Not open for further replies.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
iconamazon.gif
Amazon
Consoles* Amazon did not take preorders, see note.
Games

iconbestbuy.gif
Best Buy
Consoles Both models sold out online & in store
Games

icongs_r1.gif
Gamestop
Games

icontoysrus_r1.gif
Toys R Us
Games

icontarget.gif
Target
Games

iconwalmart_r3.gif
Walmart
Consoles
Wii U Bundle Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Wii U Deluxe Sold out online & in store
Wii U Basic Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Games

Sears
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken

kmart.gif
Kmart
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in-store pre-orders were not taken

newegg.gif
Newegg
Deluxe Bundle Bundled with New Super Mario Bros U, Black Ops 2, and Zombi U-Out of Stock
Games

iconplayasia.gif
Play-Asia
Consoles/Games Reservation List Only for NTSC Basic & Deluxe models

Fry's Electronics
Consoles Both models sold out online
Games

Staples
Games

J&R
Consoles Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location.
Games

Nebraska Furniture Mart
Accessories
Games

:hot:Nintendo World Store
Consoles: Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location in NYC.

Notes:

• Newegg, as of now (Friday before launch) is selling the deluxe console as a bundle only. It is listed for immediate shipping, not as a pre-order.

• *Amazon email sent out to those who signed up for Wii U pre-order notification:
Dear Amazon.com Customer,

Thank for you signing up to be notified when the Wii U is available.
Unfortunately the Wii U console is not available at Amazon.com at this time but please check back in the future, as availability may change. We do have the latest Wii U games and accessories available now so check them out. Thank you for shopping with Amazon Video Games.
System Information

YWbCj.png

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='maximumzero']Any news on how Wal-Mart is handing midnight buyers? Since the entire itself can't close, do people have to wait outside or in an area of electronics or what? I've never done this before.[/QUOTE]

Probably form a line at layAway or wander around the store sinc it's gaurenteed, the only people in that line will be preorderes

[quote name='rohitman']Found this kind of odd and wasn't sure if its worth sharing. I had preordered Black Ops II for Wii U on Amazon (got my Wii U preordered at Target so hopefully it falls through). Got an email saying the release date has changed. My order status now says shipping soon with an ETA of the 10th. So I'll have the game earlier than everyone else for a system that comes out later... Also preordered Super Mario U but there's no change to that one (ETA 21st).[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that is strange. I looked at the product page and even though it says November 18, it says if I order in the next 2 hours, i'll have it on Friday. Strange... too bad it's not a game that I want :)

For those still looking for a preorder, I was able to find a deluxe reservation card (last one) at my local Target. I called the past two days with no answer, so I decided to use my lunch to go and check myself. They still had 5 or more of the regular WiiU reservation cards left.

[quote name='Dejaskater']Probably form a line at layAway or wander around the store sinc it's gaurenteed, the only people in that line will be preorderes[/QUOTE]

Wait what? What's guaranteed? Will there be some sort of "take a number" system?

[quote name='maximumzero']Wait what? What's guaranteed? Will there be some sort of "take a number" system?[/QUOTE]

You can pre-order in store through their layaway section if they havent sold out

[quote name='jacknicklson']You can pre-order in store through their layaway section if they havent sold out[/QUOTE]

That ended on November 1st according to Wal-Mart's guidelines, so I waited too long on that.

He probably means that the only people that should be in the layaway line at Walmart are those that acually placed a layaway. If a Walmart has extra systems to sell for non-layaways, I'm assuming the line would be seperate so confusion and anarchy does not ensue. What hasn't been confirmed are how many systems each Walmart will receive (hopefully enough to cover all of the layaways) and what distribution methods will take place (1st to layaway gets 1st dibs, 1st person in line gets 1st dibs, etc.)

[quote name='gordojones88']Here's my new Wii U Nintendo Network ID, add me for a friend!

8763q874688236409-1387j4987139487-23-0987q9873479873[/QUOTE]

And where did you find a Wii U 11 days before release?

[quote name='ral1121']Would it be a bad idea to hold the layaway Wii U until December?[/QUOTE]
If you don't have the money, no; but if you do, I'd say quit being lazy and get your butt to layaway as soon as possible. You don't want them "accidently" selling your Wii U, do you? Why take a chance?

[quote name='juanawoman']If you don't have the money, no; but if you do, I'd say quit being lazy and get your butt to layaway as soon as possible. You don't want them "accidently" selling your Wii U, do you? Why take a chance?[/QUOTE]

What made you think this me of being lazy?

The money is there, but it would be nice to save some up for Black Friday.

It would also be nice to save it up as a Christmas Present for the family.

Might go speak to the Layaway people and make them swear they will not sell mine.

[quote name='ral1121']What made you think this me of being lazy?

The money is there, but it would be nice to save some up for Black Friday.

It would also be nice to save it up as a Christmas Present for the family.

Might go speak to the Layaway people and make them swear they will not sell mine.[/QUOTE]
It was just trying to be funny. :cry:

[quote name='Renaissance 2K']Whoosh.[/QUOTE]

So you posted your overly long "friend code" because you thought it's funny when you in reality have no idea how the system is going to work. Right. Gotcha.

Whoosh.

[quote name='maximumzero']So you posted your overly long "friend code" because you thought it's funny when you in reality have no idea how the system is going to work. Right. Gotcha.

Whoosh.[/QUOTE]
Yeah hahahaha how douchey.

Got the last basic in the town of Rockford, Illinois. Better than nothing I suppose. Been looking for a pre-order for a week now, and found it at Target.

[quote name='free_willy']One Walmart in town told us they would probably only have 7 or 8 of them, another said they owuld probably get about 75[/QUOTE]
Just came back from wallmart, the guy there made it sound like they will be getting a lot of them?! Lol only time will tell, hopefully they get at least 7 of them since I am #7 on the layaway....

There was a guy standing in line in front of me for the Walmart pre-order and when they started taking the pre-orders at six am his girlfriend got out of the car and I didn't think anything about her and him doing their orders at the same time but they got two consoles each and that means mine got pushed back to 5 and 6 even though I should have been 3 and 4. I am not too concerned that they will be able to meet that number though. Maybe I'll go check and see if they have got them in yet to make sure.

Went to my local BB to try out the Wii U demo unit and it's already broken (screen said something about needing a USB key inserted). Hopefully it isn't indicative of a RRoD-like rash of broken consoles.

Considering its probably been abused by the riff raff that goes into a BB, I wouldn't doubt they had something to do it. Only problems I've ever had with a Nintendo product was when I fucked up, not it.

Pro controller doesn't have analog triggers and unless he forgot to mention it doesn't have clickable analog sticks, dpad look mediocre and WHERE IS MY fuckING ETHERNET PORT ON THE CONSOLE!?

[quote name='WingsDJY']Went to my local BB to try out the Wii U demo unit and it's already broken (screen said something about needing a USB key inserted). Hopefully it isn't indicative of a RRoD-like rash of broken consoles.[/QUOTE]

Because if anything Nintendo is known for their faulty hardware. :roll:

[quote name='Smashbro29']Pro controller doesn't have analog triggers and unless he forgot to mention it doesn't have clickable analog sticks, dpad look mediocre and WHERE IS MY fuckING ETHERNET PORT ON THE CONSOLE!?[/QUOTE]

31EYib9DtLL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

[quote name='maximumzero']
31EYib9DtLL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
[/QUOTE]

USB 2.0 speeds are not even close to an ethernet port. NOT EVEN CLOSE!

Fighting games are SCREWED on this thing... AGAIN. God dammit Nintnendo! Consoles should come with wired connections as the only option. Freaking wireless nonsense.

[quote name='Smashbro29']USB 2.0 speeds are not even close to an ethernet port. NOT EVEN CLOSE!

Fighting games are SCREWED on this thing... AGAIN. God dammit Nintnendo! Consoles should come with wired connections as the only option. Freaking wireless nonsense.[/QUOTE]

3rotzc.jpg

[quote name='Smashbro29']USB 2.0 speeds are not even close to an ethernet port. NOT EVEN CLOSE!

Fighting games are SCREWED on this thing... AGAIN. God dammit Nintnendo! Consoles should come with wired connections as the only option. Freaking wireless nonsense.[/QUOTE]

Now this may be a case of me not knowing what the fuck I'm talking about...but considering that USB 2.0 is 480 megabits per second and my internet connection at home is roughly 3 megabits per second....yeah, USB 2.0 is many, many more times faster than my internet speed.

[quote name='maximumzero']Now this may be a case of me not knowing what the fuck I'm talking about...but considering that USB 2.0 is 480 megabits per second and my internet connection at home is roughly 3 megabits per second....yeah, USB 2.0 is many, many more times faster than my internet speed.[/QUOTE]

USB 2.0 works in bursts, so 480 Mb/s isn't really a consistent speed, but even at its normal operating speeds, you are very right that USB 2.0 is far faster than a normal consumer's internet.

wireless isnt too bad man, get a decent speed internet service and a dual band wireless N router and you are good to go. I would still prefer wired but wireless isnt awful.

Yesterday, since a buddy of mine and I both had the day off, we decided to go to best buy to try the console. I was blown away by the graphics on Rayman. It was the only playable demo, but it was REALLY good. It had a timer on it...you could only play for 10 minutes before the demo automatically ended. We played co-op as well as solo. Two very unique experiences. Co-op especially was quite revolutionary and was very successfully built for the wii u. This might just be the hype talking, but I am extremely excited about this console. I can't place my finger on it, but something about playing it (and maybe it's just because I really enjoyed Rayman) made me feel like this could be the next PS2. It was weird...for the hour or so we spent with it (kept re-starting the demo and also watched all the videos), it was my favorite console. I know that sounds odd, and it's a bit hard to explain.

It also might have been the controller. It felt SO comfortable in my hands. It "fit". The cord that connected it to the display kiosk felt heavier than the controller itself. It was really something. I will say the graphics on the videos for some of the first party games looked a bit less than I was hoping for. But just the way the thing felt...it was awesome.

While we were there, we kind of turned best buy into an arcade. We played several matches of PSASBR, which felt damn near exactly like smash bros brawl. There were a few differences (the camera doesn't zoom and it seems only 4 player matches are allowed, if there are less than four players playing, the CPU plays. At lest that's how it worked in the demo). It also felt a bit more difficult to follow what was happening in the match than it does in Smash. We also played a couple full games of 2k13 on 360, and played one game of Mario Super Sluggers which is for some reason still being demoed there.

It was a lot of fun. I hadn't gone to a store just to play the kiosks in about 18 years, lol.

One more thing about Rayman: the way this game controls alone...it could be game of the year. The platforming is wonderful. The control with the gamepad is executed beautifully. And honestly, it the co-op wiimote/nunchuck controls feel more natural than the controls on a lot of Wii games. I'm disappointed it's not a launch title.

Shocked the Best Buy I pre-ordered from only took 25 pre-orders for Deluxe. Said they will be getting more then 25 in store because they actually undercut their pre-orders to make sure they would have enough.

[quote name='advanced']Considering its probably been abused by the riff raff that goes into a BB, I wouldn't doubt they had something to do it. Only problems I've ever had with a Nintendo product was when I fucked up, not it.[/QUOTE]

Been playing nintendo since the NES came out, and have NEVER had any problems, still using a launch week Wii as we speak ....

[quote name='BackInBlack']Would this work with the wii u?
If i can save myself from getting that converter that'd be swell.

http://www.focusattack.com/13-foot-black-usb-to-rj45-cable/[/QUOTE]

..... No. Did you even read the description for it?
Available at a great price, this 13 foot USB to RJ45 cable interfaces with Akishop PS360+ Multi-Console Joystick PCB. You can also interface with the Toodles Cthulhu Multi-Console PCB by removing the RJ45 jack and connecting the individual wires to the PCB, or use in conjunction with the Toodles Imp V2 Dual Control PCB and soldered-on RJ45 Jack PCB Mount. For use within Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) and Microsoft XBOX360 consoles

It's not for internet, it's for a controller board the FGC uses.

[quote name='Smashbro29']Pro controller doesn't have analog triggers and unless he forgot to mention it doesn't have clickable analog sticks, dpad look mediocre and WHERE IS MY fuckING ETHERNET PORT ON THE CONSOLE!?[/QUOTE]
Damn, I was going to get one of the pro controllers for black ops 2, but without clickable analog sticks....

[quote name='maximumzero']I'm not a member of such a program as I don't do much shopping at Gamestop, and I definitely don't do used shopping.[/QUOTE]
They sell new games too.

[quote name='Ag_SurfR']i'm disappointed there wasn't any gameplay today. maybe some time later this week.[/QUOTE]
Everything is still under embargo. Ninja Gaiden will be the first one you see anything for. And then reviews/videos for the other games will start trickling out a few days later. I know it's silly because we've already seen footage at various events, but that's how most publishers work. But everything will start showing up very soon...and who knows, maybe someone will break embargo. Luckily for me, I don't have to wait. In other words: nanny nanny boo boo.

[quote name='free_willy']One Walmart in town told us they would probably only have 7 or 8 of them, another said they owuld probably get about 75[/QUOTE]
When I went to preorder another console, they told me that there isn't a limit. I think it's best to not listen to anything they say.

[quote name='gordojones88']Here's my new Wii U Nintendo Network ID, add me for a friend!

8763q874688236409-1387j4987139487-23-0987q9873479873[/QUOTE]
Har har!

[quote name='spauldingfan']Damn, I was going to get one of the pro controllers for black ops 2, but without clickable analog sticks....[/QUOTE]
The GamePad has them, so I can't imagine why they wouldn't be on the Pro. But I'm not bothering with the Pro anyway, so it doesn't make a difference to me.

[quote name='spauldingfan']Damn, I was going to get one of the pro controllers for black ops 2, but without clickable analog sticks....[/QUOTE]
The sticks are both clickable, both on the Gamepad and the Wii U Pro controller.

[quote name='Smashbro29']Pro controller doesn't have analog triggers and unless he forgot to mention it doesn't have clickable analog sticks.[/QUOTE]

I may not be completely sure of what I saw, but I think he clicked the analog sticks on the pro controller in and said something like "and two clicks here".

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back