The Wii VC Games Thread - (5/21 Donkey Kong Country2, Blazing Lazers, Streets Rage 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='CouRageouS']You can. If it uses all three buttons it gets awkward and you use A on the remote also. At least thats how it works in Altered Beast.[/quote]

Thanks, I'll be getting SOR2 today. That was a must own game on the Genesis. And wasn't too bad on the Game Gear either.

[quote name='lilboo']Now the ORIGINAL Mega Man games I will DEF pick up! Without me having to look it up (lol being lazy) what Mega Man games were on the NES and then I know it went right into SNES..what was the last GOOD SNES Mega Man? I played a lot of them, but sadly I don't even remember which ones were GREAT :(

So they need to hurry up and add Mega Man to this. Also, Mario Party. C'mon. Give us Mario Party. I know we are getting MP8 next week..but they HAVE to add them EVENTUALLY![/quote]
NES had Mega Man 1-6

SNES had Mega Man 7, Mega Man X1-3

I wasn't too fond of MM7, but all the MMX games were awesome. Mega Man X had THE best soundtrack by a longshot out of the three though.

[quote name='lilboo']Now the ORIGINAL Mega Man games I will DEF pick up! Without me having to look it up (lol being lazy) what Mega Man games were on the NES and then I know it went right into SNES..what was the last GOOD SNES Mega Man? I played a lot of them, but sadly I don't even remember which ones were GREAT :(

So they need to hurry up and add Mega Man to this. Also, Mario Party. C'mon. Give us Mario Party. I know we are getting MP8 next week..but they HAVE to add them EVENTUALLY![/quote]Now there is a MM Aniversary Collection and a MMX Collection for the gamecube, just so you know. It will be cheaper to buy those, but damn Megaman and the CC, even I am partially tempted even with owning both collections.

[quote name='Roufuss']Apparently, on the Wiki page for Europe (which is usually VERY accurate, all of them are) they now have Mega Man for NES under "Future Releases". Under the US wiki page, there is now Ninja Gaiden 2 for a future release.[/QUOTE]
Ninja Gaiden 2 = Boner Alert :joystick:

Mega Man = thanks but I have your collections on PS2, came back to the Wii later in disc form. Perhaps a MM Legends reborn with Wii controls?

Wow, I've been gone for a couple of weeks with an internship and forgot to check on this. I come back to some amazing games. Very nice updates!

When Mega Man 2 & 3 hit, I'll be getting those. I don't know if its true for most people, but for me, buying these game again is mostly just so I can play it with a good dpad on the Classic Controller, something none of the compilations last gen gave you (never mind that they botched, and never fixed, the GC MM:AC).

[quote name='daroga']When Mega Man 2 & 3 hit, I'll be getting those. I don't know if its true for most people, but for me, buying these game again is mostly just so I can play it with a good dpad on the Classic Controller, something none of the compilations last gen gave you (never mind that they botched, and never fixed, the GC MM:AC).[/QUOTE]

I wish you could use the CC with GC games. I have a hori pad, but don't like having to sit so close to my wii.

[quote name='yukine']It might sound crazy, but I'd love to see (New Tetris?) for the N64. I'm pretty sure there was only one Tetris on the N64... all I remember is going to a friend's house and playing that all night in multiplayer.[/QUOTE]

I have that game, my wife and I played the HELL out of it. It has Dr. Mario style "dropping" in multiplayer. So much fun.

I don't want to sound like I'm griping, but is there any way the OP could be updated? I know everyone's busy, but that's usually the best place to look for updates and it has been three weeks since an update.

Good morning East Coasters and West Coasters who don't sleep.

The UK just got Super Mario Bros. 2, Mach Rider and Blazing Lazers. They put out DKC2 last week and we got it the following Monday so here's hoping SMB2 will put us just that much closer to SMB3. They could throw us a curve ball though, when UK got Punch Out, I think we got it 2 weeks after.

[quote name='tayaf69']I don't want to sound like I'm griping, but is there any way the OP could be updated? I know everyone's busy, but that's usually the best place to look for updates and it has been three weeks since an update.[/quote]

Yes, that would be nice, since that's the reason this thread was recreated in the first place, I believe.

Still waiting on SMRPG. :cry:

Well every few months we could have someone else responsible for this kind of thread. Because I'm sure after awhile it gets boring LOL

can anyone tell me the best (if not most affordable) wireless router to have for the Wii? My dlink is broken and my belkin (POS) isn't signing me on to the Wii unless I put them five feet from eachother. I really want to download some games!! :cry:

[quote name='tayaf69']can anyone tell me the best (if not most affordable) wireless router to have for the Wii? My dlink is broken and my belkin (POS) isn't signing me on to the Wii unless I put them five feet from eachother. I really want to download some games!! :cry:[/quote]I use the Linksys WRT54G when I am at school, works beautifully. You can get it for about $50 but if you want cheaper I think belkin or d-link has a $40 model but like I said my Wii works beautifully with the WRT54G from Linksys. I don't know how much signal you need but should be enough for the average connection (1-2 rooms).

[quote name='GizmoGC']Ugh. I'm just about done with the VC. Release some decent crap.[/QUOTE]

...what?

I guess your idea of decent is largely different than the rest of the world.

For me (and I have to imagine most other people), Castlevania, Donkey Kong Country 2, Ninja Gaiden, Streets of Rage 2, and Actraiser are all decent games... there hasn't been a Monday in awhile where I've not bought (or considered buying) anything.

[quote name='Roufuss']...what?

I guess your idea of decent is largely different than the rest of the world.

For me (and I have to imagine most other people), Castlevania, Donkey Kong Country 2, Ninja Gaiden, Streets of Rage 2, and Actraiser are all decent games... there hasn't been a Monday in awhile where I've not bought (or considered buying) anything.[/QUOTE]

I know for me, I keep expecting a megaton release, so I don't spend any points in anticipation of that. I'm down to 100 right now, and none of those make me want to buy a new card right now.

[quote name='CocheseUGA']I know for me, I keep expecting a megaton release, so I don't spend any points in anticipation of that. I'm down to 100 right now, and none of those make me want to buy a new card right now.[/QUOTE]

Your Wii tag is cool!
You make that, or was that from a website?

[quote name='lilboo']Your Wii tag is cool!
You make that, or was that from a website?[/QUOTE]

PS'd the 360 tag above it.

Might work on a little better design if I have time tonight. You may not be able to see it, but I was mad wiitag.org hadn't updated theirs and I wanted SPM to show up.

[quote name='GizmoGC']Ugh. I'm just about done with the VC. Release some decent crap.[/quote]

It's sort of "to each their own" type of thing.

So far I only got Zelda 64, Zelda SNES, Kirby and Super Mario Bros. The Zelda's mostly for sentimental retro value. There have been some decent releases like "ninja gaiden" but I don't think I would put points into getting most of them. I'm still waiting on the games I KNOW i'll play and love.

You have to go through the bad to get the good.

[quote name='GizmoGC']Ugh. I'm just about done with the VC. Release some decent crap.[/QUOTE]

I agree. There are no games that make me even consider paying Nintendo's ass raping prices. Right now I have money and am looking for something to play, but the VC games page looks like a desert to me.

Hopefully they will release some SNK games soon.

Anyone bitching about the quality of games released recently hasn't played Kid Chameleon, one of the best platformers of the 16-bit era. THE MOST levels of any platformer I've played (I always thought it was around 80, but Nintendo's press release says there are 100+), most with multiple exit strategies that result in going different distances down the line of levels towards the final boss. Something like 10 different 'masks' that work Wario-style in making your character into something completely different also make the gameplay inventive and refreshing. Been throwing axes as a Jason Voorhees-type slasher for too long? Grab the Fly mask and transform into a tiny fly that can, of course, fly, as well as fit into tiny nooks to get to different areas. Or grab the Vortex mask and spin your way to the top of a level to find its secret exit.

Plus, you're a badass 12-year-old with a leather jacket, sunglasses, and a white shirt tucked into your jeans. Can you think of a character design more 90's than that?

Kid Chameleon is the best game released this month!!!

I have a Gametap account and there are some good decent games available on both GT and VC, so I'll download a few games that are good onto VC and the rest, I'll play it on GT.

Kinda lame releases for memorial day but hopefully next week would be better.

[quote name='mykevermin']Was anything released today?[/quote]
Actraiser (SNES)
Kid Chameleon (Genesis)
JJ & Jeff (TG16)

If we need someone to keep this post updated, I'll volunteer.

[quote name='JJSP']Actraiser (SNES)
Kid Chameleon (Genesis)
JJ & Jeff (TG16)

If we need someone to keep this post updated, I'll volunteer.[/quote]

OP likes to comment in the thread, but update it later. sometimes a day, sometimes a week, but be careful, hell put you on his igonore list if you call him out on it. LAWLS.

Never played Kid Chameleon, but I've heard quite a bit of praise for it.

Does it happen to be on a compilation for cheaper with many other games?

I've never played Kid Chameleon, so I may have to try that one some time.

But not today, because Actraiser is definitely worthy of downloading, so I'm using my remaining points for that one I think.

I bought Actraiser because it said square enix and 2D sidescroller fun, and it made front page (I am not a square enix fanboy but I do know they made some kick ass shit back then), and boy do I fucking love that game. So I read some gamefaq reviews and decided to bite. The 2D sidesrolling levels are some of the best I have played in awhile yes better than Castlevania IV in my opinion and the added sim city feature of it makes it that much better :D

Only problem is not enough sidescrolling action (I love the Sim part, but I loved the sidescrolling too much here, any games like it?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back