Not open for further replies.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
iconamazon.gif
Amazon
Consoles* Amazon did not take preorders, see note.
Games

iconbestbuy.gif
Best Buy
Consoles Both models sold out online & in store
Games

icongs_r1.gif
Gamestop
Games

icontoysrus_r1.gif
Toys R Us
Games

icontarget.gif
Target
Games

iconwalmart_r3.gif
Walmart
Consoles
Wii U Bundle Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Wii U Deluxe Sold out online & in store
Wii U Basic Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Games

Sears
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken

kmart.gif
Kmart
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in-store pre-orders were not taken

newegg.gif
Newegg
Deluxe Bundle Bundled with New Super Mario Bros U, Black Ops 2, and Zombi U-Out of Stock
Games

iconplayasia.gif
Play-Asia
Consoles/Games Reservation List Only for NTSC Basic & Deluxe models

Fry's Electronics
Consoles Both models sold out online
Games

Staples
Games

J&R
Consoles Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location.
Games

Nebraska Furniture Mart
Accessories
Games

:hot:Nintendo World Store
Consoles: Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location in NYC.

Notes:

• Newegg, as of now (Friday before launch) is selling the deluxe console as a bundle only. It is listed for immediate shipping, not as a pre-order.

• *Amazon email sent out to those who signed up for Wii U pre-order notification:
Dear Amazon.com Customer,

Thank for you signing up to be notified when the Wii U is available.
Unfortunately the Wii U console is not available at Amazon.com at this time but please check back in the future, as availability may change. We do have the latest Wii U games and accessories available now so check them out. Thank you for shopping with Amazon Video Games.
System Information

YWbCj.png

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='ClevelandBrowns']So is ZombiU really coming out on the 11/13? That is what Amazon has for the release date. Seems weird to release it before the console.[/QUOTE]

I'm kind of hoping a few 3rd party titles do this (ZombiU and Scribblenauts for sure!). I'd like to get my NewEgg orders before the release so I have something other than NintendoLand to play day 1.

If I cannot find an in store preorder, will I be able to wait at Walmart until midnight when it releases? I'm assuming if that is possible, there will be loads of people doing that.

[quote name='AgentSquishy']If I cannot find an in store preorder, will I be able to wait at Walmart until midnight when it releases? I'm assuming if that is possible, there will be loads of people doing that.[/QUOTE]

You can order the online TRU bundle, if you don't mind paying $420 (basic system plus 2 games).

[quote name='GoVols']The "Bang!" part gave it away.[/QUOTE]

he gave me a wink too and held his finger over his lips , "signifying to be quiet"

Shades of Gray 2: The KY Connection

[quote name='gamerguy73']You can order the online TRU bundle, if you don't mind paying $420 (basic system plus 2 games).[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that's the problem. I don't want to pay that much right now.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='AgentSquishy']Yeah, that's the problem. I don't want to pay the much right now.[/QUOTE]

I'm wondering if you can return the 2 games back to TRU for a refund. I know it's a bundle but

[quote name='AgentSquishy']If I cannot find an in store preorder, will I be able to wait at Walmart until midnight when it releases? I'm assuming if that is possible, there will be loads of people doing that.[/QUOTE]

You will be able to get them at Wal-Mart at launch, probably not at midnight though unless it's a 24 hour store. I'm still not convinced these will be hard to get on launch day.

[quote name='spmahn']You will be able to get them at Wal-Mart at launch, probably not at midnight though unless it's a 24 hour store. I'm still not convinced these will be hard to get on launch day.[/QUOTE]

Awesome! Looks like I'll be spending that Saturday at Walmart. You wouldn't think Nintendo would make the mistake of repeating what happened with the Wii, but I'm not going to put complete faith in them.

[quote name='b3b0p']It's probably on Sunday to allow parents to get in sleep before starting the work week. That's my theory.[/QUOTE]

nintendo releases are typically on sundays

[quote name='ClevelandBrowns']So is ZombiU really coming out on the 11/13? That is what Amazon has for the release date. Seems weird to release it before the console.[/QUOTE]

It happens to Saturn release.

This happens all the time for new consoles. It's been awhile since a console has been released, so we've all forgotten about it. :)

I found out I'm #8 in line for the Deluxe Set pre-orders at my local Gamestop so I'm hoping I won't have any trouble securing my Wii U at launch.
I'd imagine they'll get at least 10 of each console in-store but I've got a backup pre-order on Gamestop.com with 1-day shipping so it wouldn't be the end of the world if I had to wait a few extra days.

[quote name='spmahn']You will be able to get them at Wal-Mart at launch, probably not at midnight though unless it's a 24 hour store. I'm still not convinced these will be hard to get on launch day.[/QUOTE]

Ah my friend, never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers.

[quote name='ritchardf']Ah my friend, never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers.[/QUOTE]

The Wii U release at Walmart is just a "dress rehearsal" for black Friday.

[quote name='gamerguy73']Have a Deluxe model on PO at GS B&M. Called twice to see if I would be guaranteed the system at launch. Both times I was assured I would get it on launch date. Worse comes ro worse, I'll get it on their next shipment.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I also went to gamestop and asked if I was guaranteed a console at launch at if I preordered one, and they said if you preordered one you are guranteed one at launch. Crossing my fingers that everything goes OK.

[quote name='ritchardf']Ah my friend, never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers.[/QUOTE]

Which is why elections are so scary!

I would think about preordering if it was 250 for the deluxe set. But since i don't have anyone here that would play mario with me i wouldn't even consider buying the system.

[quote name='gamerguy73']I'm wondering if you can return the 2 games back to TRU for a refund. I know it's a bundle but[/QUOTE]

In that situation, you will probably be offered store credit.

[quote name='drakma676']Going to be at best buy that Saturday morning at 8 waiting in line. Even though I got a preorder down don't want to take a chance not getting one.[/QUOTE]

This worries me too. I have my deluxe pre-ordered at BB and when I asked the guy about it, he said I was guaranteed a console at launch and also that the day I was there they "just started" taking pre-orders. I'll be off from work at launch so I'm still debating if I should camp out a bit... lol

[quote name='K1NG J0RDAN']This worries me too. I have my deluxe pre-ordered at BB and when I asked the guy about it, he said I was guaranteed a console at launch and also that the day I was there they "just started" taking pre-orders. I'll be off from work at launch so I'm still debating if I should camp out a bit... lol[/QUOTE]

I plan on going early the morning of and scoping it out. My BB isn't a huge one though, so I imagine I should be okay. More popular locations may be fucked though.

If all of the GS rumors are true (that a preorder is as good as gold), then I'm not too worried. I'd prefer a BB console (because it'll be cheaper for me thanks to $150 in RZ Certs), I just want one. I'm not picky.

This is the first time since the PS2 that I'm not getting a console on launch day and it's painful. I just flat out can't afford it this year. I paid off my ridiculous credit card debt and I've vowed not to use them again. I'll pick one up on the first re-stocking after Christmas though. There will be so many good games to play on other systems though that it shouldn't be too bad. I'll still be jealous of all of the rest of you though. :p

[quote name='Gameboy415']I found out I'm #8 in line for the Deluxe Set pre-orders at my local Gamestop so I'm hoping I won't have any trouble securing my Wii U at launch.
I'd imagine they'll get at least 10 of each console in-store but I've got a backup pre-order on Gamestop.com with 1-day shipping so it wouldn't be the end of the world if I had to wait a few extra days.[/QUOTE]

My gamestop told me they were only getting 6 preorders and I was the first person to preorder mine. Its a kind of small gamestop in the mall so maybe they get less.

[quote name='sasukekun']There was a cut-off time that you are guaranteed one. Remember reading an email about it.[/QUOTE]

For Gamestop?

I got my pre-order in like 1 or 2pm on the day they announced it. So I'm hoping I'm either one of the first few, or that I'm in that time frame.

[quote name='dgwillia006']For Gamestop?

I got my pre-order in like 1 or 2pm on the day they announced it. So I'm hoping I'm either one of the first few, or that I'm in that time frame.[/QUOTE]

Count me in with you. Did mine at 12:43PM, 9/13/12 according to my receipt. That GS is a bit popular, but I have to be good for at least top 10 status.

Yeah, I know my store got a lot of calls about pre-ordering the Wii-U, but I seriously doubt that many could have came in the 2-3 hours after announcements (Especially since it was a school/work day)

[quote name='dgwillia006']For Gamestop?

I got my pre-order in like 1 or 2pm on the day they announced it. So I'm hoping I'm either one of the first few, or that I'm in that time frame.[/QUOTE]

Yes, it was an internal (employee) email.

You both should be fine.

Does the GameStop preorder recipts have a number on top to see what number you are. I remember when I preorder my xbox360, I had a number on top. Cause the best buy recipts don't have one. So it would not matter if you preorder first or last, whoever is their first from the preorders gets the first one.

[quote name='drakma676']Does the GameStop preorder recipts have a number on top to see what number you are. I remember when I preorder my xbox360, I had a number on top. Cause the best buy recipts don't have one. So it would not matter if you preorder first or last, whoever is their first from the preorders gets the first one.[/QUOTE]

Not on the receipt, but employees can look it up.

[quote name='sasukekun']Yes, it was an internal (employee) email.

You both should be fine.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the reassurance! I imagined I would be. I know others have been burned with GS and preorders, but I never have, so I'm hoping that streak continues.

[quote name='advanced']Thanks for the reassurance! I imagined I would be. I know others have been burned with GS and preorders, but I never have, so I'm hoping that streak continues.[/QUOTE]

Same here. Thanks man

I'm more so curious as to how the midnight release/release is gonna get handled.

[quote name='dgwillia006']Same here. Thanks man

I'm more so curious as to how the midnight release/release is gonna get handled.[/QUOTE]

If I'm guaranteed one, I don't think I'm doing a midnight launch. Unless I can get my tough, biker-looking dad to join me in line or a small posse to go. I don't feel like getting stabbed and robbed because I'm a Nintendo Nerd.

In all seriousness, I can only imagine pure chaos.

This has probably already been said but... I can't help but laugh to myself at how so many people were "Wii U? Not getting one! No interest! As much as I want to be excited, I'm not! Looks dumb! Too expensive! etc etc etc". Then as soon as preorders went live mostly all you see is "Where can I get one! Did I miss out? Can I still preorder! OMFG what if there's none left on launch, I preordered, but..."

Haha, just funny, sorry...

[quote name='advanced']If I'm guaranteed one, I don't think I'm doing a midnight launch. Unless I can get my tough, biker-looking dad to join me in line or a small posse to go. I don't feel like getting stabbed and robbed because I'm a Nintendo Nerd.

In all seriousness, I can only imagine pure chaos.[/QUOTE]

Haha, i remember how bad the PS3 and 360 launch got at a few places here. Robberies everywhere, by the time I got my Wii, the mall had police walking each person to their car and seeing them off.

Likely gonna take my older brother just to be safe, even though this is the good side of town.

And lol JKSonic, some people dont want things until the hype starts. I was kind of on the fence, but theres a few games I want at launch, I'll have the money, and I dont want to have to wait a month or two to luck out and find one.

[quote name='dgwillia006']Haha, i remember how bad the PS3 and 360 launch got at a few places here. Robberies everywhere, by the time I got my Wii, the mall had police walking each person to their car and seeing them off.

Likely gonna take my older brother just to be safe, even though this is the good side of town.

And lol JKSonic, some people dont want things until the hype starts. I was kind of on the fence, but theres a few games I want at launch, I'll have the money, and I dont want to have to wait a month or two to luck out and find one.[/QUOTE]

The GS I go to is in a way better part of town than where I live, but I still don't trust the situation. I'd probably only feel safe if I was covered by snipers on my walk back to the car. I may do it, but I would rather go at 10AM. I'll be doing massive amounts of homework that weekend anyway, so I'll probably need those hours spent waiting for that.

[quote name='dgwillia006']Haha, i remember how bad the PS3 and 360 launch got at a few places here. Robberies everywhere, by the time I got my Wii, the mall had police walking each person to their car and seeing them off.

And lol JKSonic, some people dont want things until the hype starts. I was kind of on the fence, but theres a few games I want at launch, I'll have the money, and I dont want to have to wait a month or two to luck out and find one.[/QUOTE]

I'm one of them that listen to the hype!

Obviously by the profile pic, I'm a huge Nintendo fan. However my Wii is sitting there collecting dust since I only have 3 or 4 games for it out of the years of owning it (mostly use it for classic gaming if anything). So I figured I'll wait to see how people like it before jumping on.

Now that I hear it is selling out everywhere, I want one! Doubt I'll be able to find one though (don't want the basic, trying to get the deluxe).

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back