Not open for further replies.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
iconamazon.gif
Amazon
Consoles* Amazon did not take preorders, see note.
Games

iconbestbuy.gif
Best Buy
Consoles Both models sold out online & in store
Games

icongs_r1.gif
Gamestop
Games

icontoysrus_r1.gif
Toys R Us
Games

icontarget.gif
Target
Games

iconwalmart_r3.gif
Walmart
Consoles
Wii U Bundle Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Wii U Deluxe Sold out online & in store
Wii U Basic Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Games

Sears
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken

kmart.gif
Kmart
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in-store pre-orders were not taken

newegg.gif
Newegg
Deluxe Bundle Bundled with New Super Mario Bros U, Black Ops 2, and Zombi U-Out of Stock
Games

iconplayasia.gif
Play-Asia
Consoles/Games Reservation List Only for NTSC Basic & Deluxe models

Fry's Electronics
Consoles Both models sold out online
Games

Staples
Games

J&R
Consoles Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location.
Games

Nebraska Furniture Mart
Accessories
Games

:hot:Nintendo World Store
Consoles: Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location in NYC.

Notes:

• Newegg, as of now (Friday before launch) is selling the deluxe console as a bundle only. It is listed for immediate shipping, not as a pre-order.

• *Amazon email sent out to those who signed up for Wii U pre-order notification:
Dear Amazon.com Customer,

Thank for you signing up to be notified when the Wii U is available.
Unfortunately the Wii U console is not available at Amazon.com at this time but please check back in the future, as availability may change. We do have the latest Wii U games and accessories available now so check them out. Thank you for shopping with Amazon Video Games.
System Information

YWbCj.png

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Octopod']You can just print out a custom cover and get an extra case to make your own.[/QUOTE]

Where does one get a blue DVD case?

[quote name='Drclaw411']Where does one get a blue DVD case?[/QUOTE]

I imagine, eventually, there will be replacement cases just like BR/HDDVD/360/PS3/Wii cases.

Pre-Ordered from BestBuy.com the same day they started taking pre-orders. Has anyone else gotten past the "Order In Process" stage? Should I be worried? Lol They still hold the funds on my card every couple of days so I should be ok right? I am #7 at Wallmart also but the lady that did the layaway told me there were no guarantees! Lol

Any thoughts?

[quote name='MadMoneyMan']Pre-Ordered from BestBuy.com the same day they started taking pre-orders. Has anyone else gotten past the "Order In Process" stage? Should I be worried? Lol They still hold the funds on my card every couple of days so I should be ok right? I am #7 at Wallmart also but the lady that did the layaway told me there were no guarantees! Lol

Any thoughts?[/QUOTE]

Just checked mine and says in process as well. My store is doing a midnight release and the guy I asked today told me to come in at midnight and he would get me my wii-u with just my email order. I asked if he was sure and he told me twice just to come in.

[quote name='MadMoneyMan']Pre-Ordered from BestBuy.com the same day they started taking pre-orders. Has anyone else gotten past the "Order In Process" stage? Should I be worried? Lol They still hold the funds on my card every couple of days so I should be ok right? I am #7 at Wallmart also but the lady that did the layaway told me there were no guarantees! Lol

Any thoughts?[/QUOTE]

The lady at Walmart said that? I've talked to two people at my Walmart and they both said it was guaranteed since I've already put money down on it. I asked straight up and they said I have nothing to worry about.

I guess I am going to ask the people at my bestbuy location since I had it ship to the store, I don't think they are doing a midnight launch but I will make sure they will have it for me.

Yeah! It's was kind of crazy at wallmart! She was like "we might only get 3 in" And I told her "well it's better than nothing!" Lol, then when I put one on layaway she looked at me and told me "only one!?" And im like yeah, I actually want to play it not sell it! Lol

I think I might swing by wallmart also to find out what the deal is, thanks for the quick response! Any idea if a 24hr wallmart will sell it at midnight?

I hear that target might still have pre-order cards? No one will really know how rare these things will be till it's released into the wild. As of right now they are sold out almost everywhere...

I wonder when NewEgg is gonna stock 'em.

I had one in my cart when Best Buy opened pre-orders but I hesitated because I was being too much of a cheapass. I knew that getting it from Amazon or NewEgg would save me at least $35 worth of tax so I waited it out.

Ah well.

I live in Mass but only 5 minutes from a busy shopping area in Salem, NH so I just make all of my physical purchases there where there is no sales tax. So my two Wii U pre-orders were tax free. Anyhow, Walmart told me that my pre-order was guaranteed and that that store was having a midnight launch. I'm pretty excited for the 17th. I'll get there a couple hours early anyway just in case there is a line to make sure they don't sell mine to someone else.

[quote name='Drclaw411']I wish that things could be copied, rather than transferred, from wii to Wii u. I'd like to transfer my miis but I don't want them all removed from my wii. Looks like I'll be making them over again.[/QUOTE]
You can save Miis to your remote, but I don't remember if that removes them from the console or not. It might.

If you have a Bluetooth adapter for your PC, this is a handy option:
http://wiihacks.blogspot.com/2006/12/howto-transfer-mii-from-your-wii-using.html

Or if you install homebrew on your Wii, you can install an app to backup your Mii data to an SD card.

And I can't remember how it works exactly, but I believe you can use the Check Mii Out channel to backup your Miis. Just make sure you backup the save data.

[quote name='ZombieToast']You can save Miis to your remote, but I don't remember if that removes them from the console or not. It might.

If you have a Bluetooth adapter for your PC, this is a handy option:
http://wiihacks.blogspot.com/2006/12/howto-transfer-mii-from-your-wii-using.html

Or if you install homebrew on your Wii, you can install an app to backup your Mii data to an SD card.

And I can't remember how it works exactly, but I believe you can use the Check Mii Out channel to backup your Miis. Just make sure you backup the save data.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the tips!

I wonder what % of the sold out preorders are for doubles people are planning to sell on Ebay? I'm half imagining Ebay flooded with with a glut of Wii U consoles on the 18th. (But then, they are all sold out, so maybe they'll still actually go for more than base price + tax + shipping + Ebay and Paypal fees.)

Huh... I just noticed that NSMBU is now listed on Amazon as "Sign Up To Be Notified When This Item Becomes Available". I have to wonder if there's an issue, or Amazon actually sold through their allotment. If it's the latter, then... wow.

[quote name='maximumzero']I wonder when NewEgg is gonna stock 'em.

I had one in my cart when Best Buy opened pre-orders but I hesitated because I was being too much of a cheapass. I knew that getting it from Amazon or NewEgg would save me at least $35 worth of tax so I waited it out.

Ah well.[/QUOTE]

lol. I am on the same boat. I had quite a few chances, the most recent being on Target when someone posted a link on Target mobile here @ CAG, but I'd still rather save the $35.

Get a target red card, even the debit card gives you 5% off and free shipping. It was the best DEAL so far at $352 shipped including 6% tax.

No mention of the WiiU in Best Buy's ad. Looks like launch systems may be the only ones before Christmas (although I would bet there is one Saturday in Dec. they might advertise). Seems bullish for those looking to flip.

Club Nintendo members, be sure to fill out the pre-purchase surveys for 10 extra rewards coins, ends November 11:
  • Nintendo Land
  • Ninja Gaiden 3
  • New Super Mario Bros U
  • SiNG PARTY

[quote name='KanYozakura']Club Nintendo members, be sure to fill out the pre-purchase surveys for 10 extra rewards coins, ends November 11:
  • Nintendo Land
  • Ninja Gaiden 3
  • New Super Mario Bros U
  • SiNG PARTY
[/QUOTE]

Thank you for the heads up!

[quote name='Crimson Mist']lol. I am on the same boat. I had quite a few chances, the most recent being on Target when someone posted a link on Target mobile here @ CAG, but I'd still rather save the $35.[/QUOTE]

Again with Target, I noticed that link right before I left my home for work, but by the time I got to work the offer was dead. :cry:

I guess if you haven't managed to score a pre-order at this point and if you don't plan on going through a scalper, you're boned until sometime next year?

[quote name='KanYozakura']Club Nintendo members, be sure to fill out the pre-purchase surveys for 10 extra rewards coins, ends November 11:
  • Nintendo Land
  • Ninja Gaiden 3
  • New Super Mario Bros U
  • SiNG PARTY
[/QUOTE]

I wonder if the bundled copy of Nintendo Land will have a code. I guess it depends on if they throw a cased copy in there or if it's in a cardboard sleeve.

For some reason I always procrastinate on preorders and I am left at the last minute trying to find one. Same issue here. Sad thing is I have more than enough credit at Gamestop to cover the system, just no available preorders. :(

[quote name='theflicker']I wonder if the bundled copy of Nintendo Land will have a code. I guess it depends on if they throw a cased copy in there or if it's in a cardboard sleeve.[/QUOTE]

Yea it should. The pack in games for Wii had their own codes.

[quote name='hoofrog']For some reason I always procrastinate on preorders and I am left at the last minute trying to find one. Same issue here. Sad thing is I have more than enough credit at Gamestop to cover the system, just no available preorders. :([/QUOTE]

I wish there was an online retailer that would just take endless Pre-Orders. I honestly don't care if it didn't get fulfilled until Februrary, I just would love to have my name on a list that, when consoles are available, then send me one. Just make it first-come-first-serve.

[quote name='musha666']Yea it should. The pack in games for Wii had their own codes.[/QUOTE]
The copy of Mario Kart Wii that was included with some black Wii bundles contained a unified code that covered both the console and the game for some celestial amount of points. (You can then turn around and also use the code for a standard Wii console and a standard copy of Mario Kart Wii, which was nice.) The Zelda 3DS bundle, however, switched to separate codes for each.

I'm wondering how they'll handle the digital copies of games. Can you register both a digital copy and a physical copy of New Super Mario. Bros 2?

[quote name='maximumzero']I wish there was an online retailer that would just take endless Pre-Orders. I honestly don't care if it didn't get fulfilled until Februrary, I just would love to have my name on a list that, when consoles are available, then send me one. Just make it first-come-first-serve.[/QUOTE]
If you're a Gamestop rewards plus member (or whatever they call it), you can put your name on a list. They'll email you when it's available, and you'll have 48 hours to to order it.

[quote name='madcatz1999']If you're a Gamestop rewards plus member (or whatever they call it), you can put your name on a list. They'll email you when it's available, and you'll have 48 hours to to order it.[/QUOTE]

I'm not a member of such a program as I don't do much shopping at Gamestop, and I definitely don't do used shopping.

[quote name='madcatz1999']If you're a Gamestop rewards plus member (or whatever they call it), you can put your name on a list. They'll email you when it's available, and you'll have 48 hours to to order it.[/QUOTE]

I did get that e-mail, but as I said, procrastinated on it. I called Gamestop earlier this week and they said they are no longer taking names for that list. So was that incorrect?

I'll probably do what I did last time when the Xbox came out and go to Target before they open a few times a week to see if they got any in. Was able to get 6 360's last time and hoping I can have the same luck now that I'm in a different area. Hope the demand is actually out there for this console for the holiday season.

I wonder if Nintendoland will be a download game on the deluxe, or if you get a disc. I'm thinking it's a download (probably pre-installed). There was no sign that I saw of a disc in the Deluxe unboxing.

Sadly, the video was of the Japanese release and didn't have the game included. I am super-stoked for the 18th now though!!!!

[quote name='crunchewy']I wonder if Nintendoland will be a download game on the deluxe, or if you get a disc. I'm thinking it's a download (probably pre-installed). There was no sign that I saw of a disc in the Deluxe unboxing.[/QUOTE]

I can actually imagine them doing this. If half of my storage is taken up by a copy of Nintendoland that I can't remove due to me needing to download it again, I'm going to be kind of upset.

Edit: Thinking on it now, that probably makes the most sense. It's cheap, and it'll prevent a massive used market from appearing like with Kinect Adventures. I hope this isn't the case though.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='crunchewy']I wonder if Nintendoland will be a download game on the deluxe, or if you get a disc. I'm thinking it's a download (probably pre-installed). There was no sign that I saw of a disc in the Deluxe unboxing.[/QUOTE]

If you notice the box in the unavailing did not have a picture of Nintendoland on it like the US one does. It also says at the end that the UK one is also bundled with a sensor bar and Nintendoland. The same will be true for the US version.
iGN will be doing an unboxing of the US version in 15 min

No direct link to the video yet but you should be able to go here and find it at 10 am Pst

http://www.ign.com/wii-u

anyone think that the street date will be broken anywhere? i've heard of some places already having them in storage.

[quote name='madcatz1999']No idea. But the page is still up on their website:
http://www.gamestop.com/mrkt/landing/wiiuwait/[/QUOTE]

I have several Gamestops all within 5 miles of each other. I assume like preorders, each list is specific to each store. I guess I need to go to each location and join their list? Either way it is worth a trip to one on the way home. Thanks for the link btw.

Somewhere in this thread, somebody pasted an e-mail from Nintendo Support saying that the game will be on-disc.

So stoked that it's in a case. I'm really happy about that actually. Sucks that it doesn't include Club Nintendo points, but I'd honestly rather have the case.

[quote name='advanced']So stoked that it's in a case. I'm really happy about that actually. Sucks that it doesn't include Club Nintendo points, but I'd honestly rather have the case.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I wanted the points too but oh well, id much prefer a case to a cardboard sleeve.

Found this kind of odd and wasn't sure if its worth sharing. I had preordered Black Ops II for Wii U on Amazon (got my Wii U preordered at Target so hopefully it falls through). Got an email saying the release date has changed. My order status now says shipping soon with an ETA of the 10th. So I'll have the game earlier than everyone else for a system that comes out later... Also preordered Super Mario U but there's no change to that one (ETA 21st).

Any news on how Wal-Mart is handing midnight buyers? Since the entire itself can't close, do people have to wait outside or in an area of electronics or what? I've never done this before.

[quote name='hoofrog']I did get that e-mail, but as I said, procrastinated on it. I called Gamestop earlier this week and they said they are no longer taking names for that list. So was that incorrect?[/QUOTE]

They have names until march and are no longer taking names

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back