Not open for further replies.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
iconamazon.gif
Amazon
Consoles* Amazon did not take preorders, see note.
Games

iconbestbuy.gif
Best Buy
Consoles Both models sold out online & in store
Games

icongs_r1.gif
Gamestop
Games

icontoysrus_r1.gif
Toys R Us
Games

icontarget.gif
Target
Games

iconwalmart_r3.gif
Walmart
Consoles
Wii U Bundle Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Wii U Deluxe Sold out online & in store
Wii U Basic Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Games

Sears
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken

kmart.gif
Kmart
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in-store pre-orders were not taken

newegg.gif
Newegg
Deluxe Bundle Bundled with New Super Mario Bros U, Black Ops 2, and Zombi U-Out of Stock
Games

iconplayasia.gif
Play-Asia
Consoles/Games Reservation List Only for NTSC Basic & Deluxe models

Fry's Electronics
Consoles Both models sold out online
Games

Staples
Games

J&R
Consoles Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location.
Games

Nebraska Furniture Mart
Accessories
Games

:hot:Nintendo World Store
Consoles: Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location in NYC.

Notes:

• Newegg, as of now (Friday before launch) is selling the deluxe console as a bundle only. It is listed for immediate shipping, not as a pre-order.

• *Amazon email sent out to those who signed up for Wii U pre-order notification:
Dear Amazon.com Customer,

Thank for you signing up to be notified when the Wii U is available.
Unfortunately the Wii U console is not available at Amazon.com at this time but please check back in the future, as availability may change. We do have the latest Wii U games and accessories available now so check them out. Thank you for shopping with Amazon Video Games.
System Information

YWbCj.png

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='vtswordfish']In terms of what they could've done with the Wii, yeah, Nintendo laid a turd.[/QUOTE]

What could they have done that they didn't do? They made a bunch of great software and broke sales records in the process.

[quote name='maximumzero']What could they have done that they didn't do? They made a bunch of great software and broke sales records in the process.[/QUOTE]

Make games for real gamers instead of childrens and casuals..... just saying.

[quote name='maximumzero']What could they have done that they didn't do? They made a bunch of great software and broke sales records in the process.[/QUOTE]

nintendo yes but 3rd party support on the wii was awful and even you could agree

Better motion control, graphics to some extent but mainly a real online system and third party support.

[quote name='ZombieToast']
How is it? Does it get in the way of the shoulder and trigger buttons at all?
[/QUOTE]

It passed the dry hump test. Doesn't seem to impede any GamePad operations. Makes the unit feel a lot more solid in hand.

If my firmware download ever completes, I'll test a game. Perhaps by Wed! :whistle2:\"

I don't need achievements or trophy systems, hell, I don't need 'hard core' games, but it felt like you had to wade through the months and months of crappy games to get to anything good. There's no denying the success of the Wii, it reached different audiences that other systems didn't. The 3rd party support was awful for Wii.

The only thing that annoyed the piss out of me is that with the Wii you had to use the shitty controller for a lot of the games. I just wanted a normal controller.

[quote name='ShockandAww']The only thing that annoyed the piss out of me is that with the Wii you had to use the shitty controller for a lot of the games. I just wanted a normal controller.[/QUOTE]

it's still a issue with the wii u seeing not every game supports the new pro controller

These online stock checkers are garbage. Walmart and Target both list Deluxe sets in stock in my area. I went to check the stores and they were all sold out - basic sets included. 3 Walmart locations and two Target.

Best Buy and TRU, too.

[quote name='Nokken']These online stock checkers are garbage. Walmart and Target both list Deluxe sets in stock in my area. I went to check the stores and they were all sold out - basic sets included. 3 Walmart locations and two Target.

Best Buy and TRU, too.[/QUOTE]

most stores don't update online stock checkers till 8 a.m every day or when ever the store opens.

[quote name='Nokken']These online stock checkers are garbage. Walmart and Target both list Deluxe sets in stock in my area. I went to check the stores and they were all sold out - basic sets included. 3 Walmart locations and two Target.

Best Buy and TRU, too.[/QUOTE]

Yeah don't rely on those at all, they don't update frequently and if the store is holding units or other things then it will show they're in stock but you won't be able to buy them.

You could try an online stock tracker like nowinstock.net it is pretty quick and reliable with online stock anyways.

[quote name='Deader2818']Not like the tablet is that hard to use...[/QUOTE]

alot of games like ac3,batman,cod i would want to play with the pro controller. It's fantastic it feels like a 360 controller it's a perfect size and the gamepad is quite big in my hand.

The 5gb update is a total buzz kill. I was excited that I got home in time to hook it up and play a little before I had to get to bed for work in the morning.... till this slow ass update.

[quote name='RoMee']Make games for real gamers instead of childrens and casuals..... just saying.[/QUOTE]

Good grief.

You either enjoy the games or you don't. If you don't buy something else.

[quote name='maximumzero']I...what? Nintendo laid a huge turd with the Wii yet they were impossible to find for almost two years and is the highest selling console of the generation with some of the highest selling software effort.

Oh yeah, turd, definitely.[/QUOTE]

two weeks, not two years.

[quote name='Theswweet']Just dropping by to confirm that ZombiU is actually fucking awesome.

That is all.[/QUOTE]

i beat the game already and by the end of it i was happy it was over. First hour it was great then you started to do same thing over and over. I would give it 6/10 it's just a avg game and a zombie theme that at this point is overdone.

[quote name='Theswweet']Just dropping by to confirm that ZombiU is actually fucking awesome.

That is all.[/QUOTE]

Glad someone likes it!

[quote name='TimboSliceGB']i beat the game already and by the end of it i was happy it was over. First hour it was great then you started to do same thing over and over. I would give it 6/10 it's just a avg game and a zombie theme that at this point is overdone.[/QUOTE]

I believe you, and is exactly why i didnt buy. I only bought NSMB, Im sad no other games will be coming out this year for the WiiU I actually want to play, but I know there in the pipeline.

[quote name='gamerguy73']Must have game of the year: Rabids Land. A surprise hit and the reason I even considered buying a Wii U.[/QUOTE]

those games have always been decent was the first game i got for kinect and will be buying rabids on wii u after price drop.

[quote name='TimboSliceGB']those games have always been decent was the first game i got for kinect and will be buying rabids on wii u after price drop.[/QUOTE]

Good to wait for a price drop; I got on the newegg deal so I decided why not.

[quote name='Paladinion']two weeks in your area,
1 year in mine.[/QUOTE]

It took me about 1 years to get the Wii too, in Los Angeles area...soon as they stock, sold old. it was like taht pretty much until xmas. I got the Japanese Wii and by the time i was ready to get USA one, region unlock hack was out.

I went out at around 1pm today and everywhere was sold out except for my local Target, which is the busiest in the area. They had a cage out on the floor with about 5 deluxes and 8 standards. Just walked in and bought a deluxe, easy... well, after driving around to about 5 other stores.

haven't bought any games yet, going to read some reviews and watch some quick looks first.

[quote name='Pheee']I am surprised by the lack of midnight launches, Halo 4 and COD all had them, yet its soo quiet out there for a new Console release!!![/QUOTE]

Nintendo doesn't do midnight launches on their big stuff, they like early Sunday morning launches at Gamestop. It's all about being at the front of those big box circulars in the Sunday paper.

[quote name='BriankLizard93']Wii U Deluxe Models available in my area. Check my list for details.[/QUOTE]

It has already been discussed how inaccurate that tracker really is, but hey, take their money and then find nothing in store.

[quote name='TimboSliceGB']ijustine is the most annoying person ever. hated her on jtv and hate her on youtube. She just recent started to do video game videos on her youtube page seeeing she found out it was huge money maker[/QUOTE]

She guest hosts during Spike's E3/VGA's coverage also.

[quote name='BriankLizard93']Wii U Deluxe Models available in my area. Check my list for details.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up! I am in your area for the holidays, so I just went and snagged a couple for myself. Thanks for doing all of the recon work, and I don't even have to pay you $425 plus shipping! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back