The Unofficial CAG Free Advance Movie Screening Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
thanks which sites though? The ones I selected are not guaranteed/raffle or booked up.

Btw are the just regular showingz, do they haz IMAX for these type of thingyz?

I might just wait to see on midnight on friday 12:01 AMz in IMAX :cool:

I love thiz threadz btw. good jobz. ^_^

ALL HAIL TEH HYPNOTOADz! lolz

[quote name='luvmysegadc']Which site are you looking at? I see one tonight in Burbank and another in L.A. on the 5th. Don't be surprise if a couple of more pop-up at the last minute.

FYI: The word around the net say that all advance screenings DO NOT have the bonus "easter egg" scene at the end of the credits, a la other Marvel films that are apart of the Avengers universe.[/QUOTE]

Just Wright - Orlando, FL at Universal Citywalk
Thursday May 13 7:30 PM
gofobo.com RSVP code
GRORLT8RK
Just got the RSVP code in my inbox from the Green Room Orlando, very nice. Had not been planning on seeing this movie but the wife wanted to (plus her sister and her husband are in town then so that will work out good). Only annoying thing will be having to pay to park, but still, not bad for four free tickets!

I had completely forgotten about Gofobo. I got an e-mail in my inbox inviting me to see Letters to Juliet, which I would have never paid to see... But once my girlfriend found out I got advanced screening tickets for free, she admitted she really wanted to see it. Looks like we'll be going on a double date on the ninth. :p

How do I actually get RSVP codes for certain screenings (through Gofobo) instead of them randomly showin' up in my email for a movie I don't want to see?

I wanna see Iron Man 2 and Nightmare On Elm St. in NYC, but I need them codes.

[quote name='muzras']thanks which sites though? The ones I selected are not guaranteed/raffle or booked up.

Btw are the just regular showingz, do they haz IMAX for these type of thingyz?

I might just wait to see on midnight on friday 12:01 AMz in IMAX :cool:

I love thiz threadz btw. good jobz. ^_^

ALL HAIL TEH HYPNOTOADz! lolz[/QUOTE]

An IMAX screening would be da [expletive deleted]!!!, but I'm pretty sure they are only standard screens. I'll probably see it in IMAX also, just make sure your IMAX screen is legit: http://www.lfexaminer.com/ -- AND -- http://www.lfexaminer.com/theaUSA.htm#IN

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='NovaKane']How do I actually get RSVP codes for certain screenings (through Gofobo) instead of them randomly showin' up in my email for a movie I don't want to see?

I wanna see Iron Man 2 and Nightmare On Elm St. in NYC, but I need them codes.[/QUOTE]

Most screenings will have Partners listed on their page, usually with links to the Partner's website. Go to the Partner websites and do some digging around; sometimes it'll be as a contest, sometimes you just have to find the right person to e-mail. If there is no Partner link just try and find their website through Google or whatever.

Also, just noticed as I was printing up my tickets for Letters to Juliet for the Mother's Day May 9th showings; only the first 100 people will be let in to see the movie! Not sure if it is like that for all of them or if it's just my theater but that could suck; was just planning on getting there an hour early, now may have to plan for at least 90 minutes to two hours before the movie.

[quote name='JediJames2']Most screenings will have Partners listed on their page, usually with links to the Partner's website. Go to the Partner websites and do some digging around; sometimes it'll be as a contest, sometimes you just have to find the right person to e-mail. If there is no Partner link just try and find their website through Google or whatever.[/QUOTE]

Thanks.

[quote name='NovaKane']How do I actually get RSVP codes for certain screenings (through Gofobo) instead of them randomly showin' up in my email for a movie I don't want to see?

I wanna see Iron Man 2 and Nightmare On Elm St. in NYC, but I need them codes.[/QUOTE]

Damn you for having Jaime Koeppe as your avatar photo:drool:.
(...And if you aren't familiar with Jamie: http://www.google.com/images?q=Jaim...ved=0CBsQsAQwAA&ei=OkTdS7neHYXYNYvoiKQH&gbv=2)
Btw, free screenings for Nightmare on Elm St. are done since the release date was Apr. 30th.

[quote name='JediJames2']Just Wright - Orlando, FL at Universal Citywalk
Thursday May 13 7:30 PM
gofobo.com RSVP code
GRORLT8RK
Just got the RSVP code in my inbox from the Green Room Orlando, very nice. Had not been planning on seeing this movie but the wife wanted to (plus her sister and her husband are in town then so that will work out good). Only annoying thing will be having to pay to park, but still, not bad for four free tickets![/QUOTE]

Thank you very much for this. I reserved the ticket for now, bu if I decide to not go, Ill release back into the GOFOBO Pool
ALWAYS UNRESERVE IF YOU KNOW YOU CANT MAKE IT! haha

Guys in terms of Iron Man 2 in Orlando, its a walled garden. Only way to get RSVP codes is through sponsors. I am not holding out for invites through email. I am so angry as I could have gone yesterday and get tickets myself as they were given out at Orlando Paintball
http://twitter.com/OrlandoPaintbal

If you guys have any word on an RSVP code for the screening here in Orlando or Winter Park let me know. If I hear any word on codes, I will gladly post code here as well

Happy Hunting

MUTHAfuckER!!!:bomb:, I just found out that I missed out on 3 RSVP codes for Iron Man 2!!! This is what happens when you're busy dealing with daily life (work, housekeeping, lawn work, etc., etc., etc.). Oh well, at least someone around here will get to see it for free.:roll:

Edit: My local arts theater will be showing it starting Friday. They serve booze. Makes Hypnotoad happy.

[quote name='Masterchip']Thank you very much for this. I reserved the ticket for now, bu if I decide to not go, Ill release back into the GOFOBO Pool
ALWAYS UNRESERVE IF YOU KNOW YOU CANT MAKE IT! haha

Guys in terms of Iron Man 2 in Orlando, its a walled garden. Only way to get RSVP codes is through sponsors. I am not holding out for invites through email. I am so angry as I could have gone yesterday and get tickets myself as they were given out at Orlando Paintball
http://twitter.com/OrlandoPaintbal

If you guys have any word on an RSVP code for the screening here in Orlando or Winter Park let me know. If I hear any word on codes, I will gladly post code here as well

Happy Hunting[/QUOTE]

I have two extra tickets to the one at Universal. Send me your e-mail address and I'll send them to you. I'm not sure if they will work though because it says that your ID must match the name on the ticket.

[quote name='OlDirtyBastard']Got this one from fatwallet for the new yorker's. I got passes but I may have to miss it for a test review.

Get Him To The Greek
Tuesday, May 4, 2010 - Showtime: 6:00PM
Loews Kips Bay
570 Second Ave

http://www.thescreeningexchange.com/ee/
Movie Code for this screening is: 1005042S
Email Your Confirmation Code is: E5[/QUOTE]
Does anyone know how to reprint the passes that I got through the method provided since I never got a chance to print them and never got a confirmation e-mail as well?

I don't know about reprinting but they did call me to confirm hopefully you can get a nonrobot to ask when they call you. Also Mymoviescreenings.com just emailed me a chance to get tickets to a thursday night showing in the city too that you may want to look out for.

Quick question for those of you that have used Gofobo passes before...

I registered and have the passes for Letters to Juliet for this Sunday and I was going to give them to my mom and girlfriend to use since I have no interest in seeing it and I will be on the other side of the state. Will they still be able to use them or do they ID some how?

[quote name='mvp828']Quick question for those of you that have used Gofobo passes before...

I registered and have the passes for Letters to Juliet for this Sunday and I was going to give them to my mom and girlfriend to use since I have no interest in seeing it and I will be on the other side of the state. Will they still be able to use them or do they ID some how?[/QUOTE]

The rules normally state that you need an ID for verification, but I will say YMMV on that. Hot Tub and Ghost Writer screenings that I went to didn't ask for ID, just the email. They tore it in half and gave back half of it (the half without my email address on it -- most likely kept for promotional use). My gut says that with Letters to Juliet being screened on Mother's Day, it's unlikely anyone will check ID's. Just make sure they understand this in advance. It would suck if they aren't allowed into the screening then turn around and blame you.

Btw, what's up with the Red Wings!?#-o They are messing up my dream of a Red Wings/Blackhawks conference finals (Blackhawks winning, of course:lol:)

[quote name='luvmysegadc']The rules normally state that you need an ID for verification, but I will say YMMV on that. Hot Tub and Ghost Writer screenings that I went to didn't ask for ID, just the email. They tore it in half and gave back half of it (the half without my email address on it -- most likely kept for promotional use). My gut says that with Letters to Juliet being screened on Mother's Day, it's unlikely anyone will check ID's. Just make sure they understand this in advance. It would suck if they aren't allowed into the screening then turn around and blame you.

Btw, what's up with the Red Wings!?#-o They are messing up my dream of a Red Wings/Blackhawks conference finals (Blackhawks winning, of course:lol:)[/QUOTE]

Alright thanks...

Yea, I don't know what the hell is going on. First two games we got screwed on those 3 on 5s and bad penalties. Then last night we just laid an egg. Between some questionable calls in the first two games and then our best players just not showing up all series we have been shooting ourselves. It is frustrating to watch, because so many people point the finger at Howard but I mean he is a rookie goalie, and he needs some help on D and O too. Miracles can happen though, so I guess I'll just keep praying they pull their heads out and at least force a Game 5 and go from there.

[quote name='mvp828']Quick question for those of you that have used Gofobo passes before...

I registered and have the passes for Letters to Juliet for this Sunday and I was going to give them to my mom and girlfriend to use since I have no interest in seeing it and I will be on the other side of the state. Will they still be able to use them or do they ID some how?[/QUOTE]

If you want to be on the safe side as far as ID, you always go to your account Settings, change the name, and reprint the passes with your Mom's name. Then if ID needs to be shown, she and her guest are covered.

[quote name='NovaKane']If you want to be on the safe side as far as ID, you always go to your account Settings, change the name, and reprint the passes with your Mom's name. Then if ID needs to be shown, she and her guest are covered.[/QUOTE]

Ah... Good idea thanks.

I ended up just telling her and my gf to both just register on Gofobo since I think there are still some available tickets left for the screening. So unless they aren't able to get them, I will probably go with what you said.

[quote name='NovaKane']If you want to be on the safe side as far as ID, you always go to your account Settings, change the name, and reprint the passes with your Mom's name. Then if ID needs to be shown, she and her guest are covered.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the advice, NK. I'll need to keep that in mind myself.

...Still drooling over Jaime Koeppe -- her tush is so mesmerizing.

[quote name='mvp828']Ah... Good idea thanks.

I ended up just telling her and my gf to both just register on Gofobo since I think there are still some available tickets left for the screening. So unless they aren't able to get them, I will probably go with what you said.[/QUOTE]

No prob.

[quote name='luvmysegadc']Thanks for the advice, NK. I'll need to keep that in mind myself.

...Still drooling over Jaime Koeppe -- her tush is so mesmerizing.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I don't think I can even top my own avi which is why I haven't changed it in forever :cool:

I redeemed a bunch of RSVP codes gofobo sent me for Letters to Juliet, but I don't want to see that shit. It didn't cross my mind to just put the codes here instead of redeemin' them myself until I was done lol.

NYC ppl, I have 4 passes each for all of these locations:

Regal Battery Park Stadium – May 9th @ 4PM
City Cinemas 86th Street East – May 9th @ 4PM
Regal Union Square Stadium 14 – May 9th @ 4PM
Regal 64th and 2nd – May 9th @ 4PM
AMC Empire 25 – May 9th @ 3PM
AMC 84th Street 6 – May 9th @ 3PM
AMC Kips Bay 15 – May 9th @ 3PM
AMC 34th Street 14 – May 9th @ 3PM
Clearview Chelsea – May 9th @ 3PM

If anyone is interested, just PM me with the location you want passes for and the name you want on the passes so I can send them you asap.

I was at an Iron Man 2 premiere on Tues (which was awesome) and they were pretty strict about the ID's at that one. I agree they'll probably be more lax at the 'Letters to Juliet' premiere especially if it's for your mom. And it's not like it's Iron Man 2 or anything....

[quote name='NovaKane']I redeemed a bunch of RSVP codes gofobo sent me for Letters to Juliet, but I don't want to see that shit. It didn't cross my mind to just put the codes here instead of redeemin' them myself until I was done lol.[/QUOTE]

I am somewhat new to the whole RSVP codes through Gofobo... How exactly do they work? Do you have to earn them or what?

[quote name='mvp828']I am somewhat new to the whole RSVP codes through Gofobo... How exactly do they work? Do you have to earn them or what?[/QUOTE]
[quote name='JediJames2']Most screenings will have Partners listed on their page, usually with links to the Partner's website. Go to the Partner websites and do some digging around; sometimes it'll be as a contest, sometimes you just have to find the right person to e-mail. If there is no Partner link just try and find their website through Google or whatever.[/QUOTE]

^ That's what I was told earlier in this thread, I was curious as to how to get them as well.

Also Gofobo will sometimes randomly send you RSVP codes for screenings in your area, but there's a chance it will be for a movie you don't want to see. It's happened to me several times already.

[quote name='sangredekrazy']I was at an Iron Man 2 premiere on Tues (which was awesome) and they were pretty strict about the ID's at that one. I agree they'll probably be more lax at the 'Letters to Juliet' premiere especially if it's for your mom. And it's not like it's Iron Man 2 or anything....[/QUOTE]

Just curious:?:: Did the IM2 screening have The Avenger's-related "easter egg" ending? The interwebs said the studio wasn't going to show it as part of the advance screenings.

helloz mr hornytoadz!

I just came back from watch teh Ironman 2 in IMAXz. :cool:
This one had moar lol moments, I liked Ironman #1 a bit moar.

U haz to watch all teh movie creditz. It then haz a special clip:
a specialz kind of teh hammerz ;)

So wat is da deal on Robin Hood, anyone get screeningz for that.
Hoping to see that one for free. :pray:

[quote name='luvmysegadc']Just curious:?:: Did the IM2 screening have The Avenger's-related "easter egg" ending? The interwebs said the studio wasn't going to show it as part of the advance screenings.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='luvmysegadc']Just curious:?:: Did the IM2 screening have The Avenger's-related "easter egg" ending? The interwebs said the studio wasn't going to show it as part of the advance screenings.[/QUOTE]

The one in Citywalk here in Orlando did indeed have the scene post credits

Was pretty electrifying as the whole crowd was into it and left with an intense buzzing. It was great!

Now that Iron Man 2 is over, I really hope we can get a McGruber and a Get Him to the Greek screening here and perhaps a Prince of Persia screening here in Pleasure Island 24?
I remember when G-Force came out, they had it here in Pleasure Island AMC cause it was a Disney movie, and was complete in 3D which was pretty sweet, even for being a pretty shitty movie haha.

And I think Hard Knocks on Facebook is sponsoring a Robin Hood screneing contest if you guys want to check it out.

I actually didn't wait and am now pissed that I didn't because I have heard that there was the 'easter egg' ending. especilly if it was a reference to THOR! UGH!

Anyways, I don't want to spoil anything but there were many references to the Avengers even during the movie.

How did it go for everyone at the Letters to Juliet screening?

At our screening we managed to secure seats and boy was the theater full of moms haha
Movie itself was cliche and terrible but hey our moms and wives/girlfriends enjoyed it!

Got a Gofobo code from an Orlando Weekly contest, woot!

SHREK FOREVER AFTER
Saturday, May 15, 2010 - 11:00 AM
Premiere Cinema at Fashion Square Mall
3201 E Colonial Drive, Orlando 32803
Gofobo RSVP Code: OW8N

[quote name='Masterchip']The one in Citywalk here in Orlando did indeed have the scene post credits

Was pretty electrifying as the whole crowd was into it and left with an intense buzzing. It was great!

Now that Iron Man 2 is over, I really hope we can get a McGruber and a Get Him to the Greek screening here and perhaps a Prince of Persia screening here in Pleasure Island 24?
I remember when G-Force came out, they had it here in Pleasure Island AMC cause it was a Disney movie, and was complete in 3D which was pretty sweet, even for being a pretty shitty movie haha.

And I think Hard Knocks on Facebook is sponsoring a Robin Hood screneing contest if you guys want to check it out.[/QUOTE]

Wow, they actually have screenings at City Walk and Downtown Disney? Had no idea, always seemed to be up on Colonial. Guess I should keep an eye here then. Thanks for the heads up.

Went to my first movie screening today, Shrek 4. It was great, only had to wait for about 30 mins, no previews and the movie was good. The only bad thing was that I had to drive about 30 mins to get to the movie theater. Thanks, OP!

Free screening tonight at the Lagoon in Downtown MPLS, MN for the new movie "CYRUS."

John C Reilly will be there to introduce it.

Vita.mn presents a special advanced screening of “Cyrus” featuring a pre-screening introduction and chat with actor John C. Reilly and Vita.mn's Christian-Philippe Quilici.

If you’d like to attend, just swing by www.gofobo.com/rsvp and enter this code: VITA7A. Arrive early!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back