Not open for further replies.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
iconamazon.gif
Amazon
Consoles* Amazon did not take preorders, see note.
Games

iconbestbuy.gif
Best Buy
Consoles Both models sold out online & in store
Games

icongs_r1.gif
Gamestop
Games

icontoysrus_r1.gif
Toys R Us
Games

icontarget.gif
Target
Games

iconwalmart_r3.gif
Walmart
Consoles
Wii U Bundle Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Wii U Deluxe Sold out online & in store
Wii U Basic Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Games

Sears
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken

kmart.gif
Kmart
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in-store pre-orders were not taken

newegg.gif
Newegg
Deluxe Bundle Bundled with New Super Mario Bros U, Black Ops 2, and Zombi U-Out of Stock
Games

iconplayasia.gif
Play-Asia
Consoles/Games Reservation List Only for NTSC Basic & Deluxe models

Fry's Electronics
Consoles Both models sold out online
Games

Staples
Games

J&R
Consoles Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location.
Games

Nebraska Furniture Mart
Accessories
Games

:hot:Nintendo World Store
Consoles: Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location in NYC.

Notes:

• Newegg, as of now (Friday before launch) is selling the deluxe console as a bundle only. It is listed for immediate shipping, not as a pre-order.

• *Amazon email sent out to those who signed up for Wii U pre-order notification:
Dear Amazon.com Customer,

Thank for you signing up to be notified when the Wii U is available.
Unfortunately the Wii U console is not available at Amazon.com at this time but please check back in the future, as availability may change. We do have the latest Wii U games and accessories available now so check them out. Thank you for shopping with Amazon Video Games.
System Information

YWbCj.png

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Nintendonly']Well, my store is getting 44 units of the Deluxe (16 of which are layaway preorders) and 10 units of the standard. There's no way we are selling out on day one.[/QUOTE]

You will.

The Wii line at TRU last time was 100+ deep.

Target charged me for my two consoles today, guess that means they're shipping soon. If I recall correctly they do not charge until they ship.

[quote name='TimboSliceGB']it's called external harddrive which most people already have, i could careless about charging cradle/ who the heck needs a stand i will not use wii U to video chat so it's pointless. they should have made deluxe version in white the black is too much of finger print magnet.[/QUOTE]

Most people don't have extra External HDs laying around. Most people would rather not have it hooked up to the back of their Wii U.

Why are you trying to spice of the Base unit? It's not worth saving $50.

[quote name='SteveGo']

That's an unfortunate reason to miss Mario's debut in HD.[/QUOTE]
I bought all the NSMB games, and I am getting tired of the same graphics and the same music for every game. Unless NSMBU really is way better than the others then I will wait for at least a price drop.

[quote name='GizmoGC']You will.

The Wii line at TRU last time was 100+ deep.[/QUOTE]

Wii =/= Wii U.

Either most people don't know about the Wii U or they think it's a ~$100 controller add-on to the Wii. The only people who are going to buy it day 1 are scalpers and fanboys.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']I bought all the NSMB games, and I am getting tired of the same graphics and the same music for every game. Unless NSMBU really is way better than the others then I will wait for at least a price drop.[/QUOTE]

Nintendo games and price drop are funny to see in the same sentence.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']I bought all the NSMB games, and I am getting tired of the same graphics and the same music for every game. Unless NSMBU really is way better than the others then I will wait for at least a price drop.[/QUOTE]
mario games almost never get a significant price drop or sales. I would say maybe 10-20 bucks at most

has anybody tried to do a walmart layaway preorder this week at walmart with any success?

if so, do you have to go to layaway or electronics to get this done? Thanks

[quote name='TheNeck']has anybody tried to do a walmart layaway preorder this week at walmart with any success?

if so, do you have to go to layaway or electronics to get this done? Thanks[/QUOTE]

i went in yesterday to try that and no luck

[quote name='TheNeck']has anybody tried to do a walmart layaway preorder this week at walmart with any success?

if so, do you have to go to layaway or electronics to get this done? Thanks[/QUOTE]
I tried this last night after finding out my TRU oversold so many pre-orders. My Walmart said they were no longer taking the pre-orders on the first of November.

Not to pile on, but Super Mario 64 DS is still sold at $29.99 even though it's been on store shelves for 8 years.

So I've been trying to figure this out.. as it will decide how quickly I get the Wii U connected but..

Are Nintendo Network ID's unique like gamertags / PSN names, or are they like battle.net where multiple people can have the same name, it just adds a number afterwards? Given this is nintendo and they don't like keeping up with the times, i'm assuming they are unique and I should rush to get mine?

I don't think they have told us yet... but maybe someone knows something I don't :)

[quote name='Katsumi']So I've been trying to figure this out.. as it will decide how quickly I get the Wii U connected but..

Are Nintendo Network ID's unique like gamertags / PSN names, or are they like battle.net where multiple people can have the same name, it just adds a number afterwards? Given this is nintendo and they don't like keeping up with the times, i'm assuming they are unique and I should rush to get mine?

I don't think they have told us yet... but maybe someone knows something I don't :)[/QUOTE]

The most recent Nintendo Direct video gave me the impression that the ID might be your e-mail address.

[quote name='TimboSliceGB']it's called external harddrive which most people already have, i could careless about charging cradle/ who the heck needs a stand i will not use wii U to video chat so it's pointless. they should have made deluxe version in white the black is too much of finger print magnet.[/QUOTE]

The biggest reason to get the Deluxe unit is if you want a good deal on games bought from the Wii U eShop.

[quote name='hoofrog']The most recent Nintendo Direct video gave me the impression that the ID might be your e-mail address.[/QUOTE]

That would be nice if that's the case too... they just haven't been very clear on it yet :)

[quote name='g0omba']Walmart quit doing the layaway deal. I tried over the weekend at two stores in Kentucky.[/QUOTE]

It ended November 1st for all stores.

[quote name='vtswordfish']I hate when they bundle it with games most people would never buy together hah[/QUOTE]

If I knew for certain I was coming home empty handed on Sunday I'd order one and just sell off the two games.

Hmmm I would preorder from Dell but the real question is does it come with the Pro Controller? It is shown in the images but doesn't show that its included.

[quote name='alwayscheaper']I'm very curious what will happen on Sunday. I don't feel the press, ads or buzz is as high as expected.[/QUOTE]

I think it'll gain some hype into the holiday season via word of mouth and in-store demos, but I'm not expecting an epic shortage like last time.

[quote name='maximumzero']If I knew for certain I was coming home empty handed on Sunday I'd order one and just sell off the two games.[/QUOTE]

I'd take your chances on Sunday, better to get the games you want and everything anyways. One curious thing about the Dell listing is I noticed the Pro controller is pictured, wonder if that is part of the bundle? Didn't see it mentioned on the listing.

[quote name='Nintendonly']Wii =/= Wii U.

Either most people don't know about the Wii U or they think it's a ~$100 controller add-on to the Wii. The only people who are going to buy it day 1 are scalpers and fanboys.[/QUOTE]

Doubtful.

http://wiiudaily.com/2012/11/wii-u-pre-ordered-more-than-wii/
But how does the current pre-order success compare to the original Wii, which is the best selling home console in Nintendo’s history? Wii U Daily spoke to half a dozen game retailers across California, some independent establishments and some which were part of larger chains. Every single one of them reported that the Wii U currently has more pre-orders than the original Wii back in 2006.

One retailer in Los Angeles told us that Wii U pre-orders are about 3:1 compared to the Wii, while others are seeing anywhere from 50 to 100 percent increase in pre-orders for the new console compared to the old. This isn’t that big of a surprise, actually, since the Wii was a new phenomenon back in 2006. Today, “Wii” is an established brand, and its easy to see the Wii U attract more pre-orders than the original console. Even if it’s highly unlikely that the Wii U will surpass the Wii in terms of total sales.

When the Wii launched back in 2006, it was sold out for many months to come. If the Wii U is already getting more pre-orders, we’re likely to see shortages and sell outs once it hits the stores. Analyst Michael Pachter recently said that he too believes the Wii U will sell out until next year, despite Nintendo manufacturing “1 million Wii U consoles per month”.

[quote name='EnVoYCoOkiE']Hmmm I would preorder from Dell but the real question is does it come with the Pro Controller? It is shown in the images but doesn't show that its included.[/QUOTE]

I highly doubt it. It's not noted in any of the descriptions so Dell probably just uploaded a group of images from Nintendo's press site.

[quote name='alwayscheaper']I'm very curious what will happen on Sunday. I don't feel the press, ads or buzz is as high as expected.[/QUOTE]

Nintendo didn't do too many ads for the Wii either. With the current buzz, they don't really need to.

[quote name='GizmoGC']Most people don't have extra External HDs laying around. Most people would rather not have it hooked up to the back of their Wii U.

Why are you trying to spice of the Base unit? It's not worth saving $50.[/QUOTE]

I'm personally hoping that the Wii U supports multiple storage devices. I'll drop a 32gb card in the SD slot and plug a couple of USB thumbdrives in the back. No one will ever see the back of the console in my entertainment system and it won't add any bulk. Plus, I've already got all this stuff laying around.

Does anyone think there will be people outside Gamestop hoping to get one that didn't pre-order? I have an extra Basic one and am considering seeing if I can just get someone to buy me a copy of Black Ops 2 and I'll give them my pre-order. I figure that's not too greedy, just $35 above cost really.

[quote name='JaylisJayP']Does anyone think there will be people outside Gamestop hoping to get one that didn't pre-order? I have an extra Basic one and am considering seeing if I can just get someone to buy me a copy of Black Ops 2 and I'll give them my pre-order. I figure that's not too greedy, just $35 above cost really.[/QUOTE]

There might be, but if they know that there is a list then they'd know that Gamestop is just going to start working down the list if they get any extras.

[quote name='ProppaT']I'm personally hoping that the Wii U supports multiple storage devices. I'll drop a 32gb card in the SD slot and plug a couple of USB thumbdrives in the back. No one will ever see the back of the console in my entertainment system and it won't add any bulk. Plus, I've already got all this stuff laying around.[/QUOTE]
SD cards are only for the wii function. This was confirmed that you will need an external usb memory storage for anything WII U related.

Hmm...I have ZombiU pre-ordered and paid off, but if the reviews are bad I will switch it over to Black Ops 2. I really hope the reviews are at least in the 70-75 range, the Wii U could greatly benefit from having a good, mature, word-of-mouth exclusive.

[quote name='JaylisJayP']Does anyone think there will be people outside Gamestop hoping to get one that didn't pre-order? I have an extra Basic one and am considering seeing if I can just get someone to buy me a copy of Black Ops 2 and I'll give them my pre-order. I figure that's not too greedy, just $35 above cost really.[/QUOTE]

That is my dilemma. I did not pre-order, and I currently am not on the list at Gamestop. I would like to get the Deluxe system at Gamestop on Sunday since I have the credit to cover it. I have five Gamestops all within 5 miles of me so it is hard to choose which one to try.

I took vacation all week for Thanksgiving so it would be perfect timing as well. Oh well. I slept on it and I will just be patient and wait.

[quote name='maximumzero']If I knew for certain I was coming home empty handed on Sunday I'd order one and just sell off the two games.[/QUOTE]

That's what I'm doing. I ordered it from Dell and I'll just sell the two games. Even at a $10-$15 loss per game, it's worth it to not have to hassle with finding a deluxe model on Sunday in store.

[quote name='sensuitomo']SD cards are only for the wii function. This was confirmed that you will need an external usb memory storage for anything WII U related.[/QUOTE]

That actually isn't true according to ign in there article what they have learned so far about the wii u hands on it handles sdhc cards up to 32gb. Using sd cards is also how you transfer information from your wii to your wii u.

[quote name='sensuitomo']SD cards are only for the wii function. This was confirmed that you will need an external usb memory storage for anything WII U related.[/QUOTE]

I wonder then if you can just use one of those usb sd card readers for a smaller amount of external storage? I know I have a bunch of 16 and 32 gb sd cards laying around unused.

Also, the SD slot is used only for Wii stuff. Wii U functions (such as save data) need USB memory and games can't be stored on USB thumb drives.

[quote name='UnseenGamer7']That actually isn't true according to ign in there article what they have learned so far about the wii u hands on it handles sdhc cards up to 32gb. Using sd cards is also how you transfer information from your wii to your wii u.[/QUOTE]
did you see the new nintendo direct? you can not put wiiU stuff into the SD cards, it only serves as a way to transfer the wii stuff for BC and use for the wii mode. The only way add memory at the moment is buy using an external memory source via USB. go search neogaf if you dont believe me for info that we have been receiving since that nintendo direct.
here is the link for info http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=499761

[quote name='jacknicklson']This is ridiculous
IfXik.png

3GB usable space for bastard white model[/QUOTE]

It's a shame you can't plug in a hard drive or anything.

[quote name='JaylisJayP']Hmm...I have ZombiU pre-ordered and paid off, but if the reviews are bad I will switch it over to Black Ops 2. I really hope the reviews are at least in the 70-75 range, the Wii U could greatly benefit from having a good, mature, word-of-mouth exclusive.[/QUOTE]

So you are only buying it because it's exclusive? I hate to break it to you, but this is Ubisoft we're talking about here. Just like with Rayman Legends, it's not going to remain exclusive.

[quote name='vtswordfish']I hate when they bundle it with games most people would never buy together hah[/QUOTE]

Actually Madden and Just Dance are games most people would buy. Don't get too caught up in the gamer mindset given that we aren't "most people", I'm not a fan of either of them either - but you have to recognize that both of those games are HUGE sellers to the average consumer. There are a lot people that buy a console and the only game they pick up each year is Madden and maybe Call of Duty. In the end, it is these people that determine the success or failure of a console. The Dreamcast was fantastic - and most "gamers" knew this, but Sega could never convince the average buyer it was worthwhile. The Wii exploded not because of us gamers, it took off because everyone and their grandmother wanted to play "that cool bowling game" like my mom (a big non-gamer) did.

That is a great bundle to the average person. You get a fun dance game for the kids and Dad gets Madden. Whether a system has Madden is make or break for a lot of people.

[quote name='GizmoGC']Doubtful.

http://wiiudaily.com/2012/11/wii-u-pre-ordered-more-than-wii/[/QUOTE]

Comparing Wii U pre-sales to Wii isn't a very good analogy. Back then, not as many stores did pre-sales, mostly just gaming stores. I pre-ordered mine at Gamestop, and while it was popular, it really was surprising when it took off like it did - they didn't even seel out their pre-orders in a major mall location. I get the feeling a good bit of the demand is speculation. If people had known the Wii would have taken off, it would have been pre-sold like crazy.

That's not to say the Wii U won't be popular. I just think the Wii pre-sales numbers were a victim of being a follow up to the Gamecube (which I loved, but wasn't a blockbuster) and motion control was still a bit of an unknown. A direct numbers comparison doesn't really consider this.

[quote name='Nintendonly']So you are only buying it because it's exclusive? I hate to break it to you, but this is Ubisoft we're talking about here. Just like with Rayman Legends, it's not going to remain exclusive.[/QUOTE]

Well, they will be exclusive, in a way. Both those games utilize the Gamepad extensively in ways that would be tough to implement on other consoles. Rayman would lose most of its unique new features and become a by the numbers new level pack sequel to Origins.

[quote name='MysticPain7']i went in yesterday to try that and no luck[/QUOTE]

[quote name='royalbliss1']I tried this last night after finding out my TRU oversold so many pre-orders. My Walmart said they were no longer taking the pre-orders on the first of November.[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the replies guys, i guess i will try to hunt one down sunday at 12:01am at walmart or try my luck at my local kmart when they open sunday.

I would be sure to check each individual store to see what is going on with the launch. I've seen several posts about the number of consoles that will be available from Best Buy, but my local store said they would only get in the number to cover preorders and get an other shipment 1-3 weeks later. The local Walmart told me they expected about 75 consoles and that I should have no problem getting one when they start selling (i'ts a 24 hour Walmart). The Target that I got my preorder card at last Friday (and a preorder card for 2 friends -- all the deluxe model) said they didn't know how many they were expecting, but that the preorders would be pulled aside immediately and held for 7 days. He also said that the way the launches usually go, the consoles were probably already at the store but couldn't be brought out until the 18th.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back