Not open for further replies.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
iconamazon.gif
Amazon
Consoles* Amazon did not take preorders, see note.
Games

iconbestbuy.gif
Best Buy
Consoles Both models sold out online & in store
Games

icongs_r1.gif
Gamestop
Games

icontoysrus_r1.gif
Toys R Us
Games

icontarget.gif
Target
Games

iconwalmart_r3.gif
Walmart
Consoles
Wii U Bundle Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Wii U Deluxe Sold out online & in store
Wii U Basic Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Games

Sears
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken

kmart.gif
Kmart
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in-store pre-orders were not taken

newegg.gif
Newegg
Deluxe Bundle Bundled with New Super Mario Bros U, Black Ops 2, and Zombi U-Out of Stock
Games

iconplayasia.gif
Play-Asia
Consoles/Games Reservation List Only for NTSC Basic & Deluxe models

Fry's Electronics
Consoles Both models sold out online
Games

Staples
Games

J&R
Consoles Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location.
Games

Nebraska Furniture Mart
Accessories
Games

:hot:Nintendo World Store
Consoles: Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location in NYC.

Notes:

• Newegg, as of now (Friday before launch) is selling the deluxe console as a bundle only. It is listed for immediate shipping, not as a pre-order.

• *Amazon email sent out to those who signed up for Wii U pre-order notification:
Dear Amazon.com Customer,

Thank for you signing up to be notified when the Wii U is available.
Unfortunately the Wii U console is not available at Amazon.com at this time but please check back in the future, as availability may change. We do have the latest Wii U games and accessories available now so check them out. Thank you for shopping with Amazon Video Games.
System Information

YWbCj.png

Last edited by a moderator:
All this talk about shortages is making me pretty paranoid about all three of my preorders. I just want one. I'm not even going to flip the others.

I have three preordered right now from different gamestops. I'm number 2 at one place number 3 on another gamestop and number 9 at another one. I'm really excited for this system. Plan on flipping the other two to hopefully cover the cost of being able to keep one for my family. My daughter already freaks out at touch screens and I'm pretty sure she isn't the only one. Just look at the ipads number item kids want for Christmas This will be the hottest toy out this holiday season

The whole flipping thing is a massive gamble. Folks trying to due it with the PS3 at its launch got burned terribly.

Personally there's not enough profit in it to go through all the hassle, in my humble opinion.

I would love to be able to pre-order one to actually play the damn thing though, but I missed that boat.

It is not much of a gamble considering that you can just return it to the store and get your money back if all else fails. There isn't enough profit right now though I agree. I only paid for two, one to keep and one to maybe sell and help cover the cost of the first one. I am going to try CL even though I have never used it. Meet at a police station and only accept cash money. I'll wait till after the 18th and see what happens and hopefully try to get at least $600 or I'll just return it or gift it to my brother-in-laws family for Xmas. No biggie either way.

[quote name='lawdood']I'm sure it's been mentioned in this huge thread somewhere, but anyone else with an in store pre-order at Best Buy been told how they're going to be taking care of pre-orders? [/QUOTE]

Technically, Best Buy and BestBuy.com are two separate entities. Wii-U consoles purchased as in-store pre-orders on BestBuy.com should never even hit the shelf.

[quote name='maximumzero']The whole flipping thing is a massive gamble. Folks trying to due it with the PS3 at its launch got burned terribly.

Personally there's not enough profit in it to go through all the hassle, in my humble opinion.

I would love to be able to pre-order one to actually play the damn thing though, but I missed that boat.[/QUOTE]

I remembered the PS3 launch to be very different. People were paying $1,000 in the secondary market for them at first. The shortage was not as long as the Wii though of course.

[quote name='technicalstylez']wonder how long it takes them to restock after launch[/QUOTE]

Whoa a tech sighting! Where you been brother?

Just as a side note, I logged into my BestBuy.com account last night, and they have already processed my order. Now all they have to do is show up in store for pick-up.

Some of you people saying there won't be a shortage seem to forget Amazon won't be selling the Wii U. I know GameStop/Wal-Mart/Target/etc will be getting a share of what would be Amazon's supply, but you have a lot of people who just hate b&m stores and won't want to deal with them.

[quote name='maximumzero']The whole flipping thing is a massive gamble. Folks trying to due it with the PS3 at its launch got burned terribly.

I would love to be able to pre-order one to actually play the damn thing though, but I missed that boat.[/QUOTE]
Why do people keep saying it's a gamble? One word: receipts.

Also, after launch, PS3 resellers were making over $200-$400 on each one they sold. Granted, it was only the first 1 or 2 weeks, but still.

Just got back from running some errands and while I was out I stopped by my local Best Buy. Seems in the last week they finally got their Wii-U demo set up. I absolutely enjoyed the demo for Rayman Legends and definitely will have to consider getting it in March when it releases. Everyone was right when saying the gamepad is very light. Took me a few minutes to get used to it, but within 5 mins I was getting the hang of it. Starting to feel very happy about getting Assassin's Creed III for Wii-U. Will bring even more freshness to the series that I love so much.

[quote name='juanawoman']

Also, after launch, PS3 resellers were making over $200-$400 on each one they sold. Granted, it was only the first 1 or 2 weeks, but still.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't count on being able to flip for much of a profit, the original Wii was released also on mid November, I remember I just walked in a walmart and got one a few days later.

[quote name='juanawoman']Some of you people saying there won't be a shortage seem to forget Amazon won't be selling the Wii U. I know GameStop/Wal-Mart/Target/etc will be getting a share of what would be Amazon's supply, but you have a lot of people who just hate b&m stores and won't want to deal with them.

Why do people keep saying it's a gamble? One word: receipts.

Also, after launch, PS3 resellers were making over $200-$400 on each one they sold. Granted, it was only the first 1 or 2 weeks, but still.[/QUOTE]

With the amazon vs Nintendo issues it isn't a guarantee that amazon will sell the wii u unless its through sellers unfortunately

[quote name='perfectsil']I wouldn't count on being able to flip for much of a profit, the original Wii was released also on mid November, I remember I just walked in a walmart and got one a few days later.[/QUOTE]
i don't know where you live but in my neck of the woods they couldn't be found for over a year.

I think the gamble lies in the people that are expecting their second system to flip and pay for the first. Sure, most stores will allow a full refund (I'd be sure to ask though, some stores may put a restocking fee on hardware), but a whole lot of people are anticipating getting their first system for free in the end. If you are depending on the flip to be able to afford the system, there is a risk. It is not a guaranteed win, you might be caught in a deluge of people trying to flip them - as with the PS3. There is a limit to where the mass market will tolerate price mark-ups, and this flipping idea seems to be really common. You are depending on parents here, the gamers that really want one probably pre-ordered when it first opened. To pay for a second, you need to get $800 (counting tax) and then you are getting up into PS3 land, and the Wii U is not going to be anywhere as short of a supply as the PS3 was on release. Parents might spring for a $150 Tickle Me Elmo, but almost a grand for a new Wii?

But, also there are a lot of other potential risks. Fraud issues over Ebay. Bid snipers and spoilers. Even with good precautions, Craigslist is always a question mark. People have been robbed even in front of the police station (and if you are right and it is highly desired, people will take more chances on that). You also have the general unreliability of others to consider, you make that perfect deal and they never show up - then you have to go sell it again, more time and effort.

Some people like that game, and the allure of making a big sale. I'm not fond of the headaches, personally. I guess it depends on your expectations. I just hope in the end, the scalpers don't hurt the system. It's really pretty cool and fun, it would be a shame to get to Dec. 26th and have the shelves full of returned systems from resellers that couldn't flip them because parents decided it isn't worth the cash and got little Johnny an XBox instead.

[quote name='Donut2922']I remembered the PS3 launch to be very different. People were paying $1,000 in the secondary market for them at first. The shortage was not as long as the Wii though of course.[/QUOTE]

lol... That's probably because of a $600 price tag, I do remember the PS3 being easier to find than the Wii though.

Now where did I put that $600 doorstop at. ='(

[quote name='dragonjud']Meh. Tried a unit at a local gamestop. I'm not impressed. If you're unsure, go try for yourself. I just didn't see anything that cannot be done on current consoles (except for the gimmick of the tablet, and most people have a few of those already.)[/QUOTE]

It's all about "intricate details" processing powers, weather feects and more characters on the screen with higher resolution and visuals. thats what makes it great. Not a huge increase in graphics but intricate details where they needed to go. Thats why I was impressed and getting a deluxe unit on launch. I do respect your opinion though. Thats why I quoted you.

[quote name='coolflea216']i don't know where you live but in my neck of the woods they couldn't be found for over a year.[/QUOTE]
It was the same for me.

[quote name='juanawoman']It was the same for me.[/QUOTE]

I couldn't get the original white Wii for almost two years up here Northeast (Boston). They were sold out EVERYWHERE. So I believe you and coolflea216 lol.

Same here. I actually waited in line at my local Wal-Mart for mine on launch night. They ushered us into the customer service waiting area where they had some metal folding chairs set up. They had received 22 consoles, I was #20. Our local GameStop got one additional shipment before the Wii was out of stock in our area for SEVERAL months. I actually played through Twilight Princess, held onto mine for a little while, then sold it for $500 on eBay. Worked out quite nicely.

[quote name='Grimms']I couldn't get the original white Wii for almost two years up here Northeast (Boston). They were sold out EVERYWHERE. So I believe you and coolflea216 lol.[/QUOTE]

I would find Wii's in stores every week or so...and I live in Orlando, so it's not like I was going to low business stores. I usually hit Target about twice a week during my lunch break and they weren't impossible to find.

[quote name='coolflea216']i don't know where you live but in my neck of the woods they couldn't be found for over a year.[/QUOTE]

I worked for Circuit City at the time, and for at least a solid six or seven months we would have customers lined up outside prior to the store's opening, holding out for a Wii. It was essentially launch day every day we got a shipment in.

Kinda expecting the same for the WiiU based on these low quantities I've been hearing about, but then again, who knows.

I took me almost two years to get a Wii also. I'm glad I have pre-orders locked in and almost paid in full this time. This is in Mass.

It took me until February to actually find a Wii after launch. Honestly, it was all about timing... even if people weren't camped out, they seemed to basically to come off the truck in very small quantities and were gone soon after. Only reason I got one was because the GameStop 5 minutes away told me they just got a shipment that morning and that the GameStop 10 minutes away gets their truck later in the day. I hauled ass to the other GameStop and just waited for the truck to get there. The luxuries of being in college for a console launch, right?

The worst was when I was at the mall with my ex that December and she insisted we go to Hallmark first. I head to GameStop right after, and see a woman buying the last Wii they had. Without that 20 minutes in Hallmark, I would've had one 2 months sooner. That was... that was not a great day after that. Ha.

[quote name='spauldingfan']Just saw old navy's bf ad... Free New Mario bros U w/ $40 purchase and they are giving away 1000 wii u basic systems.[/QUOTE]

Serious? My wife likes to buy crap from there anyhow. I'll have to check that out.

[quote name='spauldingfan']I think the 1000 wii u s is an instant win contest.[/QUOTE]It's pretty fuzzy but it looks like that's what the ad says. that's interesting with how scarce the supply is i wonder how good of a chance you actually have.

[quote name='TwistedShade']It's pretty fuzzy but it looks like that's what the ad says. that's interesting with how scarce the supply is i wonder how good of a chance you actually have.[/QUOTE]

I remember years ago they were giving away iPods with an instant win and saw two people win while I was in the store shopping. As far as the game, I'd say be one of the first 25, that's how it was for Lego rock band and dance central the previous years.

[quote name='screwkick']Just as a side note, I logged into my BestBuy.com account last night, and they have already processed my order. Now all they have to do is show up in store for pick-up.[/QUOTE]
So glad that I ordered mine online, with in store pickup. It seems like the most safest route out their. Bestbuy already has my money on hold so they know my moneys coming.

I guess in store pickup stuff they lock up in a cage of some sort so no one will be getting my Wii U!

Wow, i need new jeans and stuff anyways. Might just do that, get the g/f some clothes, get the free mario and return it to game stop to get my credit back, lol.

Pretty sweet deal. My Old Navy is pretty much going out of business, so if I am able to cop a system on launch, I would be all over this deal.

[quote name='spauldingfan']I remember years ago they were giving away iPods with an instant win and saw two people win while I was in the store shopping. As far as the game, I'd say be one of the first 25, that's how it was for Lego rock band and dance central the previous years.[/QUOTE]first in line or checkout? My wife could potentially get this. :)

Canceled my GameStop mario u order because of this deal and got black ops 2 instead sweet deal done before for dance central a few years back

[quote name='spauldingfan']Just saw old navy's bf ad... Free New Mario bros U w/ $40 purchase and they are giving away 1000 wii u basic systems.

http://bfads.net/Ad/Old-Navy-2012[/QUOTE]

Oh hell yeah! I have the game preordered at Gamestop so I guess I'll hang onto it until I get it from Old Navy and then return it and grab ZombiU or something.

[quote name='therealdanhill']Oh hell yeah! I have the game preordered at Gamestop so I guess I'll hang onto it until I get it from Old Navy and then return it and grab ZombiU or something.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, im going to still pick up the one I had on pre-order and if I get lucky and get one at Old Navy, ill take that back and return it to gamestop.

A Target somewhat near me has an 8GB preorder available. Thinking about nabbing it. Would I need to drive there to get the card or is there any other way?

[quote name='Esmith08']A Target somewhat near me has an 8GB preorder available. Thinking about nabbing it. Would I need to drive there to get the card or is there any other way?[/QUOTE]

You'd have to go in store to get it. Target doesn't have an in-store pick up or anything like that.

[quote name='bombfirst885']first in line or checkout? My wife could potentially get this. :)[/QUOTE]
First in line, they hand out wristbands and keep the game behind the counter till checkout. Also those returning to gamestop remember to take off the old navy sticker covering the original UPC. Ran into that problem when they gave out dance central.

My wife said she wants to do the Old Navy deal, I know it's early, but would anyone say, in the case of a midnight opening, showing up at 10pm would be good enough?

[quote name='mousebites']Canceled my GameStop mario u order because of this deal and got black ops 2 instead sweet deal done before for dance central a few years back[/QUOTE]

I can assure all of you that it will be VERY difficult to get Mario U. A few years ago they did it for Lego Rock Band and if you weren't in line for a LOOOOONG time you did not get it. I believe the store near us had (via friends on Facebook) .... 4 copies of the game.

Old Navy knows that they will lose bunches of money if they have stacks of this game available. Create a desire to get the game, reward a few, see how many people come into your store because of it.

[quote name='therealdanhill']My wife said she wants to do the Old Navy deal, I know it's early, but would anyone say, in the case of a midnight opening, showing up at 10pm would be good enough?[/QUOTE]
9-10 usually worked for me, they hand out the wristbands around 11 when the line gets ludicrous.

[quote name='spauldingfan']Just saw old navy's bf ad... Free New Mario bros U w/ $40 purchase and they are giving away 1000 wii u basic systems.

http://bfads.net/Ad/Old-Navy-2012[/QUOTE]
Wow!
[quote name='therealdanhill']Oh hell yeah! I have the game preordered at Gamestop so I guess I'll hang onto it until I get it from Old Navy and then return it and grab ZombiU or something.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Deader2818']Yeah, im going to still pick up the one I had on pre-order and if I get lucky and get one at Old Navy, ill take that back and return it to gamestop.[/QUOTE]
I'm thinking about doing the same as you guys.
[quote name='paulwekiva']I can assure all of you that it will be VERY difficult to get Mario U. A few years ago they did it for Lego Rock Band and if you weren't in line for a LOOOOONG time you did not get it. I believe the store near us had (via friends on Facebook) .... 4 copies of the game.

Old Navy knows that they will lose bunches of money if they have stacks of this game available. Create a desire to get the game, reward a few, see how many people come into your store because of it.[/QUOTE]
You've got a point. People line up at Old Navy for $20 bags and $1 flip-flops.

The new City Target in Westwood CA just got pre-order cards either back in stock, or in stock the first time, depending on who you ask. (I was there last week and was told they were sold out, but that they'd get more in, and there they were today). I just picked up a Deluxe pre-order for kicks; I have one on layaway at Walmart but for $5 I don't mind having a backup plan.

Of course the guy had NO IDEA how they were handling pre-orders and had NO CLUE what the situation was for pickup. Finally, when I had asked him enough questions, he suddenly said "Oh, I forgot!" and had me sign up on their pre-order list that was for ANY pre-orders. I was the only Wii pre-order on that sheet (maybe they had another page?).. but they wanted my name and phone number and then he told me they'd call me when it was available. So who knows how this will pan out.

I think they had like 3 Deluxe and 5 Basic cards left, they must have just gone up today... and they're not with the Wii pre-orders, they're on a different kiosk in electronics, at the end of the aisle that has the 3DS/DS systems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back