The Unofficial CAG Free Advance Movie Screening Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='RockMySocks10']same, trying to get some tickets for Orlando but can't figure out how to get an RSVP code.[/QUOTE]

Have you tried e-mailing the listed partners? I just sent an e-mail to Acme and the UCF CAB (I think that's the right CAB, anyway). Have not heard back yet, might try e-mailing the other partners as well...

[quote name='HomieGFunk03']I've been trying to navigate the sites but to no avail with finding the RSVP codes for gofobo. Any recommendations? I'm in Chicago.[/QUOTE]Sometimes they have codes on the WGN morning news. If anything pops up I'll let you all know.

[quote name='SexyWolfen']Sometimes they have codes on the WGN morning news. If anything pops up I'll let you all know.[/QUOTE]

Thanks man I appreciate it. I keep getting beat to the punch on these things. IGN gave away tickets to the Red carpet kick-ass premiere yesterday and I had just gone into a meeting when it went up.

Orlando Kick-Ass gofobo.com code for this Thursday's screening: cabu3tp
Only good for one pass per account (had to make another account so my wife could get one).

So, never been to a Gofobo screening before, but I plan to go to the one this Thursday in Orlando. How early should I get there to guarantee getting in? I know they say they overbook it so it's full and all that. Was thinking about being there an hour, maybe an hour and a half early, or is that not enough? Thanks!

[quote name='JediJames2']So, never been to a Gofobo screening before, but I plan to go to the one this Thursday in Orlando. How early should I get there to guarantee getting in? I know they say they overbook it so it's full and all that. Was thinking about being there an hour, maybe an hour and a half early, or is that not enough? Thanks![/QUOTE]

I plan on getting there about an hour early, but I've never been to a Gofobo screening either.

[quote name='JediJames2']So, never been to a Gofobo screening before, but I plan to go to the one this Thursday in Orlando. How early should I get there to guarantee getting in? I know they say they overbook it so it's full and all that. Was thinking about being there an hour, maybe an hour and a half early, or is that not enough? Thanks![/QUOTE]

[quote name='RockMySocks10']I plan on getting there about an hour early, but I've never been to a Gofobo screening either.[/QUOTE]

If it's for Kick-Ass and it's the only showing for Orlando, then I would suggest at least be there 1.5 hours in advance, preferably 2. A local rep for the studio will be in charge and he/she will start to seat people when he/she sees fit. I really want to see this film myself, so I guess I'm just being careful here and wouldn't want you to miss out.

I'm interested in getting an advanced screening of Nightmare On Elm Street but have not found anything yet in my area yet. (MN)

[quote name='luvmysegadc']If it's for Kick-Ass and it's the only showing for Orlando, then I would suggest at least be there 1.5 hours in advance, preferably 2. A local rep for the studio will be in charge and he/she will start to seat people when he/she sees fit. I really want to see this film myself, so I guess I'm just being careful here and wouldn't want you to miss out.[/QUOTE]

is it worth going if I can only get there about an hour early?

[quote name='RockMySocks10']is it worth going if I can only get there about an hour early?[/QUOTE]

Of course it is!
Can't get a seat? See something else. Go out for dinner. Have a beer at your favorite bar. Go home and play something from your backlog. Or if it's easier, just blame Michael Bay (DAMN HIM!!!).

[quote name='luvmysegadc']Of course it is!
Can't get a seat? See something else. Go out for dinner. Have a beer at your favorite bar. Go home and play something from your backlog. Or if it's easier, just blame Michael Bay (DAMN HIM!!!).[/QUOTE]

haha, yeah, I ended up trying, only to see that it was full, so I just went to the hooka bar that's near UCF :p

[quote name='RockMySocks10']haha, yeah, I ended up trying, only to see that it was full, so I just went to the hooka bar that's near UCF :p[/QUOTE]

Ya know, I've never had hooka before. Must try it someday. Anyway, sorry you missed the film. They had one here in Indy Thursday night, but had to work (plus I never was able to score a RSVP pass).

[quote name='RockMySocks10']is it worth going if I can only get there about an hour early?[/QUOTE]

I got there around 6:35ish and saw the huge line. Considering it took me a half hour to get there (came from Kissimmee) I figured I had nothing to lose and waited the hour. First theater filled up and I was only 15 people or so away from the front of the line! Thankfully they decided to delay the movie 15 min to fill up another theater, so from what they said everyone who was there was able to see it. Movie was awesome and so totally worth it!

I got really lucky with Kick-Ass. Just won tickets to the red carpet premiere in Chicago through the C2E2 contest. Couldn't believe it.

[quote name='HomieGFunk03']I got really lucky with Kick-Ass. Just won tickets to the red carpet premiere in Chicago through the C2E2 contest. Couldn't believe it.[/QUOTE]

Congrats. Say, how do you get away with being a Saints fan in Bears Country?

Just noticed Death at a Funeral tickets went up but are already sold out for my local theater. I think it's strange they are making this movie though, I don't see any reason to, the original is great and isn't dated at all! I mean didn't it just come out 2 years ago?

[quote name='sendme']Well I was wrong. the St. Louis MO area has 3 advance screenings. How to train your dragon in St. Louis, the hot tub time machine in Creve Coeur and clash of the titans in Fenton. Only one I really want to check out is clash of the titans only I'm not going to drive 45 minutes to see it 3 days early. Also work hours wont let that happen. Sucks for me.[/QUOTE]

St. Louis does screenings for every major film. It is a top market, so it gets screenings all the time. My website (http://www.reviewstl.com) gives out St. Louis screening passes all the time. We usually have two or three contests going at once. If you want to see something in the St. Louis area, we are probably your best shot. http://www.theflickfanatic.com is another site that gives passes away.

St. Louis sites to get passes:

http://www.reviewstl.com
http://www.theflickfanatic.com
http://www.wearemoviegeeks.com (they don't give out as much as they used to)
http://www.riverfronttimes.com
http://www.stltoday.com

Most weeks there is at the very minimum two or three screenings a week. Although, I've done weeks where I go to ones every night.

Enjoy!

[quote name='sendme']Well I was wrong. the St. Louis MO area has 3 advance screenings. How to train your dragon in St. Louis, the hot tub time machine in Creve Coeur and clash of the titans in Fenton. Only one I really want to check out is clash of the titans only I'm not going to drive 45 minutes to see it 3 days early. Also work hours wont let that happen. Sucks for me.[/QUOTE]

St. Louis does screenings for every major film. It is a top market, so it gets screenings all the time. My website (http://www.reviewstl.com) gives out St. Louis screening passes all the time. We usually have two or three contests going at once. If you want to see something in the St. Louis area, we are probably your best shot. http://www.theflickfanatic.com is another site that gives passes away.

St. Louis sites to get passes:

http://www.reviewstl.com
http://www.theflickfanatic.com
http://www.wearemoviegeeks.com (they don't give out as much as they used to)
http://www.riverfronttimes.com
http://www.stltoday.com

Most weeks there is at the very minimum two or three screenings a week. Although, I've done weeks where I go to ones every night.

Enjoy!

[quote name='luvmysegadc']Congrats. Say, how do you get away with being a Saints fan in Bears Country?[/QUOTE]

I'm relatively new to Chicago and have been a Saints fan all my life, and after sticking with them since they were the ain'ts, I wasn't about to jump ship just cause of a move. The deal when I moved out here was I forgive the bears for keeping us out of the Superbowl in 2007 (with Grossman at the helm no less), they don't give me any crap for rooting for the black and gold.

[quote name='HomieGFunk03']I'm relatively new to Chicago and have been a Saints fan all my life, and after sticking with them since they were the ain'ts, I wasn't about to jump ship just cause of a move. The deal when I moved out here was I forgive the bears for keeping us out of the Superbowl in 2007 (with Grossman at the helm no less), they don't give me any crap for rooting for the black and gold.[/QUOTE]

You are my kind of fan -- a true fan who never turns their back on their home team!!!:applause: This Bears fan salutes you (and the Saints for winning it all -- believe me the Colts fans here were crying:lol:. It so made up for our 7-9 season).

Got to see The Ghost Writer, The Crazies, and Hot Tub Time Machine thanks to Filmmetro. They were great movies, and recommend everyone see them. Been wanting to see Death at a Funeral. It's here in orlando but already sold out :(

I have a question about obtaining RSVP codes. On gofobo it shows the partners for that screening and when I click on their web pages I can't find anywhere as to how to obtain an RSVP code for the screening. Have you guys gotten RSVP codes before and how did you get them? I'm in MN and looking to get a code for the New Nightmare on Elm Street.

thanks !

[quote name='sangredekrazy']I have a question about obtaining RSVP codes. On gofobo it shows the partners for that screening and when I click on their web pages I can't find anywhere as to how to obtain an RSVP code for the screening. Have you guys gotten RSVP codes before and how did you get them? I'm in MN and looking to get a code for the New Nightmare on Elm Street.

thanks ![/QUOTE]

most of the affiliates are local tv or radio stations. They will hold contests or have you call in to win them.

Does anybody have a ticket to see Furry Vengeance in Orlando,FL on saturday? I have a pre screening ticket for Letters to Juliet if anybody wants it in orlando. I would like to see Furry Vengeance.

I have two passes I don't want to the Back Up Plan screenin' for 4/21 at 7pm (Farmingdale, NY). If anyone wants them, PM me with your name so I can reprint (new pdf file) the passes with your name on them.

If names on the passes don't matter, I'll just make somethin' up and send them to you lol.

Thanks for the kind words, luvmysegadc. Do love it here in chicago though!

Iron Man 2 gofobo screenings are going live, but none of them seem to have passes that are not RSVP.

If anyone here is from Minnesota like myself you can enter to win tickets to an advanced screening to Iron Man 2. You need to become a fan of the "Theaters at Mall of America" and then on Monday April 26th and Monday May 3rd they will post something on how to win the tickets.

:( looks like there's nothing in Kentucky.
haven't used any of these sites before, anyone mind explaining how exactly the codes work?
right now it seems like you go to a site, sign up for code, random chance of getting it. if you get it you put that code in another site (gofobo?) and you get ticket to advanced screening, they overbook these screenings so even if you get a code, you have to get there early.

search all sites in op, film metro is most strait forward for finding if there is one in your area. although other ones said there aren't any within 100 miles of my zipcode... location location location fail fail fail.

I think RSVP codes of GOFOBO Iron Man 2 hasn't been sent yet.

Still, Im monitoring my email and various sources closely like a hawk

[quote name='An J0e']:( looks like there's nothing in Kentucky.
haven't used any of these sites before, anyone mind explaining how exactly the codes work?
right now it seems like you go to a site, sign up for code, random chance of getting it. if you get it you put that code in another site (gofobo?) and you get ticket to advanced screening, they overbook these screenings so even if you get a code, you have to get there early.

search all sites in op, film metro is most strait forward for finding if there is one in your area. although other ones said there aren't any within 100 miles of my zipcode... location location location fail fail fail.[/QUOTE]

THERE IS NO FAIL IN THIS DOJO!
Be patient. Smaller markets tend to be few and far between. I'm in a dry spell in Indy, mainly because I currently work a 2nd shift job. But also, I just haven't been able to score RSVPs to Clash or Kick-Ass or The Losers, etc. Have you considered your proximity to another city like Cincy, Knoxville, Memphis or Nashville, if Louisville is your home base?

Just keep trying. Hell, you might score Iron Man 2 passes before the rest of us!

yeah, ill browse at it now and again, if ill just look for codes for any location since kentucky is dry. If i get any for another area ill bring um here.

ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD

im surprise to see you have Indonesia country code.... r u indonesian by any chance?
after i started viewing this thread, i've gotten 2 movie passes already! Thanks a lot!

gas isn't worth it.

At least i have derby coming up, i have picked 4 of the last 5 derby winners (i pick 2 of the 20 horses each time) CHA CHING.

[quote name='FireBearSafety23']and if anybody sees a screening of nightmare on elm street somewhere, let me know!![/QUOTE]

I've got one here in Boston.

[quote name='FireBearSafety23']and if anybody sees a screening of nightmare on elm street somewhere, let me know!![/QUOTE]

Sorry I just saw this but there was one at Winter Park tonight. It's definitely a must see movie! Check out BloodyDisgusting.com...they have a lot of the horror movie screenings...

Looks like a lot of screenings for Letters to Juliet went up on gofobo (at least in the Central Florida area anyway). And the nice thing? No rsvp codes needed! Managed to snag some for the wife and I in Kissimmee.

[quote name='JediJames2']Looks like a lot of screenings for Letters to Juliet went up on gofobo (at least in the Central Florida area anyway). And the nice thing? No rsvp codes needed! Managed to snag some for the wife and I in Kissimmee.[/QUOTE]

547 and counting nationwide. How can you beat a free date movie!?

[quote name='muzras']any infoz for Iron Man 2 in LA area? Sites seem to not haz any for nao. :whistle2:([/QUOTE]

Which site are you looking at? I see one tonight in Burbank and another in L.A. on the 5th. Don't be surprise if a couple of more pop-up at the last minute.

FYI: The word around the net say that all advance screenings DO NOT have the bonus "easter egg" scene at the end of the credits, a la other Marvel films that are apart of the Avengers universe.

[quote name='luvmysegadc']Which site are you looking at? I see one tonight in Burbank and another in L.A. on the 5th. Don't be surprise if a couple of more pop-up at the last minute.

FYI: The word around the net say that all advance screenings DO NOT have the bonus "easter egg" scene at the end of the credits, a la other Marvel films that are apart of the Avengers universe.[/QUOTE]

i am more concerned that they do not have the inception trailer attached to them

thanks for the heads-up

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back