Not open for further replies.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
iconamazon.gif
Amazon
Consoles* Amazon did not take preorders, see note.
Games

iconbestbuy.gif
Best Buy
Consoles Both models sold out online & in store
Games

icongs_r1.gif
Gamestop
Games

icontoysrus_r1.gif
Toys R Us
Games

icontarget.gif
Target
Games

iconwalmart_r3.gif
Walmart
Consoles
Wii U Bundle Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Wii U Deluxe Sold out online & in store
Wii U Basic Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Games

Sears
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken

kmart.gif
Kmart
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in-store pre-orders were not taken

newegg.gif
Newegg
Deluxe Bundle Bundled with New Super Mario Bros U, Black Ops 2, and Zombi U-Out of Stock
Games

iconplayasia.gif
Play-Asia
Consoles/Games Reservation List Only for NTSC Basic & Deluxe models

Fry's Electronics
Consoles Both models sold out online
Games

Staples
Games

J&R
Consoles Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location.
Games

Nebraska Furniture Mart
Accessories
Games

:hot:Nintendo World Store
Consoles: Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location in NYC.

Notes:

• Newegg, as of now (Friday before launch) is selling the deluxe console as a bundle only. It is listed for immediate shipping, not as a pre-order.

• *Amazon email sent out to those who signed up for Wii U pre-order notification:
Dear Amazon.com Customer,

Thank for you signing up to be notified when the Wii U is available.
Unfortunately the Wii U console is not available at Amazon.com at this time but please check back in the future, as availability may change. We do have the latest Wii U games and accessories available now so check them out. Thank you for shopping with Amazon Video Games.
System Information

YWbCj.png

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Sludgepond']I understand this wont work with systems but what about games?
Example: Buy from newegg and Walmart, open Walmart copies, return newegg sealed copies to Walmart. Anyone try this?[/QUOTE]

that will 100 percent work seeing they all have same upc

[quote name='TimboSliceGB']to be honest it's possible i have worked in retail for years and have seen it happen by mistake in my store. If store by mistake scans on the upc it will show up in the system the barcode on systems are the only things dif. seeing he would have a legit recipt showing his purchase they might take the one from newegg[/QUOTE]

each system has a unique serial number and any register worth a dam will require a serial scan and a upc scan

[quote name='Sludgepond']I understand this wont work with systems but what about games?
Example: Buy from newegg and Walmart, open Walmart copies, return newegg sealed copies to Walmart. Anyone try this?[/QUOTE]

games will work fine

Example: Buy from newegg and Walmart, open Walmart copies, return newegg sealed copies to Walmart. Anyone try this?[/QUOTE] As long as the game is sealed they dont care they WILL ask for your drivers license number though to track you how many times u do it etc. I did this always back in the day and it still works. If the game is opened they wont help at all.

[quote name='bodine1231']My order from Target that I placed yesterday (white system w/mario) shipped! When I was checking out I chose the express Sunday delivery however my tracking states Tuesday delivery,will they refund my shipping?[/QUOTE]
They should, or you can always call your credit card company and dispute the expressing shipping charge and they will most certainly give it back to you.

I'm thinking I will go back sometime tomorrow and talk to someone. Like I said, I had both systems at home before I even noticed it. Still, I can imagine it being kinda funny to walk into the store with the item that people are going to be lined up for, in hand. Actually... it worries me that they might just take it away because I was stupid enough to bring a console back in that is unreleased, and was handed to me being only half way paid off.

[quote name='SuperSonic128']I'm thinking I will go back sometime tomorrow and talk to someone. Like I said, I had both systems at home before I even noticed it. Still, I can imagine it being kinda funny to walk into the store with the item that people are going to be lined up for, in hand. Actually... it worries me that they might just take it away because I was stupid enough to bring a console back in that is unreleased, and was handed to me being only half way paid off.[/QUOTE]

Wait until Sunday or after to keep there from being more BS brought down the pipe.

[quote name='SuperSonic128']I'm thinking I will go back sometime tomorrow and talk to someone. Like I said, I had both systems at home before I even noticed it. Still, I can imagine it being kinda funny to walk into the store with the item that people are going to be lined up for, in hand. Actually... it worries me that they might just take it away because I was stupid enough to bring a console back in that is unreleased, and was handed to me being only half way paid off.[/QUOTE]

just bring in the sale slip lol they should not need to rescan the system

[quote name='vtswordfish']Wait until Sunday or after to keep there from being more BS brought down the pipe.[/QUOTE]
Yeah i was just jacking with you man they really cant do anything once u leave the store but its always nice to be honest to if you want. But yeah just bring the recipts in on SUnday or later if your gonna do it. THe employee that sold u it may be seasonal and doesnt give a crap then there are also those poor old ladys working years there that have no idea on this stuff job at stake.

I believe you. I also think you are doing the right thing. You can always show up with your receipts only (since you are worried they will try to take the console).

If the people give you any grief about it you can leave, with a clear conscious, knowing you tried.

There is a big difference is knowingly deceiving someone and realizing someone made a mistake after the fact. Good for you for trying to make this right. Unfortunately:applause: there are less and less people like you in the world...or so it seems to me.

[quote name='pissoffbakaburi']I believe you. I also think you are doing the right thing. You can always show up with your receipts only (since you are worried they will try to take the console).

If the people give you any grief about it you can leave, with a clear conscious, knowing you tried.

There is a big difference is knowingly deceiving someone and realizing someone made a mistake after the fact. Good for you for trying to make this right. Unfortunately:applause: there are less and less people like you in the world...or so it seems to me.[/QUOTE]
Great reply in my younger years i would have been happy to rip them off no problem, now that im older i try not to be like that so much. If you belive in karma it does bite you in the ass sooner or later.

yeah take just the receipt back that's all they should need, and see what they say.

One thing to consider....does the receipt have the cashier's name on it? It's possible they will show one missing in the inventory system but not know who fucked up until they see the name on the receipt you bring back. I'm not telling you not too...just something to think about.

If it was me, i'd go back without the system. Just the receipt. Let them know you'd like to pay off the remaining balance if any balance is showing. Tell them you aren't sure if there is a balance left but the receipt looked funny when you got home from picking it up.

[quote name='metsfan1545d']id keep the console and let them make the attempt to get payment

you shouldnt be forced to do walmarts job[/QUOTE]
What's it like being the lowest common denominator?

[quote name='Jaysonguy']What's it like being the lowest common denominator?[/QUOTE]

why is it the consumers obligation to help walmart keep track of its inventory?

he didnt take the console and run out of walmart and if he is too be believed he didnt even realize the error until he arrived home

let walmart figure it out and if they dont then its on them

i wouldnt sell it though for at least a year because if they ever do realize there error he will be forced to return it or pay for it

Just bring the receipt and talk to the manager... No reason to bring the system, especially if (a) the serial # was already scanned, and (b) you want to keep it.

I don't see the big deal Walmart makes millions every year, I doubt the employee will get in trouble, stuff gets lost all the time employees don't have to pay for it. If walmart screwed up no reason at all he has to go back and fix it for them.

[quote name='Jackovasaurus']I'd say its a safe bet. They always sell hardware![/QUOTE]

Acutally that's incorrect this year. If you've been in Costco lately, you'll notice that they've basically eliminated their video game section. I think a few people on the board that work there have also confirmed that Costco is more or less getting out of the Video Game business for the moment, so don't go there looking for your Wii U.

[quote name='jrr6415sun']I don't see the big deal Walmart makes millions every year, I doubt the employee will get in trouble, stuff gets lost all the time employees don't have to pay for it. If walmart screwed up no reason at all he has to go back and fix it for them.[/QUOTE]

he could not register the system seeing in walmarts system it's not sold which means would not notify nintendo it's sold.

Much to my amazement GameStop called me tonight and said they got two extra deluxe editions in and I was first on the waiting list so I could pick up Sunday morning! After coming up with a midnight gameplan and Sunday morning strategy this has made all that for naught and a much less stressful weekend. Now to figure out which other games to pick up at Toys R Us on Sunday when the sale starts. Looking forward to Sunday! Hope everyone else has some great stories to share as well.

[quote name='deyanks98']Much to my amazement GameStop called me tonight and said they got two extra deluxe editions in and I was first on the waiting list so I could pick up Sunday morning! After coming up with a midnight gameplan and Sunday morning strategy this has made all that for naught and a much less stressful weekend. Now to figure out which other games to pick up at Toys R Us on Sunday when the sale starts. Looking forward to Sunday! Hope everyone else has some great stories to share as well.[/QUOTE]

what sale?

[quote name='Nico8912']Anybody else's Gamestop tracking still not updated yet? Mine still has the default 'shipping label printed will update...' messsage :cold:[/QUOTE]

it's good chance it's in ship place hands have to wait for that ship company to upgrade and put it into their system

[quote name='deyanks98']Much to my amazement GameStop called me tonight and said they got two extra deluxe editions in and I was first on the waiting list so I could pick up Sunday morning! After coming up with a midnight gameplan and Sunday morning strategy this has made all that for naught and a much less stressful weekend. Now to figure out which other games to pick up at Toys R Us on Sunday when the sale starts. Looking forward to Sunday! Hope everyone else has some great stories to share as well.[/QUOTE]

tru sale is not till black friday

Well this is just jim dandy. I had my Newegg orders open on my computer, just seeing what else I had coming in this month as I try to figure out if I should be buying some new Wii remote pluses. I was also eating a turkey sandwich. I left the room to answer my cell phone which was in the other room.

When I get back what do I see? My dog, standing firm with two paws on the keyboard. She somehow cancelled my promo-coded Family Guy Back to the Multiverse for 360, and also was eating the remainder of my sandwich.

Oy. Honestly, I have to laugh at it. I must have had the mouse right on the cancel button for that order. She must have stepped on the mouse button. It's kind of funny. But now i'll be waiting for either a price drop or a B2G1 for Family Guy, lol.

[quote name='Drclaw411']Well this is just jim dandy. I had my Newegg orders open on my computer, just seeing what else I had coming in this month as I try to figure out if I should be buying some new Wii remote pluses. I was also eating a turkey sandwich. I left the room to answer my cell phone which was in the other room.

When I get back what do I see? My dog, standing firm with two paws on the keyboard. She somehow cancelled my promo-coded Family Guy Back to the Multiverse for 360, and also was eating the remainder of my sandwich.

Oy. Honestly, I have to laugh at it. I must have had the mouse right on the cancel button for that order. She must have stepped on the mouse button. It's kind of funny. But now i'll be waiting for either a price drop or a B2G1 for Family Guy, lol.[/QUOTE]
lol better that than yout wii u ha

[quote name='Drclaw411']Well this is just jim dandy. I had my Newegg orders open on my computer, just seeing what else I had coming in this month as I try to figure out if I should be buying some new Wii remote pluses. I was also eating a turkey sandwich. I left the room to answer my cell phone which was in the other room.

Oy. Honestly, I have to laugh at it. I must have had the mouse right on the cancel button for that order. She must have stepped on the mouse button. It's kind of funny. But now i'll be waiting for either a price drop or a B2G1 for Family Guy, lol.[/QUOTE]

i guess the dog hates familyguy or wanted you to order a diff game

So after chatting with a Kmart.com person, they told me since my order was for a pre-sell item, I won't get a confirmation email until my order is ready to be picked up..... anyone hear the same thing??? Starting to get really worried, because they haven't even put a hold on my card.

[quote name='TimboSliceGB']i guess the dog hates familyguy or wanted you to order a diff game[/QUOTE]

[quote name='rckola911']lol better that than yout wii u ha[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure i'm never eating at my computer again lol. She climbed up there to get my sandwich, and now I have to wait for Family Guy. Still...I have to laugh. What are the chances? Lol

Ordered the bundle from Newegg and it went through. It is currently in packaging stage. Extra hyped I'm getting this since I wasn't expecting one till January atleast.

[quote name='Chin35char']So after chatting with a Kmart.com person, they told me since my order was for a pre-sell item, I won't get a confirmation email until my order is ready to be picked up..... anyone hear the same thing??? Starting to get really worried, because they haven't even put a hold on my card.[/QUOTE]

some people has said they did get email confirmation early today

[quote name='rckola911']cool just got target.com shipping confirm. Finally so glad they didnt bone me.[/QUOTE]

Still waiting on mine, but Im cool, I've got 1 deluxe at 2 different Targets reserved in case the mail deal fell through.

[quote name='TimboSliceGB']tru sale is not till black friday[/QUOTE]

Havn't we been through this? They are running it all week starting Sunday.

[quote name='prim4444']Havn't we been through this? They are running it all week starting Sunday.[/QUOTE]

Is it b2g1 all games or just wii u? And is it $49.99 and under only?

[quote name='TimboSliceGB']some people has said they did get email confirmation early today[/QUOTE]

Keeping my fingers crossed. Thanks for the response. Really hope I get a confirmation email by tomorrow night!

[quote name='sensuitomo']see this is the walmart on 14 and van dyke which gets lots of business but no wii u midnight launch, heck i'm not sure how many people preordered them at our super walmart (24hour place) will call tomorrow though to double check if they are or not.. hell i might print that memo out and see if i can get some help without resorting to complain(got work in the morning and dont want to rish loosing this system)[/QUOTE]

Another fellow Michigander here. I'm hoping the super Walmart on 23 and Van Dyke has some extras ready to go at midnight as well.

[quote name='TimboSliceGB']no offense but why should they pay their workers so couple people can pick of their systems? it's not like a major game release where thye get 100-200 people in line for a game which to them would be worth paying the workers extra money. Stop crying and thank god you even have a wii U which is not possible for everyone.[/QUOTE]

games cost $60; wii u's are $299-$349. they only need to sell 1/5 of the wii-u's to be about the same. and they wouldn't even have to be open for long. maybe an hour or two at the most, specifically for the people that pre-ordered.

[quote name='Ph1l0z0ph3r']Ordered the bundle from Newegg and it went through. It is currently in packaging stage. Extra hyped I'm getting this since I wasn't expecting one till January atleast.[/QUOTE]

what bundle from newegg?

[quote name='prim4444']BiG1 40% off all Wii U games[/QUOTE]

can you return 1 and keep the other 1 for the sale price?

Weird, I got another email from Target saying my Wii U bundle shipped. This time it included a tracking number from USPS Mail Innovations. The first email was received about 5 hrs ago with a UPS tracking number... Very strange.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back