Not open for further replies.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
iconamazon.gif
Amazon
Consoles* Amazon did not take preorders, see note.
Games

iconbestbuy.gif
Best Buy
Consoles Both models sold out online & in store
Games

icongs_r1.gif
Gamestop
Games

icontoysrus_r1.gif
Toys R Us
Games

icontarget.gif
Target
Games

iconwalmart_r3.gif
Walmart
Consoles
Wii U Bundle Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Wii U Deluxe Sold out online & in store
Wii U Basic Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Games

Sears
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken

kmart.gif
Kmart
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in-store pre-orders were not taken

newegg.gif
Newegg
Deluxe Bundle Bundled with New Super Mario Bros U, Black Ops 2, and Zombi U-Out of Stock
Games

iconplayasia.gif
Play-Asia
Consoles/Games Reservation List Only for NTSC Basic & Deluxe models

Fry's Electronics
Consoles Both models sold out online
Games

Staples
Games

J&R
Consoles Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location.
Games

Nebraska Furniture Mart
Accessories
Games

:hot:Nintendo World Store
Consoles: Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location in NYC.

Notes:

• Newegg, as of now (Friday before launch) is selling the deluxe console as a bundle only. It is listed for immediate shipping, not as a pre-order.

• *Amazon email sent out to those who signed up for Wii U pre-order notification:
Dear Amazon.com Customer,

Thank for you signing up to be notified when the Wii U is available.
Unfortunately the Wii U console is not available at Amazon.com at this time but please check back in the future, as availability may change. We do have the latest Wii U games and accessories available now so check them out. Thank you for shopping with Amazon Video Games.
System Information

YWbCj.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Assassin's Creed 3 has better lighting but otherwise runs the same as the other versions.

CoD: Black Ops 2 looks and runs better. Online feels exactly the same.

Went to Walmart here in Fort Worth, Tx and was able to snag a deluxe. Wal-Mart guy told me they didn't have any in. I asked him if he could check the back as the website said they had them in store. He gave me the typical wonderful attitude you can expect from WAL-MART associates and went to the back room. He returned with a box of four deluxe models and said they must have just came in. I guess stores are already getting more in and the system is not that hard to find if you look.

I work at Office Depot. We are going to have quite a few external hard drives on sale on Black Friday...

Toshiba Canvio Basics 1TB External Hard Drive for $59.99.
Seagate® Expansion Desktop USB 3.0 Hard Drive, 2TB for $79.99.
Western Digital® My Book® Essential™ USB 3.0 External Hard Drive, 3TB for $119.99.

There's also to be a wide assortment of cheap flash memory.

[quote name='Hemi']Ok... wth wii U... I was typing a message to someone... Mario will try to auto complete to (ganja) before it does to mario when your still typing it... before mario... and its the wii u.... wth?[/QUOTE]

maybe put down the drugs and step away from the keyboard. :D

[quote name='Eggman']Assassin's Creed 3 has better lighting but otherwise runs the same as the other versions.

CoD: Black Ops 2 looks and runs better. Online feels exactly the same.[/QUOTE]
When you say feels exactly the same do you mean lag compensation and bad hit markers? Im holding out hope they are not there.

Anyone else having issues connecting to Netflix? It let me attempt to login, but I think I mistyped the password (it's the only reason I can think of on my side) and now anytime I attempt to use the Netflix app, it tells me it is unable to connect to Netflix at this time, and gives me a useless URL to go to. Then my only options are to Retry or Exit.

-Man, I get the last Deluxe System in stock and Of course it has to be the one with the faulty Gamepad screen! It stutters, and tears with pixels, like a satellite dish in a Thunderstorm! -fucking sucks! -It's not a total loss you can still use the Gamepad, but now it's asking for a Gamepad update, and it gets to 80% and Fails! So I called Nintendo, I have to send it in, which is going to be forever! okay, okay maybe not forever, but 10 days is a long time when you just bought a new system!.. I'm Sad :(

[quote name='HydroX']Anyone else having issues connecting to Netflix? It let me attempt to login, but I think I mistyped the password (it's the only reason I can think of on my side) and now anytime I attempt to use the Netflix app, it tells me it is unable to connect to Netflix at this time, and gives me a useless URL to go to. Then my only options are to Retry or Exit.[/QUOTE]

I used Netflix on Sunday with Wii U but I didn't seem to have any issues :/ Could it be just a snag this evening?

Side note: Noticed the Hulu Plus download was available today, by the way

Went to gamestop to see if they had any deluxe, wishful thinking, but got on their waiting list. Then decided to drop by freddie, and woohoo they had 1 left. Snaged that :)

K-mart and Target had some deluxes today where I live. Target had 3 deluxe and 3 reg. I sent $500 before I knew it, smart. People are having luck, just drive around and hit every shop you can think of.

[quote name='HydroX']Anyone else having issues connecting to Netflix? It let me attempt to login, but I think I mistyped the password (it's the only reason I can think of on my side) and now anytime I attempt to use the Netflix app, it tells me it is unable to connect to Netflix at this time, and gives me a useless URL to go to. Then my only options are to Retry or Exit.[/QUOTE]
i thought i saw there was an issue if your password had an @ in it. so if you do that is the problem, easy fix change your password.. it not, im not sure what the problem is.

[quote name='destro4eva']Kinda new to the external HD field, would a Seagate be an OK choice? That 2TB one that Office D will be selling is tempting.[/QUOTE]

Yes, the Seagate is a better HDD than what Nintendo has listed.

Forgive me if this is the wrong thread, but is anyone else regretting the purchase of a Wii U? I bought one, and honestly, it just isnt doing much for me. :/ 3 days in and I am already thinking of selling it. (no not scalping, I would either sell it on here at cost or craigslist at cost. seriously.) I just dont dig Nintendo Land and I dont have enough faith in the system to buy a new game.

[quote name='TaylorM06']Sold my extra Deluxe and ZombiU for $470 on Craigslist, and the guy gave me $500 and told me to keep the change O.O[/QUOTE]

:applause: sounds like a good deal for you.

[quote name='Sizzler7']:applause: sounds like a good deal for you.[/QUOTE]

$80 profit. Paid $370 (Rounding up) for the Deluxe, and $50 for ZombiU, and I got my $20 RZ Certificate for pre-ordering Halo 4 this morning :applause:

[quote name='mediviper']Forgive me if this is the wrong thread, but is anyone else regretting the purchase of a Wii U? I bought one, and honestly, it just isnt doing much for me. :/ 3 days in and I am already thinking of selling it. (no not scalping, I would either sell it on here at cost or craigslist at cost. seriously.) I just dont dig Nintendo Land and I dont have enough faith in the system to buy a new game.[/QUOTE]

You should try a few of the higher rated exclusives before throwing in the towel. Perhaps NSMBU or Scribblenauts?

I stopped by Target yesterday and was told that they received ten on top of the ten preorders they had and that they were sold out within an hour. Since I was one of the preorders he told me it would be held until Sunday (I picked one up at Wal-mart's midnight launch already) and would be put out for sale after that. I asked when they would be getting more in and he said they were expecting a truck BEFORE THE 20th OF NEXT MONTH!!! Lol

I did a post search in this thread and couldn't see anybody who has my same problem:

I ordered a wireless Pro Controller from Amazon back in September. And the estimated delivery status just got bumped into late December. Anybody get their controller from Amazon or have the same delay issue?

[quote name='Gareee']Pro controllers are in stock at a lot of retail locations. Just cancel the preorder, and buy it locally.[/QUOTE]

I am in NJ and all the stores that I visited were out of the controllers in black. Plenty of white ones.

[quote name='illennium']I have a deluxe layaway preorder at Wal-Mart but won't be able to pick it up for another week or two probably. Anyone know how long they hold these?[/QUOTE]

It should say right on your receipt. 60 days from when you placed it

[quote name='blinknot4']I did a post search in this thread and couldn't see anybody who has my same problem:

I ordered a wireless Pro Controller from Amazon back in September. And the estimated delivery status just got bumped into late December. Anybody get their controller from Amazon or have the same delay issue?[/QUOTE]

Ordered a black Pro from Amazon on Sept. 15th, got it yesterday. If that helps.

Like others said... you should be able to find one locally without a huge hassle, so I'd go that route.

[quote name='spauldingfan']When you say feels exactly the same do you mean lag compensation and bad hit markers? Im holding out hope they are not there.[/QUOTE]

Ign review said it looked "low-res" compared to the other versions.

I saw some Basic Units at Target on Sunday. I've been calling all the Targets, Walmarts and Best Buys since Sunday buy haven't been able to find either the Basic or Deluxe in stock. Everyone seems to have plenty of games and pro controllers though.

pm me your account username and password and I will check it for you on my system

[quote name='mediviper']Forgive me if this is the wrong thread, but is anyone else regretting the purchase of a Wii U? I bought one, and honestly, it just isnt doing much for me. :/ 3 days in and I am already thinking of selling it. (no not scalping, I would either sell it on here at cost or craigslist at cost. seriously.) I just dont dig Nintendo Land and I dont have enough faith in the system to buy a new game.[/QUOTE]

Not at all. I think the online alone is the best on any console ever, period.

I would say that Sony and Xbox definitely need to step up there game!

Miiverse is bad ass - I had a question about a part in zombie u I posted, while in game, and I got 17 responses in less than two minutes! How f'n cool is that?

In game- yesterday I turned it on to see a creepy note saying that the devs are also watching me spray painted on the floor ...and last night....the devs tagged a wall in the home base with a special congrats to the two players who were first to beat the game on normal, listing there IDs and stating they had balls of steel! Pretty bad ass.

I have not seen a console have online anywhere close to this cool before nor this cool of a community.

Likewise I have never seen anything like what the devs are able to do in zombie u - pretty bad ass if you ask me.

Side note- the shitty reviews that game got have just let me know which reviewers to never listen to again. That game is sooooo freaking cool it is not funny. They truly have made a real survival horror game. My heart has not pounded this hard since the dogs in res evil 1. I almost forgot what is really was like to play a true horror survival.

As for Nintendo land. I like the mini games- some are better than others - but you should try a regular game first- at this point you could probably Craigslist a used wii u and whatever game you open for your cost- so the only thing you would lose is your time to drive out and meet the person who picks it up from you.

I'm just patiently waiting to get my free basic unit that I won from the BK promotion. Sounds like a lot of people are enjoying the new system and I'm eager to try it out soon. I'm looking forward to playing ZombiU and Arkham City Armored edition.

[quote name='saiyajinsc']Ign review said it looked "low-res" compared to the other versions.[/QUOTE]

dude- IGN straight up lies.

Check out there review of zombie u then play the game. They claim all kinds of shit that is not true - shit like you have to swing the controller to strike and your character yells all the time while striking, etc. He even complained that zombies can take more than 1 hit to die, lol.

I at this point am not sure if IGN is used to getting bribes from game makers or maybe they took bribes from sony/ xbox, but I do know for sure that their reviews are straight, shitty, lies.

Stick to reviews and opinions here. Where most people do not have a bias as they own all or most consoles.

BTW having said that I have no clue about that game, lol:whistle2:\"

[quote name='Monoxide1986']I'm just patiently waiting to get my free basic unit that I won from the BK promotion. Sounds like a lot of people are enjoying the new system and I'm eager to try it out soon. I'm looking forward to playing ZombiU and Arkham City Armored edition.[/QUOTE]

have not tried batman (only ps3 version which you know was awesome!) but Zombie U is killer - just make sure you are OK with hard, slow, and scary. It is not a run and gun game at all. That game is all about paitience, and even then you are fucked, lol! Have fun! And congrats on the BK thing ....a wii u with fries lol!

I was very surprised at the various bad reviews and was questioning whether to open my just purchased game. I decided against that because it was one of the main reasons I purchased a u right at launch. Zombiu is terrific......the atmosphere is awesome, the use of the gamepad is so new and refreshing. I am still on my 1st character with 2 hours in and 75 infected killed. I haven't felt this level of supense in a game for a very long time. Those bad reviews are wrong........

[quote name='pissoffbakaburi']have not tried batman (only ps3 version which you know was awesome!) but Zombie U is killer - just make sure you are OK with hard, slow, and scary. It is not a run and gun game at all. That game is all about paitience, and even then you are fucked, lol! Have fun! And congrats on the BK thing ....a wii u with fries lol![/QUOTE]

I was hoping it would be a pretty awesome survival horror game (I'm a big RE fan if you can't tell based on my avatar of my RE tat). Haven't had any decent ones for a while (RE Revelations for 3DS was pretty damn good though). So I'm pretty stoked based on your comments.

Regarding the external hard drives some people were talking about. I'm confused as to why anyone would ever need to hook up to 2TB to it. I'm planning on just getting a cheap enclosure from Newegg to toss my spare 200gb SATA drive in and hook it up for additional storage space. That should put it on par with my 160gb ps3 and 320gb 360 slim (which I have hardly ever used the storage space on...) The basic's internal storage + the amount of space the OS takes up is killer. I really wish Nintendo would have had thought to make an expansion-bay to hook a 2.5" hard drive into the system vs. having to go external (ala ps3 and 360 slim). But I guess I can live with another device plugged in around my entertainment center.

Does anyone know if the white wii u/game pad tends to "yellow" after using it for a while? :X

i remember seeing the demo in target and it looked more yellow than white, idk if it was the lighting or not or if a bunch of people with dirty hands happened to have already touched it and all.

[quote name='screamandshout']Does anyone know if the white wii u/game pad tends to "yellow" after using it for a while? :X

i remember seeing the demo in target and it looked more yellow than white, idk if it was the lighting or not or if a bunch of people with dirty hands happened to have already touched it and all.[/QUOTE]

How in the world would anyone know the answer to that now? LOL.

[quote name='spicoli420']I was very surprised at the various bad reviews and was questioning whether to open my just purchased game. I decided against that because it was one of the main reasons I purchased a u right at launch. Zombiu is terrific......the atmosphere is awesome, the use of the gamepad is so new and refreshing. I am still on my 1st character with 2 hours in and 75 infected killed. I haven't felt this level of supense in a game for a very long time. Those bad reviews are wrong........[/QUOTE]

OMG! You are still on the 1st character! lol, my GF and I lost our first survivor in literally less than 30 seconds. ...we did not know how to run, ha ha ha .....I am not saying you should die to experience this, but having to take out your old character to get your old stuff back is a crazy experience! But good luck! Go for a perfect!

[quote name='Monoxide1986']I was hoping it would be a pretty awesome survival horror game (I'm a big RE fan if you can't tell based on my avatar of my RE tat). Haven't had any decent ones for a while (RE Revelations for 3DS was pretty damn good though). So I'm pretty stoked based on your comments.

Regarding the external hard drives some people were talking about. I'm confused as to why anyone would ever need to hook up to 2TB to it. I'm planning on just getting a cheap enclosure from Newegg to toss my spare 200gb SATA drive in and hook it up for additional storage space. That should put it on par with my 160gb ps3 and 320gb 360 slim (which I have hardly ever used the storage space on...) The basic's internal storage + the amount of space the OS takes up is killer. I really wish Nintendo would have had thought to make an expansion-bay to hook a 2.5" hard drive into the system vs. having to go external (ala ps3 and 360 slim). But I guess I can live with another device plugged in around my entertainment center.[/QUOTE]

HA - I saw that tat. This game was made for you! It really is closer to the originals - btw the game is hard so dont be to proud to choose chicken over normal, I wont tell ha ha

About the hard drives - I only can see one that big being needed if you are downloading a ton of full retail games or if a hacked firmware comes out and you are pirating stuff. Like you, I am more and more thinking what is the point. Maybe DLC would add up in size but still.... I got the deluxe and after the update I think we still have twenty something gigs left which should be plenty for DLC and updates/ saves. Given the price of full games on eshop, I think it is cheaper to buy the discs anyway if you catch a sale at toys r us or use a newegg promo. My PS3 drive is almost empty too

Have fun when you get it!

About the

[quote name='crunchewy']How in the world would anyone know the answer to that now? LOL.[/QUOTE]

My white wii motes from a launch console never yellowed at all - the thin cord that attaches the strap did though. since this has no cord you should be good

^^ Thanks to everybody who recommended hitting up an actual store for the Pro Controller. I stopped at Target on my way into the office this morning and got the last one hanging on a lonely peg-board. Thanks again guys!

The joysticks on the Wii's Classic Controller do yellow very slightly over time, or at least mine have. And that's because I never used it.

Edit: Just busted it out of the drawer to take a look at it (the Wii hasn't been connected in over 2 years). It's not so much yellow, just a different shade of white than the rest of it.

Has anyone found the rayman demo on the eshop? It should've been released launch day and i still cant find it....also ubi stated there might be a zombieU coming soon....

[quote name='blinknot4']^^ Thanks to everybody who recommended hitting up an actual store for the Pro Controller. I stopped at Target on my way into the office this morning and got the last one hanging on a lonely peg-board. Thanks again guys![/QUOTE]

Who would've thought that going into a B&M might net you something you want? :applause:

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back