Not open for further replies.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
iconamazon.gif
Amazon
Consoles* Amazon did not take preorders, see note.
Games

iconbestbuy.gif
Best Buy
Consoles Both models sold out online & in store
Games

icongs_r1.gif
Gamestop
Games

icontoysrus_r1.gif
Toys R Us
Games

icontarget.gif
Target
Games

iconwalmart_r3.gif
Walmart
Consoles
Wii U Bundle Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Wii U Deluxe Sold out online & in store
Wii U Basic Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Games

Sears
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken

kmart.gif
Kmart
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in-store pre-orders were not taken

newegg.gif
Newegg
Deluxe Bundle Bundled with New Super Mario Bros U, Black Ops 2, and Zombi U-Out of Stock
Games

iconplayasia.gif
Play-Asia
Consoles/Games Reservation List Only for NTSC Basic & Deluxe models

Fry's Electronics
Consoles Both models sold out online
Games

Staples
Games

J&R
Consoles Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location.
Games

Nebraska Furniture Mart
Accessories
Games

:hot:Nintendo World Store
Consoles: Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location in NYC.

Notes:

• Newegg, as of now (Friday before launch) is selling the deluxe console as a bundle only. It is listed for immediate shipping, not as a pre-order.

• *Amazon email sent out to those who signed up for Wii U pre-order notification:
Dear Amazon.com Customer,

Thank for you signing up to be notified when the Wii U is available.
Unfortunately the Wii U console is not available at Amazon.com at this time but please check back in the future, as availability may change. We do have the latest Wii U games and accessories available now so check them out. Thank you for shopping with Amazon Video Games.
System Information

YWbCj.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm 8th in line at my local Gamestop, but I don't know if I should preorder at another retailer just in case. Was looking at Target.com, but I don't know... I'm kind of pressing for funds until I find a job.

[quote name='yokofox33']Was looking at Target.com, but I don't know... I'm kind of pressing for funds until I find a job.[/QUOTE]

Nothing on Target.com at the moment

[quote name='yokofox33']I'm 8th in line at my local Gamestop, but I don't know if I should preorder at another retailer just in case. Was looking at Target.com, but I don't know... I'm kind of pressing for funds until I find a job.[/QUOTE]

how did you find what number in line you are? did you just ask or did it show it on your receipt???

[quote name='yokofox33']That settles that dilemma then![/QUOTE]

Actually Target still shows the basic model and I can add to cart. Didn't try going any further than that though.

i want to order an extra just to flip, do you think the walmart deluxe bundle is a decent deal at $501.10 after taxes and shipping? I could always return it if it doesn't get that much

[quote name='gnargnargnar'] Anyone else wishing the deluxe came in white as well? Gloss black controller and fingerprints is going to make my OCD kick in. I have went out of my way to avoid gloss black handheld electronics for years due to this (importing a ceramic white v1 PSP, my DSlite was white, my iphone is white).

My other concern with anything packing a LCD screen on it is dead pixels. Even one will drive me crazy, so here's hoping the quality control is strict on such things.[/QUOTE]

While I don't wish the deluxe came in white I do wish it wasnt gloss black drives me crazy!.

Gamestop has the Nerf Kit for the Gamepad for pre order. I may pick one of these up to help with the finger print problem plus I won't be so nervous about my nieces and nephews playing with the Gamepad

http://www.gamestop.com/wii-u/accessories/wii-u-nerf-armor-starter-kit/103908

[quote name='SpartenOmega117']
My justification-
The wii u controller- $80- Whenever Nintendo does decide to release it standalone i highly doubt it's going to be $60 like 360 and ps3 controllers are now ($50 MSRP for wiimote). It has a touch screen and camera built into it. Although it may be cheap to make I doubt Nintendo will sell it for anything less than $80. They will probably actually sell it for $99.
So that's $80 of the value right there.

[/QUOTE]

The Gamepads when available to buy seperately are going to be quite expensive. In Japan they will be about $170 bucks and I dont' see them as being less than $100 any time in the near future

http://www.gamesradar.com/wii-u-gamepad-and-software-pricing-revealed-former-eye-poppingly-hefty/

[quote name='confoosious']

---

You guys are killing me here. I figured the WiiU wouldn't be one of those items I'd have to preorder but now I'm not so sure. I wonder though if a majority of the preorders are speculators because of the last wii craze.[/QUOTE]

I'm sure quite a bit of them are especially seeing how easy it is to preorder, no real time to be involved. Though I still think they will be hard to find even if all the horders don't pick up there consoles

[quote name='The Keyboard Wizard']Is TRU known to cancel orders? I just pre ordered the deluxe edition, but I am apprehensive about my order actually being fulfilled.[/QUOTE]

They shouldn't cancel it but I would be prepared for the back ordered email they will send out to tons of people. You will then have the option to let it sit on back order or cancel the order all together.

Just as a side note you can't return any item you buy online through TRU to a store and receive your money back, they will only give you store credit. You have to ship it back to them at your cost to get cash back

[quote name='jer7583']
I almost kind of like the camping out to buy a system at launch thing. I did it for the Wii and the PS2. I'm kind of a nut about system launches also, I just love them for some reason. I hope ZombiU is really good.[/QUOTE]

If you have a good group of people camping out for a console launch it can be a lot of fun. I remember camping out at Circuit City for the Xbox 360 it was so fun. There were 15 of us in line, we knew how many they had so no one stayed long after finding out they were all claimed. No Midnight launch however some friends of people in line went to A Best Buy that had a midnight launch and brought the xbox 360 over. So from 1 am till 8am we were sitting out in the cold with camp chairs, coffee/Hot chocolate Playing the new Xbox, It was a blast!

[quote name='medman6107']i want to order an extra just to flip, do you think the walmart deluxe bundle is a decent deal at $501.10 after taxes and shipping? I could always return it if it doesn't get that much[/QUOTE]

You shouldnt buy an extra at all if you just want to flip it.

[quote name='SpartenOmega117']and you used paypal correct? nothing showing on there either?[/QUOTE]I dont have a balance in my paypal but it shows there as processing

So the wiiu bundle at wal-mart has this in bold letters
Wii U console will ship on 11/18/2012

Then on the side it states this in smaller font:
Preorder this item today and it should ship on 12/31/2012

which one to trust?

any thoughts?

[quote name='SpartenOmega117']how did you find what number in line you are? did you just ask or did it show it on your receipt???[/QUOTE]

Guy just told me I was the 8th person to preorder a deluxe system that day. I just assume I'm 8th in line.

[quote name='medman6107']So the wiiu bundle at wal-mart has this in bold letters
Wii U console will ship on 11/18/2012

Then on the side it states this in smaller font:
Preorder this item today and it should ship on 12/31/2012

which one to trust?

any thoughts?[/QUOTE]
It's probably just the old placeholder date all the sites were using back when we all only knew it was coming out Holiday 2012

In before the disappointment.

My dusty Wii says hi. I think I might have played 4 titles on it since launch.

Vita disappointment didn't set in until a couple months after launch when realization nothing was coming.

I got my 3DS with ambassador games upon price drop announcement. I will wait this one out since it is Mario and ??? for months (since that is all that is first party announced worthwhile).

[quote name='lordopus99']In before the disappointment.

My dusty Wii says hi. I think I might have played 4 titles on it since launch.

Vita disappointment didn't set in until a couple months after launch when realization nothing was coming.

I got my 3DS with ambassador games upon price drop announcement. I will wait this one out since it is Mario and ??? for months (since that is all that is first party announced worthwhile).[/QUOTE]

Pikmin 3, as far as first party.

[quote name='blinknot4']Why?

*Edit -- Keep in mind, there is no guarantee that I'll even make a single penny profit. These could be more common than gallons of milk come Xmas time.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Thrinn']I really doubt that.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='blinknot4']I know. I'm just easing his hate.[/QUOTE]

Look, you're totally allowed to do whatever you want, and I understand the idea and strategy behind what you're doing. But it's not fair to people like me that want one day one and were holding out hope for Amazon on the first couple of days. Now I'm possibly screwed out of getting one right away b/c of people like you that have to buy multiple to try and make a profit off of people who weren't quick enough to hit the pre-order button. Not cool.

[quote name='Mixer236']Look, you're totally allowed to do whatever you want, and I understand the idea and strategy behind what you're doing. But it's not fair to people like me that want one day one and were holding out hope for Amazon on the first couple of days. Now I'm possibly screwed out of getting one right away b/c of people like you that have to buy multiple to try and make a profit off of people who weren't quick enough to hit the pre-order button. Not cool.[/QUOTE]

You can pre-order at TRU with $20 down

in store only

[quote name='medman6107']You can pre-order at TRU with $20 down

in store only[/QUOTE]

I wanted to get one online, and my TRU is crap so I don't trust them for pre-ordering or day 1 purchases(been burned a few times by this particular store).

[quote name='Mixer236']Look, you're totally allowed to do whatever you want, and I understand the idea and strategy behind what you're doing. But it's not fair to people like me that want one day one and were holding out hope for Amazon on the first couple of days. Now I'm possibly screwed out of getting one right away b/c of people like you that have to buy multiple to try and make a profit off of people who weren't quick enough to hit the pre-order button. Not cool.[/QUOTE]

You snooze, you lose. That's how the games always been played. You all should know that by now. :booty:

[quote name='Celsius']Dammit! It's sold out at Target already? What's the likelyhood they'll have more for sale prior to launch?[/QUOTE]

I think they will, but not much

I believe they will announce more mid to late october of both styles, also dont forget bestbuy have only sold out online pre-orders only. I talked to a best buy rep today at my store (Austin, TX) and they will begin pre-orders soon for instore only (They could be wrong though.).

[quote name='medman6107']I think they will, but not much

I believe they will announce more mid to late october of both styles, also dont forget bestbuy have only sold out online pre-orders only. I talked to a best buy rep today at my store (Austin, TX) and they will begin pre-orders soon for instore only (They could be wrong though.).[/QUOTE]

I picked up my preorder from in a bestbuy store yesterday. I had to use the kiosk to find the preorder, print out a ticket, then head to customer service to get checked out.

[quote name='destro4eva']You snooze, you lose. That's how the games always been played. You all should know that by now. :booty:[/QUOTE]

Really? I stated I was waiting for Amazon. I know they'll give me quicker shipping and they're the only retailer that hasn't botched any kind of pre-order I've ever placed with them, and that number is probably in the 100's. BBY, WM, TARGET, GS(most especially) & TRU have either had a pre-ordered game arrive 1-2 days late, messed up my info, or had my order "lost". Now that Amazon is saying they won't have it, it's sold out everywhere else, partly because of people buying multiples for flipping.

[quote name='therealdanhill']PLEASE answer, does toys r us charge immediatley?[/QUOTE]

From toysrus.com

"Your credit or debit card will not be charged until your item(s) is shipped, at which time we will email you tracking information. Before your item(s) is shipped, your debit or credit card statement will show what looks like a deduction from your account. Please note, these funds have not been deducted but are being reserved within your account to ensure your order can be processed. This is known as an "authorization hold" and typically lasts from 3-7 days, depending upon the policy of your bank."

[quote name='royalbliss1']I picked up my preorder from in a bestbuy store yesterday. I had to use the kiosk to find the preorder, print out a ticket, then head to customer service to get checked out.[/QUOTE]

I couldn't pre-order a Wii U Deluxe last night at GS. So, I put in a pre-order online at one BB last night then dropped by another BB this morning to pre-order instore using the kiosk. I'm hoping that I will get 1 console at launch.

[quote name='PetersHere']"32 GB internal memory for storage"

Man, they really went all out on that one. It can almost hold as much as my micro SD card...[/QUOTE]
The trade-off is you can use any external HDD you wish; no proprietary nonsense. The Chinese are just foaming at the mouth with piracy right now lol. Still, how many great games do you think will be stored on it after they exhaust their dynasty titles? I mean, after buying everything 3rd party on PS3/360, there's not much left.

just pre-ordered the 32gb deluxe console at best buy. used the kiosk and they only required the same $5 down as games. Hopefully by not doing a worldwide release day and spreading out the release dates means they will not run out like last time.

[quote name='trabanus']just pre-ordered the 32gb deluxe console at best buy. used the kiosk and they only required the same $5 down as games. Hopefully by not doing a worldwide release day and spreading out the release dates means they will not run out like last time.[/QUOTE]
It will sell out because people think they're getting a fully functional tablet with their system, and they're not. I also wouldn't trust BB to manage their allocation properly, so expect some horror stories of people walking away empty handed.

[quote name='Jodou']It will sell out because people think they're getting a fully functional tablet with their system, and they're not. I also wouldn't trust BB to manage their allocation properly, so expect some horror stories of people walking away empty handed.[/QUOTE]

And a tablet alone that accounts for half of the cost of the whole bundle. Doesn't bode well for the strength of the console itself.

The Walmart bundle doesn't look like a horrid deal. Most people probably want Mario anyways and a good and maybe an extra Wii-mote. I only have one Wii-plus that I got to just play Zelda with. Remember how bad the Walmart bundles were for the original Wii? You had to spend like 600 bucks and got a bunch of plastic tennis rackets and gold clubs.

At my local Gamestop ( Forest hills nyc ), I was able to preorder. They only asked for $25 down deposit for the deluxe Wii U. I went the same day it was announced around 7pm.

[quote name='chimpmeister']And a tablet alone that accounts for half of the cost of the whole bundle. Doesn't bode well for the strength of the console itself.[/QUOTE]

Right, this doesn't bode well because of course you're basing this on . . . nothing.

[quote name='theflicker']Right, this doesn't bode well because of course you're basing this on . . . nothing.[/QUOTE]

You can safely ignore him. His "contributions" to this thread have consisted of nothing but that sort of post on every other page. Maybe McDonald's has been cutting back hours for him and he can no longer afford the system and is trying to convince himself that he never wanted it anyway by posting here?

[quote name='Busyman']I'm not preordering for a couple of reasons.

1. There are too many current gen games backlogged and coming out, to play.

2. The WU's launch lineup is meh. Re-up for $300-$350 NOW for only a handful of decent games I'd want? Pass.

3. Just like with new games, I don't preorder without a deal. This is not a deal. No money off, no free game, no nothing. This is not CAGish. I waited on the 3DS and was at least able to get it at a lower pricce AND the free Ambassador games.

Mark my words, there will be deals to be had on this. The preorder mopes will "first" and the people that wait a tad will save money, CAG stylee.[/QUOTE]

People who wait on games always save money. Thanks for the newsflash genius.

With the Walmart bundle it seems there's no ship to store option...which is about the only way I'd consider getting it. The forced game is fine because of Mario, but the Wii mote is totally unnecessary. Add to that the forced overpriced shipping charges, delay in picking it up, and it just doesn't work out.

I'm really hoping they'll offer just the console to pre-order and have "Ship to store" as an option, because I have credit that I'd love to use.

Just a heads up...I was planning on getting it at Nintendo World Store here in NYC...and still might...but for the hell of it I went into Best Buy right now (b'way&Houston) and was able to pre order the deluxe version using the Kiosk to print a ticket and bring it to the register...Back-up plan #1...LOL

[quote name='htz']http://www.nintendo.com/wiiu/buynow/

Nintendo have removed Amazon on the list of retailers offering the Wii U. I guess they still have relationship issues from the 3DS.[/QUOTE]

You still can't base it off of that. Business is business. Amazon UK is selling it. Those are also only B&M stores. None of them listed on that site are Online only retailers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back