Not open for further replies.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
iconamazon.gif
Amazon
Consoles* Amazon did not take preorders, see note.
Games

iconbestbuy.gif
Best Buy
Consoles Both models sold out online & in store
Games

icongs_r1.gif
Gamestop
Games

icontoysrus_r1.gif
Toys R Us
Games

icontarget.gif
Target
Games

iconwalmart_r3.gif
Walmart
Consoles
Wii U Bundle Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Wii U Deluxe Sold out online & in store
Wii U Basic Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Games

Sears
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken

kmart.gif
Kmart
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in-store pre-orders were not taken

newegg.gif
Newegg
Deluxe Bundle Bundled with New Super Mario Bros U, Black Ops 2, and Zombi U-Out of Stock
Games

iconplayasia.gif
Play-Asia
Consoles/Games Reservation List Only for NTSC Basic & Deluxe models

Fry's Electronics
Consoles Both models sold out online
Games

Staples
Games

J&R
Consoles Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location.
Games

Nebraska Furniture Mart
Accessories
Games

:hot:Nintendo World Store
Consoles: Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location in NYC.

Notes:

• Newegg, as of now (Friday before launch) is selling the deluxe console as a bundle only. It is listed for immediate shipping, not as a pre-order.

• *Amazon email sent out to those who signed up for Wii U pre-order notification:
Dear Amazon.com Customer,

Thank for you signing up to be notified when the Wii U is available.
Unfortunately the Wii U console is not available at Amazon.com at this time but please check back in the future, as availability may change. We do have the latest Wii U games and accessories available now so check them out. Thank you for shopping with Amazon Video Games.
System Information

YWbCj.png

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Drclaw411']I don't get all the people complaining about the game lineup. Look at the early releases: New Super Mario Bros U, Pikmin 3, ZombiU, Bayonetta 2, Scribblenauts Unlimited. Not to mention Epic Mickey 2, Rayman Legends, Black Ops 2, Batman AC, Mass Effect 3, Aliens: Colonial Marines, Skylanders Giants.

This is one of the best, if not the best, launch/early lineups a console has ever seen. I don't get the hate at all.[/QUOTE]

It is not bad but best ever? I not sure what that would be but the release window is over 4 months not day 1. Plus Bayonetta 2 is not on that list, there is no release date. You listed 12 game and I believe 7 will be on Last gen systems. I am not trying to crap in people's coffee but expectations need to be reigned in I think. Those excited about Black Op2 need to ask exactly how good online MP is going to be when it launches.

[quote name='EdgeOfThorns']I havent totally kept up with all the ins and outs of the Wii U, my main question is the controller...are you supposed to be watching the controller or the tv? I mean thats such a silly question, but im not getting the setup...it just seems awkward and clunky.

Is it just for little stuff like maps or information in an rpg as stats etc?[/QUOTE]

The WiiPad is just a gimmick. You don't need it.

[quote name='cancerman1120']It is not bad but best ever? I not sure what that would be but the release window is over 4 months not day 1. Plus Bayonetta 2 is not on that list, there is no release date. You listed 12 game and I believe 7 will be on Last gen systems. I am not trying to crap in people's coffee but expectations need to be reigned in I think. Those excited about Black Op2 need to ask exactly how good online MP is going to be when it launches.[/QUOTE]
This was exactly what I was going to say. Most of those games we either have very little in the way of game play videos or are remakes of last gen games. I have no interest in paying $60 to play a game I got *basically* free just so I can tap on a screen while playing it. Give me a next gen zelda or metroid. Give me something I didn't know I wanted but must have. Right now, I don't see that game.

Ordered Deluxe from BB... had gift cards and reward points so that was my reason. Maybe I'll pre-order in store at GS tomorrow just to be sure.

There should be a poll:

Are you pre-ordering the Wii-U?

a) No, I have no interest [insert your most outrageous comment supporting your console of choice]

b) No, I am going to wait for a price drop [and/or better games]

c) Yes, because I genuinely believe that the Wii-U is an awesome piece of hardware [insert your favorite Nintendo fan-boy/girl comment here]

d) Yes, because I am going to SELL IT FOR PROFIT!!! [to suckers when there are none left in stock during the holidays]

And now I am actually kind of curious what the results of this poll would be...

So I I've got $185 in RZ points/GCs for Best Buy, but I also have another $193 coming back when I return my 3DS XL (poor judgment impulse buy; would rather use the money towards Wii U).

However, it looks like the Wii U 32gb pre-orders for in-store pick-up are selling out fast, and I can't wait until tomorrow to order.

So I applied my $185 in RZ/GC credit and placed an in-store pick-up order. Am I screwed out of applying my $193 GC I'll get back when I return my 3DS XL, or can I call customer support and have them apply it?

Thanks!

In for a deluxe for pickup from Best Buy. A lot of time off from work during late November and December, so messing with a new system should be fun. That and probably will be finished with Borderlands 2 Co-op by then. Here is to hoping ZombiU is released right before new years. I am so happy Nintendo finally joined the HDMI world.

Got this from email.

Your Request for Information on Wii U Availability

Unfortunately the Wii U console is not available at Amazon.com at this time but please check back in the future, as availability may change.
We do have the latest Wii U games and accessories available now so check them out.
Thank you for shopping with Amazon Video Games.

Amazon.com

I signed up on amazons site a few months back when they had the wii u page up and you could sign up to be notified when it was available.
I just got this email this morning from amazon.

s.gif
[FONT=verdana,arial,sans-serif] Dear Amazon.com Customer,

Unfortunately the Wii U console is not available at Amazon.com at this time but please check back in the future, as availability may change.

We do have the latest Wii U games and accessories available now so check them out.

[/FONT]

[quote name='Zen Rukasu']So, I would just like to know. How likely is it that Amazon will eventually start taking pre-orders?[/QUOTE]

Your guess is as good as ours, but they most likely will.
Just makes no sense you can preorder the software, yet the console itself is nowhere to be found..
Amazon is usually on top of this stuff. :cold:

[quote name='thisboywillbreak']Your guess is as good as ours, but they most likely will.
Just makes no sense you can preorder the software, yet the console itself is nowhere to be found..
Amazon is usually on top of this stuff. :cold:[/QUOTE]

Given that they no longer sell the Wii, DS/3DS/3DS XL (except through Marketplace sellers) - I wouldn't be so sure.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=484863

Order somewhere else and don't count on Amazon this round...

[quote name='jkam']I'm not a fanboy, I'm a longtime Nintendo fan that has reached his breaking point with them. Sorry for the intrusion, Carry on.[/QUOTE]

After getting royaly screwed with the 3ds, I'm going to pass. Heck its why Amazon no longer sells nintendo systems, and I don't blame them at all. I expect another ginormous price cut for the wiiU on par with what happened on the 3DS. Sure games might be coming eventually for this system, but nothing of interest within nintendo's generous "launch window" Honestly, I don't see the point of a WiiU when most of the games coming out on it are just other versions of 360 and PS3 multiplatform games, which by this point i'm sure 90% of other people own. This is simply a "Nintendo Tax" that must be paid to play first party nintendo games, which have honestly been pretty lacking as of late. Better off saving your money for the next generation of gaming systems coming out in a year or so, by most accounts.

Any places doing online preorders that pays and authorizes when it ships yet? As much as I don't want to do this I am almost half tempted to get my $25 down a GS if it wasn't full yet.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']Any places doing online preorders that pays and authorizes when it ships yet? As much as I don't want to do this I am almost half tempted to get my $25 down a GS if it wasn't full yet.[/QUOTE]

Gamestop.com doesn't authorize until shipment (apparently), but they also charge for shipping.

I just like Nintendo is including HDMI cable as the pack-in, instead of composite. Bold move by Nintendo. That's just not something I've seen most anybody else do. Most everyone else goes with composite. I mean, I understand why most go with composite as the pack-in, with composite connection being on most every TV, but still, in this day and age, when most households now have at least one HDTV, it's time. HDMI should be the pack-in. If someone really wants composite, they can be purchased on the cheap.

I preordered one from Best Buy online last night, then reading this thread, I went with local pickup. I just used different email addresses; same address and payment. Will Best Buy cancel both if the system determines that it's two from the same person? Want to have one preorder in case I decide to actually buy the system in November, two would be nice for the inevitability that someone I know is looking for the system as well but I'd rather not lose both.

[quote name='jyerby']I will NEVER forget the Xbox 360 Launch. I was the Store Manager of Gamestop 1595 in Trussville, AL -- a few miles outside Birmingham. We were the busiest store in the region. We took something to the effect of 120 pre-orders before GameStop told us to stop taking them. We were told repeatedly that the company was getting enough units and we were even encouraged to collect the full dollar amount of the system to simplify the check-out process for the masses on release night.

Then the news came a week prior to launch. We were getting 12 units. TWELVE. We had 120 orders, about 75ish were FULLY PAID. First thing I did was cancel my employees orders as well as my own. It went over like a lead balloon but it had to be done.

Then as store manager I had the wonderful job of calling the 108 people who had put all their hopes into us making their and their child's christmas and inform them that no, we will not have their unit. It was the worst thing I ever had to do. The company informed us that we would not be compensating them for this issue, since it wasnt our fault. Of course, I'm not going to say that. The company also wanted me to push people into turning their pre-order into a gift card which they could later use to buy a 360. Imagine giving that to a kid on Christmas.

Oh the real kicker: Tell them you can convert the order into a PSP purchase (the PSP had launched earlier in the year) -- GameStop's rationale: The PSP was also new technology therefore people hunting a 360 would want it too. Jeez.

Then of course people are showing up to get their money back and hoping to God they can find a unit elsewhere a week before launch. The problem? We dont start our day with a ton of cash to issue refunds with. After one or two $300-400 refunds, I'm tapped out until I collect more cash. Or they could wait 1-2 weeks for corporate to issue them a check.

It was awful. My customers hated me and I couldnt blame them.

I ended up camping at Walmart for 20 hours to get my launch 360. Good times.

Anyway, heres hoping that the Wii U launch isnt similar.

Edit: Keep in mind this was circa 2005. I havent worked for GameStop for a long, long time and I hear they have changed many procedures over that time. I'm quite sure they wouldnt let this happen again. Well, not entirely sure....[/QUOTE]

Another reason not to shop at Gamestop, lol. Just kidding. That really sucks though. I don't know how you did that. I wouldn't be able to do that. I remember I was running around like a mad man trying to find a console as well. I couldn't find one for the longest time. I was constantly go online to read specs and reviews so I would know which games I should buy and whatnot. I had to wait until my birthday (March the following year to get one.) I randomly checked a EB Games, and they had two Pro systems left right before close. I called my dad for some extra cash, and I was one happy gamer! Prior to that, my school hosted a thirteen hour game-a-thon so I played Call of Duty 2 LAN MP for hours along with Madden and Perfect Dark. I don't know if it's just me or whatever, but I'm glad I don't have to dish out money for a console for a long ass time. I bought a Vita beginning of the summer, and I love that thing. I know I'll be playing current gen games when the new systems come out unless they wow me. Full backwards compatibility etc. Time will tell.

[quote name='gkrykewy']Gamestop.com doesn't authorize until shipment (apparently), but they also charge for shipping.[/QUOTE]fuck that.

If Amazon does not carry it, imagine NewEgg will.

[quote name='Serious McMopy']I just like Nintendo is including HDMI cable as the pack-in, instead of composite. Bold move by Nintendo. That's just not something I've seen most anybody else do. Most everyone else goes with composite. I mean, I understand why most go with composite as the pack-in, with composite connection being on most every TV, but still, in this day and age, when most households now have at least one HDTV, it's time. HDMI should be the pack-in. If someone really wants composite, they can be purchased on the cheap.[/QUOTE]

I agree, although I think they should throw in composite cables as well just to satisfy everyone.

At any rate, has anyone heard any news about transferring VC/game saves from the Wii to Wii U yet? I know I read somewhere months ago that you would be able to do that but nothing since the announcement yesterday.

[quote name='xFatalFlaw']I agree, although I think they should throw in composite cables as well just to satisfy everyone.

At any rate, has anyone heard any news about transferring VC/game saves from the Wii to Wii U yet? I know I read somewhere months ago that you would be able to do that but nothing since the announcement yesterday.[/QUOTE]

You will be able to, but you need both consoles on wifi at the same time. Makes trading the Wii in toward it a problem. Hopefully they've fixed this ridiculous process for WiiU downloads.

[quote name='xFatalFlaw']I agree, although I think they should throw in composite cables as well just to satisfy everyone.

At any rate, has anyone heard any news about transferring VC/game saves from the Wii to Wii U yet? I know I read somewhere months ago that you would be able to do that but nothing since the announcement yesterday.[/QUOTE]

http://kotaku.com/5943144/hold-off-...u-want-to-be-able-to-keep-your-data?tag=wii-u :

Wii U owners can wirelessly transfer content such as Miis, and WiiWare and Virtual Console games to their Wii U systems. Both systems will need to be connected to the Internet and the Wii U will need an SD card to facilitate the transfer. The process is very similar to transferring content from Nintendo DS to Nintendo 3DS or from Nintendo 3DS to Nintendo 3DS XL

just placed an orderonline for store pick up at best buy. Do you think is that ok or I should just preorder in store instead of online for store pick up?

Ordered off Gamestop.com for now. If Amazon or Newegg gets it in, then I will go there.

Came to $386 shipped which is ouch, but then again it will allow me to watch netflix and play console games at the same time so all is well. :D

[quote name='Smashbro29']So I did this. It's still not being sold. Help?[/QUOTE]

Amazon does not sell any hardware made by nintendo.

I had been signed up to be emailed when pre-orders were open on the Wii U way back on Amazon. For those waiting for an Amazon pre-order for a Wii U (like I was), I got this note from them today.

i disagree this an HD console....play it on an HD TV and if you really are a somewhat half way serious gamer you should have some kind of HD TV by now.

i dont know why anyone would buy this and play it on an SD TV. the HDMI pack in is also a lot cheaper(seeing as the cords are 2 or 3 dollars) component cables are little more all over the map in pricing.

but still HD console needs an HD TV. i support this ballsy move by nintendo that says our console is HD and to hell with SD

yea i am curious how the data transfer will work.

[quote name='Smashbro29']So I did this. It's still not being sold. Help?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it was just a guess since Amazon likes to throw things up at that time. IDK, you may have to get to a GS, TrU, or BB. WM and Target should do preorders at some time. Same with NewEgg and eventually Amazon.

[quote name='bossman']Preordered mine at GameStop earlier as well. Makes me kinda of worried because employee said the company was only getting a total of 5,000 units at launch.[/QUOTE]
They have no way of knowing their launch allocation, you were lied to to insure that you preorder as their job relies on collecting preorders, subscriptions and warranty's. I used to run a Gamestop, this is what they do, they ALWAYS exaggerate, i mean, 5000? There are a few THOUSAND gamestops in NA, so each store will have only 1-2 systems at launch? This is very, very unlikely. IT is worth the preorder for sure, just dont let them take advantage of you in the future..... I only preorder if I want the bonus dlc, which amazon usually offers a better deal on most of the time.....;)

[quote name='Davivascaino']just placed an orderonline for store pick up at best buy. Do you think is that ok or I should just preorder in store instead of online for store pick up?[/QUOTE]

Anyone?

[quote name='Serious McMopy']I just like Nintendo is including HDMI cable as the pack-in, instead of composite. Bold move by Nintendo. That's just not something I've seen most anybody else do. Most everyone else goes with composite. I mean, I understand why most go with composite as the pack-in, with composite connection being on most every TV, but still, in this day and age, when most households now have at least one HDTV, it's time. HDMI should be the pack-in. If someone really wants composite, they can be purchased on the cheap.[/QUOTE]

MS used to always put component cables in the system until about 2009 or 2010 (was it when they introduced the Slim?) Thought it was always a huge joke with Sony touting everything the system did then putting a composite cable in the box, and they charge more for a shorter HDMI cable (Sony's HDMI cable is $30 for 6.5 feet while GS's is $20 for 10 feet- yes I know monoprice.com just using that example for argument's sake.)

How hard is it to cancel an online order at bestbuy.com? If newegg or amazon put it up, I will definitely switch to them as I don't pay tax, but then I'll need to cancel at best buy.

Never mind. I'm going to wait for newegg or amazon to get it. If they don't, they don't. With tax the Deluxe is $371. I'm balking at that tax. :) Plus if at amazon I get more points for my money. So hopefully Amazon has a change of heart.

I still use my HDMI cable from one of the Xbox Elites I bought way back when. Good sturdy cable. ;)

I also have a rocketfish or something, which I got from my mom. Cost me a grand total of 2.50 from BB. :p

[quote name='Davivascaino']Anyone?[/QUOTE]

IMO, your safer to keep your online in store pickup order. They should pull it when they come in and put your order copy on it. You should be good either way though. A regular in store preorder means you'll go in that day to claim yours but shady stuff can happen.

[quote name='portnoyd']I preordered one from Best Buy online last night, then reading this thread, I went with local pickup. I just used different email addresses; same address and payment. Will Best Buy cancel both if the system determines that it's two from the same person? Want to have one preorder in case I decide to actually buy the system in November, two would be nice for the inevitability that someone I know is looking for the system as well but I'd rather not lose both.[/QUOTE]

Am I missing something? I dont' see a 1 per person limit.

[quote name='Davivascaino']Damn it, after I placed my order online for sure pick-up at my local best buy, they now sold out.that was quick, thanks God I got mine[/QUOTE]

at least there appears to be control on quantities then which is good so stores dont 5465445 preorders and dont fulfill them

i really wasn't going to buy at launch but with a mario title at launch i had to.

ordered a deluxe edition, whats $50 more bucks when it includeds a game and bigger size 32 > 8 and its black

[quote name='Yigytugd']In for a deluxe console and another one to resell. I can tell this is going to be like the PS3, Wii, and 360 where limited copies are out and won't be back in stock till after the holidays. I'm sure, like those consoles, I will get $1000+ for the console. Might use that money to buy some more Christmas gifts.[/QUOTE]

Beyond the Wii and the 360 I dont recall the PS3 making anyone a $1000 I hear that but had a few consoles with my buddy and he made no where near that amount on ebay.

Good lukc with the $1000 profit however. You might have a run against the furbys. ha.

If BB is selling through their alloted preorders without really any headsup to regular folks then this thing is going to be scarce this holiday season. GS worries me even though I have a preorder for in store pickup with them. I just don't want to pay it all upfront now by preordering online with BB for in-store pickup since I just users debit card.

You think that's something, I was a 16 year old kid working part time as a salesman at a large local game store when the Colecovision launched. We had collected money in advance as well, and promised to deliver systems before Christmas. Well, for a variety of reasons (maybe weather, I don't recall), it ended up that the systems were stuck at a distributor somewhere in Pennsylvania... So the store manager rented a Ryder truck to go get them on like Dec. 23. He has a flat tire and other mishaps, so we have a store full of people late at night (No one was doing midnight launches in 1982), and they were starting to get rowdy and irritated thinking we were stringing them along and that we really couldn't get the systems. Now think about it... why would we do that?! Anyway, only 1 angry guy demanded his money back and left, but the truck rolled in about midnight and people got their systems. (So maybe this was the first midnight launch... :lol:)

[quote name='jyerby']I will NEVER forget the Xbox 360 Launch. I was the Store Manager of Gamestop 1595 in Trussville, AL -- a few miles outside Birmingham. We were the busiest store in the region. We took something to the effect of 120 pre-orders before GameStop told us to stop taking them. We were told repeatedly that the company was getting enough units and we were even encouraged to collect the full dollar amount of the system to simplify the check-out process for the masses on release night.

Then the news came a week prior to launch. We were getting 12 units. TWELVE. We had 120 orders, about 75ish were FULLY PAID. First thing I did was cancel my employees orders as well as my own. It went over like a lead balloon but it had to be done.

Then as store manager I had the wonderful job of calling the 108 people who had put all their hopes into us making their and their child's christmas and inform them that no, we will not have their unit. It was the worst thing I ever had to do. The company informed us that we would not be compensating them for this issue, since it wasnt our fault. Of course, I'm not going to say that. The company also wanted me to push people into turning their pre-order into a gift card which they could later use to buy a 360. Imagine giving that to a kid on Christmas.

Oh the real kicker: Tell them you can convert the order into a PSP purchase (the PSP had launched earlier in the year) -- GameStop's rationale: The PSP was also new technology therefore people hunting a 360 would want it too. Jeez.

Then of course people are showing up to get their money back and hoping to God they can find a unit elsewhere a week before launch. The problem? We dont start our day with a ton of cash to issue refunds with. After one or two $300-400 refunds, I'm tapped out until I collect more cash. Or they could wait 1-2 weeks for corporate to issue them a check.

It was awful. My customers hated me and I couldnt blame them.

I ended up camping at Walmart for 20 hours to get my launch 360. Good times.

Anyway, heres hoping that the Wii U launch isnt similar.

Edit: Keep in mind this was circa 2005. I havent worked for GameStop for a long, long time and I hear they have changed many procedures over that time. I'm quite sure they wouldnt let this happen again. Well, not entirely sure....[/QUOTE]

[quote name='soonersfan60']You think that's something, I was a 16 year old kid working part time as a salesman at a large local game store when the Colecovision launched. We had collected money in advance as well, and promised to deliver systems before Christmas. Well, for a variety of reasons (maybe weather, I don't recall), it ended up that the systems were stuck at a distributor somewhere in Pennsylvania... So the store manager rented a Ryder truck to go get them on like Dec. 23. He has a flat tire and other mishaps, so we have a store full of people late at night (No one was doing midnight launches in 1982), and they were starting to get rowdy and irritated thinking we were stringing them along and that we really couldn't get the systems. Now think about it... why would we do that?! Anyway, only 1 angry guy demanded his money back and left, but the truck rolled in about midnight and people got their systems. (So maybe this was the first midnight launch... :lol:)[/QUOTE]

All those poor people and wasting their money on Colecovision... That guy that wanted his money back was a smart man, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back