Not open for further replies.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
iconamazon.gif
Amazon
Consoles* Amazon did not take preorders, see note.
Games

iconbestbuy.gif
Best Buy
Consoles Both models sold out online & in store
Games

icongs_r1.gif
Gamestop
Games

icontoysrus_r1.gif
Toys R Us
Games

icontarget.gif
Target
Games

iconwalmart_r3.gif
Walmart
Consoles
Wii U Bundle Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Wii U Deluxe Sold out online & in store
Wii U Basic Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Games

Sears
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken

kmart.gif
Kmart
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in-store pre-orders were not taken

newegg.gif
Newegg
Deluxe Bundle Bundled with New Super Mario Bros U, Black Ops 2, and Zombi U-Out of Stock
Games

iconplayasia.gif
Play-Asia
Consoles/Games Reservation List Only for NTSC Basic & Deluxe models

Fry's Electronics
Consoles Both models sold out online
Games

Staples
Games

J&R
Consoles Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location.
Games

Nebraska Furniture Mart
Accessories
Games

:hot:Nintendo World Store
Consoles: Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location in NYC.

Notes:

• Newegg, as of now (Friday before launch) is selling the deluxe console as a bundle only. It is listed for immediate shipping, not as a pre-order.

• *Amazon email sent out to those who signed up for Wii U pre-order notification:
Dear Amazon.com Customer,

Thank for you signing up to be notified when the Wii U is available.
Unfortunately the Wii U console is not available at Amazon.com at this time but please check back in the future, as availability may change. We do have the latest Wii U games and accessories available now so check them out. Thank you for shopping with Amazon Video Games.
System Information

YWbCj.png

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='spauldingfan']First in line, they hand out wristbands and keep the game behind the counter till checkout. Also those returning to gamestop remember to take off the old navy sticker covering the original UPC. Ran into that problem when they gave out dance central.[/QUOTE]Thanks.

Any idea how many will be in stock? Can't read the fine print.

[quote name='spauldingfan']Just saw old navy's bf ad... Free New Mario bros U w/ $40 purchase and they are giving away 1000 wii u basic systems.

http://bfads.net/Ad/Old-Navy-2012[/QUOTE]
Thanks for this. Fine print says:
Prior to store opening on Friday November 23 in the U.S. (including Puerto Rico), customers will form a line outside the store and a store associate(s) will pass out one wristband per person aged 16 (think it says 16) or older, starting with the front of the line while supplies last. There are an extremely limited amount of available wristbands per store, which will be distributed on a first come first serve basis, and Old Navy cannot guarantee that all customers in line will receive a wristband. Subject to availability, wristbands are good for one New Super Mario Bros. U video game with a qualifying purchase of $40 or more, and must be surrendered after purchases. GiftCards, packaging, taxes, and prior purchases do not qualify toward the minimum purchase requirement. May not be returned or exchanged. Limit one New Super Mario Bros. U video game per person, family or household. Store hours may vary by location. Select outlet stores open at 10pm Thurs. 11/22 for giveaway. Check your local store for details. No rainchecks. Wii u system not included. NSMBU: (r) 2012 Nintendo. Nintendo properties are trademarks of Nintendo.

While I could use some new jeans and a new sweater, I think I'll just pay for both separately. I fucking hate Black Friday crowds. Sweet deal if you needed clothes or were buying gifts though!

Stupid question, but I pre-ordered the Black Wii U at Gamestop. Do I have to pick it up right away or is their a deadline?

[quote name='perfectsil']I wouldn't count on being able to flip for much of a profit, the original Wii was released also on mid November, I remember I just walked in a walmart and got one a few days later.[/QUOTE]
If you're telling the truth, then your situation was definitely an exception. A year later, people were still buying the Wii for up to $700 on eBay. It was very hard to get for quite a while. People died trying to get the damn thing.

[quote name='defpally']$150 Tickle Me Elmo[/QUOTE]
Only $150? When that sucker came out, our local news station was constantly reporting about people paying $1000-$2000 for that stupid toy. Same thing for Furby. Zhu Zhu Pets only got up to about $500, I think.

[quote name='skiizim']Now where did I put that $600 doorstop at. ='([/QUOTE]
Ha ha, I'm happy to say I only paid half as much for my doorstop. And I paid for it with money from online surveys, so I'm not too bitter about it. I also didn't pay for my Vita out of pocket, but I am a little bitter about that one. Hopefully I'll feel better when I can get my hands on AC Liberation.

[quote name='Octopod']Serious? My wife likes to buy crap from there anyhow. I'll have to check that out.[/QUOTE]
They've been doing this for a couple of years and it's always a fucking mad house there.

[quote name='Gosha']I wonder how many copies they'll get to give out. Not worth it if they only get like 20 or so.[/QUOTE]
If it's anything like previous years, it very much won't be worth it. I believe our store had something like 8 to 10 and they were spoken for hours before the store opened.

[quote name='spauldingfan']First in line, they hand out wristbands and keep the game behind the counter till checkout. Also those returning to gamestop remember to take off the old navy sticker covering the original UPC. Ran into that problem when they gave out dance central.[/QUOTE]
Just take the disc out. Problem solved.

[quote name='therealdanhill']My wife said she wants to do the Old Navy deal, I know it's early, but would anyone say, in the case of a midnight opening, showing up at 10pm would be good enough?[/QUOTE]
Previously, our store opened at 2 AM, I believe, and there were already a few hundred people in line by 10 PM (their opening time was different, I think, because it operates out of a mall). But based on my experiences, I think most of these people had no idea that a game was involved.

[quote name='lwh1993']Stupid question, but I pre-ordered the Black Wii U at Gamestop. Do I have to pick it up right away or is their a deadline?[/QUOTE]

My receipt says "Upcoming release products will be held for 48 hours after release". You're probably better of picking it ASAP, so you can't get boned though. I'll be in front of Best Buy to get my first choice console there, but if they pull some shit, I'm running over to GS ASAP so I can't get boned there either.

Yeah, they should hold the preorder for 2 days. But with something as hot as this, there's always a chance it could get released just a bit earlier by mistake.

I plan on getting there (Gamestop) by noonish to get mine. I don't think I have to line up before they open, but I don't want to let it sit for too long either. I might as well make a lunch trip out of it, and maybe hit up Costco and Target too (for other stuff, not the Wii U).

[quote name='icpmattj']You can search at the link below to see if any of the Wii U kiosks are near you.

http://www.nintendo.com/wiiu/events[/QUOTE]

I can tell you right now it is not accurate. It is missing the one at my closest Gamestop which has been there for at least a week if not longer. And unlike the Target ones, it actually has a playable demo!

Actually, it is missing the one I saw at Target too. Within 20 miles of me all it shows is 1 Best Buy and 2 Gamestops. There is a much closer Best Buy and several more Target and Gamestop stores not being shown (and 2 of those I know for sure have them). But, yeah, I suppose it is a starting point in any case. But with it missing so many places I wouldn't use it as the sole guide (if I felt inclined to go visit one it would have me driving 20 miles further than I'd need to).

Do all GS, Target, and Best Buy stores have them at this point?

[quote name='io']Do all GS, Target, and Best Buy stores have them at this point?[/QUOTE]

I was in my local Target yesterday and they did not have one.

Just to reiterate, if anyone has multiple preorders in Southern/Central New Jersey, please let me know! (I hope this isn't against the site's rules. I am not entirely sure)

[quote name='Esmith08']Wow, this hurricane is really screwing me! No Best Buys or Target are opened around here.[/QUOTE]

Yikes. Priorities man. It doesn't work without electricity lol

Saw my wii U today. I told the Walmart layaway chick I wanted to make sure I was not screwed for paying it off. I read on another forum about their layaway screwing up orders that get paid up early. Anyway she found my name in the folder and went back and took a pic on her phone and showed me mine with my named receipt on it. Customer service at Walmart? They had 3 total wii U's so far.

[quote name='jedi0077']Saw my wii U today. I told the Walmart layaway chick I wanted to make sure I was not screwed for paying it off. I read on another forum about their layaway screwing up orders that get paid up early. Anyway she found my name in the folder and went back and took a pic on her phone and showed me mine with my named receipt on it. Customer service at Walmart? They had 3 total wii U's so far.[/QUOTE]

I want to see mine now! Hahaha I wonder if GS got theirs yet.

[quote name='advanced']My receipt says "Upcoming release products will be held for 48 hours after release". You're probably better of picking it ASAP, so you can't get boned though. I'll be in front of Best Buy to get my first choice console there, but if they pull some shit, I'm running over to GS ASAP so I can't get boned there either.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I'm not 100% sure I really want it, but i'm sure my 7 year old would like it as a Father Son Xmas gift. I'm assuming I can return it within 30 days if I change my mind.

[quote name='jedi0077']Saw my wii U today. I told the Walmart layaway chick I wanted to make sure I was not screwed for paying it off. I read on another forum about their layaway screwing up orders that get paid up early. Anyway she found my name in the folder and went back and took a pic on her phone and showed me mine with my named receipt on it. Customer service at Walmart? They had 3 total wii U's so far.[/QUOTE]

shoulda slipped her 20 bucks and she prolly woulda let u buy it

Like a picture of the actual Wii U?

Also, don't know if I should get mine right now at launch or save it for Christmas seeing as it's layaway.

Extra money in the pockets wouldn't be such a bad idea.

[quote name='jedi0077']I read on another forum about their layaway screwing up orders that get paid up early.[/QUOTE]You can pay off everything except for a penny, and the associates are instructed to leave at least a penny on the layaway account. As long as you don't pay off that last penny (which they shouldn't let you do in the first place), you should be fine.

[quote name='madcatz1999']You can pay off everything except for a penny, and the associates are instructed to leave at least a penny on the layaway account. As long as you don't pay off that last penny (which they shouldn't let you do in the first place), you should be fine.[/QUOTE]

He already paid it off though.

[quote name='coolflea216']i don't know where you live but in my neck of the woods they couldn't be found for over a year.[/QUOTE]

Ditto.

[quote name='lwh1993']Thanks, I'm not 100% sure I really want it, but i'm sure my 7 year old would like it as a Father Son Xmas gift. I'm assuming I can return it within 30 days if I change my mind.[/QUOTE]

The holiday return period should be in effect by then, if it is, you'd have until Jan. 15th to return it.

[quote name='io']Yeah, they should hold the preorder for 2 days. But with something as hot as this, there's always a chance it could get released just a bit earlier by mistake.[/QUOTE]
When Diablo III came out, the guys at my local Gamestop were chomping at the bit to sell my Collector's Edition to somebody else. It was sitting on the shelf on display behind the counter with my receipt taped to it, versus in a case or under a register.

When I asked them about it, they said, "Well, we weren't sure if you were going to come in and claim it." This was the day of release. I'm sorry if I'm just not cool enough to come to your midnight release, bro.

My advice: pick it up the day of, or at least call the GameStop and let them know you're coming the next day. Have them tape a note to it that says, "DO NOT SELL" or some such. I don't know. I feel like they're not going to try very hard to keep it there for you.

[quote name='shrinky215']The holiday return period should be in effect by then, if it is, you'd have until Jan. 15th to return it.[/QUOTE]

Is Walmart doing this, or just Best Buy?

[quote name='Renaissance 2K']
My advice: pick it up the day of, or at least call the GameStop and let them know you're coming the next day. Have them tape a note to it that says, "DO NOT SELL" or some such. I don't know. I feel like they're not going to try very hard to keep it there for you.[/QUOTE]

This. The longer your system sits in a backroom. The better chance there is of an accident happening. If some soccer mom comes in ready to burn the store down, I wouldn't be surprised if the clerk pulled a random system from the sold pile. Never assume that your system is there, even if it is paid off.

[quote name='icpmattj']You can search at the link below to see if any of the Wii U kiosks are near you.

http://www.nintendo.com/wiiu/events[/QUOTE]
Well, that explains why I haven't seen the damn thing yet. I don't know how accurate it is, but according to that page, there is only ONE kiosk in my entire county. And that one copy just happens to be at our Best Buy, which means I'm not going to bother. Their aisles can only accommodate one person walking through at a time and there is always a super long wait for the game demos for the old consoles. There's no way it's worth the hassle of dealing with cramped quarters, annoying kids, rude assholes, and employees that bug you every five minutes. Besides, I kinda wanted to wait until actually getting it home anyway; it's more exciting that way.

[quote name='Renaissance 2K']When Diablo III came out, the guys at my local Gamestop were chomping at the bit to sell my Collector's Edition to somebody else. It was sitting on the shelf on display behind the counter with my receipt taped to it, versus in a case or under a register.

When I asked them about it, they said, "Well, we weren't sure if you were going to come in and claim it." This was the day of release. I'm sorry if I'm just not cool enough to come to your midnight release, bro.

My advice: pick it up the day of, or at least call the GameStop and let them know you're coming the next day. Have them tape a note to it that says, "DO NOT SELL" or some such. I don't know. I feel like they're not going to try very hard to keep it there for you.[/QUOTE]
That sounds about right. Other stores will do it too, but GameStop seems especially bad about it. You can't even make a site-to-store order and trust that your game will be held long enough for you to drive over there.

Hsn.com currently has both black and white wii u bundles (everything normally included plus a headset) for 499 and 449 respectively (4 flex pays of 124 or 112). Thought I'd post it here since they only do 50 second presentations on tv. Figured there'd still be other people looking for a preorder. Got lucky yesterday (ordered deluxe before it aired on tv).

I heard Nintendo was supposedly flipping the switch on some new demos this week. As of Saturday, my Best Buy only had the Rayman demo (weird, seeing that it's not even a launch title anymore). Anyone know anything about them enabling demos of Mario or ZombiU?

[quote name='advanced']ZombiU probably won't get a demo in stores. Someone explained it a while back, but basically, it's to protect minors.[/QUOTE]

Makes sense. I'd still like to get my hands on Mario, NintendoLand, and a bunch of the other launch titles, though. I think Rayman was a poor choice. I watched a bunch of kids play the demo for a while and they all got frustrated and left. Kids these days aren't used to playing sidescrollers...

Have a quick question, i just bought 3 of those pre-sale card at targets last night, I have to pay $5 for each card.

First, does it limits to two unit per person? if it does i might have to bring somone with me.
Second, the guy at check out told me i can go any target to "claim/buy" my Wii U on release day, is that correct??
Third, do i need my receipt to buy it?

thanks

P.S. Anyone hear any update on the pre-order from bestbuy yet?

So... I get a call from Chase Fraud Protection about the charge from Walmart. Apparently they declined authorization for me and I had to have a 3-way call with a rep from Chase and Walmart.

Basically my pre-order is cancelled because they can't re-process that order, only place a new one. And seeing how it's sold out, I'm fucked.

The hell is this shit. Order placed on 9/16 and their broken ass pre-order system screws me out of my system.

[quote name='leung19']Have a quick question, i just bought 3 of those pre-sale card at targets last night, I have to pay $5 for each card.

First, does it limits to two unit per person? if it does i might have to bring somone with me.
Second, the guy at check out told me i can go any target to "claim/buy" my Wii U on release day, is that correct??

thanks

P.S. Anyone hear any update on the pre-order from bestbuy yet?[/QUOTE]

You should only be able to redeem your reservation card at the Target where you purchased your preorder. That's just my common sense talking, though.

Not sure if you need a receipt or just the card.

I wish that things could be copied, rather than transferred, from wii to Wii u. I'd like to transfer my miis but I don't want them all removed from my wii. Looks like I'll be making them over again.

[quote name='Drclaw411']I wish that things could be copied, rather than transferred, from wii to Wii u. I'd like to transfer my miis but I don't want them all removed from my wii. Looks like I'll be making them over again.[/QUOTE]

I know. That's the exact reason I'm not going to bother transferring my data. I only bought a handful of games from the Wii Shop. The only one's I'll really miss are Super Metroid and Dr. Mario. Besides, my Wii is hacked with the homebrew channel so I can backup Wii games for Dolphin. I really don't want to unhack it and I'm doubting that the transfer would work with the homebrew channel installed...

[quote name='HydroX']You should only be able to redeem your reservation card at the Target where you purchased your preorder. That's just my common sense talking, though.

Not sure if you need a receipt or just the card.[/QUOTE]

Well that is what i'm thinking too, but the stupid check out guy told me i can go any target

Finally got my hands on one of the demo Wii U units at a GS yesterday, and I do have to say, I'm pretty impressed. The demo of Rayman really was gorgeous, and surprisingly to me, the tablet controller felt pretty awesome. That being said, my hands are pretty large, so I've always preferred bigger controllers (the OG Xbox controller was always one of my favorites, while a lot of people always complained about how large it was).

[quote name='PrinnyOtaku']So... I get a call from Chase Fraud Protection about the charge from Walmart. Apparently they declined authorization for me and I had to have a 3-way call with a rep from Chase and Walmart.

Basically my pre-order is cancelled because they can't re-process that order, only place a new one. And seeing how it's sold out, I'm fucked.

The hell is this shit. Order placed on 9/16 and their broken ass pre-order system screws me out of my system.[/QUOTE]

I would rip Chase a new one. Make them send out a rep to wait in line 12 hours for you to fix their mistake.

That's so retarded.

[quote name='jedi0077']So the wiius in the kiosks are wireless and the big N can activate demos from headquarters? That's pretty epic.[/QUOTE]

Yeah more will be activated soon

Apparently my target has a kiosk. Debating wether to check it out or experience on launch. 12 days isnt much

I was disappointed to find out that the WalMart on Almaden in San Jose WONT be having a midnight launch. (In fact they werent even 100% sure theyll have them in the store on release day...)

edit: I have mine on layaway...so I was angry when they said they may not have em in on release day...

I had an email stating that my Wii U ship date was sooner than what it said before and should arrive by nov 26. I'm getting pretty excited for this thing now after reading all the positive first impressions. It will be nice to finally have an HD nintendo console sharing my entertainment system with 360 and PS3.

[quote name='arsenalcrazy8']I was disappointed to find out that the WalMart on Almaden in San Jose WONT be having a midnight launch. (In fact they werent even 100% sure theyll have them in the store on release day...)[/QUOTE]
I don't think anyone's heard any news about ANY Walmart having non-preordered consoles in stock on release day. Not saying they will or won't, but don't think anyone's actually been told yet.

[quote name='madcatz1999']I don't think anyone's heard any news about ANY Walmart having non-preordered consoles in stock on release day. Not saying they will or won't, but don't think anyone's actually been told yet.[/QUOTE]

They've only been doing layaway for the deluxe systems, so I've been assuming that they've been saving their basic models for walk up customers on launch day. I doubt you'll find any deluxe models, though.

[quote name='leung19']Have a quick question, i just bought 3 of those pre-sale card at targets last night, I have to pay $5 for each card.

thanks

P.S. Anyone hear any update on the pre-order from bestbuy yet?[/QUOTE]

first most targets are doing 1 per person so you might need three total people.

2nd you can use your card at other targets but not to get a preordered one only to get the giftcard towards a non preorderd one since that store is only holding 5 of each version for the people that preordered there. thats how it works with games but they will be more strict since its a console.

3rd. most likely to prove you preordered at that target to pick it up. my store is

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back