Not open for further replies.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
iconamazon.gif
Amazon
Consoles* Amazon did not take preorders, see note.
Games

iconbestbuy.gif
Best Buy
Consoles Both models sold out online & in store
Games

icongs_r1.gif
Gamestop
Games

icontoysrus_r1.gif
Toys R Us
Games

icontarget.gif
Target
Games

iconwalmart_r3.gif
Walmart
Consoles
Wii U Bundle Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Wii U Deluxe Sold out online & in store
Wii U Basic Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Games

Sears
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken

kmart.gif
Kmart
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in-store pre-orders were not taken

newegg.gif
Newegg
Deluxe Bundle Bundled with New Super Mario Bros U, Black Ops 2, and Zombi U-Out of Stock
Games

iconplayasia.gif
Play-Asia
Consoles/Games Reservation List Only for NTSC Basic & Deluxe models

Fry's Electronics
Consoles Both models sold out online
Games

Staples
Games

J&R
Consoles Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location.
Games

Nebraska Furniture Mart
Accessories
Games

:hot:Nintendo World Store
Consoles: Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location in NYC.

Notes:

• Newegg, as of now (Friday before launch) is selling the deluxe console as a bundle only. It is listed for immediate shipping, not as a pre-order.

• *Amazon email sent out to those who signed up for Wii U pre-order notification:
Dear Amazon.com Customer,

Thank for you signing up to be notified when the Wii U is available.
Unfortunately the Wii U console is not available at Amazon.com at this time but please check back in the future, as availability may change. We do have the latest Wii U games and accessories available now so check them out. Thank you for shopping with Amazon Video Games.
System Information

YWbCj.png

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='TheBigHouse']Thanks for the quick responses. I went ahead and ordered from best buy and will look to cancel my GS in-store preorder as there's no way I could pick it up until the 26th.[/QUOTE]

Just do it online for instore pickup.

[quote name='jovhany']You will get charged on pre order[/QUOTE]

The card you used will be authorized for that amount and a temporary hold will be put on the account for that amount. It will go away in 3 or so days depending on the bank

[quote name='spauldingfan']Thinking about reserving at best buy in store, but is anyone else worried about them overselling the $5 reserves ?[/QUOTE]

Yes. Here's a case where I would trust GS's experience in the business over Best Buy's. GS will surely cut them off before they get too many to fulfill - with Best Buy, who the hell knows.

My 3DS XL pre-order that I did with them for in-store pick up got cancelled the day before release. Not sure why. The charge for it kept disappearing and reappearing several times in my bank account. Definitely annoying.

Just got done chatting with a BB rep and he said they'll charge your CC the full amount on a Wii U pre-order if ordered online.
He had to put me on hold for a few minutes to check before he gave me an answer.
I'm not sure if that's accurate, so I'm just going to go in store and pre-order.

Even though I don't care too much for nintendo stuff, this should make the kids and wife happy.

imgres
[quote name='Alkalinejoe']A quick google search says that they are not the same and the Wii's is different.[/QUOTE]
Alright my bad dude, just trying to help a CAG out......
imgres

[quote name='io']Yes. Here's a case where I would trust GS's experience in the business over Best Buy's. GS will surely cut them off before they get too many to fulfill - with Best Buy, who the hell knows.[/QUOTE]

I am trusting no one. I preordered 1 at my local gamestop (1st in line) and I also preordered one at Best Buy. (I'm really hoping BBY doesn't mess it up since I have enough trade in credit to buy one) If/When it shows up on Amazon I will preorder one there as well. I learned my lesson last console release, do not put all your eggs in one basket. I'm just hoping to get one :D if I end up with an extra I'll offer it to a few friends at cost or if they aren't interested just return one of them

One thing that is a plus about the Wii U is that it actually ships with an HDMI cable.

Oh yeah, I really hope Nintendoland comes in a box and not a slip like Wii Sports and New Super Mario Bros did with wii.

[quote name='io']Yes. Here's a case where I would trust GS's experience in the business over Best Buy's. GS will surely cut them off before they get too many to fulfill - with Best Buy, who the hell knows.[/QUOTE]
haha yeah, you can never trust gamestop with this stuff, period.

[quote name='aTaRiFrEaK223']One thing that is a plus about the Wii U is that it actually ships with an HDMI cable.

[/QUOTE]

I was surprised to see that too. That alone is worth $150!! ;)

just preordered deluxe from bestbuy for instore pickup.I put it on my BB credit card since it has 6 months no interest. Only comes out to $62 a month which isn't bad at all.

Don't really care for gamestop online and i can't get to a store until this weekend and by then im sure i wouldn't be near the front of the line.

[quote name='Zazoo']I am trusting no one. I preordered 1 at my local gamestop (1st in line) and I also preordered one at Best Buy. (I'm really hoping BBY doesn't mess it up since I have enough trade in credit to buy one) If/When it shows up on Amazon I will preorder one there as well. I learned my lesson last console release, do not put all your eggs in one basket. I'm just hoping to get one :D if I end up with an extra I'll offer it to a few friends at cost or if they aren't interested just return one of them[/QUOTE]

Probably the way to go to be sure. I'm just going to stick with my GS preorder, though - I'm not that excited to get it, so I can wait a bit if need be. If, for some reason, they hose me out of a launch day system, I'm sure I'd be able to get one in the next shipment or two. I was the first to preorder at my store and the manager had called me (and others) in the AM to tell them about the preorders. He knows who I am and saw me preorder it, so I think I can press for a system early on even if they get shorted by Nintendo. GS will come through for me - there is a lot of irrational hate for GS on CAG, but they have been good to me with this sort of thing in the past. I was impressed that they called me this morning to let me know about the preorders - I hadn't even been on any sort of callback list or anything. They just knew thay I had bought some Nintendo stuff there in the past (and I think the last thing was a 3DS at launch so it's not like I'm a frequent Nintendo product buyer).

One thing is for sure, though - this is definitely not like it was for the original Wii/PS3 preorders. Back then people camped out just to get preorders. At my local GS they had not sold a single preorder Wii U to another customer before I came in around 11 am today). They expect it to pick up tomorrow when more people get home tonight and hear about it - but that's a big change from 6 years ago.

[quote name='Slight Defect']
imgres

Alright my bad dude, just trying to help a CAG out......
imgres
[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I initially thought that as well but the Wii decided to be different. =/

If the cables weren't so damn expensive I'd trade in my Wii so fast...

[quote name='SKEETER']I answered just like anyone who is exasperated about seeing the same questions repeatedly. Eventually someone would've replied the same way I did.

No, you have issues because of the way you are acting now. Funny how you talk about being a "normal person" while you're freaking out about being called out on your lack of
2sakllw.gif

Hmmm...how...abnormal. Wow, you're gamer rage at it's finest lol![/QUOTE]
Who says I'm mad? About what, exactly? Your first comment showed that you were angry and negative about my comment. So the rage was more in your favor. And If you didn't like what i said then you should have left it alone to begin with. No one forced you to respond. That's taking the high road. But i just want to get back discussing the WiiU not auguring, because this is getting lame now. If i was to get the wii u it would be the premium black, how about you? My backlog is somewhat big so I'll have to wait.:)

[quote name='Alkalinejoe']Yeah, I initially thought that as well but the Wii decided to be different. =/

If the cables weren't so damn expensive I'd trade in my Wii so fast...[/QUOTE]

heres an idea: go to a gamestop and say your interested in buying a gamecube and ask to see if they have a used one with components or one of those 3 in one av/component cables (when people trade in consoles at gamestop without av cables or the ac adapter, they are forced to buy a cable like that) Then buy the console and swap the cords. Or just ask if they can let you swap, just offer them a pre-order or 2, they rely on numbers for their hours and the used gamecubes are not listed depending on the cords so there is no un-ethical reason to let them swap it!

[quote name='ShadyAve']Who says I'm mad? About what, exactly? Your first comment showed that you were angry and negative about my comment. So the rage was more in your favor. And If you didn't like what i said then you should have left it alone to begin with. No one forced you to respond. That's taking the high road. But i just want to get back discussing the WiiU not auguring, because this is getting lame now. If i was to get the wii u it would be the premium black, how about you? My backlog is somewhat big so I'll have to wait.:)[/QUOTE]

I really was not my intention to offend you but, no hard feelings. OK let's shake keyboards and call it even! :lol:

I am getting premium as well but will not wait despite my big ass backlog. If the "friending" is based on username, I would want to lock mine in before someone else does ;)

[quote name='Slight Defect']heres an idea: go to a gamestop and say your interested in buying a gamecube and ask to see if they have a used one with components or one of those 3 in one av/component cables (when people trade in consoles at gamestop without av cables or the ac adapter, they are forced to buy a cable like that) Then buy the console and swap the cords. Or just ask if they can let you swap, just offer them a pre-order or 2, they rely on numbers for their hours and the used gamecubes are not listed depending on the cords so there is no un-ethical reason to let them swap it![/QUOTE]

Don't forget you also have to make sure your GameCube has the port for the component cable. I think I heard the earlier models had that...google it just to be sure.

[quote name='Slight Defect']heres an idea: go to a gamestop and say your interested in buying a gamecube and ask to see if they have a used one with components or one of those 3 in one av/component cables (when people trade in consoles at gamestop without av cables or the ac adapter, they are forced to buy a cable like that) Then buy the console and swap the cords. Or just ask if they can let you swap, just offer them a pre-order or 2, they rely on numbers for their hours and the used gamecubes are not listed depending on the cords so there is no un-ethical reason to let them swap it![/QUOTE]
That seems like such a stretch, i wonder who would trade in $80 cables to gamestop. Not to mention the closest one with a gamecube is a little over 10 miles from me. :cry:

Edit: Mine appears to have 2 outputs so it looks like it does (Analog and Digital outputs).

Hey all..take this with a grain of salt. I posted a message on Amazon's facebook page and this is the response I received....

"Hey Mel - I looked at Nintendo's website and it does show Amazon.com as a retailer of this device. We do not have any information on this particular console. I recommend to check back closer to the launch date which is November 18th, 2012.

I'm sorry I do not have more information at this time."

I am starting to wonder if I should have posted on Amazon's game page instead.

this isnt going to be used as a DVR is it

8GB is nothing with a basic DVR has 120 to 160 GB on it

will never pay 300 for it... seems like a wii 1.5 instead of a new system

looking at you 3ds

[quote name='io']Probably the way to go to be sure. I'm just going to stick with my GS preorder, though - I'm not that excited to get it, so I can wait a bit if need be. If, for some reason, they hose me out of a launch day system, I'm sure I'd be able to get one in the next shipment or two. I was the first to preorder at my store and the manager had called me (and others) in the AM to tell them about the preorders. He knows who I am and saw me preorder it, so I think I can press for a system early on even if they get shorted by Nintendo. GS will come through for me - there is a lot of irrational hate for GS on CAG, but they have been good to me with this sort of thing in the past. I was impressed that they called me this morning to let me know about the preorders - I hadn't even been on any sort of callback list or anything. They just knew thay I had bought some Nintendo stuff there in the past (and I think the last thing was a 3DS at launch so it's not like I'm a frequent Nintendo product buyer).

One thing is for sure, though - this is definitely not like it was for the original Wii/PS3 preorders. Back then people camped out just to get preorders. At my local GS they had not sold a single preorder Wii U to another customer before I came in around 11 am today). They expect it to pick up tomorrow when more people get home tonight and hear about it - but that's a big change from 6 years ago.[/QUOTE]

I bare no hard feelings for game stop I just don't know the manager or anyone at my local store. The store has been barely open for 6 months and its not a place a normally go to so hence my reason for being hesitant even though I'm first in line and I preordered it from the Manger. I was there when they opened so I don't know how many if any preorders they have taken today since I was there.

I know the gaming people a lot better at best buy, but who knows how or if there system will keep track of who preordered first and I'm not sure the Gaming department will have a whole lot of control over it.

We are planning on having a launch party/b-day party so I really want one on launch day.

Just reserved a Deluxe from my local GameStop. Dude told me I was 7th on the list, but didn't specify whether those were all Deluxe or standard. Now I'm just hoping that they have one for me at the midnight launch...

Just preordered the deluxe and NSMBU. Still not quite sold on it, but I figured since there's a likely chance I'll want one, I would go ahead and pre-order. If I change my mind, I can always cancel.

Sorry just to off work why only 8gb and 32gb? Shouldn't it be more for 300 and 350 respectively?

Also just read Nintendo won't be selling game pads with screen separate so what if ou break yours have to buy a whole new system?

And I believe they should have included the regular controller that they announced which looked just like xbox360 controller

Let's see there are a lot of games but I think I may wait 6-12 months to see what Sony and MS will announce. I am happy Nintendo has finally joined us in HD age and that we will be able to play Zelda in HD. But for me personally there are a lot of unknowns. I don't want to going through growing pain like I did with PSN and Nintendo whole fully ave looked at Sony and MS for their online service and made the proper improvements whe it launches

[quote name='Alkalinejoe']That seems like such a stretch, i wonder who would trade in $80 cables to gamestop. Not to mention the closest one with a gamecube is a little over 10 miles from me. :cry:

Edit: Mine appears to have 2 outputs so it looks like it does (Analog and Digital outputs).[/QUOTE]
trust me, people dont know the difference......

The reason they're not selling the gamepads separately in the beginning is because they want to have more launch consoles out there (plus no games use two as of yet). That makes sense, and I'm sure they'll sell it separately soon enough.

[quote name='slidecage']this isnt going to be used as a DVR is it

8GB is nothing with a basic DVR has 120 to 160 GB on it

will never pay 300 for it... seems like a wii 1.5 instead of a new system

looking at you 3ds[/QUOTE]

After 2 years of quietness this is what Nintendo have shown its amazing how generic this is. And like a lot of you I am not excited for this new system.

What has me excited now is that MS and Sony will look at this and can easily out do it even without trying. But both ps4 and xbox360 will have much much better specs. For something that $300 the tech doesn't seem to warrant a price point of 300. I wonder how much it would be without the game pad. Most likely under 200

Just preordered at Best Buy for store pickup (even though I'm not sure I want the system or not). I plan on trading in games here and there to stockload some credit for when it comes out. Anyone think they will give me a problem about cancelling my store pickup when I go in so I can pay with store credit? This has been okay in the past on small items, but I don't know if it will cause a stink since it will probably be a highly sought after item. This is all assuming my store pickup goes through without problems, of course.

[quote name='fujishig']The reason they're not selling the gamepads separately in the beginning is because they want to have more launch consoles out there (plus no games use two as of yet). That makes sense, and I'm sure they'll sell it separately soon enough.[/QUOTE]

After 2 years of prepare ment how could they not be ready to ave a smooth launch. What if someone breaks theirs than have to buy a brand new system?

After 2 e3's there were a lot of questions and even after today there are some questions and head scratching questions.

Can someone explain why this system is using a 2008 chip/gpu? And can we upgrade the memory because 32gb in this day and age is nothing

[quote name='SKEETER']I really was not my intention to offend you but, no hard feelings. OK let's shake keyboards and call it even! :lol:

I am getting premium as well but will not wait despite my big ass backlog. If the "friending" is based on username, I would want to lock mine in before someone else does ;)[/QUOTE]
Zombi u looks cool along with the bayonetta 2 announcement. I love bayonetta. Thought it was a great game.

I ordered 2 Deluxe's today. (one from Bestbuy.com, one from Gamestop.com). Plus 4 different games from Amazon.

I shall flip the shit out of that second console. Put it up on eBay around December 10.... and keep my fucking fingers crossed that I get a big flip. Lol, this could be the biggest flip fail in history. #flipfailpossibility

[quote name='showtimefolks']After 2 years of prepare ment how could they not be ready to ave a smooth launch. What if someone breaks theirs than have to buy a brand new system?

After 2 e3's there were a lot of questions and even after today there are some questions and head scratching questions.

Can someone explain why this system is using a 2008 chip/gpu? And can we upgrade the memory because 32gb in this day and age is nothing[/QUOTE]

You can hook up any external hard drive by USB.

Didn't see this mentioned - remember that only Wii motion + remotes work with the Wii U.

Not sure if that means regular Wii remotes with the motion plus attachment will work or not, but be warned if you think your regular Wii remotes will work with this.

[quote name='mpaullin']Just preordered at Best Buy for store pickup (even though I'm not sure I want the system or not). I plan on trading in games here and there to stockload some credit for when it comes out. Anyone think they will give me a problem about cancelling my store pickup when I go in so I can pay with store credit? This has been okay in the past on small items, but I don't know if it will cause a stink since it will probably be a highly sought after item. This is all assuming my store pickup goes through without problems, of course.[/QUOTE]

Shouldnt be a problem but worse case if they wont let you cancel it and buy it with store credit you can just purchase it, Then come back the next day and do a return rebuy.

Just posted this in the GS preorder thread because I didn't see this one. I just did an order for store pickup. I plan to stockpile some store credit between now and release by trading some games. Do you guys think they will give me trouble about cancelling my store pickup so I can pay with my credit? This has been okay in the past with small items, but I didn't know if this would be a problem since this will probably be a highly sought item.

[quote name='henry00x']i really dont understand why they only managed 32gb of internal storage that is a damn joke, smh , like another poster said theres only 1 choice its the deluxe, the basic one with 8gb storage is a waste of $[/QUOTE]
It may be small amounts of storage but it's flash memory. I.e. solid state. If you keep the games you're currently playing on it and store the rest on a USB hd, it'll actually be a pretty smart solution performance-wise.

I am a crazy Nintendo fan and have owned every single system, console and handheld, Day 1, since the SNES, but I can honestly say that the Wii was the overall biggest letdown I ever experienced. I even loved the Gamecube which was bashed so much. I know that many games were playable on the Wii, and I still played every second of Twilight Princess, Mario Galaxy 1 and 2 and probably a couple dozen others, but I have played literally hundreds of games on the Xbox and PS3 this generation. It saddens me that I feel this way, but I just don't care about the Wii U much at all. I hope I'm wrong and it has great games that get pumped out all the time, but I have a feeling it basically will port over a ton of stuff we've already played and give us 3-6 great games and then just be another Wii clone with tons of shovelware and a great game every 6 months or so if we're lucky.

[quote name='Zazoo']I bare no hard feelings for game stop I just don't know the manager or anyone at my local store. The store has been barely open for 6 months and its not a place a normally go to so hence my reason for being hesitant even though I'm first in line and I preordered it from the Manger. I was there when they opened so I don't know how many if any preorders they have taken today since I was there.

I know the gaming people a lot better at best buy, but who knows how or if there system will keep track of who preordered first and I'm not sure the Gaming department will have a whole lot of control over it.

We are planning on having a launch party/b-day party so I really want one on launch day.[/QUOTE]
From what I remember with the 3ds and vita preorders at best buy, they put aside all the systems that the computer told them they had reserved. No customer info, phone numbers, etc... But they had More than enough to cover pre orders since ...since they both flopped day one. For an actual console... I bet they will oversell. Last time I got a console day one from best buy I camped out since there were no pre orders.

[quote name='mpaullin']Just posted this in the GS preorder thread because I didn't see this one. I just did an order for store pickup. I plan to stockpile some store credit between now and release by trading some games. Do you guys think they will give me trouble about cancelling my store pickup so I can pay with my credit? This has been okay in the past with small items, but I didn't know if this would be a problem since this will probably be a highly sought item.[/QUOTE]

GameStop are bad I ave trouble canceling online order

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back