Not open for further replies.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
iconamazon.gif
Amazon
Consoles* Amazon did not take preorders, see note.
Games

iconbestbuy.gif
Best Buy
Consoles Both models sold out online & in store
Games

icongs_r1.gif
Gamestop
Games

icontoysrus_r1.gif
Toys R Us
Games

icontarget.gif
Target
Games

iconwalmart_r3.gif
Walmart
Consoles
Wii U Bundle Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Wii U Deluxe Sold out online & in store
Wii U Basic Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Games

Sears
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken

kmart.gif
Kmart
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in-store pre-orders were not taken

newegg.gif
Newegg
Deluxe Bundle Bundled with New Super Mario Bros U, Black Ops 2, and Zombi U-Out of Stock
Games

iconplayasia.gif
Play-Asia
Consoles/Games Reservation List Only for NTSC Basic & Deluxe models

Fry's Electronics
Consoles Both models sold out online
Games

Staples
Games

J&R
Consoles Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location.
Games

Nebraska Furniture Mart
Accessories
Games

:hot:Nintendo World Store
Consoles: Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location in NYC.

Notes:

• Newegg, as of now (Friday before launch) is selling the deluxe console as a bundle only. It is listed for immediate shipping, not as a pre-order.

• *Amazon email sent out to those who signed up for Wii U pre-order notification:
Dear Amazon.com Customer,

Thank for you signing up to be notified when the Wii U is available.
Unfortunately the Wii U console is not available at Amazon.com at this time but please check back in the future, as availability may change. We do have the latest Wii U games and accessories available now so check them out. Thank you for shopping with Amazon Video Games.
System Information

YWbCj.png

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='JKSonic']This has probably already been said but... I can't help but laugh to myself at how so many people were "Wii U? Not getting one! No interest! As much as I want to be excited, I'm not! Looks dumb! Too expensive! etc etc etc". Then as soon as preorders went live mostly all you see is "Where can I get one! Did I miss out? Can I still preorder! OMFG what if there's none left on launch, I preordered, but..."

Haha, just funny, sorry...[/QUOTE]

Thats me almost. I wasnt bashing but I had no interest after E3 to buy one. Even when the Gamestop preorder thread started I didnt bother. Then once Best Buy started selling them I ordered one just because I could. Im still not really hyped about any of the launch titles but I am sure my nephew will enjoy playing.

Man, I'm REALLY kicking myself in the butt for not pre-ordering one... I have a $175 Best Buy gift card, but I decided to sit and wait on it to see if I really wanted one. Turns out I do, and it's too late...

Guess I'll just have to hope for the best on the 18th.

[quote name='Manifest95']I'm one of them that listen to the hype!

Obviously by the profile pic, I'm a huge Nintendo fan. However my Wii is sitting there collecting dust since I only have 3 or 4 games for it out of the years of owning it (mostly use it for classic gaming if anything). So I figured I'll wait to see how people like it before jumping on.

Now that I hear it is selling out everywhere, I want one! Doubt I'll be able to find one though (don't want the basic, trying to get the deluxe).[/QUOTE]

Just curious how you can be a big Nintendo fan and a classics fan, yet only have 3 or 4 games for your Wii... 3 Mario games + Mario Kart, 2 Zeldas, DKC Returns, and Punch Out pretty much doubles that number, and I wasn't even trying.

[quote name='soonersfan60']Just curious how you can be a big Nintendo fan and a classics fan, yet only have 3 or 4 games for your Wii... 3 Mario games + Mario Kart, 2 Zeldas, DKC Returns, and Punch Out pretty much doubles that number, and I wasn't even trying.[/QUOTE]

Dont forget Brawl, 2 Kirbys, 3 Pokemons, 2 Mario Partys, and 2 anniversary games

So when are they going to start advertising? I don't think I've seen one commercial yet. Nobody I know who isn't a hardcore gamer even knows this thing is coming out. I tried to tell them to preorder and I don't think any of them did and they are the ones that will be searching everywhere for one as Xmas gets closer and their kids all start asking for one from Santa.

[quote name='soonersfan60']Just curious how you can be a big Nintendo fan and a classics fan, yet only have 3 or 4 games for your Wii... 3 Mario games + Mario Kart, 2 Zeldas, DKC Returns, and Punch Out pretty much doubles that number, and I wasn't even trying.[/QUOTE]

The motion controls kept me from getting a lot of those.

Don't know, the Wii never really attracted me to play. I only have Zelda Skyward Sword, Mario Galaxy & 2, and Epic Mickey. I mean if you are questioning my classic games as well, then thats a totally different number. I have tons on there, but even then I guess novelty eventually worn off since like I said, I barely play it anymore.

You gotta realize that Nintendo has been around forever. Just because the newest system didnt do it for me doesn't mean I haven't been a huge fan my whole life.

Wii had a lot of great games IMHO, but not in HD and without all the accouterments I got use to on the 360 (friends lists, good online, voice chat, global achievements, etc), and once I'd gotten use to them it was hard to get enthused about the Wii even with good games. That's where I think we all hope the WiiU comes in. I must admit to still being a bit worried that they are going to fall short. Like I would really, really like to hear that the friend codes are effectively gone AND that there are multiple accounts instead of a one per-console account deal. That would royally suck and probably turn me off to the WiiU. Please, please tell me that haven't blown it there again. Hopefully they got it right, though.

[quote name='crunchewy']Wii had a lot of great games IMHO, but not in HD and without all the accouterments I got use to on the 360 (friends lists, good online, voice chat, global achievements, etc), and once I'd gotten use to them it was hard to get enthused about the Wii even with good games. That's where I think we all hope the WiiU comes in. I must admit to still being a bit worried that they are going to fall short. Like I would really, really like to hear that the friend codes are effectively gone AND that there are multiple accounts instead of a one per-console account deal. That would royally suck and probably turn me off to the WiiU. Please, please tell me that haven't blown it there again. Hopefully they got it right, though.[/QUOTE]

Thats probably EXACTLY my problem. I had a 360 before I bought my Wii. That system totally changed the way I play games and offered more than what I got out of the Wii. Don't get me wrong, the games I played were fun, but it felt like it was missing something and what you pointed out is most likely what it is.

From what I read about the WiiU, it is suppose to change the way online gaming is done. They are not expecting it to be the best online experience, but introduce something new that will path the way (gotta admit, Nintendo usually DOES do this). I'm not much of a multiplayer gamer anyway, so I'm really interested in what the hell it is. And I'm sorry if I'm blind and it has been told already, I get my news from my @Gamer magazines :)

The Wii IS a dust collector. Take it from a hardcore Nintendo fan like me, there were definitely 1 year+ droughts almost every other year. The Kirby Collection is finally making me give it some use after almost a year of being dormant.

[quote name='Nintendonly']The Wii IS a dust collector. Take it from a hardcore Nintendo fan like me, there were definitely 1 year+ droughts almost every other year. The Kirby Collection is finally making me give it some use after almost a year of being dormant.[/QUOTE]

I see Xenoblade Chronicles on your list of games you are playing. So, surely it must have been dust-free earlier this year for that! I put about 160 hours into that over the summer which is probably more than I played the Wii total in all 5 years up to that point! Being online and having trophies/achievements is nice, some games (like Xenoblade) transcend all that.

[quote name='JKSonic']This has probably already been said but... I can't help but laugh to myself at how so many people were "Wii U? Not getting one! No interest! As much as I want to be excited, I'm not! Looks dumb! Too expensive! etc etc etc". Then as soon as preorders went live mostly all you see is "Where can I get one! Did I miss out? Can I still preorder! OMFG what if there's none left on launch, I preordered, but..."

Haha, just funny, sorry...[/QUOTE]

Good hype by Nintendo whether they sold a ton of preorders or limited them some to create an image that it's going to be a tough find.

I can remember the last time I turned on my wii and now don't get on as much as I like with a one year old son. When I do have some time, I get on the 360 or PS3. I figured I would give the Wii U time to come out and see what games were out and the general reviews. It doesn't matter if I don't get one until sometime next year. But I can't lie, now that the pre orders have sold out so fast and we are getting closer, I regret not pre ordering one. I should have done it just in case I started wanting one sooner. Oh well, live and learn. I can't wait to see the reviews once it's out because I have no intentions of camping out for one. I figure sometime next year I'll be in the right place at the right time and snag one.

Was not excited at all at first. Now that it is getting closer and I'm starting to see more videos of it man im getting pumped. I'm already counting down the days. Can't wait!!!

Wii U Console Black Deluxe

$355.99

http://www.costcaptain.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=C&Product_Code=DX_WUPSKAFB

DO NOT GET THE FREE SHIPPING OR IT WILL CHARGE YOU FOR THE COSTCAPTAIN PREMIER! Normally $69, now $29. BOO! Just get the $4.99 shipping (3 - 5 days).

Here are two $5.00 off coupon codes, they don't stack: WB2008 and CPE2012. This basically converts you to free shipping. You also save on sales tax if you don't live in Georgia.

Be sure you see that the coupon registers. When you put in your card info and submit it checks out without showing you an order total screen. Put the coupon code in and hit return to see that it registers. Then select your card type. Then hit submit. Then fill out your credit card info.

CAG or DIE!

[quote name='alexandertyler']Wii U Console Black Deluxe

$355.99

http://www.costcaptain.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=C&Product_Code=DX_WUPSKAFB

DO NOT GET THE FREE SHIPPING OR IT WILL CHARGE YOU FOR THE COSTCAPTAIN PREMIER! Normally $69, now $29. BOO! Just get the $4.99 shipping (3 - 5 days).

Here are two $5.00 off coupon codes, they don't stack: WB2008 and CPE2012. This basically converts you to free shipping. You also save on sales tax if you don't live in Georgia.

Be sure you see that the coupon registers. When you put in your card info and submit it checks out without showing you an order total screen. Put the coupon code in and hit return to see that it registers. Then select your card type. Then hit submit. Then fill out your credit card info.

CAG or DIE![/QUOTE]

So has anyone shopped here before? Would like to see someone vouch for it.

[quote name='Samurai_X-51']So has anyone shopped here before? Would like to see someone vouch for it.[/QUOTE]

I tried to order from there. Rejected my debit card 3 times for 3 different reasons and I finally said screw it. Site seems fishy but no extra charges on my card yet. I don't really want to pull out and try my credit card now...

Edit: they've put an authorization on my debit card but never completed my order. I'm going to call the bank.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='nugarp']I tried to order from there. Rejected my debit card 3 times for 3 different reasons and I finally said screw it. Site seems fishy but no extra charges on my card yet. I don't really want to pull out and try my credit card now...

Edit: they've put an authorization on my debit card but never completed my order. I'm going to call the bank.[/QUOTE]

Good luck to you. FWIW, my Google searching suggests the site is legit and intended for academic licenses for software, but who knows what's up here. Probably submitted for 10 of them so they can list it, get attention on their site and then refund a bunch of people.

Pre-ordered 1 deluxe, chose 12.99 expedited shipping (1-2) days. No trouble having the order go through, total was 363.98 with coupon code. Instantly got an email confirmation.

wierd but unless i am missing something, when I search the website, i can't find the wii u page...

Nothing on there about multiple pre-orders, so I don't know if they will allow it

just tried this [FONT=Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=-1]999 [/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=-1]$355.99 [/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=-1]$355,634.01 [/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=-1]Total: [/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=-1]$355,634.01[/SIZE][/FONT]

so not sure how many people will actually receive their pre-order, doesnt seem to be a limit

It's so shady too, it doesn't even show up in their search engine. I see a lot of early charges and refunds in November if you remind them and somebody is available on the phone line.

even though its about 23 pages of good reviews those last pages do have me questioning how quickly I jumped on this, glad i ordered with my paypal card. Hoping for the best though

The more I think about it the more I would prefer a white color...but since it makes no sense to buy it based on the additional stuff in the deluxe set then I guess I'm stock. Still wondering if I should get a white pro controller tho.

[quote name='BLink']The more I think about it the more I would prefer a white color...but since it makes no sense to buy it based on the additional stuff in the deluxe set then I guess I'm stock. Still wondering if I should get a white pro controller tho.[/QUOTE]

I'm getting one black and one white controller. Luckily I was able to pre-order at newegg for $37.99 shipped. At this point all I'm picking up at GS at launch is the console. Everything else is coming from newegg.

Does anyone know when the Wii U Pro Controller was removed from NewEgg? The page still exists but it is listed as discontinued - perhaps to stop people from using the coupon?

[quote name='Kaliyah']Does anyone know when the Wii U Pro Controller was removed from NewEgg? The page still exists but it is listed as discontinued - perhaps to stop people from using the coupon?[/QUOTE]

The only thing I can think of is that it had become such a popular item with the coupon that the preorder numbers exceeded the number of controllers Newegg expected to get this holiday season. That's just a guess though. Keep an eye on the status. There's always a chance that it might suddenly switch back. Or better yet don't even bother waiting and just contact Newegg's customer service to ask them.

[quote name='alexandertyler']Wii U Console Black Deluxe

$355.99

CAG or DIE![/QUOTE]

I noticed they have changed the listing. They raised the price to $400 and it now says:
"This is a pre-order. Item is in extreme high demand so availability is not guaranteed. If your order ships, you will receive a tracking number. If cancelled, you will receive cancellation notice. Thank you."

for anyone wondering, when I was able to check out with my paypal debit card, the transaction for 363.98 has a status of completed, and pending on my debit card purchase, Im assuming this means funds will be transfered from my linked account to costcaptain.com, inc, Atlanta, GA, in the next few days. Not surprised they are charging now, won't be surprised when they apologize later.

I also just received this email from costcaptain.com

Dear ______,

We wanted to give you an update on availability and shipping of Wii U Console you recently ordered.

This item is in very limited supplies. What this means is that your order is in a shipping queue and we are working hard to ensure fulfillment but we do not have a definite delivery date. The manufacturer is not guaranteeing delivery by the holidays.
Next steps

If your order is fulfilled, you will receive a shipping tracking number.

Please respond to this email and let us know if you'd like to continue waiting or cancel your order.

Tempted to use the Gamestop double trade value for systems on either my Vita (haven't played in so long after beating MGS:HD bundle) or my Xbox 360 (also barely played...but it's My Xbox and I've been an Xbox guy for a while and still might get Halo 4). Tempting...tempting...

[quote name='Josh5890']I'm getting one black and one white controller. Luckily I was able to pre-order at newegg for $37.99 shipped. At this point all I'm picking up at GS at launch is the console. Everything else is coming from newegg.[/QUOTE]

Good thing I ordered the pro yesterday at newegg before it disappeared but I went with black to match the console at least for now. And so far got 3 games preorder so that should be enough for now.

[quote name='drakma676']Put my preorder from best buy on Craigslist for $50 an I am actually getting a lot responses people wanting to buy my preorder.[/QUOTE]

I have seen the best buy deluxe pre-order receipts alone go for over $300 ($5, buyer pays rest of the amount when they pick up the wii u)

Its been interesting to watch the ebay marketplace and i really have no explanation for whats going on.

I have seen some Deluxe wii u consoles with overnight shipping sell for LESS THAN MSRP, about $315 USD including shipping. Even seen some consoles sell for over $800 when pre-orderes were first announced. Now they seem to be leveling off at about $450-$550 range. I'm sure they will pick back up in December. October seems like a dead month for the wii u pre-order sellout buzz dying down and absolutely no advertisment. almost no one in my circles really even knows it exists.

[quote name='nightmarishhero'] October seems like a dead month for the wii u pre-order sellout buzz dying down and absolutely no advertisment. almost no one in my circles really even knows it exists.[/QUOTE]

They tend to do that with most new consoles now since there are going to be basically none for anyone that didn't preorder at launch anyways. Why would Nintendo pump a bunch of money into advertising in October when we probably won't start seeing new shipments until early December.

[quote name='thegarageband']What's the actual difference between getting the Deluxe Black WiiU and a regular White WiiU?

Besides being a peon, of course.[/QUOTE]

Nintendoland game, gamepad stand, system stand, gamepad charging cradle, 32gb of onboard flash memory instead of 8gb, and initial access to Nintendo Network Premium.

I'm hoping the premium network offers a good deal on downloading, if so I'll probably download the mario bros game to give the service a try.

[quote name='loomis1975']Nintendoland game, gamepad stand, system stand, gamepad charging cradle, 32gb of onboard flash memory instead of 8gb, and initial access to Nintendo Network Premium.

I'm hoping the premium network offers a good deal on downloading, if so I'll probably download the mario bros game to give the service a try.[/QUOTE]

There is no deal on downloading or discounts in the US, it's some sort of unrevealed point system where purchases earn points - still unclear on how the points can be spent.

Japan gets a 10% discount however.

[quote name='loomis1975']Nintendoland game, gamepad stand, system stand, gamepad charging cradle, 32gb of onboard flash memory instead of 8gb, and initial access to Nintendo Network Premium.
[/QUOTE]

All-in-all you have to figure that is worth the extra $50. I'd have been hard-pressed to pay $50 (or $60) for NintendoLand, but it is worth $30 or so IMO. If you have no interest in that whatsoever, then the standard bundle is probably a better buy.

While the system memory will be expandable via flash drives or external USB drives, I like the convenience of 32GB right out of the box so I don't have to mess with other storage options for a while. That's worth a few bucks for sure. And I like the charging cradle accessory. And I will probably have to stand the system up to fit it on the game system shelf (next to the PS3 and 360, replacing the Wii) so the stand is essential to me (though only worth $5-$10 tops).

Whatever the Premium network thing ends up being is just gravy in my opinion. But I hope it is a little more than points that get you essentially 10% back off download purchases. I'm hoping there are exclusives and freebies. Hopefully Nintendo learned something from the success of PS+.

[quote name='io']
Whatever the Premium network thing ends up being is just gravy in my opinion. But I hope it is a little more than points that get you essentially 10% back off download purchases. I'm hoping there are exclusives and freebies. Hopefully Nintendo learned something from the success of PS+.[/QUOTE]

I really hope that's all the premium club is. I believe Nintendo stated that it was only available with the Deluxe console and not for sale. If the benefits got much better than the 10% rebate, it would behe really fair for those who want the Deluxe system but had to settle for a standard.

[quote name='ProppaT']I really hope that's all the premium club is. I believe Nintendo stated that it was only available with the Deluxe console and not for sale. If the benefits got much better than the 10% rebate, it would behe really fair for those who want the Deluxe system but had to settle for a standard.[/QUOTE]

Well, there's always the possibility it will be offered independently later on - once they figure out exactly what it is ;). I have a feeling even Nintendo doesn't have it fleshed out just yet.

[quote name='JaylisJayP']10% sounds like a lot compared to the garbage, insulting amounts XBOX is now offering as "achievement rewards." Those are a joke.[/QUOTE]
Depends on how far this 10% goes. If were talking 10% on every $60 console game purchase, it could be a great deal. Especially if Nintendo isn't charging tax.

[quote name='JaylisJayP']10% sounds like a lot compared to the garbage, insulting amounts XBOX is now offering as "achievement rewards." Those are a joke.[/QUOTE]
You really think that Microsoft's gamerscore reward program is finalized?

It's a beta being put in place for the next gen.

[quote name='K1NG J0RDAN']This worries me too. I have my deluxe pre-ordered at BB and when I asked the guy about it, he said I was guaranteed a console at launch and also that the day I was there they "just started" taking pre-orders. I'll be off from work at launch so I'm still debating if I should camp out a bit... lol[/QUOTE]

I was wondering the same thing. What happens if the store receives 30 units, and have 20 people who pre-ordered online for store pick up and 20 who did a in store pre-order , not to mention people standing outside for one. Who do they fill first the online store pickups or the ones who preordered in the store?

[quote name='ldp103']I was wondering the same thing. What happens if the store receives 30 units, and have 20 people who pre-ordered online for store pick up and 20 who did a in store pre-order , not to mention people standing outside for one. Who do they fill first the online store pickups or the ones who preordered in the store?[/QUOTE]

It should go by the time of purchase.

[quote name='ldp103']I was wondering the same thing. What happens if the store receives 30 units, and have 20 people who pre-ordered online for store pick up and 20 who did a in store pre-order , not to mention people standing outside for one. Who do they fill first the online store pickups or the ones who preordered in the store?[/QUOTE]

Online vs. in-store pre-order shouldn't matter. When you do an Online order for in-store pickup, it should ping the same inventory. I imagine they'll do it by order number. If for whatever reason they REALLY oversold these things (i.e., 100 pre-orders for 20 units), I could see them doing a lotto system with the pre-orders. I'm really hoping that Best Buy sends out the typical "your pre-order is ready for pickup" message so I know whether I should even bother going. I have a sneaking suspicion that only about half of us that pre-ordered at Best Buy are actually going to get them on the the 18th. Game Stop seems to have been much more conservative with their pre-orders.

Went to best buy to trade in some games and asked about the wii u preorders. He said that they cancel all preorders and it's a first come first serve. I was like wtf?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back