Not open for further replies.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
iconamazon.gif
Amazon
Consoles* Amazon did not take preorders, see note.
Games

iconbestbuy.gif
Best Buy
Consoles Both models sold out online & in store
Games

icongs_r1.gif
Gamestop
Games

icontoysrus_r1.gif
Toys R Us
Games

icontarget.gif
Target
Games

iconwalmart_r3.gif
Walmart
Consoles
Wii U Bundle Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Wii U Deluxe Sold out online & in store
Wii U Basic Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Games

Sears
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken

kmart.gif
Kmart
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in-store pre-orders were not taken

newegg.gif
Newegg
Deluxe Bundle Bundled with New Super Mario Bros U, Black Ops 2, and Zombi U-Out of Stock
Games

iconplayasia.gif
Play-Asia
Consoles/Games Reservation List Only for NTSC Basic & Deluxe models

Fry's Electronics
Consoles Both models sold out online
Games

Staples
Games

J&R
Consoles Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location.
Games

Nebraska Furniture Mart
Accessories
Games

:hot:Nintendo World Store
Consoles: Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location in NYC.

Notes:

• Newegg, as of now (Friday before launch) is selling the deluxe console as a bundle only. It is listed for immediate shipping, not as a pre-order.

• *Amazon email sent out to those who signed up for Wii U pre-order notification:
Dear Amazon.com Customer,

Thank for you signing up to be notified when the Wii U is available.
Unfortunately the Wii U console is not available at Amazon.com at this time but please check back in the future, as availability may change. We do have the latest Wii U games and accessories available now so check them out. Thank you for shopping with Amazon Video Games.
System Information

YWbCj.png

Last edited by a moderator:
My GameStop experience today was similar to most others... I was told that they were going to stop taking pre-orders for the Premium Wii U later today. They implication, though, was the standard version seemed pretty wide open. According to the guy I spoke to, I was around #23 or so on the list, which surprised me.

Again, like all GameStop stuff, I'm taking this with a grain of salt. The guy seemed pretty certain that I'd be good to go on launch day and appeared to be basing it on some kind of actual numbers, so I'm just going to sit tight and see. Still, it seems like they're shutting down Day 1 pre-orders soon... the question is when they'll open up pre-orders for later shipments.

I don't know... I'm still not convinced that this will be Wii-levels of tough to find, but I also know I don't want to go through those 3 goddamn months of trying to find a system again.

[quote name='dragonjud']Nope. But 37 pages of rumors and giddy fanboys will have you thinking otherwise.
A new Mario game (yawn, after about 5 in a 3 year span). Zombi-u, and Rayman (the new one). Aside from that, all other titles from now until the Holiday season are nothing but rehashes. Which you can either pay $60.00 for the Wii-u version, or find the ps3 or 360 versions for anywhere between $15-$30.
This is old technology, and the crazy 37 pages on this thread just makes me shake my head.:roll:[/QUOTE]

exclusives with no guarantee this wont be hard to find later. i think most people are basing this off the wii.

the reason for the preorder stopping is likely to avoid the madness of xbox 360 preorders where too many were preordered and couldnt fulfill it all. also i doubt nintendo has given a clear number on how many units they will have out on launch day. gamestop also did the 1 per customer thing for the wii.

gamestop especially has been doing this for years and probably have a good grasp on what to expect.....best buy is proven to be incompetent with their stock tracking as evidenced by their website and in store employees. they are probably going to be a madhouse if they are letting people preorder 7 wii u's for 5 dollars a piece. and wal mart will get a completely random number of stuff as they do with everything aka you will probably be able to camp out at wal mart if you miss out on preordering.

Question for anyone familiar with the 360, PS3, and/or Wii launch experiences:

How many console units did each store (Gamestop, Bestbuy, etc) receive on average on launch day for those systems (i.e. - how many pre-orders were they able to fulfill or not fulfill)?

I'm just trying to get a sense of how things have worked out historically with first wave pre-order fulfillment.

[quote name='Romeo']I'm not going to post my sources at all. Take my ten years membership here as you wish. I have no reason to lie, there's nothing to gain.

Why would you resort to name calling and using "fanboy" remarks? I've owned and own many Nintendo systems. I have nothing to prove to you.[/QUOTE]

I love the idea that being at CAG for ten years might go on my resume some day.

[quote name='perdition(troy']Man I want amazon to put theirs up now.[/QUOTE]

NOT going to happen! Your only choice is Gamestop.com! Amazon has decided not to sell the Wii U hardware. NewEgg doesn't have it, and if they did, it would be totally a mystery if you actually end up with one or not.

- $25 down for PUR members; $50 for non-members
- There will be old hardware system promotion for trade-in towards a WiiU pre-order (http://www.gamestop.com/tradeins#wiiutradeup)
--- $50 credit for old Wii system
--- $115 credit for phat PS3 and slim Xbox 360
--- $140 for slim PS3 system
--- $90 for 3DS system, PSVita, or original Xbox 360
--- ADDITIONAL $10 BONUS for PUR members
--- Expires 9/23/12

Sorry I see it now...$10 extra trade credit for consoles

What's the pre-order down payment at BB? $5 or $25

[quote name='ral1121']Apparently, here is why Amazon doesn't stock any Nintendo hardware. The whole 3DS screen problems was allegedly faked by Amazon in order to get a sweeter deal from Nintendo, which obviously failed since they no longer stock Nintendo hardware:

http://www.ign.com/boards/threads/3ds-xl-amazon.452616918/[/QUOTE]

Well, that's quite entertaining reading. There's nothing 'fake' about the 3DS screen scratching issues. I have two units, and they both have the problem.
As for the rest of that article, it sounds feasible, but probably only a partial truth as to what actually happened...

[quote name='dragonjud']Nope. But 37 pages of rumors and giddy fanboys will have you thinking otherwise.
A new Mario game (yawn, after about 5 in a 3 year span). Zombi-u, and Rayman (the new one). Aside from that, all other titles from now until the Holiday season are nothing but rehashes. Which you can either pay $60.00 for the Wii-u version, or find the ps3 or 360 versions for anywhere between $15-$30.
This is old technology, and the crazy 37 pages on this thread just makes me shake my head.:roll:[/QUOTE]

Nintendo is Nintendo but I have to say I agree with you on this. I'm not even interested in Rayman. I'd get NSMBU and Zombi-U. I already own a PS3 and a 360, and I have very little interest in the tablet controller.

However, the biggest thing for me, and I know it's on other people's minds here since this is CAG, is paying $60 PER game to play anything at launch. I don't pay $60 now with 1 or 2 exceptions a year. Even if I were to jump into the Wii U (of which there is probably a 10-15% chance of at the moment), I'd wait at least 4 months or so until you can see a used game market form and start getting these games you'll play once and then trade or shelve for closer to $20-$25 each rather than $60 plus tax.

[quote name='Romeo']And I know exactly why from a source inside: it's done purposely to artificially inflate demand, to make it appear a 'hot item'.[/QUOTE]

Or there's actually not enough supply.

Nobody knows why Amazon isn't selling Nintendo consoles. Well, somebody does, but nobody that seems willing to let on. That's all there is and there ain't no more.

It would be nice if all the butthurt people would go find something else to do, like maybe play their beloved console of choice. Or try sitting in a sitz bath. Something productive for them like that.

[quote name='shopsmarts']I have zero interest in this Wii U. It's a system for suckers at 300 and 350. Buy a real system instead: PS3 or 360.[/QUOTE]

Build a real system
ps3 or 360

lol how about building a real system?

I am going to start noting how many years I've been on CAG from now on, for pretty much everything, and I've been a member of CAG for 6 years. That's a fact.

[quote name='hatback']Question for anyone familiar with the 360, PS3, and/or Wii launch experiences:

How many console units did each store (Gamestop, Bestbuy, etc) receive on average on launch day for those systems (i.e. - how many pre-orders were they able to fulfill or not fulfill)?

I'm just trying to get a sense of how things have worked out historically with first wave pre-order fulfillment.[/QUOTE]

I slept out for both the 360 and wii launches at target. The 360 they had 8 of each sku, the premium and the basic, the first 8 people in line got the premium, the next 8 got the basic and target was limiting them to one per physical person in line, so me and my wife both bought one. With the Wii I believe they had 20 and the exact same rules applied and ended up with 2 of then. In both cases I sold one for double which paid for the one I kept. Hoping with preordering this year I wont have to sleep outside.

Here is the e-mail I received back from Nintendo.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Hello,

Thanks for contacting us. I can certainly understand your interest in obtaining your Wii U through Amazon. As you may already know, Amazon is listed as one of the retailers who will be accepting preorders for the Wii U. While they may not have posted it yet, that doesn't mean a preorder won't be available in the near future.

In regard to other Nintendo systems, I can confirm that they are available for purchase on Amazon; however, if you have questions or concerns about the availability of our systems on their website, you would need to contact Amazon for more information.

When the time comes to purchase the Wii U console, I hope that you'll be able to find one through your preferred retailer, so that you can enjoy this highly anticipated system.

Sincerely,

Colleen Duffy
Nintendo of America Inc."

^this, 100% agree

[quote name='LegendK7ll3r']Here is the e-mail I received back from Nintendo.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Hello,

Thanks for contacting us. I can certainly understand your interest in obtaining your Wii U through Amazon. As you may already know, Amazon is listed as one of the retailers who will be accepting preorders for the Wii U. While they may not have posted it yet, that doesn't mean a preorder won't be available in the near future.

In regard to other Nintendo systems, I can confirm that they are available for purchase on Amazon; however, if you have questions or concerns about the availability of our systems on their website, you would need to contact Amazon for more information.

When the time comes to purchase the Wii U console, I hope that you'll be able to find one through your preferred retailer, so that you can enjoy this highly anticipated system.

Sincerely,

Colleen Duffy
Nintendo of America Inc."[/QUOTE]

I am riding this one out. It is Amazon or nothing for me.

I'll even buy from a third party if Amazon decides not to stock it at all. I'd prefer to pay $30 more from a third party with my Gift Card balance then to purchase elsewhere. It will still be cheaper then buying at other places.

[quote name='crunchewy']I am going to start noting how many years I've been on CAG from now on, for pretty much everything, and I've been a member of CAG for 6 years. That's a fact.[/QUOTE]

And everything you say will always be verified true against anything I say. I've been on CAG 5 years. Long enough to know that anything said by someone 6 years is truer than me. ;)

[quote name='spawn33']If you have a Discover card, you can log in and shop via shopdiscover and get 5% back as well even if you order today.[/QUOTE]

I'd much rather use my chase card. I was just wondering if I would get the 5% back but I guess it wouldn't matter since you're only putting down $5 for the preorder right now. I'd pay the full remainder for the Wii U console in November which I will then charge to my Chase credit card hence getting the 5% back on the 345 dollar remainder.

My friend thinks this is going to be a non-fail flip item. He pre-ordered 12 of them today at like 8 different stores.

Big-time flipper. I was able to pre-order one. I'll decide if I want to keep or flip when it comes out based on different things. Is Bayonetta 2 a launch title or just a confirmed future title?

I placed an order online for store pickup at best buy for the deluxe wii u. I used my bestbuy credit card.

I just checked my order and it says order in progress. Also, it seems the have charged the whole amount to my credit card. I think this is good news for me. Minutes after I placed the order, the wii u deluxe version went OOS.

Anyway, do you guys recommend getting another preorder from somewhere else just to be safe?

I ain't paying sales tax for this thing. If Amazon won't sell the goods, I'll just get mine from Newegg. Are people really paying a $30 premium to play Nintendoland a day early?

[quote name='ral1121']I am riding this one out. It is Amazon or nothing for me.[/QUOTE]

Then I guess it is nothing for you. Or you'll stand around in lines in the cold having to pee like people did last console launch. Only Gamestop or Gamestop.com pre-orders will guarantee your console.

Gamestop has had a huge turnaround lately and really know what the hell they are doing (i.e. no overpriced bundles this time, etc)

Others have said Best Buy places a hold on your card for the full amount, which is not actually charging that amount. Just checking to see that they can charge that amount. I will check my own card later, though.

[quote name='DarkSageRK']I ain't paying sales tax for this thing. If Amazon won't sell the goods, I'll just get mine from Newegg. Are people really paying a $30 premium to play Nintendoland a day early?[/QUOTE]

Dude, NewEgg can't even guarantee a GAME pre-order half the time, you think they will get sufficient stock of this to satisfy pre-orders? No way. Don't be SUCH a cheapskate that you won't support your local government to the tune of $30.

Luckily I have the official Nintendo Store here in NYC. I might go there after work to see if they do preorders.

Although I'd much rather purchase from Best Buy to get reward zone points.

[quote name='ElektroDragon']Then I guess it is nothing for you. Or you'll stand around in lines in the cold having to pee like people did last console launch. Only Gamestop or Gamestop.com pre-orders will guarantee your console.

Gamestop has had a huge turnaround lately and really know what the hell they are doing (i.e. no overpriced bundles this time, etc)[/QUOTE]

You really think Gamestop will have 100+ consoles per store?

[quote name='hatback']Question for anyone familiar with the 360, PS3, and/or Wii launch experiences:

I'm just trying to get a sense of how things have worked out historically with first wave pre-order fulfillment.[/QUOTE]

I worked at Circuit City for the launch of the PS3 and Wii. I believe we got 12 Wiis and didn't even sell through them until at least noon. We only got 6 of the 60GB PS3s and 2 of the 20GB PS3s. The PS3's had people lining up for a week ahead of time. They were all claimed I want to say 5 or so days before launch.

Hm... a couple hours ago ALL the Best Buys I searched near my zipcode said "Unavailable" for pre-order on the premium.

Now they ALL say available. "Pre-order Now". ???????????????

[quote name='crunchewy']I am going to start noting how many years I've been on CAG from now on, for pretty much everything, and I've been a member of CAG for 6 years. That's a fact.[/QUOTE]

It's not a fact... you are still more than 2 weeks away from being a CAG for 6 full years.

[quote name='speedracer216']Hm... a couple hours ago ALL the Best Buys I searched near my zipcode said "Unavailable" for pre-order on the premium.

Now they ALL say available. "Pre-order Now". ???????????????[/QUOTE]

I'm seeing the same thing. Trying to decide if I should cancel my preorder at a more distant store and reorder at the local one.

[quote name='cheapfrag']It's not a fact... you are still more than 2 weeks away from being a CAG for 6 full years.[/QUOTE]

Nooooo!!!

[quote name='speedracer216']Hm... a couple hours ago ALL the Best Buys I searched near my zipcode said "Unavailable" for pre-order on the premium.

Now they ALL say available. "Pre-order Now". ???????????????[/QUOTE]

Same here.

You guys really need to chill with your fanboyism... Let people do what they want to do, buy what they want to buy, and enjoy what they like.

I took up the Gamestop offer (had an old 40GB Fatty PS3 that was just collecting dust)

For those of you who are in absolute shock as to why "anyone would want to trade in there PS3" I got it as a bluray player that I won with Dave and Busters tickets... Played MGS4 and Super Street Fighter 4 (since some of my friends played on it) and that was it. Once I got an actual bluray player, beat MGS4, and stopped playing SSF4 game over PS3.

I've always been the guy that was like... Well they have this for PS3... but most of my friends play on Xbox SOOOOOOOoooo....

[quote name='Romeo']I'm not going to post my sources at all. Take my ten years membership here as you wish. I have no reason to lie, there's nothing to gain.

Why would you resort to name calling and using "fanboy" remarks? I've owned and own many Nintendo systems. I have nothing to prove to you.[/QUOTE]

Your ten years of membership is completely irrelevant. Many of us have been here almost ten years. It doesn't mean you or anyone else has credibility when you post an unsubstantiated rumor. The fact that Gamestop is pulling preorders before the purported date that they were planning to pull them just shows the demand is real. Retailers often set cut off dates based on past launches. That's not the same as creating artificial hype, it's called avoiding a problem when hundreds of people descend on each store location demanding their launch day console only to learn that each store only gets a few. Many of us are actually interested in this console, especially since the next 360 and PS are at least a year away and this console cycle has been the longest since the original Atari.

i preordered at GS last night, guy told me i was like 5th person to preorder

I went back today and luckily found who i believe is the store manager, a very nice girl. I picked her mind for how this would go down on launch night, she said she couldnt speak for the company but that particular store if you have a preorder they will call you to let you know the details the day before and on launch the preorders would have access to the store first, also its first come first serve on the actual line of preorder people that day, meaning if you were 7th to preorder but got to line first that day you would be first to purchase the system.

She said they were told to stop taking preorders for the deluxe around 4 or 5 pm today.

I'm just going to keep my order at the further away store. It's not that far away and I'm earlier in the queue then I'd probably be reordering.

I'm not even sure I want the Wii U at launch yet. I just pre-ordered anyways after I traded in a few games. The system did allow the 50% bonus towards pre-order coupon.

[quote name='ElektroDragon']Dude, NewEgg can't even guarantee a GAME pre-order half the time, you think they will get sufficient stock of this to satisfy pre-orders? No way. Don't be SUCH a cheapskate that you won't support your local government to the tune of $30.[/QUOTE]

You're right. We all have a moral obligation to pay local sales tax on all our purchases. Thank you for showing me the light; I shall no longer do business with Newegg or Amazon.

[quote name='ShadowAssassin']My friend thinks this is going to be a non-fail flip item. He pre-ordered 12 of them today at like 8 different stores.

Big-time flipper. I was able to pre-order one. I'll decide if I want to keep or flip when it comes out based on different things. Is Bayonetta 2 a launch title or just a confirmed future title?[/QUOTE]

Future title, probably fall 2013.

[quote name='rockstarnati']The number of Best Buy stores closest to me that now have the deluxe set listed as "unavailable" has climbed to 7. It was at 3 or 4 about an hour ago.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='tylerh1701']Ya me too. Only 2 stores left on my list, both about 40 miles away. That's why I just did the shipping option.[/QUOTE]

The interesting thing is that while over half of the stores near me were unavailable for store pickup yesterday late evening and early morning. They have now all magically re appeared and you can preorder and pick up at any of the stores near me again

[quote name='crunchewy']Just decided, what the hey, going to put in an order for in-store pickup at my local Best Buy and… unavailable. Darn. There's other ones not too far away, but what I'm wondering is if I go in-store will they still have pre-orders available even though unavailable online for that store?[/QUOTE]

At My local store you could order it in store even though the online pickup had become unavailable. (Of course now it looks like it is available to order online again for store pickup)

too bad best buy requires a $350 authorization. Like shipwreck I have a "fun money account" and a "pay bills account" and i don't keep that much in the other at any time. Guess i'll do in store reserve.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back