The Wii VC Games Thread - (5/21 Donkey Kong Country2, Blazing Lazers, Streets Rage 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well Japan sure is cranking out the games. They have put out a list of June games.
http://wii.ign.com/articles/792/792251p1.html
[FAMICOM]
Adventures of Lolo (Nintendo, 500 points)
Front Line (Taito, 500)
Famicom Mukashi Banashi: Onigashima -- first/second parts (Nintendo, 600)
Field Combat (Jaleco, 500)
Pooyan (Hudson, 500)

SUPER FAMICOM
Magical Drop (G-Mode, 800 points)
Breath of Fire 2 (Capcom, 800)

NINTENDO 64
F-Zero X (Nintendo, 1000)
Mario Story (aka Paper Mario, Nintendo, 1000)

MEGA DRIVE
Hybrid Front (5/29, Sega, 700 points)
Golden Axe II (Sega, 600)
Sonic the Hedgehog 2 (Sega, 600)
Ecco the Dolphin 2 (Sega, 600)
Shining & the Darkness (Sega, 700)

PC ENGINE
Battle Lode Runner (5/29, Hudson, 600 points)
The Kung Fu (Hudson, 600)
Neutopia 2 (Hudson, 600)
Devil Crush (Hudson, 600)
Silent Debuggers (G-Mode, 600)
PC Genjin 3 (aka Bonk 3, Hudson, 600)

MSX
Eggy (Spring, D4 Enterprise, 800)
Aleste (Spring, D4 Enterprise, 800)
I'm looking forward to some N64 love and maybe the first Breath of Fire hopefully will come out soon for us. Woo hoo for Devil Crush, one of the few games I had a as a kid.

And always remember, the other regions VC lists are just used for speculation for us.

[quote name='CouRageouS']lilboo I just added to you my Wii list. Cause I saw you and daroga bumped the code list hahah.[/QUOTE]

Im gonna be REAL lazy and ask you to send me a PM with that because I don't want to go to my Wii right now :(
I WILL add you though :)

Nothing for me right away this week, but Kid Chameleon goes on my maybe-later list.

I wish the OP would get updated sometime. It's been almost a month.

[quote name='CouRageouS']Well Japan sure is cranking out the games. They have put out a list of June games.
http://wii.ign.com/articles/792/792251p1.html

I'm looking forward to some N64 love and maybe the first Breath of Fire hopefully will come out soon for us. Woo hoo for Devil Crush, one of the few games I had a as a kid.

And always remember, the other regions VC lists are just used for speculation for us.[/quote]Unfortunately the first Breath of Fire was a Square game, so don't expect that out anytime soon. But that's alright in this case since I never got around to playing the second (could never find a good ROM when I cared to look) while I've owned the first since its launch.

[quote name='sixersballernum3']Nothing for me right away this week, but Kid Chameleon goes on my maybe-later list.

I wish the OP would get updated sometime. It's been almost a month.[/QUOTE]

If you think you can do it, make a new one.

Yeah, I put some time into Actraiser today, and somehow the game is even better than I remember it being. I'm definitely glad to have this one.

I am wondering though, since Square & Enix are joined now, shouldn't Actraiser showing up mean that Square titles may be on the way as well? I'm hoping we eventually get stuff like Chrono Trigger & Secret of Mana on here.
Even if it only means more Enix titles are on the way, I won't complain, since I've only ever played the very first NES DW/DQ game- the one that Nintendo Power gave away free with a subscription back in the 80s.

[quote name='SMMM']Question: Since Act-Raiser was an Enix game, does it still say Enix or is it replaced with Sqaure-Enix now?[/QUOTE]

Ok so I am kinda Actraiser except the game is too fucking easy. I am blowing through this game like nothing. Anyone else finding it easy (I mean like not using continues once easy, and never playing the game before)? Either way great game.

First time logging on to the VC in a while.. picked up Mystical Ninja and Punch Out. Gotta get Zelda: OoT soon.. even though I have the normal and collector's edition on N64.

[quote name='pygmy carnotaur']Yeah, I put some time into Actraiser today, and somehow the game is even better than I remember it being. I'm definitely glad to have this one.

I am wondering though, since Square & Enix are joined now, shouldn't Actraiser showing up mean that Square titles may be on the way as well? I'm hoping we eventually get stuff like Chrono Trigger & Secret of Mana on here.
Even if it only means more Enix titles are on the way, I won't complain, since I've only ever played the very first NES DW/DQ game- the one that Nintendo Power gave away free with a subscription back in the 80s.[/quote]It's not that there's no possibility of Square titles showing up, it's that Square has said they don't plan on releasing their old RPGs digitally anytime soon. Because Japanese consumers want to buy something tangible. But mostly because they can very successfully rerelease it for $35 instead of an $8 download. So don't expect to see your Breath of Fire, Final Fantasies, Chrono Triggers, Secret of Whatevers, etc for a long time.

Hopefully Illusion of Gaia will pop up soon.

Ok, if anyone doesn't mind.. I'll start a new thread. Just gimme a bit of time--and I'll post the "OP" here and let you decide if you like it or not--then I'll make an actual thread.
Like I said.. Gimme an hour.

I'll be dedicated to this and update it once a week. I promise lol :)

Ok finished it up a bit ago. Only took like a half hour. I'm gonna go ahead and just post a new thread since everyone has been complaining for the past couple of updates..LOL

[quote name='botticus']It's not that there's no possibility of Square titles showing up, it's that Square has said they don't plan on releasing their old RPGs digitally anytime soon. Because Japanese consumers want to buy something tangible. But mostly because they can very successfully rerelease it for $35 instead of an $8 download. So don't expect to see your Breath of Fire, Final Fantasies, Chrono Triggers, Secret of Whatevers, etc for a long time.

Hopefully Illusion of Gaia will pop up soon.[/quote]
Yeah, it's utter bullshit.

Why do they think a couple of their classics on the VC would hurt sells? People buy the ports/remakes anyway, even if they own the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back