Not open for further replies.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
iconamazon.gif
Amazon
Consoles* Amazon did not take preorders, see note.
Games

iconbestbuy.gif
Best Buy
Consoles Both models sold out online & in store
Games

icongs_r1.gif
Gamestop
Games

icontoysrus_r1.gif
Toys R Us
Games

icontarget.gif
Target
Games

iconwalmart_r3.gif
Walmart
Consoles
Wii U Bundle Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Wii U Deluxe Sold out online & in store
Wii U Basic Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Games

Sears
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken

kmart.gif
Kmart
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in-store pre-orders were not taken

newegg.gif
Newegg
Deluxe Bundle Bundled with New Super Mario Bros U, Black Ops 2, and Zombi U-Out of Stock
Games

iconplayasia.gif
Play-Asia
Consoles/Games Reservation List Only for NTSC Basic & Deluxe models

Fry's Electronics
Consoles Both models sold out online
Games

Staples
Games

J&R
Consoles Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location.
Games

Nebraska Furniture Mart
Accessories
Games

:hot:Nintendo World Store
Consoles: Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location in NYC.

Notes:

• Newegg, as of now (Friday before launch) is selling the deluxe console as a bundle only. It is listed for immediate shipping, not as a pre-order.

• *Amazon email sent out to those who signed up for Wii U pre-order notification:
Dear Amazon.com Customer,

Thank for you signing up to be notified when the Wii U is available.
Unfortunately the Wii U console is not available at Amazon.com at this time but please check back in the future, as availability may change. We do have the latest Wii U games and accessories available now so check them out. Thank you for shopping with Amazon Video Games.
System Information

YWbCj.png

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='fyrflash1969']Well, Best Buy screwed me over on my purchase. They billed my account the amount to hold the preorder. I kept the money in the account. In middle of the night, they notified me that my payment was rejected, and to call and correct the order. One minute later, they cancelled it. I found out that my my bank was holding the money for the preorder, but Best Buy made another request on top of the hold. So the bank refused to do two holds. Anyhow, Bestbuy.com could care less.. they told me to preorder it again, which is not possible or to just go to my store. I cant wait in line even if I want to with my disability.

So now, No WiiU, and I have a ton of preorders with Newegg for games and the new controller. Happy Veterans Day gift for me from Best Buy. The good thing is, as a vet, Im kinda used to being screwed over.[/QUOTE]
Man that really sucks, I'm so sorry. I'm disabled too, and I have a Walmart online preorder, I wonder if they will do this to me? I see the funds still on hold from the Nov 5 pre auth. And now shipping day draws near and those funds still show holding, if they try and send it through without using the same transaction they used to pre auth it will be two charges for 516 that won't work. God I hate these crappy online stores. I'm worried now.

[quote name='fyrflash1969']Well, Best Buy screwed me over on my purchase. They billed my account the amount to hold the preorder. I kept the money in the account. In middle of the night, they notified me that my payment was rejected, and to call and correct the order. One minute later, they cancelled it. I found out that my my bank was holding the money for the preorder, but Best Buy made another request on top of the hold. So the bank refused to do two holds. Anyhow, Bestbuy.com could care less.. they told me to preorder it again, which is not possible or to just go to my store. I cant wait in line even if I want to with my disability.

So now, No WiiU, and I have a ton of preorders with Newegg for games and the new controller. Happy Veterans Day gift for me from Best Buy. The good thing is, as a vet, Im kinda used to being screwed over.[/QUOTE]

That really sucks :(. Was it for a store pick up or shipping? Either way I would say go talk to your local Best Buy Manger. Call and find out what hours they work. Bring your pre order email and any other corispondents you have received. Explain your situation to them and they maybe able to help you out if they have extras. If yours was an in store pickup then they should already have one set a side or coming in for the number of In store pickups they have

If you don't ask they can't help. Just being calm polite and asking may get you a system. Managers want to keep customers and do try and help fix situations when they can.

Last edited by a moderator:
I might be headed in the same direction as others. When I look through my Target.com order history the WiiU I ordered doesn't show up but if I pull up the specific email confirmation it will show my order. Who the hell knows what's going on now?

Guess its a good thing I've still got my BestBuy.com instore pickup as a backup...

[quote name='maximumzero']You guys think Best Buy is getting more consoles than Target? Which would it be better for me to wait outside of?[/QUOTE]

I'd probably try Wal-Mart first. They're open at midnight and if there isn't a line there, stay. Other than that, Target and Best Buy will be equally nuts, although I'd probably pick Target because they open earlier and, worst case scenario, you can grab some Starbucks to keep you awake sitting in that Best Buy line :p.

[quote name='dgwillia006']I think i might wait a bit to pre-order.......I seriously doubt they will sell out of a console pre-order. Cash too tight, and still not 100% sold on the launch titles[/QUOTE]

I just thought I'd randomly quote this from the beginning of the thread. ;)

[quote name='RedvsBlue']I might be headed in the same direction as others. When I look through my Target.com order history the WiiU I ordered doesn't show up but if I pull up the specific email confirmation it will show my order. Who the hell knows what's going on now?

Guess its a good thing I've still got my BestBuy.com instore pickup as a backup...[/QUOTE]

Are you looking in the right time frame? The default order view only shows the last 30 days. It is showing up appropriately for me.

[quote name='cag1000']Anyone think the wavebird will work with the WiiU?[/QUOTE]

No Gamecube controller ports means that there is 0% chance of this happening.

[quote name='ProppaT']I'd probably try Wal-Mart first. They're open at midnight and if there isn't a line there, stay. Other than that, Target and Best Buy will be equally nuts, although I'd probably pick Target because they open earlier and, worst case scenario, you can grab some Starbucks to keep you awake sitting in that Best Buy line :p.[/QUOTE]

Wasn't planning on going to a midnight launch though. Leaving my house at 6ish to arrive at Target around 6:30AM. They open at 8.

[quote name='maximumzero']Wasn't planning on going to a midnight launch though. Leaving my house at 6ish to arrive at Target around 6:30AM. They open at 8.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't even bother. If you're not going to show up hours before hand you're gonna miss out.

[quote name='SearchX']Okay, I'm an idiot. I had a preorder with Wal-mart through their layaway program. Having no idea how the layaway program works, I decided to pay off my Wii U yesterday. The lady at the desk was very nice and helped me pay it off. Then she realized it was for the Wii U and told me that because I paid it off, the system marks my order as "picked up". CRAP.
[/QUOTE]

It has been posted hundreds and hundreds of times not to pay off the Wii U layaway at Walmart. It's even in the original memo. There's gonna be a hitch and you're not gonna get your console now.

[quote name='NoMeDigas']Why? Whether you paid it off or not, layaway still works the exact same way. If they're going to accidentally sell a reserved console that is supposed to be cataloged and set aside , they're not going to discriminate over one that is paid in full versus one that only has the deposit down. Wal-Mart does billions of dollars in sales a year... they're not some Mom and Pop store trying to unload a $350 console so they can balance the ledger.[/QUOTE]

most successful businesses don't look at their customers as just one time purchasers. that's why if someone were in the store looking to buy a wii u, but the only ones available were the ones people had pre-ordered, they'd think, "i could sell this one where someone only left $25; at worst they'll just get their $25 back. or i could sell the one that's already paid off. that person will then take back their $350+ and may never shop here again."

do the math.

[quote name='mustbepbs']I wouldn't even bother. If you're not going to show up hours before hand you're gonna miss out.[/QUOTE]

And can you tell me week's lotto numbers too?

So now, No WiiU, and I have a ton of preorders with Newegg for games and the new controller. Happy Veterans Day gift for me from Best Buy. The good thing is, as a vet, Im kinda used to being screwed over.[/QUOTE]First of all, thank you so much for serving in our armed forces. As an advocate for veterans in my home state, I know how it is brother, and the way this country treats its vets is astonishing.

That being said, I hope that some of the people bragging on here about multiple preorders or flipping for a profit will read this and do the right thing and give a fellow CAG and vet a hand. I'll keep my eyes open and if I can find one I'll let you know.

[quote name='therealdanhill']First of all, thank you so much for serving in our armed forces. As an advocate for veterans in my home state, I know how it is brother, and the way this country treats its vets is astonishing.

That being said, I hope that some of the people bragging on here about multiple preorders or flipping for a profit will read this and do the right thing and give a fellow CAG and vet a hand. I'll keep my eyes open and if I can find one I'll let you know.[/QUOTE]

Ditto

I like how all of the 20-somethings in the military have to ask us all the time if there are military discounts at Walmart. Base Exchanges sell shit wicked cheap; what the fuck are you guys doing at Walmart harassing the employees about a discount program that doesn't exist?

[quote name='Nintendonly']I like how all of the 20-somethings in the military have to ask us all the time if there are military discounts at Walmart. Base Exchanges sell shit wicked cheap; what the fuck are you guys doing at Walmart harassing the employees about a discount program that doesn't exist?[/QUOTE]

Are you being sarcastic or a huge douche?

Oh, and for anyone else who preordered with KMart, I was just told that you will be charged for the system tomorrow. I've had a pending charge in my PayPal for like a month now, so I think I'm good, but it's KMart. Just wanted to throw that out there.

[quote name='maximumzero']And can you tell me week's lotto numbers too?[/QUOTE]

No but based on previous console launches, if you don't show up hours earlier like everyone else is going to, chances are very high that you're going to miss out.

[quote name='confoosious']Are you being sarcastic or a huge douche?[/QUOTE]

The huge douches are the guys wearing uniforms giving us the third degree about being in the military asking for a discount that doesn't exist. Base Exchanges are one of the perks for being in the military. Use them and leave us alone.

[quote name='NoMeDigas']Maybe it's just a function of being over 30 and having a steady job, but I don't understand why anyone is even bothering to pay off their interest-free layaway balance early.[/QUOTE]

I'm over 30 with a steady job as well. I anticipate that Walmart will be in chaos on launch day, and hoped to just stroll in, show my receipt, and walk out.

[quote name='alwayscheaper']What you said but change it to, why someone would use layaway. If you can't afford to pay cash for something offered at a Walmart when you walk in, then don't get it.[/QUOTE]

This. I have never used layaway in my life because I've never needed to. This is my first experience because it's the only way to preorder a Wii U. The bigger issue is why Walmart's system does not separate payment from pick-up status. Their system is not designed to handle preorders otherwise it would refuse my payment or keep me in the queue even though I've paid everything off.

[quote name='alwayscheaper']Perhaps this is a purchase you don't need right now as it being charged twice overdrew your account? Not trying to be mean but things usually work out how they're supposed to. Maybe this is a sign.[/QUOTE]
It isn't polite to comment on ones finances. Maybe he charged it to a separate bank account, there are a ton of circumstances you don't know about. Hell, I doubt most people here would be able to eat a 300 dollar charge you weren't expecting to your account.

I know you were not trying to be mean, and I'm not either, it's just very poor manners. Besides, nobody here "needs" a WiiU. We're all here because we "want" it, right?

[quote name='alwayscheaper']Perhaps this is a purchase you don't need right now as it being charged twice overdrew your account? Not trying to be mean but things usually work out how they're supposed to. Maybe this is a sign.[/QUOTE]

I didn't take it as his account was overdrawn. It sounds more like a security measure on the part of the bank to prevent double charges from the same retailer.

[quote name='mustbepbs']No but based on previous console launches, if you don't show up hours earlier like everyone else is going to, chances are very high that you're going to miss out.[/QUOTE]

I don't feel like waiting more than 2 or 3 hours for a videogame console. If I arrive at 6:30 and there's a boatload of people outside the store I'll just turn around and go back home. (After checking Best Buy's condition first.)

He said his bank rejected it because they placed two holds, not that he didn't have the finances to cover it. Those are two different issues and I know how annoying banks can be because for example I can't use my debit card online with overseas stores. It gets automatically rejected even though I've called many times and they tell me the hold is removed but it still gets declined every time. Basically, banks do whatever they want and reject in the name is "fraud protection".

[quote name='gordojones88']It has been posted hundreds and hundreds of times not to pay off the Wii U layaway at Walmart. It's even in the original memo. There's gonna be a hitch and you're not gonna get your console now.[/QUOTE]

Okay... I don't read every single post in this thread. Other sites have a nice editable "wiki" summary, which this site needs.

[quote name='Nintendonly']I like how all of the 20-somethings in the military have to ask us all the time if there are military discounts at Walmart. Base Exchanges sell shit wicked cheap; what the fuck are you guys doing at Walmart harassing the employees about a discount program that doesn't exist?[/QUOTE]

Obviously you've never been to an NEX, MCX or AAFES exchange. They charge MSRP for games even months or years after release. The only benefit is that you don't pay tax and sometimes they have collector's editions in stock that have sold out elsewhere.

As the son and brother of two military officers, I can tell you that they deserve every perk and discount that they get which frankly aren't even that many. Try spending six months or a year away from your family in the middle of nowhere or on a small ship or an entire weekend a month and two weeks a year in the cold or heat doing your reserve drill. That doesn't even take into account what happens when this country is involved in an actual war like Iraq or Afghanistan and people come home permanently disabled or not at all. You are a nasty little troll and deserve to be banned from this website for life.

[quote name='bojay1997']Obviously you've never been to an NEX, MCX or AAFES exchange. They charge MSRP for games even months or years after release. The only benefit is that you don't pay tax and sometimes they have collector's editions in stock that have sold out elsewhere.

As the son and brother of two military officers, I can tell you that they deserve every perk and discount that they get which frankly aren't even that many. Try spending six months or a year away from your family in the middle of nowhere or on a small ship or an entire weekend a month and two weeks a year in the cold or heat doing your reserve drill. That doesn't even take into account what happens when this country is involved in an actual war like Iraq or Afghanistan and people come home permanently disabled or not at all. You are a nasty little troll and deserve to be banned from this website for life.[/QUOTE]

As a veteran myself, I approve this message.

[quote name='maximumzero']I don't feel like waiting more than 2 or 3 hours for a videogame console. If I arrive at 6:30 and there's a boatload of people outside the store I'll just turn around and go back home. (After checking Best Buy's condition first.)[/QUOTE]

Why are you still trying to explain yourself? Just do your thing, I think we all get that if you get one you get one and if you don't you don't.

[quote name='bojay1997']Obviously you've never been to an NEX, MCX or AAFES exchange. They charge MSRP for games even months or years after release. The only benefit is that you don't pay tax and sometimes they have collector's editions in stock that have sold out elsewhere.

As the son and brother of two military officers, I can tell you that they deserve every perk and discount that they get which frankly aren't even that many. Try spending six months or a year away from your family in the middle of nowhere or on a small ship or an entire weekend a month and two weeks a year in the cold or heat doing your reserve drill. That doesn't even take into account what happens when this country is involved in an actual war like Iraq or Afghanistan and people come home permanently disabled or not at all. You are a nasty little troll and deserve to be banned from this website for life.[/QUOTE]

You shouldn't do something just because of what you expect to get in return. No one forced you to join the military

I have nothing negative to say about those brave enough to fight for our politicians but don't act like you didn't go there by choice

EDIT: This thread is officially in the gutter

[quote name='hoofrog']As a veteran myself, I approve this message.[/QUOTE]

Honestly, they give up years of their lives to defend this great nation. If anybody deserves a bit of a price break on just about anything, it's them.

[quote name='hoofrog']As a veteran myself, I approve this message.[/QUOTE]

I'm not a veteran and I approve his message. I fully support veterans getting *more* perks than regular folks.

[quote name='skiizim']Why are you still trying to explain yourself? Just do your thing, I think we all get that if you get one you get one and if you don't you don't.[/QUOTE]

Because it's still five days away and I feel like the more I talk about it the better my chances are.

[quote name='maximumzero']Because it's still five days away and I feel like the more I talk about it the better my chances are.[/QUOTE]

If you're going to have to wait for one, you're going to need to put some time in. Call or go into a few stores and see if you can have them tell you how many they'll have, or if they have a few for walk ins or whatever. If they do, plan to wait a while. Otherwise you risk rolling in late and missing out.

I'd rather "waste" my time sitting instead of waste my money by driving around.

[quote name='maximumzero']Because it's still five days away and I feel like the more I talk about it the better my chances are.[/QUOTE]

There's literally no point in talking about it if you didn't pre order and you're not willing to wait longer than an hour and a half for a console that's sold out everywhere. It's just not going to happen.

[quote name='advanced']I'd rather "waste" my time sitting instead of waste my money by driving around.[/QUOTE]

Well, the girlfriend will be with me so console or not maybe we'll just go out to breakfast or something than just going home with a defeated attitude.

[quote name='mustbepbs']There's literally no point in talking about it if you didn't pre order and you're not willing to wait longer than an hour and a half for a console that's sold out everywhere. It's just not going to happen.[/QUOTE]

Why are you so certain? I've ready quite a few accounts where folks got into lines for the Wii an hour or two before a store's open and managed to get a console.

[quote name='maximumzero']Well, the girlfriend will be with me so console or not maybe we'll just go out to breakfast or something than just going home with a defeated attitude.[/QUOTE]

Still cheaper to find a store that should have walk-in consoles before hand than driving around like a chicken with your head cutoff the morning of. You can go get breakfast either way, console or not. I'm, personally, going to go hit up a swap meet with my family immediately afterward.

I remember when I went to Best Buy the night before the Wii launched and saw a line of people outside and asked them what they were there for, they were like "we're waiting on the Wii", so I thought about it and hopped in line and got one too hah

[quote name='maximumzero']Well, the girlfriend will be with me so console or not maybe we'll just go out to breakfast or something than just going home with a defeated attitude.

Why are you so certain? I've ready quite a few accounts where folks got into lines for the Wii an hour or two before a store's open and managed to get a console.[/QUOTE]

I'm certain because this isn't my first rodeo. I live in a very small town and there's always been sell outs and tons of people waiting at retailers within 100 miles of me. You should plan for the worst. Trust me, waltzing in an hour before a major console launch is the exception, not the rule.

[quote name='mustbepbs']I'm certain because this isn't my first rodeo. I live in a very small town and there's always been sell outs and tons of people waiting at retailers within 100 miles of me. You should plan for the worst. Trust me, waltzing in an hour before a major console launch is the exception, not the rule.[/QUOTE]

I used to live in a very large city and for the Wii I lined up an hour before TRU opened and I got one easily. He isn't guaranteed to get one, but he's also not guaranteed to not get one either.

Anyone familiar with Scribblenauts? Is this a kids game or enjoyable for adults too? (me lol).

I needed a second game to pricematch Toysrus buy 2 get $30 off so I went with Scribblenauts Wii U and Black Ops 2 360. I was hoping Zombie U would be there but it got pushed back to Nov 18th. Such an impulse purchase :(

Went to GameStop today for Blops II and checked out the screen protector kit...$10 for three styluses and one (maybe more) screen protectors, officially licensed. I'll have to bite come launch day.

[quote name='Seerge666']Just picked up my copy of AC3 for the Wii U, now I get to stare at it til' Sunday.[/QUOTE]

Wouldn't it be funny if you put it in the Wii and it worked? Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back