Not open for further replies.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
iconamazon.gif
Amazon
Consoles* Amazon did not take preorders, see note.
Games

iconbestbuy.gif
Best Buy
Consoles Both models sold out online & in store
Games

icongs_r1.gif
Gamestop
Games

icontoysrus_r1.gif
Toys R Us
Games

icontarget.gif
Target
Games

iconwalmart_r3.gif
Walmart
Consoles
Wii U Bundle Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Wii U Deluxe Sold out online & in store
Wii U Basic Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Games

Sears
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken

kmart.gif
Kmart
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in-store pre-orders were not taken

newegg.gif
Newegg
Deluxe Bundle Bundled with New Super Mario Bros U, Black Ops 2, and Zombi U-Out of Stock
Games

iconplayasia.gif
Play-Asia
Consoles/Games Reservation List Only for NTSC Basic & Deluxe models

Fry's Electronics
Consoles Both models sold out online
Games

Staples
Games

J&R
Consoles Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location.
Games

Nebraska Furniture Mart
Accessories
Games

:hot:Nintendo World Store
Consoles: Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location in NYC.

Notes:

• Newegg, as of now (Friday before launch) is selling the deluxe console as a bundle only. It is listed for immediate shipping, not as a pre-order.

• *Amazon email sent out to those who signed up for Wii U pre-order notification:
Dear Amazon.com Customer,

Thank for you signing up to be notified when the Wii U is available.
Unfortunately the Wii U console is not available at Amazon.com at this time but please check back in the future, as availability may change. We do have the latest Wii U games and accessories available now so check them out. Thank you for shopping with Amazon Video Games.
System Information

YWbCj.png

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Kitoro']Says who? It's not like they just found out about the pricing and release date yesterday like we did. They've known this for awhile and have had time to prepare their site, systems, and allotment well beforehand like every other retailer.[/QUOTE]
I ran a Gamestop as a SM during the launches of DS, PSP, 360, PS3, and Wii, they need time to gather pre-orders and then they will give Nintendo the numbers they need.....
Gamestop will find out EXACTLY how many wii u's they are going to have for launch in the middle of October. Im sure they have a place holder number for now, but how can they know their full allotment for launch day now when the system actually just went in to production recently? :roll:

[quote name='foster1887']If anybody has a chase freedom card and plan to pick this up at Best Buy, they will be offering 5% cash back next quarter.[/QUOTE]

So I'd have to basically wait for October to place a pre-order at best buy? Or actually I can pre-order now, 5 bucks, then pay for the system in full the month of November when it's released and get 5% cash back? I'm guessing that would work.

[quote name='crunchewy']I sincerely hope that all the resellers lose their shirts. On the other hand I want to see the system succeed, and if they lose their shirts that means the system isn't selling. Darn. On the other hand that might mean a price drop, so yeah, lose your shirts! ;)[/QUOTE]

LOL no harm done. I plan to pay my school tuition with it. If I can grab 2 factory unlocked iPhones at the beginning of October, I will be set for Christmas and next semester.

[quote name='crunchewy']I sincerely hope that all the resellers lose their shirts. On the other hand I want to see the system succeed, and if they lose their shirts that means the system isn't selling. Darn. On the other hand that might mean a price drop, so yeah, lose your shirts! ;)[/QUOTE]

How can a reseller lose their shirt? Worst case scenario there is enough supply for demand and resellers just have to return stock to the store, that's what happened with the PS3. So if gas to the store and the five mins in line to return it is "losing ones shirt" then I think the reward far outweighs the risk.

[quote name='Slight Defect']Says who? They do not know how many consoles they are getting yet on a store level......
Anything at this point is pure conjecture. I may strongly dislike Gamestop and their practices, but they are the largest videogame retailer in North America, you can be damn sure they will get the most Wii U's available.......[/QUOTE]

My local gamestop already stopped with the pre-orders...

[quote name='poker360']Once again, Amazon does not sell nintendo hardware.[/QUOTE]

Not currently, at least. Amazon UK does. Nintendo also lists Amazon as a retailer for the system on their official Wii U site, so it might only be a matter of time before the US Amazon lists it.

[quote name='Serpentor']35 pages already? Damn... Anyhow, has this question being discussed? Wii U's online functionality... Will it be something like XBL or PSN? You know, easy to add friends and chat, comparing achievements/trophies etc. Oh, how about paying services, like XBL gold and PSN+?[/QUOTE]

Edit: More useful/relevant information (NintendoLife):

Nintendo Network Premium was confirmed during the Japanese unveiling as a pack-in with the premium console, which provides 10% discount on download software for two years after launch: details on whether the discount has limitations will no doubt emerge as the day progresses.
Nintendo Network is Nintendo's new online service, which is similar to the services offered by Microsoft and Sony on their Xbox 360 and PlayStation consoles.
It has been confirmed that the Wii U is account-based, allowing different people to sign into a single Wii U console and access content exclusive to them. One Wii U console will be able to support up to 12 different accounts.
For downloadable content, the Wii U will have its own eShop, and as is the case with first-party titles on the 3DS, users will be able to download full retail games on their respective launch dates.
Nintendo has also confirmed the Nintendo Network Premium account, which is included with the Premium bundle of the console. This appears to offer discounts on downloads, and lasts for a two-year term before it needs to be renewed.

Gamestop done with pre-orders today (rumor):

“The local Gamestop folks seem pretty reliable. They told me back in June/July to expect Wii U pre-orders in early September and were only off by a week on their guesstimate. I was very surprised to hear that they may stop offering black Wii U pre-orders today. I was told it wasn’t even a matter of one store being able to keep going until they hit a certain amount, that it was more of a nationwide cap. Weird, huh?”
Nintendo Everything reader Andy Holland is telling us that his local GameStop is already selling out of Wii U Deluxe Set pre-orders. The manager of his store indicated that this is affecting the company as a whole.
“I just got back from my local Gamestop where I was told by its manager they are expected, as a company nationwide, to sell out of black Wii U pre-orders TODAY. If you’re interested in picking one up at your local store try to get in ASAP.”
I’ve never actually heard out of retailers selling out of pre-orders, especially one day after they become available. But Reggie did say that pre-orders have been very strong thus far… it’s always possible.

http://nintendoeverything.com/99183...y-selling-out-of-wii-u-deluxe-set-pre-orders/

[quote name='Slight Defect']Says who? They do not know how many consoles they are getting yet on a store level......
Anything at this point is pure conjecture. I may strongly dislike Gamestop and their practices, but they are the largest videogame retailer in North America, you can be damn sure they will get the most Wii U's available.......[/QUOTE]

One of my local stores said they'd stop taking pre-orders by Sunday.

[quote name='Serpentor']35 pages already? Damn... Anyhow, has this question being discussed? Wii U's online functionality... Will it be something like XBL or PSN? You know, easy to add friends and chat, comparing achievements/trophies etc. Oh, how about paying services, like XBL gold and PSN+?[/QUOTE]

Rumor has it that "accomplishments" are not system wide, "friends codes" will still exist, basically the Wii-U online experience is supposed to mirror that of the 3DS.

[quote name='foster1887']If anybody has a chase freedom card and plan to pick this up at Best Buy, they will be offering 5% cash back next quarter.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='TheOpusFuller']So I'd have to basically wait for October to place a pre-order at best buy? Or actually I can pre-order now, 5 bucks, then pay for the system in full the month of November when it's released and get 5% cash back? I'm guessing that would work.[/QUOTE]

If you have a Discover card, you can log in and shop via shopdiscover and get 5% back as well even if you order today.

***************FOR THE RECORD EVERYONE********************
Just got off the phone with my buddy I used to work with at Gamestop, he is the SM now in the store I used to run. Anyways, there is no communication in anyway for them to stop taking Wii U preorders OR to only take a certain number.......

In fact, as of this Monday, the money down is changing from $25 to $50.........
So, if your interested, go preorder NOW and dont wait for Monday, not that it really matters, you dont lose the money, but id like to put that extra $25 to work for me now. Good luck CAGS!

[quote name='spawn33']My local gamestop already stopped with the pre-orders...[/QUOTE]

In my area, Best Buy is already stopping taking pre-orders at the stores. I live in Miami. Either resellers are buying it all, or parents are being cautious. yeah right..

[quote name='Thrinn']Not currently, at least. Amazon UK does. Nintendo also lists Amazon as a retailer for the system on their official Wii U site, so it might only be a matter of time before the US Amazon lists it.[/QUOTE]

It's been like that for quite some time... Pretty much after the issues they had with the 3DS bottom screen scratching the upper screen, they quit carrying Wii, 3DS, DS , DSi, DSiXL, and they have yet to list the 3DS XL.... So yeah.

[quote name='Romeo']And I know exactly why from a source inside: it some purposely to artificially inflate demand, to make it appear a 'hot item'.[/QUOTE]
Precisley. The buzz on the Wii U isn't even out yet, we know, of course, cause its our hobby. But we are such a small part of the install base they expect to sell to, case in point: The Wii launch and the tons and tons of casual buyers that got it that first holiday. Nintendo expects to sell it to them the same way, whether that will work or not, we'll see :D

[quote name='Kekthar']I gave in and went to gamestop. After reading about all the nintendo amazon drama I'm kind of doubting that they'll take any preorders until closer to launch.[/QUOTE]

Just to be on the safe side before they cut the pre-orders off, I went into my local Gamestop on my lunch break today and pre-ordered as well. Deluxe set or bust!

My local gamestop just confirmed they are cutting off preorders for the 32gb Black Wii U this afternoon.

This is surprising because I preordered a 32gb a few hours ago and they didn't mention it. Looks like they are playing stupid unless someone asks them directly if the 32gb won't be available so they can sucker them into getting an 8gb once they get into the store.

I'm sensing the same exact situation with the Wii all over again. In any case, happy about impulsively preordering one at lunch today.

I'm on the fence regarding pre-ordering a second Wii U (I already plunked down $25 for a Premium system yesterday). Me and my wife were addicted to Monster Hunter Tri previously & played multiplayer online with friends. I was really hoping that one of us could play on the 3DS online, but Capcom shot that down with the quickness. I just want to know that I will be able to get my hands on a second system when Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate rolls around. Needless to say, I might be dropping $700 on 2 Wii U's at launch *lays offering at Capcom's & Nintendo's altar*

[quote name='chunlirocks']Are there any must play launch games ???
[/QUOTE]

For most people it seems, no, but I think you have to gauge that yourself?

Confirmed Launch Day Titles:
New Super Mario Bros. U
Nintendo Land
ZombiU
Rayman Legends
FIFA 13
Darksiders 2

Might be worth noting that Europe is getting ME3 and Black Ops 2.

I'd list the entire launch window but that could get old, so here:
NintendoLife Launch Window Article

[quote name='Romeo']And I know exactly why from a source inside: it some purposely to artificially inflate demand, to make it appear a 'hot item'.[/QUOTE]

Conspiracy theory much? Most Best Buys are done with store pickups after less than a day. The system is in high demand, people don't need to be tricked into thinking that.

:beer:[/QUOTE]

Maybe "New Super Mario Bros U" some might say "ZombieU" or "Nintendo Land" but wow are they milking the Mario titles to the point they don't generate any buzz for release any more. And ZombieU and Nintendo Land look boring to me. Everything else is a rerelease that has been out for a year or so or can be had on other consoles.

[quote name='RiPPn']Maybe "New Super Mario Bros U" some might say "ZombieU" or "Nintendo Land" but wow are they milking the Mario titles to the point they don't generate any buzz for release any more. And ZombieU and Nintendo Land look boring to me. Everything else is a rerelease that has been out for a year or so or can be had on other consoles.[/QUOTE]

Is Rayman Legends new ?

[quote name='mpaullin']Conspiracy theory much? Most Best Buys are done with store pickups after less than a day. The system is in high demand, people don't need to be tricked into thinking that.[/QUOTE]

If I posted a theory I would say so. I posted a fact, end of story.

I was told on Wednesday that preorders would be closed either Friday or Saturday no matter how many systems were reserved. A GameStop near me had only 20 total reserves for it as of last night.

[quote name='gmoneyftw']My local gamestop just confirmed they are cutting off preorders for the 32gb Black Wii U this afternoon.
[/QUOTE]

That's exactly what my local Gamestop told me when I called them, which is why I took my lunch a little earlier today and stopped by to handle it asap.

[quote name='Romeo']If I posted a theory I would say so. I posted a fact, end of story.

I was told on Wednesday that preorders would be closed either Friday or Saturday no matter how many systems were reserved. A GameStop near me had only 20 total reserves for it as of last night.[/QUOTE]

Please post your source so this "fact" can be investigated. There is no way Gamestop or any other retailer would be cutting off pre-orders two days in if they didn't have some real sense that their supply would be limited. Gamestop doesn't sell on Ebay or otherwise benefit from a short supply. Also, there are tons of people here who have preordered multiple units and this is just one tiny web community in a country of 300+ million people. So, forgive me if I discount your source as some anti-Nintendo fanboy. While this thing might not move Wii numbers, it will move units and there are millions of gamers and families that buy pretty much anything Nintendo puts out.

[quote name='bojay1997']Please post your source so this "fact" can be investigated. There is no way Gamestop or any other retailer would be cutting off pre-orders two days in if they didn't have some real sense that their supply would be limited. Gamestop doesn't sell on Ebay or otherwise benefit from a short supply. Also, there are tons of people here who have preordered multiple units and this is just one tiny web community in a country of 300+ million people. So, forgive me if I discount your source as some anti-Nintendo fanboy. While this thing might not move Wii numbers, it will move units and there are millions of gamers and families that buy pretty much anything Nintendo puts out.[/QUOTE]

Most Best Buy stores are no longer taking pre-orders for the deluxe system. Check the website. I'm sure many Gamestop stores are in the same boat.

Every store in my area went to Unavailable a couple hours ago. Just want to confirm, but have people been able to go into a BB store that is showing "Unavailable" for in-store pickup and still put $5 down today?

I was going to go with Target since I have a $100 gift card there, but you have to spend like $9 shipping to even get it on release date.
No in store pick up blows.

[quote name='leopaw']Most Best Buy stores are no longer taking pre-orders for the deluxe system. Check the website. I'm sure many Gamestop stores are in the same boat.[/QUOTE]

You missed the point. The other poster was claiming that supply wasn't really limited and was being artificially restricted. I know demand is huge and bigger than retailers assumed based on just visiting Best Buy and Gamestop yesterday at lunch. People are preordering like crazy. Maybe they're all flippers, but there is real demand out there right now.

[quote name='winterlane']Every store in my area went to Unavailable a couple hours ago. Just want to confirm, but have people been able to go into a BB store that is showing "Unavailable" for in-store pickup and still put $5 down today?[/QUOTE]
I was informed by a Best Buy manager that his store was only allowed to do a maximum of 5 in store pick-up/pre-orders for each sku.

[quote name='winterlane']Every store in my area went to Unavailable a couple hours ago. Just want to confirm, but have people been able to go into a BB store that is showing "Unavailable" for in-store pickup and still put $5 down today?[/QUOTE]

Yeah. Did that today. Online my stuff isn't available for in-store pickup but I had no problems at the kiosk.

[quote name='UberNinjaz']Waiting for Amazon to list the console itself already.[/QUOTE]

From what I've read here, they will not be doing so.
Amazon no longer sells Nintendo hardware directly.
So if they do add it, expect it to be a third party, which means the price will be inflated.

[quote name='bojay1997']Please post your source so this "fact" can be investigated. There is no way Gamestop or any other retailer would be cutting off pre-orders two days in if they didn't have some real sense that their supply would be limited. Gamestop doesn't sell on Ebay or otherwise benefit from a short supply. Also, there are tons of people here who have preordered multiple units and this is just one tiny web community in a country of 300+ million people. So, forgive me if I discount your source as some anti-Nintendo fanboy. While this thing might not move Wii numbers, it will move units and there are millions of gamers and families that buy pretty much anything Nintendo puts out.[/QUOTE]

I'm not going to post my sources at all. Take my ten years membership here as you wish. I have no reason to lie, there's nothing to gain.

Why would you resort to name calling and using "fanboy" remarks? I've owned and own many Nintendo systems. I have nothing to prove to you.

[quote name='UberNinjaz']Waiting for Amazon to list the console itself already.[/QUOTE]

You might want to read back through the thread a bit, or check the first post, i think it's been updated. Sounds like Amazon will not be pre-ordering any time soon if they carry it at all. Some sort of feud with Nintendo right now and they are not carrying and Ninty hardware.

Btw, does it make anyone else nervous that the Kmart and Sears listings say "Deluxe" but show the white one? Never tried trusting those stores for something like this before, but I'm guessing they'll get less of a rush so it might be a chance for a pre-order to actually go through.

I could and did. Showed up in the touch screen in Gaming. Still thinking that it's not going to be there when I go, but hey, why not try it?

[quote name='speedracer216']Btw, does it make anyone else nervous that the Kmart and Sears listings say "Deluxe" but show the white one? Never tried trusting those stores for something like this before, but I'm guessing they'll get less of a rush so it might be a chance for a pre-order to actually go through.[/QUOTE]

I would never trust sears or kmart with any pre orders that I cared about. All the horror stories I heard from hear and slickdelals I would never pre order from them.

:beer:[/QUOTE]

Nope. But 37 pages of rumors and giddy fanboys will have you thinking otherwise.
A new Mario game (yawn, after about 5 in a 3 year span). Zombi-u, and Rayman (the new one). Aside from that, all other titles from now until the Holiday season are nothing but rehashes. Which you can either pay $60.00 for the Wii-u version, or find the ps3 or 360 versions for anywhere between $15-$30.
This is old technology, and the crazy 37 pages on this thread just makes me shake my head.:roll:

[quote name='dragonjud']Nope. But 37 pages of rumors and giddy fanboys will have you thinking otherwise.
A new Mario game (yawn, after about 5 in a 3 year span). Zombi-u, and Rayman (the new one). Aside from that, all other titles from now until the Holiday season are nothing but rehashes. Which you can either pay $60.00 for the Wii-u version, or find the ps3 or 360 versions for anywhere between $15-$30.
This is old technology, and the crazy 37 pages on this thread just makes me shake my head.:roll:[/QUOTE]

One word, Nintendo.

[quote name='Eggplant_Wizard']Preordered the deluxe version at the local GS for $25. Said they were probably going to stop taking preorders after today.[/QUOTE]
Yup my gamestop said the same thing, best buy is still up though

do you guys think this will flip by like maybe $50 dollars or more? That might be the only reason I might pre-order this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back