books is well worth it. Just also found out they are refunding me about $15 from the preorder. Only bad thing is some of the pages stuck together from printing. Nothing to crazy but slightly annoying and worried I might damage this thing. Either way very happy with my purchase.
Yeah I got mine yesterday too and was extremely impressed. I had considered canceling it a bit ago but since it had dropped randomly so cheap while I had it pre-ordered it was hard to pass it up. Glad I didn't!

Well here's a pairing I don't know what to make of, as Capcom is teaming up with Pix'n Love for a limited edition Mega Man 11 bundle in EU. Now for those of you who don't know, Pix'n Love has made some of the best gaming related books ever, as they have many amazing books with only a handful ever translated to English. Now the only thing that rivals their great books, is probably how poor their service has been in the past.

In some ways this is a perfect pairing, as they where once tops, much like Capcom, only to fall from grace due to their own boneheaded business practices. Well they have reworked their site, so hopefully this means a new beginning(just like Capcom seems to be experiencing), as they do make some amazing books, but service......ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK! LOL

https://www.pixnlovepublishing.com/game-series/856-mega-man-11-collector-s-edition-ps4.html

https://www.pixnlovepublishing.com/game-series/857-mega-man-11-collector-s-edition-xbox-one.html

I got that email this morning too, and agree with your assessment of Pix'n Love. I wonder if Capcom is moving away from Udon, or is this just a special case since it's more of a CE game not an artbook

Well here's a pairing I don't know what to make of, as Capcom is teaming up with Pix'n Love for a limited edition Mega Man 11 bundle in EU. Now for those of you who don't know, Pix'n Love has made some of the best gaming related books ever, as they have many amazing books with only a handful ever translated to English. Now the only thing that rivals their great books, is probably how poor their service has been in the past.

In some ways this is a perfect pairing, as they where once tops, much like Capcom, only to fall from grace due to their own boneheaded business practices. Well they have reworked their site, so hopefully this means a new beginning(just like Capcom seems to be experiencing), as they do make some amazing books, but service......ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK! LOL

https://www.pixnlovepublishing.com/game-series/856-mega-man-11-collector-s-edition-ps4.html

https://www.pixnlovepublishing.com/game-series/857-mega-man-11-collector-s-edition-xbox-one.html
How have they packaged in the past? I don't even want to bother if they just ship it in a cheap mailer. I love it when someone puts together a super attractive CE or book and then makes sure it gets destroyed during shipping. There is an independent UK publisher of "making of" horror movie books who eventually let customers know if they have a problem with damaged books not to order online. haha.... No problem. It's why I avoid Signature Edition's LEs - I have not heard positive comments regarding their packaging.

How have they packaged in the past? I don't even want to bother if they just ship it in a cheap mailer. I love it when someone puts together a super attractive CE or book and then makes sure it gets destroyed during shipping. There is an independent UK publisher of "making of" horror movie books who eventually let customers know if they have a problem with damaged books not to order online. haha.... No problem. It's why I avoid Signature Edition's LEs - I have not heard positive comments regarding their packaging.
In the past, it was pretty shit if memory serves well, I was just lucky to never get anything damaged. But I remember one package arrived, and the box was half open, and by some miracle, the book didn't fall out. I'm pretty sure they used those book mailers, which can be good, when the quality is right in regards to cardboard thickness. There must be better mailing, or lack of thick cardboard in the UK, as 9/10 things I get, come in cardboard that is one step above paper. LOL I've yet to get anything close to the level of products I use here in the states, and I ship tons of stuff each year, so I know the good from the bad.

I had an issue with one of my first Signature Edition orders, and it was handled amazingly well. Since then, I've been hearing some rather bad stories, but I haven't had any further problems since. If I end up ordering from Pix'N Love, Paypal will have to be the option, so when shit goes tits up, I'll be good to go. But honestly, I'll probably pass for now and hope qty's are left later, when I know if they have improved or not. As is, their past CS was beyond terrible, and for a company that has such well received books, it's beyond mind boggling.

They have tons of great books in French I believe, and all that's required is translation, production and shipping, and that seemed beyond their scope for the whole time I shopped from them. I never had any specific problems, but I've seen probably more horror stories than almost any other company I know of in gaming. That's why I said enter at your own risk, but I know many will take a gamble anyways, so that's why I posted the link.

Yeah I got mine yesterday too and was extremely impressed. I had considered canceling it a bit ago but since it had dropped randomly so cheap while I had it pre-ordered it was hard to pass it up. Glad I didn't!
I was gonna wait on it, but hearing all the praise pushed me over the edge. It just dropped back down to $48 (40%off), so I placed an order

Thanks to everyone here for reminding me about the MGS art book!  The art from this series is one of, if not my all-time, favorite from a video game series!

I just placed an order for it!  I ended up getting it for under $30 because I had a gift card, but the base $47.99 price seems like a fantastic deal!

I was gonna wait on it, but hearing all the praise pushed me over the edge. It just dropped back down to $48 (40%off), so I placed an order
Thanks to everyone here for reminding me about the MGS art book! The art from this series is one of, if not my all-time, favorite from a video game series!

I just placed an order for it! I ended up getting it for under $30 because I had a gift card, but the base $47.99 price seems like a fantastic deal!
Yeah, this book is sitting at 11 perfect five star reviews on Amazon, and that's not an easy task. Like I said earlier, didn't like much game wise past MGS1 & Ghost of Babel, but the art style has always been beyond amazing. This book deserves the praise and then some, and the sub $50 price is a steal(grab it while you can), as this is a $100 value easily.

I'm not a Metal Gear fan, but I love Yoji Shinkawa's art for the series. That said, how much of his work is in that new box set and/or is it worth getting for someone like me?

Unrelated: I just noticed a listing on Amazon for The Art of Bravely Default for Feb. 2019 from Dark Horse. Guessing it's an English localization of Bravely Default Design Works: The Art of Bravely 2010-2013. Going by the description, it sounds like they'll be releasing the Bravely Second artbook as well (or rather rereleasing, since it was previously included in the North American Collector's Edition).

I'm not a Metal Gear fan, but I love Yoji Shinkawa's art for the series. That said, how much of his work is in that new box set and/or is it worth getting for someone like me?

Unrelated: I just noticed a listing on Amazon for The Art of Bravely Default for Feb. 2019 from Dark Horse. Guessing it's an English localization of The Art of Bravely 2010-2013? Going by the description, it sounds like they'll be releasing the Bravely Second artbook as well (or rather, rereleasing, since it was included in the N. American Collector's Edition).
Thanks for the heads up on that Bravely Default book, as I'm yet to play my copy, but the art style always looked rather cool.

As for the Metal Gear book, click on the image on Amazon's sight, as this has a rather large "look inside" option. Then you can search Youtube videos for even more content and see if it's to your liking.

Another exciting Dark Horse acquisition of a Square Enix artbook has apparently happened: NieR:Automata World Guide will release on May 7, 2019, according to Amazon. I imported a copy of the (much cheaper) Japanese version earlier this year, so looks like I'll be double dipping again...

Interestingly, it's listed as "Volume 1", even though the Japanese edition has no such designation, afaik. I hope this means that the NieR Gestalt/Replicant artbook Grimoire NieR will be "Volume 2".

We really need Grimoire NieR to get a US release. It has the final ending of the game in it, for God's sake. I've still got a translated PDF saved deep in my old bookmarks, but I'd love to have the real thing! 

3rd Editions is releasing a making-of / art book for Dead Cells called The Heart of Dead Cells: A Visual Making-Of. There's a standard edition ($29.95 on Amazon) and a collector's edition with a custom cover and dust jacket ($39.90 exclusive to 3rd Editions site).

If you're not aware of 3rd Editions, they're a French company that recently started translating their back catalog to English via a couple Kickstarters. Most of the books are text only and focus on lore, game development, and impact, etc. I believe this is their first foray into more of an art book style.

the-heart-of-dead-cells-a-visual-making-of-collector-english.jpg

the-heart-of-dead-cells-a-visual-making-of-collector-english.jpg

3rd Editions is releasing a making-of / art book for Dead Cells called The Heart of Dead Cells: A Visual Making-Of. There's a standard edition ($29.95 on Amazon) and a collector's edition with a custom cover and dust jacket ($39.90 exclusive to 3rd Editions site).

If you're not aware of 3rd Editions, they're a French company that recently started translating their back catalog to English via a couple Kickstarters. Most of the books are text only and focus on lore, game development, and impact, etc. I believe this is their first foray into more of an art book style.

<snip>
Thanks for the heads up on this. I will keep my eye on the 3rd Editions version as I never wanted to invest in the other books from their catalog because it was too wordy for coffee table use, but this is more in line with what I would look for in one.

Thanks for the heads up on this. I will keep my eye on the 3rd Editions version as I never wanted to invest in the other books from their catalog because it was too wordy for coffee table use, but this is more in line with what I would look for in one.
Yep, same for me, as I was familiar with their books, but I need art to go along with video gaming text, as it's a visual hobby. It's cool that places offer more text heavy only type books, but I normally pass on those unless it's really some interesting topic. Thanks Wings for the heads up, as this is an instant purchase for me.

Does anyone know if these guys charge right away, or once the item is getting ready to ship? I would like to order it ASAP, but LRG took my allotted CC funds for this week, so I'll have to wait if they charge right away.

Yep, same for me, as I was familiar with their books, but I need art to go along with video gaming text, as it's a visual hobby. It's cool that places offer more text heavy only type books, but I normally pass on those unless it's really some interesting topic. Thanks Wings for the heads up, as this is an instant purchase for me.

Does anyone know if these guys charge right away, or once the item is getting ready to ship? I would like to order it ASAP, but LRG took my allotted CC funds for this week, so I'll have to wait if they charge right away.
All the books I have from them are via Kickstarter so I haven't ordered from their site. I'll probably just get the standard version from Amazon (the $10 premium and $7 shipping scared me away).

If any of you are looking to pick up the 3rd Editions books, Barnes and Noble carries them for about the same price as Amazon, and has a $10 off $100 promotion right now (Code: Studious). I was able to pick up 4 of them for about $22 each a few days ago. The prices fluctuate a lot so they're all a little higher than I paid for right now.

I finally made some time to flip through my copy of The Art of Metal Gear Solid I-IV last night and, man, are those books BEAUTIFUL.  SO MUCH art, including some... adult sketches I wasn't expecting.  Also, I really can't overstate how heavy the collection is- I hope it doesn't break one of my shelves!

Does anyone have Dark Horse's Art of MGS V art book?  I'm thinking of buying it to pair with the I-IV books if it is of similar quality/level of awesomeness.

Hell Yeah! I like the format of having a book dedicated to the hardware itself. That's better than the dedicated cover art books they've done in the past IMO.

Out of curiosity, which do you like better: Geeks-Line or Bitmap Books? I have all of Geeks-Line, but only the NES/Famicom slipcased from Bitmap. Is it worth getting both series?

Out of curiosity, which do you like better: Geeks-Line or Bitmap Books? I have all of Geeks-Line, but only the NES/Famicom slipcased from Bitmap. Is it worth getting both series?
Well, both are great, and I would say Bitmap Books has more offerings, as well as a more diverse line up. Geeks Line has had some French language books that have gotten translated, as well as some new offerings, but their books are all pretty much in the "anthology" style format(which isn't a problem, as it rocks).

Bitmap offered a NeoGeo book not long ago that was amazing, and would have fit well along side any of these anthology offerings. Their Point & Click book just shipped, so mine should be here within the week, and I can already tell that book will be amazing as well. Their compendiums make up the bulk of their offerings, but you already have one and should know what there like. If you like the Amiga or C64, those books are just as good as the NES/Famicom(or the SNES for that matter), give some of those a try as well, as all are great. A Sega Master System one is coming early next year, and I can't wait(the KS was posted here when it was offered).

It really comes down to personal preference, as both publishers offer amazing gaming books of the highest quality. I have received damages from both places, and while they always fix said issues with no big hoop jumping, I will say Bitmap is faster in this process. Bitmap uses DHL for international shipping, so as soon as I let Sam know I had an issue, his distro center sends a new order express each time, so within a few days I've got the replacement(from the UK). Geeks Line uses a distro center within the US(ships all books here by boat, and ships from here to save cost), so once they confirm the damage, the distro in the US will resend, but their never in a rush, so it may take a few weeks to get the replacement(normally FedEX ground).

Overall both are great, and it comes down to what content you might like. I have all of Geeks Line English offerings so far, but not all the Bitmap Books, as some are for systems or content I'm not interested in. I support both whenever possible, and both have books that are top pieces in my collection.

BTW, Geeks-Line most recent offering, the Gamecube Anthology was just released recently, and they are offering the last few "Ultimate Editions" on their site. This edition was exclusive to the KS campaign, but they hold back stock for damages(or just didn't reach the LE number of 1000). Either way, this book will be gone soon, and this is your only shot to get it for retail pricing.

https://www.geeksline-publishing.com/home/28-gamecube-anthology-ultimate-edition-9791093752440.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ox7E5CET2NQ

on

BTW, Geeks-Line most recent offering, the Gamecube Anthology was just released recently, and they are offering the last few "Ultimate Editions" on their site. This edition was exclusive to the KS campaign, but they hold back stock for damages(or just didn't reach the LE number of 1000). Either way, this book will be gone soon, and this is your only shot to get it for retail pricing.

https://www.geeksline-publishing.com/home/28-gamecube-anthology-ultimate-edition-9791093752440.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ox7E5CET2NQ
once i added to cart, the price went up $5. weird

Just a heads up, but the Super Nintendo Anthology KS only has 3-4 days left, and I know for many here, the SNES is their favorite system(myself included), and this book looks to be amazing.
Do these ever get sold outside Kickstarter afterwards? If it had been like Bitmap books, I probably would have ordered it. That Art of Point and Click one was impressive.

Do these ever get sold outside Kickstarter afterwards? If it had been like Bitmap books, I probably would have ordered it. That Art of Point and Click one was impressive.
Yeah, the art of P&C was insane, did you get the standard or collector's edition?

Geeks-Line does offer their standard editions on their site after the fact, but as far as the KS exclusives go, they are limited to whatever number is being produced(in this case 1000). As stated, they do offer the extra's on their site, but only what's left for losses, damages, or remaining of 1000. So the KS exclusive is at 877 reserved at the moment, and with 3+ days left, this will probably sell out, so I would reserve a copy now. As there is no telling if they will have any extras when it's all said and done.

Their Playstation KS exclusive had a foil sleeve for the cover and some extra pages(I believe), but I don't think they offered those and if they did, they didn't have them long as I never saw them on their site. The SNES is one of the greatest consoles of all time, so I expect these to be in high demand after the fact.

Well, I don't really care much about the hardware half of the set, which is another reason I'm hesitant. The KS exclusive is for the set, and I mostly just want the hardcover software half.

As for Point and Click, I got the hardcover version. I don't recall if that was considered the collector's version or not. Not the CE, since I didn't care for the extras.

Well, I don't really care much about the hardware half of the set, which is another reason I'm hesitant. The KS exclusive is for the set, and I mostly just want the hardcover software half.

As for Point and Click, I got the hardcover version. I don't recall if that was considered the collector's version or not. Not the CE, since I didn't care for the extras.
If you only want the one book, you should be fine, as they should have plenty of those after the fact. The limited book bundle would be the only worry.

I find it odd that they are re-releasing the separate Classic / X series books instead of the compilation MM20 art book. It's cool to have them separate--not going to lie, I already have both on my shelf--just odd. 

What I Really hope that Udon does is re-release the Darksiders artbooks to capitalize on the hype for the third game. Their second hand prices are just disgusting. I'm lucky enough to have a nice copy of the first one, but my copy of the second one got all kinds of messed up when my Metal Gear Rising plasma lamp sprung a spontaneous leak many years ago :/.

They actually released a MM25 version a few years back. That one is hard to find (especially in hardcover).

I have the Darksider ones in hardcover. If they do release a 3rd, I hope it'll match those.

They actually released a MM25 version a few years back. That one is hard to find (especially in hardcover).

I have the Darksider ones in hardcover. If they do release a 3rd, I hope it'll match those.
Yeah, MM25 is what I meant. There is an SF20 artbook, and I always get those numbers transposed with the Mega Man one. You are sitting on an actual gold mine with those Darksiders books.

I really need to take inventory of all my books, and start a spreadsheet or something as I have tons of those Udon books I got cheap years ago, and haven't touch the stack since they came out the shipping box. I bought some for me, and some to sell, but first I need to figure out what I have, and what I don't. My God, how did I get so far down this rabbit hole with no hope of ever getting out. LOL

bread's done
Back