Not open for further replies.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
iconamazon.gif
Amazon
Consoles* Amazon did not take preorders, see note.
Games

iconbestbuy.gif
Best Buy
Consoles Both models sold out online & in store
Games

icongs_r1.gif
Gamestop
Games

icontoysrus_r1.gif
Toys R Us
Games

icontarget.gif
Target
Games

iconwalmart_r3.gif
Walmart
Consoles
Wii U Bundle Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Wii U Deluxe Sold out online & in store
Wii U Basic Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Games

Sears
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken

kmart.gif
Kmart
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in-store pre-orders were not taken

newegg.gif
Newegg
Deluxe Bundle Bundled with New Super Mario Bros U, Black Ops 2, and Zombi U-Out of Stock
Games

iconplayasia.gif
Play-Asia
Consoles/Games Reservation List Only for NTSC Basic & Deluxe models

Fry's Electronics
Consoles Both models sold out online
Games

Staples
Games

J&R
Consoles Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location.
Games

Nebraska Furniture Mart
Accessories
Games

:hot:Nintendo World Store
Consoles: Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location in NYC.

Notes:

• Newegg, as of now (Friday before launch) is selling the deluxe console as a bundle only. It is listed for immediate shipping, not as a pre-order.

• *Amazon email sent out to those who signed up for Wii U pre-order notification:
Dear Amazon.com Customer,

Thank for you signing up to be notified when the Wii U is available.
Unfortunately the Wii U console is not available at Amazon.com at this time but please check back in the future, as availability may change. We do have the latest Wii U games and accessories available now so check them out. Thank you for shopping with Amazon Video Games.
System Information

YWbCj.png

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='IkedaTeramusa']My Wii -> Wii U transfer was painful.

Updated the Wii U (took ~ 2 hrs) (watched Sons of Anarchy while I waited), downloaded the software (15 min), setup the SD card (5 min), turned on the Wii (1 min), updated the Wii (10 minutes), downloaded the software (another 5-10 minutes), started up the transfer and my SD card won't read. (I think it was too big) FINE. Go back to the Wii U, but it won't just let me restart. I have to click exit. Reopen program. Do you want to continue? No. Delete delete delete. Close program, open program start with a DIFFERENT SD card.

FINALLY getting it to go through now but I've been here setting this thing up for 4!!!!! hours now. Just to get it up and running. If this was my parents or my kid... they would have LOST it by now.[/QUOTE]

Owch that is long, don't pull the plug though! lol

[quote name='ZombieToast']I dunno, I think Nintendo Land blows Wii Sports out of the water. I'm going to see how well it's received tomorrow when we have a big group of people over.[/QUOTE]

Lubricate generously with wine.

Updated the Wii U (took ~ 2 hrs) (watched Sons of Anarchy while I waited), downloaded the software (15 min), setup the SD card (5 min), turned on the Wii (1 min), updated the Wii (10 minutes), downloaded the software (another 5-10 minutes), started up the transfer and my SD card won't read. (I think it was too big) FINE. Go back to the Wii U, but it won't just let me restart. I have to click exit. Reopen program. Do you want to continue? No. Delete delete delete. Close program, open program start with a DIFFERENT SD card.

FINALLY getting it to go through now but I've been here setting this thing up for 4!!!!! hours now. Just to get it up and running. If this was my parents or my kid... they would have LOST it by now.[/QUOTE]

How on earth could it have taken that long? I mean even an hour would be lolworthy but what in the hell were you doing for 4 hours? Its like a 15 minute process.

Weird.....my update took like 45 minutes and my wii to Wii u transfer only took like a total or 9 minutes...I know cuz I recorded the funny pikmin, lol

[quote name='supercag34']Black is already out of stock...

Ugh.[/QUOTE]

:whistle2:/ sorry. It might be worth keeping an eye on. Or just ordering a white one and swapping out the HD. That seems to be the way to go anyway - even 32GB is nothing. I kind of can't believe they didn't put bigger HDs in this thing - esp the Deluxe.

Bought my Wii at launch and just now getting it opened and setup as we speak. It is downloading the update which I really hate I started it as I am sleepy and it is taking a while. I did not get any games for it yet as I will do that tomorrow or Friday as I do not know what games I really want for it. I am trying to figure out what hard drive I want for it and I did go get the Pro Controller today. With a discount and a $15 RW coupon from Kmart it came up to be 31 bucks so I just went on ahead and scooped it up. Funny as I got to Kmart a lil before 7 p.m. and people were already camping out and laying around waiting on the store to open up in the morning. The parking lot was ridiculous. I think Kmart opens up at 6 on Thxgiving and the sell was like a 32" tv for 97 bucks. Can't go wrong with that. No Wii's when I went in and only one Pro Controller. My coupon had to be redeemed by the 21st so I just used it on that.

Woohoo! Nice surprise today in that my WiiU games from Amazon & Newegg both arrived today, even though shipping estimates kept saying Friday delivery. Now I gotta get off my duff and hook it all up.

Got a question about the Wii-to-WiiU transfer. Found a couple of old blister pack Wii points and wondering if I need to use them up before initiating the transfer. Or can you access the old Wii shop channel from the WiiU.

By the way, still have a preorder card for a deluxe unit leftover. May not matter anymore, but if you're near La Habra and are having trouble getting one, contact me. Not looking for a ransom, just the princely sum of 10

[quote name='Deader2818']You can still access the Wii Shop from the Wii U but in the Wii part.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. Then I'll make the purchases after the transfer

So is the Wii U a good introductory system for someone that has been reluctant to try out Video Games in the past? With NintendoLand of course.

Im planning on getting the Nunchucks and all.

[quote name='ral1121']So is the Wii U a good introductory system for someone that has been reluctant to try out Video Games in the past? With NintendoLand of course.

Im planning on getting the Nunchucks and all.[/QUOTE]

Did they like the Wii/other Nintendo games?

Got the wii u from walmart today, paid for 2 day shipping back when it was first announced. packaging was flimsy, and they just left it at the door with no signature. Other than that no problems.

Amazon Instant Video and YouTube apps are now live. As disappointing as not having these video apps on day 1 was, I'm impressed at how quickly they've popped up since. Can't wait for Nintendo TVii in December!!

[quote name='doodofdoods']Did they like the Wii/other Nintendo games?[/QUOTE]

Skipped the Wii, so this a first. Don't know how complex the Nintendo Land games might be.

So Im thinking this touch screen and nunchucks should be much easier for them, no?

Like the New Super Mario Bros game and the Gamepad "Block" feauture in multiplayer.

[quote name='ZombieToast']I dunno, I think Nintendo Land blows Wii Sports out of the water. I'm going to see how well it's received tomorrow when we have a big group of people over.[/QUOTE]

well let us know how those casuals take it. but i still dont see a wii bowling killer App in there anywhere but i could of missed it. but i dont know ive gamed long enough i can usually sniff out a winner pretty fast upon first inspection.

consider yourself lucky this is my only complaint my Wii crashes at 68% on the pikimin screen everytime. i suppose i could buy a new SD card and try it....do SD Cards die after a while? the Wii doesnt pop up an error message about the SD card or anything though just tells me system memory access error. otherwise ive enjoyed the system so far.

i do agree after BF this system is probably gone from shelves as has been mentioned. if come tuesday or wednesday next week there are plenty of Wii U's around then nintendo has figured out how to stop shortages.

[quote name='ral1121']Skipped the Wii, so this a first. Don't know how complex the Nintendo Land games might be.

So Im thinking this touch screen and nunchucks should be much easier for them, no?

Like the New Super Mario Bros game and the Gamepad "Block" feauture in multiplayer.[/QUOTE]

not really....ive found casuals that dont game are just as confused by a wii mote and touch screen because they are "controllers" as such they have some sort of mental block against it. they will be as confused by it as a 360 controller. an introduction and tutorial will be needed.

the only thing that might help is the touch screen aspect cause of the popularity of touch screen devices now days but even that is buried in a controller set up which will likely confuse them.

hell ive run into countless people that own a wii but can barely operate it. usually what happens is they will play in a group but only 1 of them knows how to set it up or get the game going and the rest just sort of go with it or have to be told how to do it. hell ive met wii owners that dont know how to sync their controllers. so really be prepared for the dumb founded wtf is this looks either way.

if after that they enjoy it great....but you will likely have to break that mental block non gamers tend to have with video games.

the thing really is if you can get them to enjoy the console because video games are fun then its a great gift but if all this will do is enjoy the occasional use of just dance or something....then really i think its a wasted effort as most of those casual wii owners i mentioned previously cant even operate the console hardly and that really shows no love of them system or video games at all even on a very moderate or low level. and i really wish those kinds of people wouldnt even own a game console as they dont even know how to use it. but it does take time to see where this person will fall under that spectrum.

Well, randomly found one at Wal-Mart today by surprise. It was the more expensive one with a game and bugger HD but I went ahead and threw it in lay away for the hell of it. Wasn't planning to get one just yet but since it was there and I intended to get one within the next few months I decided to put it on hold just to make sure I could get it. Personally I don't think I'll need that much memory since my primary system will remain the Xbox (and the fact that I don't play games anything like I used to) so I'll keep my eyes open for the cheaper one with the smaller HD for the next few weeks and if nothing else I'll just pay off this one and sell the game with it to recoup a bit.

Funny. My walmart has a pile of white ones and not a black one anywhere. Such is life.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have mine on layaway at Walmart, it's hard to wait! It's in there with a bunch of gifts for the kids for Christmas, got like 200 left to pay off from almost 700. None in stock at the one I go to, not even basic models. Craigslist is lit up with them though.

My local craigslist has people trying to sell deluxe systems for $600 or more. Hope nobody falls for it, because I was in Walmart buying something else today and strolled through electronics to see multiple deluxe and basic systems in the case for sale.

Went to Kmart this morning. Couldn't believe there were 22 Deluxe and 0 Basic. The lady at the register said a guy came in a half hour before me and bought the last Basic model. She did say they only got 2 Basic in.

I bought 2 deluxe (via walmart layaway) on launch day and we've decided on an alternate gift for the second. I'm going to return it to walmart next week but if anyone in the Atlanta area wants it, I'll be happy to sell it to you at the price I paid ($370.96). Before anyone jumps all over me, I have no preference here; I'm going to get the same effective refund either way. I'm just offering it to a CAG'er first.

Happy Thanksgiving to all!

any black friday sales on the console, lol. i kid i kid. i want one but i cannot be an early adopter. i know they are going to releases another system in 6-12 months with decent storage capacity

[quote name='kayne2000']well let us know how those casuals take it. but i still dont see a wii bowling killer App in there anywhere but i could of missed it. but i dont know ive gamed long enough i can usually sniff out a winner pretty fast upon first inspection.[/QUOTE]
It was a mix of regular players, casual players, and non-players. Although a couple of my friends are gamers, nobody I know is into gaming like I am; my collection is at least quadruple the size of everyone else's combined. Anyway, it went over pretty well with just about everyone. Nobody got into it like they have with Wii Sports in the past, but I didn't really think they would. While I personally think Nintendo Land is far more enjoyable, it is also more challenging, which makes it less fun for the older folks. So, in that regard, you're probably right about it not being the new killer app. But when it comes to people who already have some interest in video games, I think it will be. All I know is that I've been having a blast with it, which is really all that matters to me.

[quote name='ZombieToast']It was a mix of regular players, casual players, and non-players. Although a couple of my friends are gamers, nobody I know is into gaming like I am; my collection is at least quadruple the size of everyone else's combined. Anyway, it went over pretty well with just about everyone. Nobody got into it like they have with Wii Sports in the past, but I didn't really think they would. While I personally think Nintendo Land is far more enjoyable, it is also more challenging, which makes it less fun for the older folks. So, in that regard, you're probably right about it not being the new killer app. But when it comes to people who already have some interest in video games, I think it will be. All I know is that I've been having a blast with it, which is really all that matters to me.[/QUOTE]

yes but how many of that collection is permanently back logged??? and the more i think on it the more i ask myself wtf did i get a Wii U lol.

well as long as you are having fun with that works for you.

though an interesting take on your perspective of the game. i didnt think anything in nintendo land was too hard but i guess some of it was kind of tough if you arent already somewhat into games but being a more serious gamer i found most of it kind of dull or cheaply difficult or one of my main beefs is some of the games have that cheap flash feel to the them. honestly i thought the reason it wouldnt be as big of hit is because the games werent as fun not they were too difficult lol. but i guess they are too difficult to be fun maybe?

but i admit it might help if i was living back in my home state with a bunch of people who would all play it with me.

[quote name='kayne2000']yes but how many of that collection is permanently back logged??? and the more i think on it the more i ask myself wtf did i get a Wii U lol.

well as long as you are having fun with that works for you.

though an interesting take on your perspective of the game. i didnt think anything in nintendo land was too hard but i guess some of it was kind of tough if you arent already somewhat into games but being a more serious gamer i found most of it kind of dull or cheaply difficult or one of my main beefs is some of the games have that cheap flash feel to the them. honestly i thought the reason it wouldnt be as big of hit is because the games werent as fun not they were too difficult lol. but i guess they are too difficult to be fun maybe?

but i admit it might help if i was living back in my home state with a bunch of people who would all play it with me.[/QUOTE]
Until I die, none of my collection is permanently backlogged. I'm sure there will be some games that I'll never get around to, but I have actually made a huge dent in my collection over the years. And I have a lot of games that are just intended for when we have company. You know, party games and trivia games that don't really have an end to them.

I don't necessarily think Nintendo Land is hard, but some of the games are definitely more of a challenge than I expected. Especially compared to Wii Sports, which has almost no challenge whatsoever, aside from the boxing and maybe the golf. The ninja star and Yoshi games are ridiculously easy, but I haven't finished DK Crash Course or the F-Zero game yet. Still haven't even played most of the multiplayer ones, so I can't comment much on them.

I'm certainly not going to try to convince you that the games are fun because it's different for everyone. I would prefer to play Assassin's Creed 3 (and I will when it gets here next week), but I rather enjoy having something silly that I can play for 15 minutes here and there. And it was smart of them to include a collection aspect and a fun way to unlock stuff. To me, everything makes this seem like sort of an in-between game for casual players and core players to enjoy together. It's also a great way to draw in people who are used to playing on their phones/tablets but normally wouldn't play on a console. But that's just how I personally see it. There's always something better that comes along, so it eventually won't matter either way.

If you live in the Alexandria, VA area, the Best Buy in Potomac Yards had 10+ of the Deluxe and Basic Wii U around 6:00 AM this morning.

[quote name='gordojones88']$79 Seagate 2 TB External Hard Drive
This is the cheapest I have see an HDD yet for Wii U external storage.
They won't stay in stock for long going by past experience.

amazon.com/Seagate-Expansion-Desktop-External-2B

.[/QUOTE]

Target had a 320gb drive similar to that for $35 last night. I think its still on sale. I should have bought it because i dont think ill ever need anymore than that. My ps3 is my primary console, has been for many years and ive only accumulated 350 gigs worth of content - most of which i could delete and never miss.

If you live in Thornton,CO there is one in Target on 120th and Washington.

I missed preordering period and I walked in Target this am to try my luck and bammmm I got one lol. Lucky sob.

So, I have found that Nintendo Land blows Wii Sports out of the water, in terms of gaming for all. I could barely get my parents to play Wii Sports Tennis for 15 minutes, but 5-player Mario Chase, Luigi's Ghost Mansion, and the Animal Crossing game got them to play for well over an hour while really enjoying themselves.

[quote name='pROvIs']Is anyone still having trouble getting this? I have a spare deluxe that I will sell to you for Cost + Shipping. Let me know.[/QUOTE]

Ha Ha. Stupid flipper =-P

[quote name='musha666']Ha Ha. Stupid flipper =-P[/QUOTE]

Whats with the hostility? You know nothing about me or my situation.

I preordered multiples because I've been burnt in the past and haven't received my console. I received my second one on Wednesday, offered it to a friend who was interested and he now doesn't have the money. I could flip this but I decided to offer it to a CAG. Why are you a douche? I can just return the item to the store if no one wants it or are going to jerks about it.

Managed to get myself a Deluxe from GameStop this morning. Went in to trade in my PS3 and Wii, and asked if they were selling any Wii Us today, and the guy said yep, they were. Worked out rather nicely, as I had enough credit to pick up the Deluxe, Mario, and Scribblenauts Unlimited. I've spent probably close to 3 hours playing Little Inferno so far, which is a blast.

What did they give you for the Ps3?
Before the wii u came out there was talk of all these bonus trade ins, now no one mentions anything.

[quote name='pROvIs']Is anyone still having trouble getting this? I have a spare deluxe that I will sell to you for Cost + Shipping. Let me know.[/QUOTE]

Grats on being one of the few who'd offer !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back