Not open for further replies.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
iconamazon.gif
Amazon
Consoles* Amazon did not take preorders, see note.
Games

iconbestbuy.gif
Best Buy
Consoles Both models sold out online & in store
Games

icongs_r1.gif
Gamestop
Games

icontoysrus_r1.gif
Toys R Us
Games

icontarget.gif
Target
Games

iconwalmart_r3.gif
Walmart
Consoles
Wii U Bundle Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Wii U Deluxe Sold out online & in store
Wii U Basic Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Games

Sears
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken

kmart.gif
Kmart
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in-store pre-orders were not taken

newegg.gif
Newegg
Deluxe Bundle Bundled with New Super Mario Bros U, Black Ops 2, and Zombi U-Out of Stock
Games

iconplayasia.gif
Play-Asia
Consoles/Games Reservation List Only for NTSC Basic & Deluxe models

Fry's Electronics
Consoles Both models sold out online
Games

Staples
Games

J&R
Consoles Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location.
Games

Nebraska Furniture Mart
Accessories
Games

:hot:Nintendo World Store
Consoles: Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location in NYC.

Notes:

• Newegg, as of now (Friday before launch) is selling the deluxe console as a bundle only. It is listed for immediate shipping, not as a pre-order.

• *Amazon email sent out to those who signed up for Wii U pre-order notification:
Dear Amazon.com Customer,

Thank for you signing up to be notified when the Wii U is available.
Unfortunately the Wii U console is not available at Amazon.com at this time but please check back in the future, as availability may change. We do have the latest Wii U games and accessories available now so check them out. Thank you for shopping with Amazon Video Games.
System Information

YWbCj.png

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='tightclaws']First of all if you buy bread from a factory, I feel sorry for you. I get bread from a bakery or from a store that sells bakery bread, its baked daily and has less crap in it. Also it really does not cost more than garbage packaged breads. What you are saying is pathetic, fresh bread is fresh, good bread is good it has nothing to with store brands and name brands. As a matter of fact most stores now have there own bakery including some Walmarts. So I'm going to have to call Bullshit on your little argument.[/QUOTE]

Bakery bread and factory bread do the same thing....make people fat! Stay away!

[quote name='Japakneez']Bakery bread and factory bread do the same thing....make people fat! Stay away![/QUOTE]
Traditional sourdough is one kind of bread that is actually good for you. The long fermentation breaks down the gluten and makes the vitamins and minerals of the bread easier to assimilate by breaking down the phytic acid. Which is the biggest problem with store bought bread.

Anyway, back on topic. I hope the BestBuy.com store pickup pre-orders work out. Has there been any indication it'll be as easy as walking in the store and picking the system up on 11/18?

[quote name='marioman']Yea because PS2's are so expensive/hard to find..[/QUOTE]

It's not about PS2s being hard to find, it's about having a nice looking, uncluttered living room without consoles strung out everywhere. It's a pain in the butt to pull out the PS2, crawl behind the entertainment center, and juggle wires around every time I feel like playing a PS2 game.

re: bread. Bread isn't as bad for you as the current trend diets make it out to be. Carbs themselves aren't the culprit, it's combining simple carbs with fats that make you fat. If all you're eating is carbs, your insulin spikes but your body burns off the energy. If you're eating carbs with fats, your insulin spikes and creates the environment to store the lipids you consumed as body fat. The effect isn't as drastic with complex carbs, as your blood sugar/insulin levels don't spike. Sprouted wheat bread is a great option for those trying to lose weight, as the glycemic index is even lower than your typical whole wheat bread and it's full of nutrition. White bread, on the other hand, is one of the worst foods you can put in your body. So, really, it's not bread so much as the type of bread and what you eat with it.

[quote name='nintendospy']Traditional sourdough is one kind of bread that is actually good for you. The long fermentation breaks down the gluten and makes the vitamins and minerals of the bread easier to assimilate by breaking down the phytic acid. Which is the biggest problem with store bought bread.

Anyway, back on topic. I hope the BestBuy.com store pickup pre-orders work out. Has there been any indication it'll be as easy as walking in the store and picking the system up on 11/18?[/QUOTE]

Thats how I did my pre-order. I'm actually expecting the worse. Store only receives enough for in-store pre-orders, yet they will give out wii U on a first come first serve basis without any prioritization given to store or online pre-order customers. I got screwed when Dark Souls CE came out for this very reason.

Sourdough tastes good.

[quote name='TraBuch']I'll pick up a WiiU if there's a Tales Of game made exclusively for it. Or Mega Man Legends 3 (I can dream, can't I?)![/QUOTE]

Tales games aren't good enough to justify a console purchase.

[quote name='Nintendonly']Tales games aren't good enough to justify a console purchase.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Most overrated series of all-time...at least on this generation.

[quote name='ProppaT']In the past Wal-Mart hasn't done Midnight releases...instead they tend to wait until later in the morning to launch. I'm not saying that will be the case this time, and I'm not 100% sure what the rationale behind their launch time is, but that's what I've observed in the past. And, knowing Wal-Mart, details are VERY likely to change store to store unless they put a specific time in their flyer.[/QUOTE]

I think Walmart does the voucher thing like Target. After the line forms, they hand out vouchers for however many systems they have to each person in line (limit 1 per person). Then you come back later to pick it up, say around 8am. Walmart doesn't want a mile long line in the electronics department during business hours.

[quote name='vcplant']Toys R Us has some of the Wii U games for 20% off with free shipping if you buy $150 worth of them. Mario being the most notable.[/QUOTE]

Wii U Pro Controller qualifies also. TRU seems to have the wrong picture up though.

Two controllers and Mario together will bring you above the $150 requirement.

[quote name='alwayscheaper']I don't mean to pile on but how did everyone not preorder here? If you wanted one, were on the fence, didn't want one, its so risk free to have preordered and used the next two months to convince yourself to keep it, let it go or flip it. I always miss out on these things but even I went ahead and preordered day of at best buy for local pickup.[/QUOTE]

wasn't the preorder fee only $5 for wii-u, if you preorder in bestbuy stores?

[quote name='alwayscheaper']I don't mean to pile on but how did everyone not preorder here? If you wanted one, were on the fence, didn't want one, its so risk free to have preordered and used the next two months to convince yourself to keep it, let it go or flip it. I always miss out on these things but even I went ahead and preordered day of at best buy for local pickup.[/QUOTE]
Probably because you get your card "authorized" for the full price right away from some places. Or maybe some people really underestimated the demand, I dunno.

[quote name='leungw']Wii U Pro Controller qualifies also. TRU seems to have the wrong picture up though.

Two controllers and Mario together will bring you above the $150 requirement.[/QUOTE]

That is tempting, but the fine print on it excludes presell, video games, and video game hardware I think.

But if they let you check out with the discount, they will probably let you keep it.

[quote name='loomis1975']That is tempting, but the fine print on it excludes presell, video games, and video game hardware I think.

But if they let you check out with the discount, they will probably let you keep it.[/QUOTE]

I was able to check out with the discount. Mario marked down to $47.99 and controller down to $40.00 before tax.

From the bottom of the wait list FAQ page:

"*We cannot guarantee availability on a specific date or at a specific price. Systems may be available for purchase only in a promotional bundle. GameStop will contact you via phone/e-mail once a Wii U system becomes available. By adding yourself to this list, you agree that we can call or e-mail you about the wait list. To be removed from the wait list, please email [email protected]."

Promotional bundles? I can't wait to see how this plays out. People will be getting calls that their $500-$600 Wii U is ready to pickup with preselected games/accessories.

I'm glad I preordered while they were available without bundles. I could be wrong though and Game Stop only sells unbundled ones. We shall see.

GS might be tempted to convert unclaimed pre-orders to more profitable bundles rather quickly, so I'd be sure to pick up my re-order unit ASAP once they call.

[quote name='abrown0402']From the bottom of the wait list FAQ page:

"*We cannot guarantee availability on a specific date or at a specific price. Systems may be available for purchase only in a promotional bundle. GameStop will contact you via phone/e-mail once a Wii U system becomes available. By adding yourself to this list, you agree that we can call or e-mail you about the wait list. To be removed from the wait list, please email [email protected]."

Promotional bundles? I can't wait to see how this plays out. People will be getting calls that their $500-$600 Wii U is ready to pickup with preselected games/accessories.

I'm glad I preordered while they were available without bundles. I could be wrong though and Game Stop only sells unbundled ones. We shall see.[/QUOTE]

Nope, why give them the benefit of the doubt on that one?
Like any good seller (add sarcasm here), they're looking to do two things:
1) Improve their own numbers for PUR members/more income.
2) Increase the console attach ratio (e.g. sell bundles to desperate parents during the Holidays)

[quote name='abrown0402']From the bottom of the wait list FAQ page:

I'm glad I preordered while they were available without bundles. I could be wrong though and Game Stop only sells unbundled ones. We shall see.[/QUOTE]

haha yeah they will include every single launch title in a 899/999 special promotional bundle which includes a "free" subscription to gameinformer. lol.

[quote name='Ivanhoe']haha yeah they will include every single launch title in a 899/999 special promotional bundle which includes a "free" subscription to gameinformer. lol.[/QUOTE]

thats true, heck i even had a subscription to gameinformer and only got two magazines out of 12 months and they couldnt figure out why i wasnt getting them, but now if i really want one, i just go in and i end up getting it free

Does anyone know if B&M Target stores are taking Wii U preorders, or will it be first-come first-serve on launch day? I actually enjoy the line-sitting experience.

Does anyone know if Gamestop calls you if you still want your pre-order and they cancel it if you don't pick up the call? I need to know because the phone number I have on my PUR account is no longer valid.

[quote name='mr.ratburn']Does anyone know if Gamestop calls you if you still want your pre-order and they cancel it if you don't pick up the call? I need to know because the phone number I have on my PUR account is no longer valid.[/QUOTE]

Why would any of that happen?

[quote name='DeepFriedAsian']Does anyone know if B&M Target stores are taking Wii U preorders, or will it be first-come first-serve on launch day? I actually enjoy the line-sitting experience.[/QUOTE]

My wife asked a couple days ago and (take it with a grain of salt, minimum wage teenager) he said try again in a week or two.

[quote name='Drclaw411']Why would any of that happen?[/QUOTE]

I don't know. I believe I heard some stores did/do that. I doubt Gamestop does it, but I'd like to know for sure.

[quote name='vcplant']My wife asked a couple days ago and (take it with a grain of salt, minimum wage teenager) he said try again in a week or two.[/QUOTE]

AFAIK it's still first come first serve. I've never seen system preorders there.

[quote name='mr.ratburn']Does anyone know if Gamestop calls you if you still want your pre-order and they cancel it if you don't pick up the call? I need to know because the phone number I have on my PUR account is no longer valid.[/QUOTE]

Change your phone number on the PUR site (Poweruprewards.com).

Pre-orders are generally held for 48 hours after release. So since WiiU release is on 11/18, you have till 11/20 @ closing to pick it up. But if you call your local store and tell them you arent able to pick it up until later, they should have no problem holding it (within reason).

Who will be getting it at Walmart on launch day? How many WiiUs you guys think they will have per store?
I couldnt preordered on time so my last chance to get on lauch day is to camp outside of Walmart. Any other store doing this in US(PR)?

no idea how many wii u consoles any given walmart will have, i was at the wii launch and the closest walmart to me had 20 consoles available at launch. hopefully they will have at least that many wii u consoles. That said, i was still able to show 30 mins before store opening and secure the 20th console. They had a ticket system where an employee would walk every so often and hand out a ticket to any new customers in line. I even saw 4-5 older couples going to get 2 of them since it was 1 per paying customer.

good luck

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']Luckily I got my preorder in at GS.com at launch. I don't want to buy any shitty bundles to get my damn console. GS will do it too.[/QUOTE]

Didn't some store do that with the Wii's launch and was later forced to offer full refunds on any or all part of the bundle? I think it was Best Buy.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']Luckily I got my preorder in at GS.com at launch. I don't want to buy any shitty bundles to get my damn console. GS will do it too.[/QUOTE]

I normally don't go for bundles either but the walmart bundle was really all stuff I was going to buy anyway. NSMBU and Pro Controller was a good bundle. The wii mote option was not so I did not order with it and glad I waited another day til they added the pro controller as an option.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']I thought Rayman was confirmed Launch Day, oh well. I bought Darksiders II for my WiiU fix.[/QUOTE]

It's been on every other launch day list. I'm wondering if it was just an accidental omission. That and NSMBU were going to be my only two launch day purchases, unless the write ups on Zombi U make it sound more impressive than the video footage. It still looks too much like a work in progress to get me excited at this point.

[quote name='nightmarishhero']no idea how many wii u consoles any given walmart will have, i was at the wii launch and the closest walmart to me had 20 consoles available at launch. hopefully they will have at least that many wii u consoles. That said, i was still able to show 30 mins before store opening and secure the 20th console. They had a ticket system where an employee would walk every so often and hand out a ticket to any new customers in line. I even saw 4-5 older couples going to get 2 of them since it was 1 per paying customer.

good luck[/QUOTE]

Wow thanks for the advice. Hopefully I'll get a better place in the line cuz I'll be there since the 17th morning.
I already asked for the day off on my job.

Rayman seems to be listed as December 4th at most places, so at least it's not too long of a wait.

I'd also guess that some confusion is it being on launch lists for other regions... which, given they're launching later, it would be ready for.

Still, this is a strong enough launch that I'm not too disappointed.

[quote name='ps2emotions']I normally don't go for bundles either but the walmart bundle was really all stuff I was going to buy anyway. NSMBU and Pro Controller was a good bundle. The wii mote option was not so I did not order with it and glad I waited another day til they added the pro controller as an option.[/QUOTE]
I did the same except went for Zombie U I'm kind of getting sick of the mario bros clones, waiting on new 3D 1. Though I might get this one if nothing else strikes my fancy in the first week or two.

[quote name='ps2emotions']I'm just wondering how many of you will be keeping your wii hooked up beside your new wii u?[/QUOTE]

The only reason I can think of for doing this is so you can play Mario Kart Wii with the GC controller. If I want to play a GC game, I'll play it on my GC...seeing that GC games on a GC with component cables look a hell of a lot better than GC games on a Wii with component cables.

I will. I have the Wii hooked up to a normal CRT TV and I have no reason to change that. If I want Wii games or GC games, they'll be played on that without a plasma or LCD screwing up the picture or adding lag to the remote.

[quote name='007']Rayman seems to be listed as December 4th at most places, so at least it's not too long of a wait. [/QUOTE]

It'll get pushed back, though, no doubt. Happens every time there's a launch. They do that to increase the perceived value of the system and then push back the games that are coming out shortly after launch due to some excuse (lie).

I just sent nintendo an email regarding if the Wii U will output 720p through the Wii component cables. I also asked about play history from Wii games being played on the Wii. Here is the email and I will let you guys know the response I receive since I can't find an answer to these questions anywhere online.

Hi. I'm very excited about the Wii U. In fact I preordered a deluxe set a few days after it being announced. My question regards hookup up of the Wii U. My Wii is currently hooked up to my 720p LCD with Component video cables (green, red, blue video plugs and red/white audio plugs) which gives me 480p from the wii. I know the Wii U does 720p and I know the component cable I have my wii hooked up to will physically fit the Wii U. My question is will the Wii U output 720p to my HDTV using my current Wii component cable. I can't find an answer for this anywhere and since my lcd only has one hdmi port I need to know before receiving my Wii U. Also, will I be able to transfer my Wii games and game saves over to the Wii U? Does the Wii U show play history like the Wii and if so will it show the play history for my Wii games and Virtual consoles games? Thanks so much for any information you can give me regarding this.

[quote name='ps2emotions']My question regards hookup up of the Wii U. My Wii is currently hooked up to my 720p LCD with Component video cables (green, red, blue video plugs and red/white audio plugs) which gives me 480p from the wii. I know the Wii U does 720p and I know the component cable I have my wii hooked up to will physically fit the Wii U. My question is will the Wii U output 720p to my HDTV using my current Wii component cable. I can't find an answer for this anywhere and since my lcd only has one hdmi port I need to know before receiving my Wii U. Also, will I be able to transfer my Wii games and game saves over to the Wii U? Does the Wii U show play history like the Wii and if so will it show the play history for my Wii games and Virtual consoles games? Thanks so much for any information you can give me regarding this.[/QUOTE]

According to some interviews Nintendo has done you'll need to have both the Wii & the Wii U connected to the net at the same time in order to transfer the games between the two systems. You should be able to use an SD card to transfer the saves. The Wii component cable should also do the job to get 720p with the Wii U, the limiting factor with the Wii was the system and not the cable itself. IIRC the Wii also can output a native 1080p signal on specific games that support that resolution.

[quote name='ProppaT']GC games on a GC with component cables look a hell of a lot better than GC games on a Wii with component cables.[/QUOTE]

Really?

Ok I preordered a Wii at my local gamestop out of just the joy of next gen systems same thing I do with all systems. But I really don't want it, I will end up selling it on ebay. Does anyone else do this, I remember when Xbox360 and PS3 first came out and I got all excited and racked up a $1800 credit card bill by buying like 3 of each. But sold the extras and cleared my bill, but I don't want to do that with the Wii U as I am not really that excited about it. Next xbox and ps3 may be different tho lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back