Not open for further replies.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
iconamazon.gif
Amazon
Consoles* Amazon did not take preorders, see note.
Games

iconbestbuy.gif
Best Buy
Consoles Both models sold out online & in store
Games

icongs_r1.gif
Gamestop
Games

icontoysrus_r1.gif
Toys R Us
Games

icontarget.gif
Target
Games

iconwalmart_r3.gif
Walmart
Consoles
Wii U Bundle Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Wii U Deluxe Sold out online & in store
Wii U Basic Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Games

Sears
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken

kmart.gif
Kmart
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in-store pre-orders were not taken

newegg.gif
Newegg
Deluxe Bundle Bundled with New Super Mario Bros U, Black Ops 2, and Zombi U-Out of Stock
Games

iconplayasia.gif
Play-Asia
Consoles/Games Reservation List Only for NTSC Basic & Deluxe models

Fry's Electronics
Consoles Both models sold out online
Games

Staples
Games

J&R
Consoles Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location.
Games

Nebraska Furniture Mart
Accessories
Games

:hot:Nintendo World Store
Consoles: Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location in NYC.

Notes:

• Newegg, as of now (Friday before launch) is selling the deluxe console as a bundle only. It is listed for immediate shipping, not as a pre-order.

• *Amazon email sent out to those who signed up for Wii U pre-order notification:
Dear Amazon.com Customer,

Thank for you signing up to be notified when the Wii U is available.
Unfortunately the Wii U console is not available at Amazon.com at this time but please check back in the future, as availability may change. We do have the latest Wii U games and accessories available now so check them out. Thank you for shopping with Amazon Video Games.
System Information

YWbCj.png

Last edited by a moderator:
We just got back from today's shopping. Best Buy has a $10 rewards deal on the smartphone app that does not erase itself.

So we've picked up 3 of the first skylanders adventure 3 packs, and 5 of the 3 packs, getting tru to price match them. including the $5 best buy gif card I had, we saved $85 on them!

TRU also has all the skylanders giants starter sets for $59 today.. $25 off. EXCEPT the Wii U version.

I asked wamart f they would pricematch the skylanders giants starter sets from TRU, and they just told me to select which one we wanted and they wuould match it.

So of course I selected the Wii U one.... but I think I might hve forgotten to mention that it wasn't included in the TRU sale.

Then to cap it off, we picked up epic mickey 2 and super mario for the wii U and got the b1g1 40% of deal.

So we spent a lot today, but we also saved about $130 off retail prices as well.

[quote name='dgwillia006']Just curious, anyone else got a dead or stuck pixel on their gamepad? I just noticed mine had one....[/QUOTE]
Yeah mine has a tiny black dot in the middle of the screen at the top. Thought it was a dead pixel but when you turn it sideways it looks like it's between the outer layer of the touchscreen. Not a big deal, but might see what Nintendo suggests. You gonna send yours back?

[quote name='Thrinn']Can't you copy everything over to your Wii U, then manually move specific saves back to the Wii?[/QUOTE]
No. The only way it works is if you copy save data from the Wii to your SD card first, then do the system transfer, then bring it back to the Wii and take it off the SD card.

Only certain game saves allow you to copy them, too - basically you can't copy anything with an online option. But I did it this way and have Wii Sports and such still saved on the Wii.

Just got off the phone with Gamestop, talked to the manager that pre ordered it for me..he said that right after I talked to the woman this morning, they received another large shipment of Wii U's..so I told him to put one under lock and key for me and I will pick it up on Friday..so thankfully all is good now thank goodness! He said the reason why they do the 48 hr limit is because they knew that they would be receiving more so no reason to worry

I like how... If there isn't enough supply, its nintendos fault for not making enough, but if if its readily available, its nintendos fault and the console sucks, lol.

[quote name='IkedaTeramusa']FYI, this is what I saw at Best Buy less than an hour ago:

374513_10200100050769206_1899691021_n.jpg

Those aren't display boxes.[/QUOTE]

Which best buy location is that? DAMN guess these things aren't selling out as fast as some may want us to believe

Just left GS and the gift card I brought did still have the full value on it. I had them check and then tested it out on my $5 remaining balance (after power up coupon). That is so bloody weird.

Well, my mind is officially blown. Feel like I just won a contest I didnt know i entered. Like that old Boiling Point show (or whatever it was called)

[quote name='lakerfanalways']Which best buy location is that? DAMN guess these things aren't selling out as fast as some may want us to believe[/QUOTE]

Annapolis, MD

In the time I was there... I bought one.. and saw three more leave (and 2 being hefted around by people so I'd presume THEY were buying too so.... 6 in ... 10 minutes?)

When I called Gamestop the other day they said all of their stores wouldn't be getting any more until March. I have a feeling after this weekend stores will have a steady supply of them.

[quote name='IkedaTeramusa']FYI, this is what I saw at Best Buy less than an hour ago:

In for 5 little girls.

I called my gamestop and they said that they're getting a shipment on Black Friday but it isn't going to people on the waitlist and is first come first serve but they should be getting another shipment for waitlist people in the next couple weeks.

Random question, do you need Wii Motion Plus to play New Super Mario Bros. U on the wii controller?

[quote name='lakerfanalways']Which best buy location is that? DAMN guess these things aren't selling out as fast as some may want us to believe[/QUOTE]

All depends on the area I suppose. Some of the stores out here in CA have received more shipments of both deluxe and basic sets. I've seen local Targets, Walmarts, and Best Buys all restocked in the last day or two. This was in the cities of Buena Park and Cerritos, CA.

[quote name='jj5206']I called my gamestop and they said that they're getting a shipment on Black Friday but it isn't going to people on the waitlist and is first come first serve but they should be getting another shipment for waitlist people in the next couple weeks.

Random question, do you need Wii Motion Plus to play New Super Mario Bros. U on the wii controller?[/QUOTE]

Regular Wii Remotes work fine according to the box

[quote name='jacknicklson']Regular Wii Remotes work fine according to the box[/QUOTE]

Awesome. Thanks for the reply.

[quote name='ShockandAww']If Nintendo is smart they make damn sure there is a shortage extremely soon.[/QUOTE]
I've gotta figure these BF restocks are it for a while. They have the Australian, European, and japanese launches very soon. Can they stock those three territories plus restock North America in December? Who knows, maybe Nintendo does have ample supply.

fuck ups, those damn pieces of sh't. my nsmbu i ordered from newegg was supposedly out for delivery today since 3AM, i've been waiting all day for it and it never came. now they claim they made an attempt half an hour ago but the customer was not available. that's a load of crap. they probably just wanted to get an early start on their weekend, so they decided to skip coming here. fucking cock-suckers. now i have to wait until at least monday. i am trying to cancel my order right now, but those assholes are trying to charge me a restocking fee of $8. the can go fuck themselves. i'll cancel my pre-orders i have for other things if they try that sh't.

[quote name='god_among_men']I have called every store that says it's in stock and all of them say they are completely out. WTF?[/QUOTE]
Could be preorders, or they're holdin' for Black Friday.

snagged a deluxe @ Target in Orange County. 17th / Bristol location. had to wait about an hour for the manager to show up first to see if any available.

So after having no luck finding any in Memphis, I found 3 basic @ Walmart and 1 deluxe/12 basic at Target in my old hometown (Hattiesburg, MS).

Edit: Got the deluxe!

Thank you, Thanksgiving!

Last edited by a moderator:
You really need to just wait and see if the deluxe edition remains in stock after this coming weekend. Tons of people are gearing up to do all their holiday shopping over the next few days and they're going to clean out shelves. Also take into considering the impact of Hurricane Sandy which left a path of destruction on the east coast. I mean we only just moved back into our house a few days ago so shopping wasn't the top priority until now. And even if the Wii U doesn't turn out to be flippable, you can just as easily return them. Or keep it. I mean if you took advantage of a few rewards programs you could get some cash back to go toward a game or accessory.

I saw a bunch at my local best buy as well. At least 10 units of the deluxe versions and 5 of the regulars. If all you want is MarioU then by all means go for it, but to me there really aren't any games that's enticing me to get one....yet.

Too busy with Persona 4 Golden anyways. :)

[quote name='Ag_SurfR']fuck ups, those damn pieces of sh't. my nsmbu i ordered from newegg was supposedly out for delivery today since 3AM, i've been waiting all day for it and it never came. now they claim they made an attempt half an hour ago but the customer was not available. that's a load of crap. they probably just wanted to get an early start on their weekend, so they decided to skip coming here. fucking cock-suckers. now i have to wait until at least monday. i am trying to cancel my order right now, but those assholes are trying to charge me a restocking fee of $8. the can go fuck themselves. i'll cancel my pre-orders i have for other things if they try that sh't.[/QUOTE]

You can't blame newegg for UPS's incompetence.

[quote name='Ag_SurfR']fuck ups, those damn pieces of sh't. my nsmbu i ordered from newegg was supposedly out for delivery today since 3AM, i've been waiting all day for it and it never came. now they claim they made an attempt half an hour ago but the customer was not available. that's a load of crap. they probably just wanted to get an early start on their weekend, so they decided to skip coming here. fucking cock-suckers. now i have to wait until at least monday. i am trying to cancel my order right now, but those assholes are trying to charge me a restocking fee of $8. the can go fuck themselves. i'll cancel my pre-orders i have for other things if they try that sh't.[/QUOTE]

Ive had this happen to me before. Do this....go get the game today before a store closes. Best buy or target etc. Play it, when the new egg copy comes in monday. Give shit to the ups driver in front of his face. Take the delivered copy. And use it as the copy to return to best buy or target. Granted, u are still fiving money to newegg. But you no longer have to give tour business to them in the future.

[quote name='Deader2818']Might be awhile on a drop. how long did it take for the Wii to drop?[/QUOTE]

The Wii U will have a very difficult time recapturing the popularity that the Wii had. It's more expensive and more complicated than the Wii, which will make it a harder sell to casual gamers. I would imagine that we'll see something like a $50 price cut or additional pack-in software around the launch of the 720 & PS4 late next year.

[quote name='Deader2818']Might be awhile on a drop. how long did it take for the Wii to drop?[/QUOTE]

Im still waiting for beibers testicles to drop

I just got back from Target, and check this out! 30 Basic and 30 Deluxe on a display far away from the electronics section. I verified that these were not display boxes. They had more in electronics. They were in the middle of setting up the Black Friday displays. Was the launch shortage simply a way to build hype? This is the store I got my Wii U at, and they had 1/4 this many at launch.

198250_10151354262365625_494995554_n.jpg

[quote name='kayne2000']get other games. nintendo land is not a killer app like wii sports. its a Tech demo....that has 4 player games and is more fun that way but there is no killer app to it. i cant seem myself playing this for 2 years like wii sports.[/QUOTE]
I dunno, I think Nintendo Land blows Wii Sports out of the water. I'm going to see how well it's received tomorrow when we have a big group of people over.

You are blaming Newegg for something the post office did? How old are we?

[quote name='ytsejames']I just got back from Target, and check this out! 30 Basic and 30 Deluxe on a display far away from the electronics section. I verified that these were not display boxes. They had more in electronics. They were in the middle of setting up the Black Friday displays. Was the launch shortage simply a way to build hype? This is the store I got my Wii U at, and they had 1/4 this many at launch.
[/QUOTE]

fuck man that's insane, usually they wait to set these displays up till after close. You know the launch was artificially shorted that's retail for ya. I like how Reggie says Monday more will be available for Black Friday don't worry. So what the factory built a couple thousand over the weekend and they shipped to stores in time for Friday? Right:roll:

[quote name='ytsejames']I just got back from Target, and check this out! 30 Basic and 30 Deluxe on a display far away from the electronics section. I verified that these were not display boxes. They had more in electronics. They were in the middle of setting up the Black Friday displays. Was the launch shortage simply a way to build hype? This is the store I got my Wii U at, and they had 1/4 this many at launch.

][/QUOTE]

that's good to see.

The thing that cracks me up was the obvious resellers in this thread INSISTING (trying to convince themselves probably) that there would be NO WII-Us available this holiday.

The real test though will be how much they have in stock post-bf weekend. Then we'll know whether the shortage hype was legit or not.

[quote name='Sizzler7']fuck man that's insane, usually they wait to set these displays up till after close. You know the launch was artificially shorted that's retail for ya. I like how Reggie says Monday more will be available for Black Friday don't worry. So what the factory built a couple thousand over the weekend and they shipped to stores in time for Friday? Right:roll:[/QUOTE]

went to TRU to see if they had a deluxe when i was taking a picture of the buy1get1 40% off for wii u games to pm at BB, the guy said they weren't selling them until friday...

[quote name='Sizzler7']fuck man that's insane, usually they wait to set these displays up till after close. You know the launch was artificially shorted that's retail for ya. I like how Reggie says Monday more will be available for Black Friday don't worry. So what the factory built a couple thousand over the weekend and they shipped to stores in time for Friday? Right:roll:[/QUOTE]

my targets were putting up black friday stuff tonight too.

As for the shortage...

When wii first came out I know for a fact that Target at least was holding a ton of wiis specifically for black friday - the store runs a national ad and they can not put something in the national ad unless they have a certain quantity at every store nation wide. I think that after black friday people will be fucked if they did not get a wii u. Also all of my targets have been out around here so maybe the outages are regional? With the wii, when the nation was out and people were spending 400 or so on ebay they always had them in stock here....

Good luck to those still looking!

[quote name='vagrantwade']You are blaming Newegg for something the post office did? How old are we?[/QUOTE]

I think, per his PSN thingy, he's "keeping it real".

[quote name='confoosious']that's good to see.

The thing that cracks me up was the obvious resellers in this thread INSISTING (trying to convince themselves probably) that there would be NO WII-Us available this holiday.

The real test though will be how much they have in stock post-bf weekend. Then we'll know whether the shortage hype was legit or not.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, remember, its only launched in the US so far so they can send more here but I bet after this weekend stores will be selled out and then units are going to be shipped to EU and JP.

[quote name='Deader2818']Yeah, remember, its only launched in the US so far so they can send more here but I bet after this weekend stores will be selled out and then units are going to be shipped to EU and JP.[/QUOTE]

I totally agree and had some girl at a gamestop tell me that is exactly what is going to happen....having said all of that and all that shit two posts up

Gamestop has the black and white one for sale online right now!

Game on bitches! ....and like I said, get it while you can, I think this shit will sell out...for the year....by tomorrow

Got a Deluxe at the Best Buy in Pembroke Pines FL. They had at least 20 or so of each model. Also plenty of Pro Controllers.

Got my deluxe set today and I'm very happy with it. I own all the consoles new and old and I must say the Wii U truly is unique and brings a new experience to gaming. I love the miiverse social aspect of it all and I think it surpasses xbox live and playstation offerings. I was playing through New super mario bros U and could see other people's mii's faces on a particular level and every so often could post or draw anything I wanted and when I go to the wii u menu it shows up your post along with others in a sea of mii's. Each can be clicked on and viewed and it's so awesome seeing how creative people are with their artwork. I transferred all my Wii stuff over to the wii u without a hitch and the update took probably an hour so no big deal their. The hardware is very well built and of the highest quality which is to be expected of nintendo. I love the fact they have now included a white led showing when a game disc is inserted and a blue power led is a nice touch matching my wii mote led color. Very sleek system and at a very nice price and I think we will see a long prosperous life for this latest console from nintendo.

[quote name='ps2emotions']Got my deluxe set today and I'm very happy with it. I own all the consoles new and old and I must say the Wii U truly is unique and brings a new experience to gaming. I love the miiverse social aspect of it all and I think it surpasses xbox live and playstation offerings. I was playing through New super mario bros U and could see other people's mii's faces on a particular level and every so often could post or draw anything I wanted and when I go to the wii u menu it shows up your post along with others in a sea of mii's. Each can be clicked on and viewed and it's so awesome seeing how creative people are with their artwork. I transferred all my Wii stuff over to the wii u without a hitch and the update took probably an hour so no big deal their. The hardware is very well built and of the highest quality which is to be expected of nintendo. I love the fact they have now included a white led showing when a game disc is inserted and a blue power led is a nice touch matching my wii mote led color. Very sleek system and at a very nice price and I think we will see a long prosperous life for this latest console from nintendo.[/QUOTE]

Thank you for this positive review. I am seeing so much negative stuff out there it's tiresome. Can't wait to get mine!

My Wii -> Wii U transfer was painful.

Updated the Wii U (took ~ 2 hrs) (watched Sons of Anarchy while I waited), downloaded the software (15 min), setup the SD card (5 min), turned on the Wii (1 min), updated the Wii (10 minutes), downloaded the software (another 5-10 minutes), started up the transfer and my SD card won't read. (I think it was too big) FINE. Go back to the Wii U, but it won't just let me restart. I have to click exit. Reopen program. Do you want to continue? No. Delete delete delete. Close program, open program start with a DIFFERENT SD card.

FINALLY getting it to go through now but I've been here setting this thing up for 4!!!!! hours now. Just to get it up and running. If this was my parents or my kid... they would have LOST it by now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back