Not open for further replies.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
iconamazon.gif
Amazon
Consoles* Amazon did not take preorders, see note.
Games

iconbestbuy.gif
Best Buy
Consoles Both models sold out online & in store
Games

icongs_r1.gif
Gamestop
Games

icontoysrus_r1.gif
Toys R Us
Games

icontarget.gif
Target
Games

iconwalmart_r3.gif
Walmart
Consoles
Wii U Bundle Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Wii U Deluxe Sold out online & in store
Wii U Basic Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Games

Sears
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken

kmart.gif
Kmart
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in-store pre-orders were not taken

newegg.gif
Newegg
Deluxe Bundle Bundled with New Super Mario Bros U, Black Ops 2, and Zombi U-Out of Stock
Games

iconplayasia.gif
Play-Asia
Consoles/Games Reservation List Only for NTSC Basic & Deluxe models

Fry's Electronics
Consoles Both models sold out online
Games

Staples
Games

J&R
Consoles Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location.
Games

Nebraska Furniture Mart
Accessories
Games

:hot:Nintendo World Store
Consoles: Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location in NYC.

Notes:

• Newegg, as of now (Friday before launch) is selling the deluxe console as a bundle only. It is listed for immediate shipping, not as a pre-order.

• *Amazon email sent out to those who signed up for Wii U pre-order notification:
Dear Amazon.com Customer,

Thank for you signing up to be notified when the Wii U is available.
Unfortunately the Wii U console is not available at Amazon.com at this time but please check back in the future, as availability may change. We do have the latest Wii U games and accessories available now so check them out. Thank you for shopping with Amazon Video Games.
System Information

YWbCj.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I dont know if Nintendo held back stock on the Wii or not, but if anyone thinks they would have sold as well without the shortage you're crazy imo. Low stock will drive demand. It's like a contagious bug and when everyone is talking about it, it spreads like crazy and people catch the bug and want it. People want what they can't have.

I just talked to the manager at both best buy and target in my area and they both said that preorders have already been put aside...I preordered from both places so if anyone in the Hadley MA area missed out on grabbing a preorder send me a PM and I can give you my extra

[quote name='ShockandAww']I dont know if Nintendo held back stock on the Wii or not, but if anyone thinks they would have sold as well without the shortage you're crazy imo. Low stock will drive demand. It's like a contagious bug and when everyone is talking about it, it spreads like crazy and people catch the bug and want it. People want what they can't have.[/QUOTE]

Very true.

[quote name='dansdaman']I just talked to the manager at both best buy and target in my area and they both said that preorders have already been put aside...I preordered from both places so if anyone in the Hadley MA area missed out on grabbing a preorder send me a PM and I can give you my extra[/QUOTE]

Man, I hope the Target stores around me are doing that. I'm so paranoid that I'm going to show up with my pre-order reservation card and it ends up being first-come-first-served and I lose out.

Pre-Ordered mine through Kmart.com back on 09/15, has anyone heard of any issues regarding their pre-orders? I see all these issues with BB and Walmart, just hoping I don't run into any unexpected issues with Kmart

I pre-ordered a bundle from Walmart.com sept. 18th the bundle was 516.52 math here so guys can see I did not get ripped off:
Items Qty Arrival Date Price
ZombiU (Wii U) (Pre-Order Price Guarantee) 1 Arrives by Mon., Nov 26 $59.96

Nintendo Wii U 32GB Deluxe Console w/ GamePad & Nintendo Land, Black 1 Arrives by Mon., Nov 26 $349.96

Wii U Pro Controller - Black 1 Arrives by Mon., Nov 26 $49.08

Subtotal: $459.00
Shipping: $13.91
Tax: $43.61
See our Returns Policy or
contact Customer Service Walmart.com Total: $516.52

It comes down to this: Most people will buy this damn thing because they HAVE to have THEE newest gadget/phone/console/whatever. It's what keeps big business, well, in business.

Stopped by my local GS today to see how they're going to handle wait lists.

I was fourth on the wait list for a deluxe (they only took 9 pre orders for the deluxe) and they have about 56 people on that specific wait list.

What's their brilliant plan? Call EVERYONE on the wait list when they have excess units. No sort of order or anything. Just call in and first come, first serve. Just chaos.

Thankfully, got my BB Pre Order in.

[quote name='TimboSliceGB']ps3 was hard to find for awhile but not like the 360 and wii[/QUOTE]

Probably depends where you live, but PS3s were readily available in the Cleveland area on launch day. I personally bought 2 60GB models in the first week, one for me and one for my brother in law. I think the high price point turned people away.

i just don't know what to do. Take the tell offer and sell those two games or wait till spring when legends comes out and hope i can get a wii U. I really think the dells will not sell out. Who would think dell would get them in and i would have had no clue if it was not for someone posting it here.

[quote name='daminion']Probably depends where you live, but PS3s were readily available in the Cleveland area on launch day. I personally bought 2 60GB models in the first week, one for me and one for my brother in law. I think the high price point turned people away.[/QUOTE]

that's the big thing about gaming and new systems. Not all areas are like one another. Like i said plenty of times wii U could be sold out for months on end in some locations and then some you could end up gettting one if you want one like a week or so after they come out or even alunch day with no problem.

was it? maybe in certain areas, just like with any console it varies. the 360 took the longest for me to locate. I had to stop by target each morning on the way to work and hope one was available.

spoke with my local best buy. my online store pickup order has been put aside. even found out they are doing the midnight launch, although its not listed on the website. I am in my 30's but damn if I don't feel like a kid again.

[quote name='irighti']was it? maybe in certain areas, just like with any console it varies. the 360 took the longest for me to locate. I had to stop by target each morning on the way to work and hope one was available.

spoke with my local best buy. my online store pickup order has been put aside. even found out they are doing the midnight launch, although its not listed on the website. I am in my 30's but damn if I don't feel like a kid again.[/QUOTE]

here ps3 and 360's were hard to find for many months. The wii on the other hand was not hard to find. Like you said and some people don't understand that here is that just because your area is a certain way don't mean everyplace in this country is that way lol.

[quote name='irighti']was it? maybe in certain areas, just like with any console it varies. the 360 took the longest for me to locate. I had to stop by target each morning on the way to work and hope one was available.

spoke with my local best buy. my online store pickup order has been put aside. even found out they are doing the midnight launch, although its not listed on the website. I am in my 30's but damn if I don't feel like a kid again.[/QUOTE]

I wonder if they will give out gift cards and other SWAG at the midnight release. Apparently they did for black ops if you were there around 10pm

Anyone lined up for the original Wii launch around New Orleans (west and east banks)? Just trying to see how the crowds were or if they were hard to find. I've got a card for a black deluxe at two Target stores, wonder if they'd make us wait in the long lines of people without them. Think arriving around opening at 8:00am a good idea?

From what I'm reading on here it's going to be pandemonium with lines of hundreds of people and running out of stock in 5 minutes and people killing each other in parking lots lol

[quote name='UnseenGamer7']I wonder if they will give out gift cards and other SWAG at the midnight release. Apparently they did for black ops if you were there around 10pm[/QUOTE]

i was at midnight launce for bo2 at best buy and was told all the swag was giving from activision and activision paid for best buy gift cards for certain best buy stores. So i would not count on it unless nintendo does the same.

[quote name='TimboSliceGB']that's the big thing about gaming and new systems. Not all areas are like one another. Like i said plenty of times wii U could be sold out for months on end in some locations and then some you could end up gettting one if you want one like a week or so after they come out or even alunch day with no problem.[/QUOTE]

Exactly, Here in Minnesota (Twin Cities area) PS3 was impossible to locate for awhile, heck my friend had to camp out the eve of Black Friday to get just a 20gb PS3. People camped out for a week and I camped out for a Wii on launch which some kids had been in line for 2 days (I got there at 3am day before release and got one :whistle2:D ), heck the original Wii you couldn't get here on a store shelf for probably 9 months. The original DS when I lived in San Francisco was impossible to find for months as was Xbox 360 but the 360 you could get on launch day a few places up until about an hour after open.

Reserved my Wii-U forever ago at Gamestop, Deluxe edition. Going to go pay it off Friday, half tempted to dump my Mario-U and get Scribblenauts as a friend worked on it...and I've played my fair share of Mario games.

Just jumping in but I've researched a lot of things on this and decided I may bite for one but here's the deal - I'm in no immediate rush to get it. From everything you guys know and have heard do you think this will be like the Wii release where if you didn't get one launch you were forced to either pay scalpers on the net for one OR continually show up as retail stores everyday searching for months until you got one? I just remember it took months for everyone to really get one as they were never in stock and shipments were always limited when stores got them in (mother works at a dept. store it was always like this for them back then) . I'm thinking of getting one maybe in December or January but I'm curious if I'll be able to find one or will it be too late? December probably isn't smart since that's Christmas but what about January at least as I want one but not in a rush but on the other hand waiting until spring + is a bit too much.

[quote name='mBucket']Anyone lined up for the original Wii launch around New Orleans (west and east banks)? Just trying to see how the crowds were or if they were hard to find. I've got a card for a black deluxe at two Target stores, wonder if they'd make us wait in the long lines of people without them. Think arriving around opening at 8:00am a good idea?

From what I'm reading on here it's going to be pandemonium with lines of hundreds of people and running out of stock in 5 minutes and people killing each other in parking lots lol[/QUOTE]

I'll likely check out the Wal-Mart in Boutte at midnight. I initially had plans to stop by the Kenner Target and then the Metairie Best Buy, early Sunday morning but alot of preliminary reports I'm reading are saying that Wal-Marts should have a good chunk of 'em available, and with Boutte being a relatively small town Wal-Mart will probably be my best bet.

[quote name='Navex']Just jumping in but I've researched a lot of things on this and decided I may bite for one but here's the deal - I'm in no immediate rush to get it. From everything you guys know and have heard do you think this will be like the Wii release where if you didn't get one launch you were forced to either pay scalpers on the net for one OR continually show up as retail stores everyday searching for months until you got one? I just remember it took months for everyone to really get one as they were never in stock and shipments were always limited when stores got them in (mother works at a dept. store it was always like this for them back then) . I'm thinking of getting one maybe in December or January but I'm curious if I'll be able to find one or will it be too late? December probably isn't smart since that's Christmas but what about January at least as I want one but not in a rush but on the other hand waiting until spring + is a bit too much.[/QUOTE]

im in your same boat only game i want is legends but that got pushed back and i can get one right now from dell if i want one but after playing nsmb2 on ds and seen how not great that game is im scared about mario which is the only launch game i would buy seeing i got all the 3rd party games that are decent on other systems already. I don't think i want to pay 500 bucks for a system i will not use alot. till at least spring.

i had no plans getting the wii u, then today i decided to get one for my kids for xmas. But of course i will have to test it out when the kids are not at home before wrapping it up. Hopefully i can find one locally, if not, its not the end of the world.

[quote name='TimboSliceGB']you act like every place in the u.s is like your area in every comment you make. You are a person like many that think your area is what represents the full united states area lol. I said this before and will say it again when wii came out here at least 1 or two stores in my area had wii in stock for most of that xmas season then once xmas was over it was hit and miss but for most part if you wanted a wii first couple months you got one. Which is why i think wii u in my area will be the same.[/QUOTE]

You realize you're doing the same exact thing....right?

[quote name='GizmoGC']You realize you're doing the same exact thing....right?[/QUOTE]

im not bashing people for saying it's going to be sold out every place like you. of course it will be in some areas but not all. WII was not hard to find here which is why i think he it will not be hard to find. But who knows non of us know till next week.

[quote name='prim4444']Only for the games that are $49.99 and less this week.

Next week, all Wii U games will be B1G1 40%[/QUOTE]

[quote name='CronO_O']Thought it was only black friday but yea that is what i assumed, still gonna take a peak to see if it rings up maybe there might be a bug. So i will update it tommorrow when i find out for sure.[/QUOTE]

so you could go in right now and buy wii u games? hmmm, i might bite. don't know which ones though.

Just got home from work and I could not resist checking the front porch to see if there was a Wii U sitting there! Sure I know that it is not possible for it to have been delivered yet, but DAMN, this is going to be a LOOOONG four days.

[quote name='Kingmob46']Just got home from work and I could not resist checking the front porch to see if there was a Wii U sitting there! Sure I know that it is not possible for it to have been delivered yet, but DAMN, this is going to be a LOOOONG four days.[/QUOTE]

where did you buy it? has it shipped already?

[quote name='Davivascaino']where did you buy it? has it shipped already?[/QUOTE]

Sorry, it has not shipped yet, just wishful thinking on my part. I did a target.com order with Sunday delivery. No shipping notification yet.

Target today, showed me the stash. I drooled a little I'm sure. They may get more tomorrow or Friday but ATM they have 17 deluxe(15 pre-sold) and 10 cheapys. (6-8 pre sold) and they are already separated and will not see the sales floor until 6 days after launch.

I spoke to the manager at the Gamestop closest to my house and he said the wait list is only nine people for Deluxe. So I will go out there tonight and put my name on the list. Hopefully before Sunday they will get in extra units and I will get lucky enough to snag one.

[quote name='ProppaT']If by "so many games getting pushed back" you mean Rayman Legends (the only one I'm really aware of), look at the sales of Rayman Origins. Not so hot. It's a must have title for gamers, but the mainstream couldn't care less (i.e., for every gamer that decides to wait to buy the Wii U, there will be 10 casuals who will be lined up to buy that Wii U).[/QUOTE]

I thought Lego Underground getting push back was pretty major, that was an early one they were really pushing to demostrate the Wii-U and will likely sell a ton. Marvel Avengers, Pimin, and Sonic Racing got pushed back too. That leaves basically Mario, Ninja Gaiden, Zombie U, and a bunch of ports. Not that launch lineups are ever good, but that's not exactly a sexy collection of must have games to begin with unless Skylanders Giants works some major mojo.

My local K-Mart is clueless. They have no pre-orders and have no idea how many they'll have (I live in a ridiculously small town, so you'd probably be able to walk right in Sunday morning and walk out with a console). The woman working there also believes the original Wii is required to use the Wii-U.

I am hoping I can sit outside walmart like I did with the wii and pick one up. If not then no big deal, only 1 game I want for the system right now anyway.

Went to my GS today to see how they were handling the pre orders and the manager reassured me that they got consoles in for everyone who preordered but there wouldn't be any extras. I really need to hurry up and decide if I want to pull the trigger on the Wii U or not.

[quote name='vcplant']I thought Lego Underground getting push back was pretty major, that was an early one they were really pushing to demostrate the Wii-U and will likely sell a ton. Marvel Avengers, Pimin, and Sonic Racing got pushed back too. That leaves basically Mario, Ninja Gaiden, Zombie U, and a bunch of ports. Not that launch lineups are ever good, but that's not exactly a sexy collection of must have games to begin with unless Skylanders Giants works some major mojo.[/QUOTE]

Yea it sucks that the Lego game isn't a luanch title but after reading this I thought to myself maybe they wanted to hold a title back for March/April when it sounds like they are going to get another big shipment of Wii U consoles. More hype more sales maybe?

[quote name='Nintendonly']Some reports are coming in regarding Walmart's crappy layaway preorder system-

"Link"[/QUOTE]

So you linked a single post that said exactly what your post said, why?

Cue the panic police.. but my Walmart online preorder bundle now points to an error screen when I attempt to check it's status.

I know, I know - relax and cup the balls; just wondering if this is par for the course w/ their transition from process to ship?

[quote name='Brodiemegacorp']Dell now has the same bundle up, but with the white 8GB model for $409.99[/QUOTE]

And the deluxe model is gone.

[quote name='bimbady']Got an e-mail from Nintendo World that they will be selling the Wii U on a first come, first serve basis with a whole bunch of other goodies.

I knew it.

Looks like all the shipments that WERE going to Amazon will be at the Nintendo World Store. I can't imagine anyone on line NOT going a Wii U.

:applause:[/QUOTE]

I lived in NJ during Wii launch and got my Wii from Nintendo World prior to Christmas however I had to show up at midnight and wait for the store to open. There were lines for months. Same deal w/ Wii Fit which was hard to find for a very brief period.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back