Not open for further replies.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
iconamazon.gif
Amazon
Consoles* Amazon did not take preorders, see note.
Games

iconbestbuy.gif
Best Buy
Consoles Both models sold out online & in store
Games

icongs_r1.gif
Gamestop
Games

icontoysrus_r1.gif
Toys R Us
Games

icontarget.gif
Target
Games

iconwalmart_r3.gif
Walmart
Consoles
Wii U Bundle Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Wii U Deluxe Sold out online & in store
Wii U Basic Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Games

Sears
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken

kmart.gif
Kmart
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in-store pre-orders were not taken

newegg.gif
Newegg
Deluxe Bundle Bundled with New Super Mario Bros U, Black Ops 2, and Zombi U-Out of Stock
Games

iconplayasia.gif
Play-Asia
Consoles/Games Reservation List Only for NTSC Basic & Deluxe models

Fry's Electronics
Consoles Both models sold out online
Games

Staples
Games

J&R
Consoles Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location.
Games

Nebraska Furniture Mart
Accessories
Games

:hot:Nintendo World Store
Consoles: Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location in NYC.

Notes:

• Newegg, as of now (Friday before launch) is selling the deluxe console as a bundle only. It is listed for immediate shipping, not as a pre-order.

• *Amazon email sent out to those who signed up for Wii U pre-order notification:
Dear Amazon.com Customer,

Thank for you signing up to be notified when the Wii U is available.
Unfortunately the Wii U console is not available at Amazon.com at this time but please check back in the future, as availability may change. We do have the latest Wii U games and accessories available now so check them out. Thank you for shopping with Amazon Video Games.
System Information

YWbCj.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Gonna drop buy and pre-order tomorrow at best buy I was there today and they weren't offering it yet, but I did pre-order Rayman Legends which said it was 49.99 but now its 59.99 I wonder which price I will pay

[quote name='SKEETER']Bayonetta was highly underrated IMO.[/QUOTE]

I actually thought the gunplay had poor weight to it. I owned it on 360 and was immediately turned off. Hope they fix that for Wii U fans for the second one.

[quote name='Youngnoble']The guy at the gaming register did it for me. Here is the sku 6775874.
Here is how it shows on my receipt.
6775874 Test SKU FO
TEST SKU FOR MARKET 19 #3[/QUOTE]

What's the minimum deposit to preorder?

[quote name='209chromatic']What's the minimum deposit to preorder?[/QUOTE]

I just called my local and the girl said $5.45. In her SO computer, it shows up as the Premium 32GB, but it shows up as the Test Sku in the checkout system. She went to go check with the Gaming Division for me.

[quote name='CheapyD']

Also, earlier in the thread someone noted that only Wii Motion Plus controllers are compatible. This does not seem to be the case:

http://www.nintendo.com/wiiu/features/tech-specs/
The Wii U console is capable of supporting two Wii U GamePad controllers, up to four Wii Remote™ (or Wii Remote™ Plus) controllers or Wii U™ Pro Controllers, and Wii™ accessories such as the Nunchuk™, Classic Controller™ and Wii Balance Board™[/QUOTE]

I think some of the confusion about wii motion plus being required or not may be in regards to use with a WiiU game vs running a wii game on the WiiU. It may be the case that while a non-motion plus controller is supported on the WiiU, it is only works when you run a Wii game not a WiiU game.....I don't know the answer myself, but this is the sort of small detail that can get lost in a big press conference/post conference press scrum.

Why doesn't Amazon take my money damnit!

I wish Video game websites would cover the feud between Amazon and Nintendo. They haven't had any Nintendo hardware related products in their inventory for a while now.

A major seller of video games not selling your product is huge and I'm sure it does cost Nintendo sales.

Someone should get to the bottom of this and find out what is up.

This has become the elephant in the room, it's obvious.

I got credit to burn but it looks like it won't go towards a Wii U.

[quote name='ral1121']Why doesn't Amazon take my money damnit!

I wish Video game websites would cover the feud between Amazon and Nintendo. They haven't had any Nintendo hardware related products in their inventory for a while now.

A major seller of video games not selling your product is huge and I'm sure it does cost Nintendo sales.

I got credit to burn but it looks like it won't go towards a Wii U.[/QUOTE]

Amazon never explained why they won't sell Nintendo hardware, but it clearly stems from problems with the original 3DS system (and returns due to those problems). The biggest issue has always been that the upper screen can be scratched by the lower screen due to a design flaw. The other possible issue is the floppy hinges that don't firmly lock into place. Can't think of any other reasons why they wouldn't carry any of their systems anymore.

Don't know why, but my Gamestop account doesn't seem to be working. I just get the due to my billing address can't order, blah blah. I'd be pretty pissed if I am banned when my last transaction was preordering a game at comic-con.

I was gonna get it at Best Buy but was by GameStop this morning shortly after they opened and checked if they had pre-orders, ending up being the first to order one, got the deluxe model and also ordered NSMBU. Have ZombiU and Tanks!Tanks!Tanks! on Newegg right now as well.

The whole Amazon thing is very frustrating. I'm going to go ahead and send them an email about it for kicks and giggles, it'll be interesting to see what they come back with.

[quote name='chimpmeister']Amazon never explained why they won't sell Nintendo hardware, but it clearly stems from problems with the original 3DS system (and returns due to those problems). The biggest issue has always been that the upper screen can be scratched by the lower screen due to a design flaw. The other possible issue is the floppy hinges that don't firmly lock into place. Can't think of any other reasons why they wouldn't carry any of their systems anymore.[/QUOTE]

Amazon carries 3DS in every other part pf the world, and they still fulfill orders by third party sellers here. Looks to me like a financial feud of some sort with NOA, but I would really like to see some reporting.

So... no Amazon? I might just have to Gamestop it then. What's the best dealio as of right now?

Anything that'd offer free one day delivery? I don't wanna walk around with a WiiU and get robbed.

[quote name='gkrykewy']Amazon carries 3DS in every other part pf the world, and they still fulfill orders by third party sellers here. Looks to me like a financial feud of some sort with NOA, but I would really like to see some reporting.[/QUOTE]

Yep, UK and other Amazon's still sell the items; it does sound like a problem with Amazon.com and NOA. We may never know, no one seems to be talking about it at all.

[quote name='wampa8jedi']The whole Amazon thing is very frustrating. I'm going to go ahead and send them an email about it for kicks and giggles, it'll be interesting to see what they come back with.[/QUOTE]
I mean on the official Nintendo Wii-U where to buy site, Amazon is listed. So hopefully soon they list it. Either that or Newegg. I figured I am going to buy there, I never had a problem with either nor do I want to trust another place.

Still undecided, but stopped by GameStop tonight to put down $25. Figure better to have a spot in line if I decide I want to pick it up at launch. Shocked to find that I was only the 5th person to put down money at the store - and that was at 6:30 tonight. I remember for the original Wii there was a line 20 people deep before the store even opened.

[quote name='wampa8jedi']The whole Amazon thing is very frustrating. I'm going to go ahead and send them an email about it for kicks and giggles, it'll be interesting to see what they come back with.[/QUOTE]

They will send a reply to you, just for punches and chuckles.

[quote name='advanced']I just called my local and the girl said $5.45. In her SO computer, it shows up as the Premium 32GB, but it shows up as the Test Sku in the checkout system. She went to go check with the Gaming Division for me.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. Already pre ordered from GS but would rather buy from BB since I have some credit.

I feel like I'm the only one wanting the basic white version. Am i missing something other than what has already been mentioned in this thread on the deluxe?

If they want a sale from me, then they better settle their issues with Amazon, because I refuse to order it anywhere else. Not happy about the $350 price tag, but I'm likely to end up getting it regardless (even if I don't play it, much like the Wii).

Edit: I saw people e-mailing Amazon to find out, so I actually just e-mailed Nintendo to see if they have any sort of response. I doubt it, but we'll see.

[quote name='ral1121']

[/QUOTE]

Exactly. All the more weird is Nintendo showed off Amazon-on-demand video as part of its TVii initiative.

Now I was thinking that Amazon is readying a console of some sort. Digital-download only console. And that's why Nintendo isn't doing business with them.

Also note the two companies (Nintendo USA and AMazon) are headquartered in Seattle. Maybe Amazon is poaching Nintendo employees?

OR maybe Nintendo pulled all their hardware from Amazon once Amazon decided not to carry the 3ds?

[quote name='halvorsb']Still undecided, but stopped by GameStop tonight to put down $25. Figure better to have a spot in line if I decide I want to pick it up at launch. Shocked to find that I was only the 5th person to put down money at the store - and that was at 6:30 tonight. I remember for the original Wii there was a line 20 people deep before the store even opened.[/QUOTE]

I'm the 14th, according to my local gamestop. it was around 6:30pm too.

[quote name='SpartenOmega117']Standard vs deluxe? Which one do you guys think is better for the money?[/QUOTE]

Everybody I know has been saying that it isn't worth picking up the Standard and that if you're going to buy it, to get the black one.

[quote name='Barry Burton']i'll wait for it to drop to $100[/QUOTE]

By then the real next-gen consoles will be out and this thing will be a distant memory, just like Wii. Why waste even $100 at that point.

[quote name='SpartenOmega117']Standard vs deluxe? Which one do you guys think is better for the money?[/QUOTE]

If you want Nintendoland, get the deluxe console. If you for sure don't care about it, get the standard and pick up a big external HDD for $50 so you get more storage space.

[quote name='Youngnoble']The guy at the gaming register did it for me. Here is the sku 6775874.
Here is how it shows on my receipt.
6775874 Test SKU FO
TEST SKU FOR MARKET 19 #3[/QUOTE]

Hmmm Interesting my local BBY wouldn't let me order under the test sku said they weren't allowed to do that. I did preorder one online for store pick up So I'll try again tomorrow to preorder in store as well.

[quote name='Wanderlai']I'd keep an eye out at Amazon around 3:00 est this morning.[/QUOTE]

I'll be up, that's for sure. Need to pre-order the iPhone 5 haha.

Deluxe! If you don't care about the game, charging dock, console stand, wii pad stand, then sell it all off. All that stuff should bring in more than $50 easy.

[quote name='shadowrage']What games did they announce for Wii-U that are making you all pre-order it?[/QUOTE]

well they did announce Bayonetta 2. Everyone at Gaf is going nuts for that game.

Pre-ordered the deluxe set at Best Buy for in-store pickup around 6:30 pm EST this evening. Paid with $33 on a gift card (from trading in Sleeping Dogs), a $5 reward certificate, and the rest on PayPal. I'm actually super excited for this console. I'll be ridiculously angry if for some reason I don't end up getting mine on day 1. Gonna wait until November 18 and pick up NSMBU from Meijer with my gf's 10% employee discount.

[quote name='Kitoro']I pre-ordered the 3DS the day they went up way back, and when I went to pick it up, they had a list of people in order, and I wasn't on the list because I pre-ordered too early. :roll:

I had to bring a manager out and show them my receipt that I pre-ordered months before anyone on that list. Conveniently for them, they had plenty of extras, but would they have screwed me over, or bumped the last person off the list had they not?

I'm a bit wary to pre-order this early at my Best Buy for that reason, but what the hell; I'll stop by tomorrow and drop a Lincoln..

..that sounds gross...[/QUOTE]

Have you ever seen that episode of Seinfeld where he tries to rent a car and gets screwed over? It's like that; Gamestop knows how to take your $$ reservation, but they don't know how to hold onto it. I know from personal experience that they'll take as many pre-orders as they can sell irregardless of how many copies of the game/system they are getting. Whether they give priority to people who pre-order earlier is on a store by store basis, but from what I know of the corporate structure I'd bet 9 times out of 10 someone who pre-orders the day before release gets just as much priority as someone who pre-ordered a month ago. And my local store never sets aside more than half a shipment for pre-order, the rest always goes to whoever walks in and wants to buy a copy.

So yeah, don't preorder from Gamestop. Really hoping Amazon comes through for me.

Trading in my Wii with a few games, as well as my PS3 Slim with Move and a plethora of games. I'm hoping I end up close to the full amount needed for this console.

[quote name='trip1eX']

Now I was thinking that Amazon is readying a console of some sort. Digital-download only console. And that's why Nintendo isn't doing business with them.

[/QUOTE]
I don't see how Amazon could do this. Unless they made it a storefront for their PC download service, which would not work since a lot of Amazon PCDD stuff goes through Steam.
[quote name='Wanderlai']I'd keep an eye out at Amazon around 3:00 est this morning.[/QUOTE]
I will be up 5:45 tomorrow morning, hoping Amazon still has them if they did release tonight.

[quote name='JaylisJayP']By then the real next-gen consoles will be out and this thing will be a distant memory, just like Wii. Why waste even $100 at that point.[/QUOTE]

Bayoneta 2 bro kitten. Bayoneta 2

[quote name='SpartenOmega117']well they did announce Bayonetta 2. Everyone at Gaf is going nuts for that game.[/QUOTE]
Sorry but I'm going to be ROFL when it ends up being rated 10+ or T.

[quote name='rcerboss']Have you ever seen that episode of Seinfeld where he tries to rent a car and gets screwed over? It's like that; Gamestop knows how to take your $$ reservation, but they don't know how to hold onto it. I know from personal experience that they'll take as many pre-orders as they can sell irregardless of how many copies of the game/system they are getting. Whether they give priority to people who pre-order earlier is on a store by store basis, but from what I know of the corporate structure I'd bet 9 times out of 10 someone who pre-orders the day before release gets just as much priority as someone who pre-ordered a month ago.

So yeah, don't preorder from Gamestop. Really hoping Amazon comes through for me.[/QUOTE]
For the DS, and Wii I was waiting in line for at least 20-30 mins to make sure I was reasonable close to first in line. For the 3DS I got there and was like maybe 5-6th and I waited 2 hours for it. I never trust gamestop with any preorders.

I don't want to have to wait again. This time I want painless.

Kinda surprised, but 2 of the 8 or so Best Buys nearest me are already showing "unavailable" for pre-ordering the black system. This is in TN

[quote name='WyldRyce']Thanks for the heads up. I just called them and they just switched it out in their computers, so I'm good to go.[/QUOTE]

Next time you go in I would still ask for a printout of your active preorders. They just have to hit Alt-P when they see your preorder list.

I pre-ordered on Best Buy for in-store pick up. I told myself I would wait on this but I know if I do I will be mad I didn't pre-order. I will have to hold on to my Wii though since I gave my Gamecube away years back... I'm not going to have enough room for all my consoles. Might have to use my Wii like my Dreamcast and only hook it up when I want to play something

[quote name='Zazoo']Hmmm Interesting my local BBY wouldn't let me order under the test sku said they weren't allowed to do that. I did preorder one online for store pick up So I'll try again tomorrow to preorder in store as well.[/QUOTE]

I finally got a call back from the Sales Operator at my local and she said I'd be able to go in first thing tomorrow and preorder it. I called about the test SKU and she inquired with the Gaming Division for me. I deal with her a lot (she helps me out with in-store/preorder pickups) and she's never lied to me once in all my time going to that store, so I believe her.

I'll be there with bells on. :bouncy:

[quote name='cancerman1120']I will say I am pretty surprised at the HD sizes. So much for installing my games, digital releases, and having music and video on my WiiU. At least there is Bayonetta 2?[/QUOTE]

have you ever heard of these things called external hard drives?

Gunshy after the borderlands ULC fiasco, remember Wii availablity from the first year, gonna order from 3 stores. Maybe it'll sell out and crazy people will buy them for $700 on eBay like they did the wii

[quote name='predseth']Kinda surprised, but 2 of the 8 or so Best Buys nearest me are already showing "unavailable" for pre-ordering the black system. This is in TN[/QUOTE]

One BB a little ways away from me shows unavailable. I wonder if that store actually sold out of their preorders

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back