Not open for further replies.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
iconamazon.gif
Amazon
Consoles* Amazon did not take preorders, see note.
Games

iconbestbuy.gif
Best Buy
Consoles Both models sold out online & in store
Games

icongs_r1.gif
Gamestop
Games

icontoysrus_r1.gif
Toys R Us
Games

icontarget.gif
Target
Games

iconwalmart_r3.gif
Walmart
Consoles
Wii U Bundle Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Wii U Deluxe Sold out online & in store
Wii U Basic Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Games

Sears
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken

kmart.gif
Kmart
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in-store pre-orders were not taken

newegg.gif
Newegg
Deluxe Bundle Bundled with New Super Mario Bros U, Black Ops 2, and Zombi U-Out of Stock
Games

iconplayasia.gif
Play-Asia
Consoles/Games Reservation List Only for NTSC Basic & Deluxe models

Fry's Electronics
Consoles Both models sold out online
Games

Staples
Games

J&R
Consoles Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location.
Games

Nebraska Furniture Mart
Accessories
Games

:hot:Nintendo World Store
Consoles: Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location in NYC.

Notes:

• Newegg, as of now (Friday before launch) is selling the deluxe console as a bundle only. It is listed for immediate shipping, not as a pre-order.

• *Amazon email sent out to those who signed up for Wii U pre-order notification:
Dear Amazon.com Customer,

Thank for you signing up to be notified when the Wii U is available.
Unfortunately the Wii U console is not available at Amazon.com at this time but please check back in the future, as availability may change. We do have the latest Wii U games and accessories available now so check them out. Thank you for shopping with Amazon Video Games.
System Information

YWbCj.png

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='metsfan1545d']only thing im worried about with my wii u preorder at target is they never took any type of name or anything

are they just gonna randomly hold all the consoles they sold cards for?[/QUOTE]

They know the numbers of each version they sold pre-order cards for. That number will be held back. The only thing that I wonder is if someone lifted one and I don't think there is a way to tell.

[quote name='Rumors']Is bestbuy going to have units for those willing to camp?[/QUOTE]

The one near me said yes they will because they undersold their allotment. Not sure if its company wide or just that store though.

[quote name='Deader2818']The one near me said yes they will because they undersold their allotment. Not sure if its company wide or just that store though.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, ill ask my local store Tuesday, ill camp Saturday into Sunday I'm thinking.

[quote name='Deader2818']The one near me said yes they will because they undersold their allotment. Not sure if its company wide or just that store though.[/QUOTE]

Anyone have a source for best buy underselling? I highly doubt they undersold but then again I could be wrong.

[quote name='Rumors']Thanks, ill ask my local store Tuesday, ill camp Saturday into Sunday I'm thinking.[/QUOTE]

This is VP of sales and marketing for Nintendo, published today:

Quote:
We want product to be available on day one in stores throughout the country. If you line up or get there early, you should be able to get product on day one. GameStop has not sold all of their day one allocation. They’ve sold what they were making available for pre-sales. Those are two different numbers.

Quote:
We have said that we’ll have more Wii U units on store shelves in week one than we did for Wii in 2006. (...) Having said that, though, we’re guessing there could be shortages. It won’t be there every day. Shipments coming in each week could sell very quickly.

I think in most areas you will be fine if you're going for a basic system, but of course you never know until it hits.

[quote name='Slowdance']This is VP of sales and marketing for Nintendo, published today:

Quote:
We want product to be available on day one in stores throughout the country. If you line up or get there early, you should be able to get product on day one. GameStop has not sold all of their day one allocation. They’ve sold what they were making available for pre-sales. Those are two different numbers.

Quote:
We have said that we’ll have more Wii U units on store shelves in week one than we did for Wii in 2006. (...) Having said that, though, we’re guessing there could be shortages. It won’t be there every day. Shipments coming in each week could sell very quickly.

I think in most areas you will be fine if you're going for a basic system, but of course you never know until it hits.[/QUOTE]

cool. thanks for the info.

[quote name='GizmoGC']Huh?

Who do you talk to? Most Game Stops are getting just enough to cover pre-orders. Thats it.

Target is apparently the same. Best Buy is looking like it as well.

So please tell us what area it is that will be plentiful in the Wii U's.[/QUOTE]

you did not see when i said local stores, like shopko, kmart in my area says they will have 10 systems seeing they did not do preorders. my walmart will have five non pre order ones, my toysr us i called today said they should have around five. Plus i work at a retail store and we are getting ten in for sure if not more.

I love Nintendo. All they do is video games, and they have the class to post a statement to help allay our fears as the countdown begins. This time next week we'll all be playing Wii Us!!!!

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']Have there been ANY deals on games yet?[/QUOTE]

TRU has B1G1 40% off for titles 49.99 or under and they have Get $10 off one 59.99 game or $30 off two. Of course this only applies to games that are releasing this week

[quote name='Todmicahels']Has anyone FULLY paid off their Wii U preorder/layaway at walmart? Someone over at slickdeals says you pretty much lose your preorder if you fully pay it off, like I did a little while ago[/QUOTE]

It is technically possible for you to loose your preorder if you have the whole thing paid off. Usually when you place items in layaway they are already at the store. You put a deposit down on them and then they place the items in one of their layaway trailers. So when you pay the last of the amount you owe on the items the system marks it as being paid off/picked up. The employee gets your items and you are done with layaway.
The preorder/layaway is new so it could fall through the cracks off paid off = picked up. Best thing to do is go talk to your layaway manger and make sure that one is set aside for you. Be proactive and it shouldn't be an issue

[quote name='Rumors']Is bestbuy going to have units for those willing to camp?[/QUOTE]
I'm sure most will have at least a few extras with the stores doing a midight launch having more extras than ones that aren't. Best thing to do is talk to your individual store manager within the next few days they will know exactly how many they have. That way you can plan to go to a store that has more "extras" or plan as when you want to start to camp for the store closest to you

[quote name='Nintendonly']!CONFIRMED!

My store is getting 44 Wii U Deluxes, 16 of which are layaway pre-orders.[/QUOTE]

What store is this?

DO NOT fully pay off your walmart layaway wii-u, because paying off your layaway means you are picking it up. Also make sure they are holding the wii-u preorders for you, call two days before t make sure they are put aside for you.

when was the last recent preorder available? skimmed through the thread a bit but couldnt seem to find any answers. I know it was available for a short while when it started.

when it comes out, hopefully it wont be like the wii fiasco.

[quote name='xavior']I picked up a card from 2 different Targets just in case one screws up, but it sounds legit. The 7 day hold is advertised on back of the card, so if they screw up at the very least you can demand a refund (of the $5 card).

PS. I still see these preorder cards around (in West Nyack, NY and Edgewater, NJ)[/QUOTE]

Thanks so much for the very detailed post

Wow, much to my surprise, Fred Meyer is doing a midnight launch for the system. They didn't do any preorders though. So the question is, do I try to get one there at midnight (shouldn't be too hard) or wait till I can pick up my GS preorder the next day? ;)

I'd really like to set it up Saturday night and get right into it.

If you think it'll be easy to get at midnight, I'd say go for it. I'm paranoid as hell about my WM layaway even though I'm the second one on the list at my local WM.

Even if there are no consequences,

why did people fully pay off their Wii U even after being told on here (the memo) not to do so?

[quote name='Nintendonly']!CONFIRMED!

My store is getting 44 Wii U Deluxes, 16 of which are layaway pre-orders.[/QUOTE]

wii u's will not be hard to find like people think. Nintendo learned their lession from the wii launch they know it's a must they make more then they did the wii to start.

[quote name='jcwkings']anyone know anything about k-mart and their wii-u's?[/QUOTE]

i was told today by my local k-mart they will have ten on launch day and another shipment in by start of dec

[quote name='io']Wow, much to my surprise, Fred Meyer is doing a midnight launch for the system. They didn't do any preorders though. So the question is, do I try to get one there at midnight (shouldn't be too hard) or wait till I can pick up my GS preorder the next day? ;)

I'd really like to set it up Saturday night and get right into it.[/QUOTE]

Are all Fred Meyers doing midnight launches? Or just certain ones. I'm tempted if they are. My local best buy isn't doing a midnight launch =( I thought about going to one that is and take my chances of being able to pick up an extra one. I have enough credit/reward zone bucks/shopkick bucks to pay for the console. But its 45 min away and I wouldn't be able to get there until after 6pm so I'm not so sure the odds are in my favor to get a non preorder system

[quote name='TimboSliceGB']wii u's will not be hard to find like people think. Nintendo learned their lession from the wii launch they know it's a must they make more then they did the wii to start.[/QUOTE]

44 isn't really a lot (28 not pre-ordered). My best buy had 120 at launch and we sold out at launch and was still hard as hell to find for a year in Portland.

[quote name='Deader2818']44 isn't really a lot (28 not pre-ordered). My best buy had 120 at launch and we sold out at launch and was still hard as hell to find for a year in Portland.[/QUOTE]

i looked on my computers at work and we are planned to have 10 on launch day and 4 shipments of them before xmas to be around 15 per shipment and we are decent size store with stores aroud u.s and have plenty to go around. I just don't think it will be bad like the wii. the price point will help for suplly also. the way economy is 350 is high price point for parents unless they buy the cheap useless version for 299.

it's best for nintendo to handle this launch better then the wii. If nintendo wants to steal away hardcore gamers which it seems they are trying it's a MUST these things can be found.

[quote name='TimboSliceGB']i looked on my computers at work and we are planned to have 10 on launch day and 4 shipments of them before xmas to be around 15 per shipment and we are decent size store with stores aroud u.s and have plenty to go around. I just don't think it will be bad like the wii. the price point will help for suplly also. the way economy is 350 is high price point for parents unless they buy the cheap useless version for 299.[/QUOTE]

or maybe their kids will ask for ipads instead

Parents buy their kids ipads and shit for Christmas, I don't think a 300-350 Wii U is all that out of their price range, lol.

And again, those numbers are very low. I don't know how you could possibly have any idea how many shipments, and the amount of each you will get, over a 2 month period.

Now, maybe Basics will be a bit easier to find, but the deluxe will not be.

[quote name='TimboSliceGB']it's best for nintendo to handle this launch better then the wii. If nintendo wants to steal away hardcore gamers which it seems they are trying it's a MUST these things can be found.[/QUOTE]

Nintendo can try and do the best they can but if the demand is high like it has been for other console releases, they won't be able to manufacture enough. They can't pull consoles out of their ass.

[quote name='Deader2818']Parents buy their kids ipads and shit for Christmas, I don't think a 300-350 Wii U is all that out of their price range, lol.

And again, those numbers are very low. I don't know how you could possibly have any idea how many shipments, and the amount of each you will get, over a 2 month period.

Now, maybe Basics will be a bit easier to find, but the deluxe will not be.[/QUOTE]

it's because im the superviser of electronics and we order items months in advance and we know shipments coming in from our warehouse for items 2 months in advance. correct we will be getting five basic and five deluxe at launch. seeing we don't do preorders we know exact numbers we will get of items

[quote name='Deader2818']Well, what you order and what you actually receive are two totally different things.[/QUOTE]

thus sayeth the lord

[quote name='Deader2818']Well, what you order and what you actually receive are two totally different things.[/QUOTE]

our warehouse already has had the systems for two weeks now it's not the warehouse out the store its the distrabution center and today i found out the shipments planned for xmas season and 4 shipments included total of 40 systems 20 of each version but im sure everytime we get those in they will be gone.

the point im making is that when wii came out we had total of 15 systems for all of xmas season and this time we will have 40. Maybe it's not everywhere but even other stores in my area are saying they are expecting more systems this time around then the wii. So i do think if you did not preorder you should get one by end of year if you want one. But who knows for sure.

If they have them all now, why not just send them all out now instead of staggering it?

First you said 15 each shipment, now its only 10?

So you only plan to get 50 total (launch+4 shipments)? That still isn't really a lot.

[quote name='TimboSliceGB']the point im making is that when wii came out we had total of 15 systems for all of xmas season and this time we will have 40. Maybe it's not everywhere but even other stores in my area are saying they are expecting more systems this time around then the wii. So i do think if you did not preorder you should get one by end of year if you want one. But who knows for sure.[/QUOTE]

Well, I would think Amazon not carrying the Wii U opens up other retails to getting more allotment.

[quote name='Deader2818']If they have them all now, why not just send them all out now instead of staggering it?

So you only plan to get 50 total (launch+4 shipments)? That still isn't really a lot.[/QUOTE]

we are not a large retail store like best buy. i don't control things like shipment or i would have them all at once. The store is shopko so not sure if you heard of the store or not but non of our stores have large supply of gaming items at once.

At this point in time I'm leaning against doing the midnight Wal-Mart launch. I don't know if I wanna be out that late nor do I wanna be waiting around in a Wal-Mart for hours at a time.

...sigh. Should have fucking done the layaway when I had the chance, fuck.

Guess I'll just grab one whenever I see one in a store...a few years from now. :(

Shopko? Lol. Nintendo will gladly ship to a bigger retailer over punt Shopko. Good luck with those 4 shipments you apparently know will happen.

[quote name='Deader2818']If they have them all now, why not just send them all out now instead of staggering it?

So you only plan to get 50 total (launch+4 shipments)? That still isn't really a lot.[/QUOTE]

50 for the rest of the year. That will be enough for half the people at some crappy Best Buy on launch night.

Maybe I'll drop by Best Buy Sunday morning...I wonder how many hours ahead of time I'd have to get there, considering they open at 11AM according to the site.

[quote name='GizmoGC']Shopko? Lol. Nintendo will gladly ship to a bigger retailer over punt Shopko. Good luck with those 4 shipments you apparently know will happen.[/QUOTE]

everything i have said you jump all over me are you full of hate or what lol. just heads up shopko is 3rd biggest domestic retail store in the country behind walmart and target we are not small at all lol

plus i live in a city of 100 k people and know the gaming community in this area for this area wii was very easy to find and im sure wii u will be the same

[quote name='maximumzero']Maybe I'll drop by Best Buy Sunday morning...I wonder how many hours ahead of time I'd have to get there, considering they open at 11AM according to the site.[/QUOTE]

Some stores are doing a midnight opening so you may want to check to make sure you don't go the next day if they will be open for a midnight launch.

Here is the link:

LINK

[quote name='GizmoGC']Shopko? Lol. Nintendo will gladly ship to a bigger retailer over punt Shopko. Good luck with those 4 shipments you apparently know will happen.[/QUOTE]

you need to learn how retail stores operate. Stores order products several months in advance heck i knew the release date and price of the wii u since july which is when our buyers for the company purchased the products and we got them in our destribution center all the way back in september.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back