The unOFFICIAL Art Book Pre-Order Thread

ragingst0rm6

CAGiversary!
Feedback
94 (100%)
Welcome to the Official CAG Art Book Pre-Order Thread
I am totally ripping off Ionotropic's CE Guide Thread's Wiki format. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery!

Alien: Isolation, The Art of

Author: Andy McVittie (October 7, 2014)
Publisher: Titan Books
Page Count: 176
Amazon $26.56

Assassin's Creed Unity: Abstergo Entertainment: Employee Handbook

Author: Ubisoft (November 4, 2014)
Publisher: Insight Editions
Page Count: 152
Amazon $28.46

Batman: Arkham Trilogy, The Art of

Author: Rocksteady Studios (April 14, 2015)
Publisher: Abrams
Page Count: 320
Amazon $27.51

Book of Life, The Art of

Author: Jorge Gutierrez and Guillermo del Toro (September 30, 2014)
Publisher: Dark Horse Books
Page Count: 184
Amazon $24.91

Breath of Fire: Official Complete Works

Author: Keiji Inufane, Tatsuya Yoshikawa, Capcom (September 9, 2014)
Publisher: Udon Entertainment
Page Count: 192
Amazon $28.06

Destiny, The Art of

Author: Bungie (December 16, 2014)
Page Count: 160
Amazon $32.10 ($45.00 MSRP)

Destiny: The Poster Collection

Author: Insight Editions (October 14, 2014)
Page Count: 40
Amazon $18.62 ($24.99 MSRP)

Devil May Cry: A Divine Comedy

Author: Medhi El Kanafi / Nicolas Courcier (July 22, 2014)
Publisher: Les Edition Pix'N Love
Amazon $37.04

Dishonored: The Dunwall Archives

Author: Bethesda Games (November 25, 2014)
Page Count: 1
Amazon $28.06

Dragon Age: Inquisition, The Art of
Author: Bioware (October 7, 2014)
Amazon $28.06

Dragon Age Inquisition: Prima Official Inquisitor Edition

Author: Bungie (November 18, 2014)
Publisher: Prima
Page Count: 368
Amazon $107.99 ($119.99 MSRP)

Evil Within, The Art of
Author: Bethesda Games (October 14, 2014)
Page Count: 1
Amazon $28.06

5th Cell, The Art of
Author: Edison Yan (November 11, 2014)
Page Count: 168
Amazon $29.99

Gran Turismo 5, Art of

Author: Daniel Wade (November 11, 2014)
Publisher: Ballistic Publishing
Page Count: 256
Amazon $40.95
51eTmiAUyYL._SS500_.jpg

Naughty Dog, The Art of

Author: Naughty Dog Studios (October 14, 2014)
Amazon $28.06

Resident Evil 6 Artworks

Author: Capcom (October 7, 2014)
Page Count: 272
Amazon $31.20

SF25: The Art of Street Fighter

Author: Capcom (August 12, 2014)
Page Count: 448
Amazon $40.64

UDON's Art of Capcom: Complete Edition

Author: Alvin Lee, Arnold Tsang, Jeffrey Chamba Cruz, Joe Ng, and Omar Dogan (November 11, 2014)
Page Count: 600!
Amazon $53.23

Uncharted Trilogy, The Art of the

Author: Naughty Dog (April 28, 2015)
Page Count: 240
Amazon $30.00

Witcher, The World of

Author: CD Projekt Red (March 17, 2015)
Amazon $27.10
============================
Previously Released Art Book Archive
============================

[CUSTOMSPOILER=Previously Released]

Assassin's Creed III, Art of

Author: Andy McVittie (October 30, 2012)
Page Count: 144
Amazon $19.77
Special Features: Hardcover

Atelier: Artworks of Arland

Author: Mel Kishida, Gust (May 5, 2013)
Amazon $28.11

Bayonetta: Eyes of

Author: Sega (July 11, 2013)
Page Count: 224
Amazon $31.49
Special Features: DVD

Bioshock Infinite: Art of

Author: Ken Levine (March 12, 2013)
Amazon $23.52

Blizzard, Art of

Author: Nick Carpenter, Sam Didier, Chris Metzen (December 25, 2012)
Page Count: 352
Amazon $47.25

Borderlands 2, Art of

Author: BradyGames (November 5, 2012)
Page Count: 208
Amazon $25.00

Darksiders II, Art of

Author: Joe Madureira, THQ (November 13, 2012)
Page Count: 200
Amazon $24.99

Dead Space: Art Of (Clamshell Edition) (January 28, 2013)

Author: Martin Robinson
Page Count: 224 (192 Normal + 32 Exclusive)
Limited Time You Get A Chrome Plated Marker Pendant As A Bonus (dead)
EA Store $65.00

Dead Space: Art of (Regular) (January 28, 2013)

Author: Martin Robinson
Amazon $23.07

Devil Survivor: Official Material Collection (June 11, 2013)

Amazon $26.57

Eve: Source

Author: CCP Games (March 18, 2014)
Amazon $29.22
Final Fantasy, The Sky: Art of

Author: Yoshitaka Amano (October 30, 2012)
Page Count: 800
Book Depository (US) $104.99
Special Features: Hardcover, Boxed Set

Final Fantasy (Slipcase Edition), The Sky: Art of

Author: Yoshitaka Amano (July 2, 2013)
Page Count: 576
Amazon $56.69
Special Features: Hardcover, Slipcase Edition

Growlanser Art Works
Author: Satoshi Urushihara (March 12, 2013)
Amazon $24.99

Halo 4, Awakening: Art of

Author: Paul Davies (November 6, 2012)
Amazon $23.07

Heroes and Heroines: Japanese Video Game + Animation Illustration

Editor: Yoshiyuki Oba (October 2, 2012)
Publisher: PIE International
Amazon $16.74

Kingdom Hearts, The Artwork of

Author: Shiro Amano (October 29, 2013)
Publisher: Yen Press
Amazon $21.16

The Last of Us, The Art of

Author: Naughty Dog Studios (July 16, 2013)
Publisher: Dark Horse
Amazon $26.03

Legend of Zelda: Hyrule Historia

Author: Shigeru Miyamoto, Eiji Aonuma, Akira Himekawa (January 29, 2013)
Amazon $20.99

Mario Goodies Collection
Author: Naughty Dog Studios (May 28, 2014)
Publisher: Les Editions Pix'N Love
Amazon $26.88

Remember Me, The Art of

Author: Various (May 28, 2013)
Publisher: Dark Horse
Amazon $26.39

Sengoku Basara Samurai Heroes: Official Complete Works

Author: Capcom (November 6, 2012)
Page Count: 152
Amazon $24.99

Shining Hearts: Collection of Visual Materials

Author: Tony Taka, Sega (October 9, 2012)
Amazon $24.99

Sonic the Hedgehog, History of

Author: Marc Petronille, William Audureau, Sega (October 9, 2012)
Page Count: 300
Amazon $23.09

Takehito Harada Art Works

Author: Takehito Harada (April 9, 2013)
Amazon $24.99
Features:
All four Disgaea titles, as well as Prinny 1 & 2, Makai Kingdom, and Phantom Brave

Tomb Raider: Art of Survival

Author: BradyGames (March 18, 2013)
Publisher: BradyGames
Amazon $26

Transformers, Art of Fall of Cybertron

Author: Mark Bellomo (October 23, 2012)
Publisher: IDW Publishing
Amazon $23.09

Valkyria Chronicles 3: Complete Artworks

Author: Raita Honjou (March 26, 2013)
Amazon $29.69

[/CUSTOMSPOILER]

[CUSTOMSPOILER=Possibly Cancelled?]

Assassin's Creed: Art ( R )evolution

Editor: Debora Ferrari (October 2, 2012)
Amazon $19.46

ICO and Shadow of the Colossus, Art of

Editor: Ronnie Gramazio (October 15, 2013)
Amazon $40.95

League of Legends, Art of

Editor: Ronnie Gramazio (July 16, 2013)
Amazon $40.95

Portal 2, Art of (currently MIA)

Author: Andy McVittie (November 13, 2012)
Amazon $23.09
[URL="http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/art-of-portal-2-valve/1111297457%22%22%5DB&N"]http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/art-of-portal-2-valve/1111297457%22%22%5DB&N[/url]"][/url]http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/art-of-portal-2-valve/1111297457""]B&N[/url][/URL]$23.12

Twisted Metal, Art of

Editor: Ronnie Gramazio (May 14, 2013)
Amazon $40.95
[/CUSTOMSPOILER]

Last edited by a moderator:
I missed your post the first time, so thanks for bumping it. Decided to support this since the SNES is probably my favorite system of all time.

I'm thinking of picking up the Gamecube, N64, and PS1 books off their website. Would you recommend any in particular over the others? I'm mainly interested in a detailed section on the game releases for each system (hopefully comprehensive and complete) with lots of nice pictures.

I missed your post the first time, so thanks for bumping it. Decided to support this since the SNES is probably my favorite system of all time.

I'm thinking of picking up the Gamecube, N64, and PS1 books off their website. Would you recommend any in particular over the others? I'm mainly interested in a detailed section on the game releases for each system (hopefully comprehensive and complete) with lots of nice pictures.
The PS1 doesn't have the comprehensive game list of the other two for obvious reasons(to many damn games released), so take note of that. You can see here how big their original PS Anthology was in French, but they decided against it for some reason(it came in volumes I believe). https://www.geeksline-publishing.com/content/4-about-us

All 3 books are amazing(GC, N64 PS!), and there are many videos and reviews for them all, as I don't know that I could place one over another. LOL

The PS1 doesn't have the comprehensive game list of the other two for obvious reasons(to many damn games released), so take note of that. You can see here how big their original PS Anthology was in French, but they decided against it for some reason(it came in volumes I believe). https://www.geeksline-publishing.com/content/4-about-us

All 3 books are amazing(GC, N64 PS!), and there are many videos and reviews for them all, as I don't know that I could place one over another. LOL
Thanks for the input. I'll probably start with the Gamecube then move to the N64 and PS1.

Thank God, when I saw this thread get bumped, I was worried another new book was coming, and my wallet can't takes no more. LOL

Fangamer has a promo going on with Legends of Localization. Buy 3 of their books, get a free tote bag. Not a stellar deal, but it's not like Fangamer has deals on their books very often.

https://legendsoflocalization.com/new-legends-of-localization-polo-pins-tote-bag-and-more/

Looks like the qualifying books are:

Thanks for the heads up, as I'm always looking for cool new gaming related books. I normally don't buy books sight unseen, as I need at least a few pics to get an idea of what said book may contain content wise. So here is a site selling the book, and it shows several pics as well. You can also use "PREORDER" at check out for 30% off, which put the final cost at right over $24. A little more than Amazon, but for those who aren't a fan of Amazon, this is an alternative.

https://nostarch.com/gameconsole

EDIT: Actually, upon further inspection, both places seem to be at the same price. Amazon has a coupon and after tax, it seems to be the same as the link I provided. If you have prime of course, as then you get free shipping, otherwise, Amazon would be more at least based on my own location info. I'm for sure gonna grab a preorder, now I just need to decide who to place it with.

Oh God, this is the last thread I need to be reading lol. Been in the art book game for a while now. Idk if y'all care, but movies and TV shows art books are also full of gold(ghost in the Shell movie art book is amazing). Anyone know if B&N or any other book place has deals on black Friday?

Oh God, this is the last thread I need to be reading lol. Been in the art book game for a while now. Idk if y'all care, but movies and TV shows art books are also full of gold(ghost in the Shell movie art book is amazing). Anyone know if B&N or any other book place has deals on black Friday?
Half Price Books? Udon usually has a sale, though it's usually eh. Amazon always has the $10 off $25 or whatever deals for books.
Yeah, Udon used to have killer sales just as of 2 years back and before, but last year they moved their operation, and it was pretty lackluster. As stated. Amazon is good for that $5, but that's it, and I've never seen anything worth a damn from B&N and I'm a rewards member there. Some of the game specific book places may have some deals, but I can't say for sure which ones, or how good they may be.

Udon's was amazing, as it would often be 50% off, and on some of their really good titles.

That annual $5 off $25 Black Friday coupon that Amazon has is a copycat of B&N. B&N also regularly has 15% off coupons through email. Definitely check them when pricing out books.
Yeah, this current year has been pretty bad at B&N for the membership, and I doubt I'll renew again next year. Almost any book I ever want, was priced match close to Amazon or equal to, but this year has been almost none. Even when I get those discount coupons in the mail, I'm still better off using Amazon, as their prices are lower still. So the last few times I got coupons, I didn't even use them, as it would have cost more to do so.

Yeah, this current year has been pretty bad at B&N for the membership, and I doubt I'll renew again next year. Almost any book I ever want, was priced match close to Amazon or equal to, but this year has been almost none. Even when I get those discount coupons in the mail, I'm still better off using Amazon, as their prices are lower still. So the last few times I got coupons, I didn't even use them, as it would have cost more to do so.
Ran into the same problem this year with Barnes. Even with the 15% off, I was able to pick up some movie books that were sold out on Amazon, but Amazon had better prices when it was in stock. I thought last year for bf, Barnes had like 20% something? Comics and manga maybe?

According to Amazon, that Super Mario Encyclopedia is supposed to come out in under 2 days (10/23) though I don't have a shipping notice yet on my order.

Ran into the same problem this year with Barnes. Even with the 15% off, I was able to pick up some movie books that were sold out on Amazon, but Amazon had better prices when it was in stock. I thought last year for bf, Barnes had like 20% something? Comics and manga maybe?
Yea, I was having similar issues this year. Was buying books for the niece, and after factoring coupons, etc., Amazon was cheaper for the same books. It wasn't this case even back in March. I'm going to probably not renew next time also.

They did have good manga sales that beat even Rightstuf by a ton.

I forgot to cancel one of my orders. Guess I'll have a standard and deluxe edition :roll:
I didn't so much forget as not make up my mind. Same issue with the Zelda Encyclopedia. I'm sure it's worth having twice?

Edit: Oh wow, they dropped the price of the deluxe to $50 but my order just shipped today for $71. Requested cancellation and it's on its way back to Amazon.

I forgot to cancel one of my orders. Guess I'll have a standard and deluxe edition :roll:
Yeah, I actually remembered last week to cancel, but then I thought my son would like this, so I kept the standard for an Xmas gift for him. My order was due to arrive today, by local Amazon delivery, but I just got an email stating it was delayed, oh well, better luck tomorrow I guess? I'll for sure be contacting them to complain, as normally I wouldn't bother, but at this point, discounts for their mistakes are about the only way to get them at this point. So I make sure to call them on issues when and where I can, as they aren't doing me any favors at this point.

The price has dropped since first posted over at Amazon, and it's now been released as well with really good reviews. I'm glad now that I spaced it at the time, as now I can get it cheaper. Amazon seems to be lower the prices on tons of books leading up to the holidays, as many books I've had on my wish list have been dropping by good amounts. So for those who like their gaming publications, give a look around, as you may see some decent prices on your most wanted books.

The price has dropped since first posted over at Amazon, and it's now been released as well with really good reviews. I'm glad now that I spaced it at the time, as now I can get it cheaper. Amazon seems to be lower the prices on tons of books leading up to the holidays, as many books I've had on my wish list have been dropping by good amounts. So for those who like their gaming publications, give a look around, as you may see some decent prices on your most wanted books.
Haha. I was tempted to post and ask what you thought of it XD

Haha. I was tempted to post and ask what you thought of it XD
Yeah, I had planned to get this right away, and like most days, I got busy or had some other issue going on and just forgot. Then yesterday morning I saw an article about it, and when I checked the link, I saw the lower price and jumped on it. My copy should be here in a few days, so I'll comment then. But as is, this has perfect reviews, so I'm not worried, as I've spent way more, on much less I'm sure. LOL

I'm thinking of picking this up but I have to wonder if Amazon will be releasing another book coupon this year for Black Friday. Guess I will wait and hope they don't raise the price much by then.
Yeah, even though Amazon is slowly circling the drain in regards to deals and service, holidays are their bread and butter, so I'm sure that offer we get each year will probably happen. As far as the price staying low, that's a gamble for sure. Like I stated, I have been seeing a trend of them dropping prices across a lot of things, books especially, so I'm sure that's due to the holidays, so chances are good it stays low. But for a book like this, that's already $10 off, and has amazing reviews, I would personally buy now, and use that offer on something else if either actually happens, but the choice is yours.

UPDATE: Well, my book arrived Sunday, and like the Amazon reviews state, it's pretty damn cool. It's mostly an archival type book, that shows a little info on each system(year released, price at launch, processor, etc), and shows an interior picture of the system broken down. My only complaint would be it needs more info, and more pictures. LOL

Since this book crams in most gaming systems and handhelds since the start of gaming, it's understandable why there isn't more details/pictures, as there just isn't space. The nature of what's here screams for more, but when starting a project like this, it's often better to go for what you know will work(and can be completed). Instead of shooting for multiple volumes, and maybe not getting past vol. 1, which in turn would leave many systems out if things went wrong. So I applaud the safer road traveled, but the subject matter here could easily support more in-depth details if so desired. 

At full retail of $25 it's a solid buy, but at $16 currently, it's a steal, so for sure a 5 star review from me as well. It's not the best gaming book I own by any stretch, but for the price and what's included, it's a winner, no question.

That's awesome, as I'm glad to see actual books still sell out in this day and age. I'm sure the print run wasn't super large, but still a HUGE congrats, as the book is really good. Like I said previously, even at full price, this was a great buy, and would make a great gift at that price for a gaming fan for the holidays.

EDIT: I see some ass over at Amazon screwed up the perfect 5 star rating because the price went up while in his cart. Like that was the books fault?

That's awesome, as I'm glad to see actual books still sell out in this day and age. I'm sure the print run wasn't super large, but still a HUGE congrats, as the book is really good. Like I said previously, even at full price, this was a great buy, and would make a great gift at that price for a gaming fan for the holidays.

EDIT: I see some ass over at Amazon screwed up the perfect 5 star rating because the price went up while in his cart. Like that was the books fault?
I read that review and left my own comment about his stupid thinking. lol

Even MJR is getting in on The Game Console love fest. Glad I got a copy off Amazon before it sold out!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doZ1YxmXC50&feature=youtu.be

Even MJR is getting in on The Game Console love fest. Glad I got a copy off Amazon before it sold out!
I never follow MJR much, as I only watch the occasional video here and there, but I always thought he was much more knowledgeable on gaming. After watching this vid, I saw he had no clue on many of the items included within, which was fine, I just always thought he knew more(but I guess not).

I don't know if it's been share before, but I just got back from gamestop and bought the new zelda champion book. If you buy their tote bag you can get $40 off the price of the book. That's a pretty good deal if anyone is either on the fence or was actually looking forward to getting it.

I don't know if it's been share before, but I just got back from gamestop and bought the new zelda champion book. If you buy their tote bag you can get $40 off the price of the book. That's a pretty good deal if anyone is either on the fence or was actually looking forward to getting it.
Did you buy the $150 GameStop exclusive version? I went to go pick mine up and they couldn't find it. They said to come back tomorrow and would give me $10 off since they had no idea where it was put by the person who opened the box with it.

Did you buy the $150 GameStop exclusive version? I went to go pick mine up and they couldn't find it. They said to come back tomorrow and would give me $10 off since they had no idea where it was put by the person who opened the box with it.
I hope your copy shows up, as this was one of the reasons I avoided the GS version(loss, damages, excuses,etc), and the lack of a proper discount was the second. I'm hoping they produced a ton of these GS editions, so one day in the future we see a proper discount, but I got the next step down CE from Amazon at a good savings, so I'm happy either way.

I hope your copy shows up, as this was one of the reasons I avoided the GS version(loss, damages, excuses,etc), and the lack of a proper discount was the second. I'm hoping they produced a ton of these GS editions, so one day in the future we see a proper discount, but I got the next step down CE from Amazon at a good savings, so I'm happy either way.
I was a little bit surprised with how heavy the CE was from Amazon. Definitely has some girth to it lol.

Yeah I got their exclusive edition. It came up to be $118 with taxes and the price of the bag. It's a HUGE box, I also got the Amazon edition and that one is smaller. I feel like the orbs are a bit on the bad side of quality but at least they're not eggs like the marvel vs Capcom infinity stones. Everything else is beautiful though, I really hope you can get yours soon.

Yeah I got their exclusive edition. It came up to be $118 with taxes and the price of the bag. It's a HUGE box, I also got the Amazon edition and that one is smaller. I feel like the orbs are a bit on the bad side of quality but at least they're not eggs like the marvel vs Capcom infinity stones. Everything else is beautiful though, I really hope you can get yours soon.
I was able to pick it up this morning. Even then, it took them 10 minutes to find it. What was ridiculous last night was the guy was looking for it on the floor. I asked "Why would my pre-order be on the floor?". He did not have a good answer.

Now to deal with Best Buy who didn't have my Super Mario Party Joycon bundle preorder on release day last Friday...

Hey, better to deal with it today than tomorrow. It's going to be insane. Did you get $20 off the bundle with gcu too? That's a sweet deal, Mario party + joycons for $80.

bread's done
Back