Not open for further replies.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
iconamazon.gif
Amazon
Consoles* Amazon did not take preorders, see note.
Games

iconbestbuy.gif
Best Buy
Consoles Both models sold out online & in store
Games

icongs_r1.gif
Gamestop
Games

icontoysrus_r1.gif
Toys R Us
Games

icontarget.gif
Target
Games

iconwalmart_r3.gif
Walmart
Consoles
Wii U Bundle Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Wii U Deluxe Sold out online & in store
Wii U Basic Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Games

Sears
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken

kmart.gif
Kmart
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in-store pre-orders were not taken

newegg.gif
Newegg
Deluxe Bundle Bundled with New Super Mario Bros U, Black Ops 2, and Zombi U-Out of Stock
Games

iconplayasia.gif
Play-Asia
Consoles/Games Reservation List Only for NTSC Basic & Deluxe models

Fry's Electronics
Consoles Both models sold out online
Games

Staples
Games

J&R
Consoles Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location.
Games

Nebraska Furniture Mart
Accessories
Games

:hot:Nintendo World Store
Consoles: Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location in NYC.

Notes:

• Newegg, as of now (Friday before launch) is selling the deluxe console as a bundle only. It is listed for immediate shipping, not as a pre-order.

• *Amazon email sent out to those who signed up for Wii U pre-order notification:
Dear Amazon.com Customer,

Thank for you signing up to be notified when the Wii U is available.
Unfortunately the Wii U console is not available at Amazon.com at this time but please check back in the future, as availability may change. We do have the latest Wii U games and accessories available now so check them out. Thank you for shopping with Amazon Video Games.
System Information

YWbCj.png

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='TimboSliceGB']plus even if you don't like amazon im sure your area has local non bag companys that will give you CASH for games not in store credit.[/QUOTE]

My local game store offered 15$ for a barely month old game that Gamestop gave me 32$ for lol.

Not everyone has the same conviences that you might. And I'm not an idiot who takes a 2 week old game to trade in only to get 10$ back.

[quote name='MadMoneyMan']Heads up! Just called my "pickup in store" best buy and they told me that they were having a midnight launch! Now, the best buy website does not say this so... Make sure you call your store. Another thing that made me a wee bit nervous was the fact that when I asked him about my online order he told me that I will wait in line outside and that the line would go all the way back to the videogames department... I told him my item was "pick up in store" and he said that I was guaranteed a console if that was the case. Thoughts?[/QUOTE]

I'd be careful with that. My Best Buy said they were having a midnight release for Madden and I went and they never opened up. Me and about 5 other people were waiting.

[quote name='tightclaws']Anyone get any shipping change for any of the orders online? Shipping soon or shipped? Or Shipping process even?[/QUOTE]I was told by KMart I would be charged today. I have not been charged so far.

Yeah the used prices are ridiculous, I buy used online at various places if I want a used game. I wished someone would just hurry up and implement a Steam-like setup for the next-gen systems, the prices and convenience are nice.

[quote name='dgwillia006']My local game store offered 15$ for a barely month old game that Gamestop gave me 32$ for lol.

Not everyone has the same conviences that you might. And I'm not an idiot who takes a 2 week old game to trade in only to get 10$ back.[/QUOTE]

but you paid 30 bucks to rent the game for a month lol i always sell my games on craigslist for 50 bucks when they are new like that. gamestop then sold that game for 55 bucks.

Who ever said I even paid full price for the game lol? I buy the majority of new releases at Best Buy and get either price matches or do flips toward them.

I dont want to wait days/weeks just to sell the game on Craigslist for a small profit.

[quote name='Drclaw411']I paid off my console, controller, and Mario today at GameStop. I asked if they got enough in to cover preorders. They told me they got some in today and are supposed to be getting the rest tomorrow. That is extremely discouraging, considering I have to work Sunday morning. Does anyone know if GS will release my console to another person with my permission? If so I can ask somebody else to pick it up for me at opening. If not, I might be screwed.[/QUOTE]

What is it with you people. You paid it off. If they give it to someone else you have them by the boys. Black helicopters flying around all up in this thread.

[quote name='vtswordfish']Yeah the used prices are ridiculous, I buy used online at various places if I want a used game. I wished someone would just hurry up and implement a Steam-like setup for the next-gen systems, the prices and convenience are nice.[/QUOTE]

i like having the physical disk in my hand if im going to pay 60 bucks for a game i don't want a download game. Im not a big steam user unless the game is like 5-20 bucks. If anything would happen i think it would run like onlive where you play a game streaming to your system but we seen how bad that works.

[quote name='jedi0077']What is it with you people. You paid it off. If they give it to someone else you have them by the boys. Black helicopters flying around all up in this thread.[/QUOTE]

I'd rather be paranoid before and have it all be for naught instead of being upset after and not having my console. There's a reason I have 3 preorders and no, it's not to flip them. I don't trust retailers nor the people they have working this time of year. Better safe than sorry.

Just curious, has anyone's GameStop, in the US, said that they were going to do a Midnight launch or open early on Sunday? I called mine and they said they hadn't gotten an email from corporate about what they are doing and won't know at the latest by Friday, which is when I'll probably call.

Honestly I wouldn't be disappointed by a lack of a midnight release for a preorder, I like sleeping early when I can, but I would be disappointed if I had to wait until there normal opening time if they aren't opening earlier.

I didn't ask about preorder fulfillment though, will probably do that when I call on Friday.

[quote name='Drclaw411']GameStop is normally extremely reliable in terms of pre-orders. But after hearing today that my store "got some of the pre-ordered units today, and should get the rest tomorrow, hopefully"............I don't want to not get my unit because they oversold.[/QUOTE]

Just call Saturday night to ask them to hold your console, and again Sunday morning when they open to make sure they hold it to be reassured. Just make sure you mention it's a preorder, since I doubt they can hold new consoles on launch day that aren't preordered.

If you are really worried get employee names and ID numbers and ask if they are going to be there when you plan to arrive. If not, ask when the people that will be there are going to get in so you can call again to remind them. Doesn't 100% guarantee you, but it does make sending an email to corporate complaining about not getting a Wii U you preordered a lot easier :p.

Not sure why everyone is so worried about Gamestop. Most are getting enough stock to cover pre-orders, after that its the waitlist. They arent going to sell off a pre-ordered console on day 1 lol.

[quote name='dgwillia006']Not sure why everyone is so worried about Gamestop. Most are getting enough stock to cover pre-orders, after that its the waitlist. They arent going to sell off a pre-ordered console on day 1 lol.[/QUOTE]

yeah. that's one positive thing about gamestop they are maybe the best i have seen to taking care of preorders systems and games.

Call them two days before, the night before and the morning of launch. Then call on your way to the store. Once more to tell them your in line. Then watch as they smash your console on the counter a few times as you pay for it when they realize your "that guy" that kept calling lol

[quote name='Dr. Dib']Just curious, has anyone's GameStop, in the US, said that they were going to do a Midnight launch or open early on Sunday? I called mine and they said they hadn't gotten an email from corporate about what they are doing and won't know at the latest by Friday, which is when I'll probably call.

Honestly I wouldn't be disappointed by a lack of a midnight release for a preorder, I like sleeping early when I can, but I would be disappointed if I had to wait until there normal opening time if they aren't opening earlier.

I didn't ask about preorder fulfillment though, will probably do that when I call on Friday.

Just call Saturday night to ask them to hold your console, and again Sunday morning when they open to make sure they hold it to be reassured. Just make sure you mention it's a preorder, since I doubt they can hold new consoles on launch day that aren't preordered.

If you are really worried get employee names and ID numbers and ask if they are going to be there when you plan to arrive. If not, ask when the people that will be there are going to get in so you can call again to remind them. Doesn't 100% guarantee you, but it does make sending an email to corporate complaining about not getting a Wii U you preordered a lot easier :p.[/QUOTE]

I think i'm gonna pretty much do that. I really wish they were doing a midnight release. It would make this a lot easier for me. I do have to wonder why GS isn't doing a midnight for this when they did for the Vita.

Also, what the hell kind of name is 30 Great Games: Obstacle Arcade

im kind of sad i did not take the dell offer this morning. I really don't need or want it on release but scared that once spring comes when the games i want come out might be hard to find. But then other part of me wants to wait to see how this turns out. I was kind of disapointed with the wii and the lack of 3rd party games. If 3rd partys start to make tons of wii u exlusfives that i like it will be a must to have the system. When it comes to multi system games i prefer them on 360 because of the online community.

[quote name='Dr. Dib']Just curious, has anyone's GameStop, in the US, said that they were going to do a Midnight launch or open early on Sunday?[/QUOTE]

I was told my local store would open two hours early on Sunday, at 9am rather than 11am. This was the Cerritos, CA location.

Just got off the phone with K Mart, because now my order is showing up as "expired" in my Paypal, yet still shows as processing on the kmart.com site. I've been calling them like once a week to make sure this wouldn't happen, that there would be no problems if the order expired, and the lady did say nothing had changed on her end, so I still have hope.

Has anyone else had a situation like this, with an order showing as "expired" in Paypal?

i watched a new nintendo video today and happy they made it more easy to add friends all you need to know is their nintendo network name not message someone for their dumb number just click add friend button nad boom request sent.

I spoke to Best Buy today, checking if they were doing a midnight launch, they said no. I asked about how it would be Sunday morning, since I had a pre-order online and they told me those have already been pulled and put aside.

[quote name='stonciddta']I spoke to Best Buy today, checking if they were doing a midnight launch, they said no. I asked about how it would be Sunday morning, since I had a pre-order online and they told me those have already been pulled and put aside.[/QUOTE]

Same for my local BB. Word for word.

[quote name='therealdanhill']Just got off the phone with K Mart, because now my order is showing up as "expired" in my Paypal, yet still shows as processing on the kmart.com site. I've been calling them like once a week to make sure this wouldn't happen, that there would be no problems if the order expired, and the lady did say nothing had changed on her end, so I still have hope.

Has anyone else had a situation like this, with an order showing as "expired" in Paypal?[/QUOTE]

PP's customer service is tops. Call them up.

So pissed. After escalations with K Mart and Paypal help they are both pointing the finger at each other. Paypal says the retailer is the only one who can set an order to expire, K Mart says they do not set expiration dates before a release on a Presale. Paypal says it is out of their hands, K Mart says if the order is expired it is not their fault. It is still processing on kmart.com but I was told if there is any changes it may take a couple days to update as cancelled.

If there is anybody in Massachusetts/CT who would be able to help a fellow CAG and sell me a deluxe system, in case I get stiffed here, that would be great. I'll give you 400 bucks and drive wherever I have to. I know people are going to mark it up, but this is our one family gift this year and things are really tight. Send me a PM if you have one to spare. I also have games and other various good stuff I can throw in to make it happen if need be.

[quote name='stonciddta']I spoke to Best Buy today, checking if they were doing a midnight launch, they said no. I asked about how it would be Sunday morning, since I had a pre-order online and they told me those have already been pulled and put aside.[/QUOTE]

Same here.

Good to know, too. I'll just sleep in and then pick up my pre-order after breakfast =D

[quote name='TimboSliceGB']why do you trade in games into gamestop they are the biggest rip off in trade ins heck most of the time amazon offers double what gamestop offers and they give you free shipping to ship it to them. If not amazon i use local gamestroes and still get more then gamestop or craigslist[/QUOTE]

Nah. GameStop is one of the best place to trade games in. I basically paid off my Wii u with trade ins. You must be doing it wrong and only getting base values.

[quote name='TimboSliceGB']
I watched a new Nintendo video today and happy they made it more easy to add friends all you need to know is their nintendo network name not message someone for their dumb number just click add friend button nad boom request sent.[/QUOTE]

Here is my Nintendo Network ID. Add me for a friend!

319q04564487-029874098-7290q34850-9872495856

[quote name='nugarp']Same for my local BB. Word for word.[/QUOTE]
I live n Fairfax, Va. Best Buy in Fairlakes told me tonight that they are opening at Midnight Saturday night, and Gamestop is doing a 9AM Launch Sunday AM. Have two pre-paid at each store, and couldnt be more excited....GO NINTENDO! lol

Gonna make some calls around here tomorrow and find out where my best shot at a Deluxe unit is, I have to work late Saturday night so will have to hit a store that opens on Sunday morning, hoping Best Buy isn't doing a midnight opening here.

I'm going to be busy on Saturday until around 11:30 pm which sucks because my Walmart is doing a midnight launch and I wanted to get there 2 or 3 hours early just in case. I guess I'll just have to hope they have enough to cover preorders. If they don't I might just blow up since I was the second person in line the morning they started taking preorders and they have $700 of my money already.

[quote name='Octopod']I'm going to be busy on Saturday until around 11:30 pm which sucks because my Walmart is doing a midnight launch and I wanted to get there 2 or 3 hours early just in case. I guess I'll just have to hope they have enough to cover preorders. If they don't I might just blow up since I was the second person in line the morning they started taking preorders and they have $700 of my money already.[/QUOTE]

700 bucks? geez what did you buy lol

[quote name='TimboSliceGB']700 bucks? geez what did you buy lol[/QUOTE]

Two deluxe consoles. One for me and one for the brother-in-laws family for Xmas. \

Actually I guess $699.00 since I left $1 unpaid and there is no sales tax in NH.

[quote name='Octopod']Two deluxe consoles. One for me and one for the brother-in-laws family for Xmas. \

Actually I guess $699.00 since I left $1 unpaid and there is no sales tax in NH.[/QUOTE]

oh nice yeah i would be upset if i was you don't get them for all that lol

[quote name='TimboSliceGB']oh nice yeah i would be upset if i was you don't get them for all that lol[/QUOTE]

Well, hopefully since it is supposed to be held in layaway I can just stroll in at midnight and pick them up no prob. I'm just starting to get paranoid now that it is getting close. :lol: We'll see I guess.

Well, tardy to the party, as usual. I dropped by the Target behind my house and all their preorders were gone, but the guy working said they have about 10 of each that will be on sale Sunday morning. Now, do I want to get up uber early and most likely wait in line for one? I just have a feeling that the hoarders are going to make it hard to get one this year if I don't try at launch...

[quote name='sp00ge']Well, tardy to the party, as usual. I dropped by the Target behind my house and all their preorders were gone, but the guy working said they have about 10 of each that will be on sale Sunday morning. Now, do I want to get up uber early and most likely wait in line for one? I just have a feeling that the hoarders are going to make it hard to get one this year if I don't try at launch...[/QUOTE]
If I had a target in my backyard, I wouldn't mind camping out. ;)

I have been reading this post periodically and I have seen a lot of paranoia towards the Walmart layaway preorder. This in turn was making me worry also. I called a few days ago and the people working at layaway had no idea what was going on. I decided to go in today and I feel much better about it. The woman knew exactly what was going to happen. She said I don't need to pay anything until Saturday and that there would be two lines. One for people who preordered and one for people who didn't have the chance. She said my WiiU was guaranteed to be there and that they would be passing them out at 12:01am. It was nice to speak with someone who knew what was going on. Hope this helps someone out who is worried about the layaway stuff!

[quote name='Quuids']I have been reading this post periodically and I have seen a lot of paranoia towards the Walmart layaway preorder. This in turn was making me worry also. I called a few days ago and the people working at layaway had no idea what was going on. I decided to go in today and I feel much better about it. The woman knew exactly what was going to happen. She said I don't need to pay anything until Saturday and that there would be two lines. One for people who preordered and one for people who didn't have the chance. She said my WiiU was guaranteed to be there and that they would be passing them out at 12:01am. It was nice to speak with someone who knew what was going on. Hope this helps someone out who is worried about the layaway stuff![/QUOTE]
You could get an informed/uninformed employee right now, what matters is which one you will get when you pick up your order. I have called the same target and best buy the past few days. Each day I called both store with different employees giving me different results. Ranging to when they will open and if they will have extras for walk ins.

I just got an email from Walmart.com that my deluxe console was Cancelled! WTF?
I called to complain, but I was told they are sorry but there is nothing the can do.
I guess i'm going to be recording the next episode of my show from the line at Walmart this Saturday night.
The fact that they couldn't give me a reason just burns me up.

[quote name='htz']If I had a target in my backyard, I wouldn't mind camping out. ;)[/QUOTE]

Well, none of my friends are interested, and having two kids, either me or my old lady has to stay home with them. Camping out solo would suck...

[quote name='Fathergamer']I just got an email from Walmart.com that my deluxe console was Cancelled! WTF?
I called to complain, but I was told they are sorry but there is nothing the can do.
I guess i'm going to be recording the next episode of my show from the line at Walmart this Saturday night.
The fact that they couldn't give me a reason just burns me up.[/QUOTE]
When did you preorder it?

[quote name='Fathergamer']I just got an email from Walmart.com that my deluxe console was Cancelled! WTF?

When did u order??

[quote name='Quuids']I have been reading this post periodically and I have seen a lot of paranoia towards the Walmart layaway preorder. This in turn was making me worry also. I called a few days ago and the people working at layaway had no idea what was going on. I decided to go in today and I feel much better about it. The woman knew exactly what was going to happen. She said I don't need to pay anything until Saturday and that there would be two lines. One for people who preordered and one for people who didn't have the chance. She said my WiiU was guaranteed to be there and that they would be passing them out at 12:01am. It was nice to speak with someone who knew what was going on. Hope this helps someone out who is worried about the layaway stuff![/QUOTE]

Can we stickie this on each new thread page?

Well I just checked my Walmart.com order from Sept 18th. it finally lost the cancel button, which is a good sign, they no longer let me cancel means its shipping soon.

make sure your credit card comp didnt block it, i had that happen with bestbuy and i had 1 hour to call them to update to a new card or the order was cancelled. I also ordered with walmart and did express shipping i heard that helps to get you ahead of the line.
sorry friend. I have yet to have ANY issues with my discover card they have been great about the whole thing.:3ds:
Guess its time for you to decide where to camp man to get one. Id say target or walmarts a good bet, avoid gamestop for sure

I might have to go there in the morning around 10am instead of midnight. This is making me very worried. I know they said they would hold the item until December 14 per layaway policy but I just don't trust them enough to follow through. Did she also say you can pick it up at a later time on Sunday?

[quote name='vlv723']Oh boy. I saw people camping out for a system today. (Best Buy in Glendale-Atwater Village, CA)[/QUOTE]

non existent today. I stopped by to look at the demo wii U unit at Best Buy At Water village. I've never seen or heard of people get in line 5 days ahead of time. even the ps3 was about 3 days in time. You saw the Black ops 2 line :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back