The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings for Xbox 360 TRU $44.99 FS

kevgret

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=12644778

This is the enhanced edition:

Compared to the initial award winning PC release, the Xbox 360 edition will feature lots of new and exciting content. Additional hours of gameplay for the Xbox 360: New major adventures set in previously unseen locations, expanding the story and introducing new characters, mysteries and monsters. New Game Introduction and cinematic: All new animations and cut scenes, including a new, three and a half minute pre-rendered cinematic depicting the assassination of King Demavend of Aedirn. BAFTA Award winner and Academy Award nominee Tomasz Baginski brings this key historical event to life, setting the stage for the story told in The Witcher 2. Upgraded interface, designed specifically for the Xbox 360: Game camera and targeting have been redesigned for the Xbox, and with upgraded pad controls, players will now be able to experience fully The Witcher 2's spectacular and thrilling combat. Enhanced Edition content: GAME DVDs The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings game on 2 DVDs. OST CD: Audio-CD with in-game music. WORLD MAP: A map of the game's world. QUEST HANDBOOK - The Witcher 2 quest handbook for both novice and experienced role-playing fans. GAME MANUAL: A rulebook and interface explanation to help you get started.

ign was pretty tough on it and still gave it an 8.5. picked my dark ed. up from bb today w/shirt but they couldn't sell it to me because the sku is no longer in the system (not on the site either). after 50 min of waiting/watching employees scatter and chatter, store manager just rang me up for something thats the same price (skyrim ce) and said once the sku is updated in the system they'd email me a receipt. no big deal to me, happy to have gotten the dark edition w/my remaining bb credit. the box hologram is soooo cool... ps the devs cdprojektred said to install the game to ur hd for optimal performance.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HFdDQKZp1Z0

[quote name='confoosious']So how's the game? I'm waiting for my dark order to come in.[/QUOTE]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='ChaosLaw']will try to PM this at BB tomorrow. anyone have a pic of the shirt?[/QUOTE]

$%28KGrHqN,%21lUE9mZtLpD9BPjUgubCUw%7E%7E60_58.JPG

I think I'll try to get the TRU price match at BB tomorrow. I have a TRU next to BB so I'll prob stop there first and see if they have any in stock and to grab an ad paper. I doubt I'll care about the shirt.

[quote name='chunlirocks']hmmmm Should i wait for the ps3 version ?

??[/QUOTE]

From the bit I played last night it looks great and runs fine. The audio quality seems a bit low and kind of scratchy. I'm not sure if that's a compression issue or if it's in the PC version as well. Other than having a single disc and possibly that audio thing I can't imagine the PS3 being much better. I'd expect an Eastern European PC port to be better on the 360 than PS3, but that may not be the case. That and who knows if it's ever coming.

I'm curious to see how 360 owners feel about the combat. I have the PC version and honestly I feel the combat is brutally difficult and it kind of turned me off on the whole thing. I plan on upgrading it to the EE version and continuing it but man that combat can go from cool to frustrating in a snap of a finger.

nope,no serial. the only serial is on the clear plastic slipcover for the box. for shame. looks like im gonna have to pick up the vanilla version.
ps really wish more ces used the hard plastic/acrylic used for the arkham city ce instead of the usual flimsy plastic.

also, if anyone doesn't want their map, let please let me know.

[quote name='TooPoor']Do you see a serial number?[/QUOTE]

barcode 883929245932, made in mexico, proof of purchase. the back of the clear slipcover is printed just like the back of a regular game- artwork, description text, in game photos, and it has a small picture of the dark ed. contents

[quote name='confoosious']wait, there's a serial number on the slipcover? what's it say?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='confoosious']oh, that's the UPC.[/QUOTE]

lol yea, did u mean like a limited ed # or something?
theres actually another number above the upc.
it has a 10 digit number that is different from the upc. checked my other games' upcs and none of them have the additional number i described. so idunno =/ game and soundtrack are fantastic though.

no, we're waiting for confirmation that there's a serial number so we know if there was a particular number of dark editions made. It doesn't sound like one exists and the polish edition number didn't apply to US release.

thats what i meant by asking if you wanted a "limited ed. #," as i've seen the polish version unboxing vid as well. and to confirm, there is no such number on the us version.

[quote name='confoosious']no, we're waiting for confirmation that there's a serial number so we know if there was a particular number of dark editions made. It doesn't sound like one exists and the polish edition number didn't apply to US release.[/QUOTE]

I just bought a 360 just so I could play this. No joke. I have been a PS3 guy forever - but I have wanted to play this game ever since it came out for PC last year.

Very excited.

just got a confirm from TRU that "there has been an unexpected delay in the shipment of [your item]."

meh.

Mine was backordered but I expected as much.
I did put in the order yesterday after debating about it for quite awhile.

I dont mind though Im not in a big rush to get it so long as the price doesnt drop at other retailers. I'll be on the look out though just in case.

Definitely tempted if I can get a PM, but my free time is so non-existent now that I might be better off waiting and hoping that in the next month or so Amazon has a $45 or $40 copy so I can use my credit there.

my TRU said 'no witcher here'

so I guess I'm outta luck unless wal-mart will PM the online price (the clerks at my specific BB are kinda dicks and will ALWAYS call to check inventory)

just noticed it now says 'backordered' on the tru website. crap

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='crunchewy']Is TRU selling this for $45 in store too, or just online?[/QUOTE]

Is the game even being carried in store at TRU?

[quote name='FaintDeftone']I'm curious to see how 360 owners feel about the combat. I have the PC version and honestly I feel the combat is brutally difficult and it kind of turned me off on the whole thing. I plan on upgrading it to the EE version and continuing it but man that combat can go from cool to frustrating in a snap of a finger.[/QUOTE]

High learning curve but very satisfying and WAY better than Witcher 1's combat.

[quote name='technicalstylez']
$%28KGrHqN,%21lUE9mZtLpD9BPjUgubCUw%7E%7E60_58.JPG
[/QUOTE]

Dammit that's 2 preorders BB has had that were cooler than GS. Maybe I'll find a copy of the game w/shirt cheap after coupon like FF 13-2.

[quote name='MSUHitman']Dammit that's 2 preorders BB has had that were cooler than GS. Maybe I'll find a copy of the game w/shirt cheap after coupon like FF 13-2.[/QUOTE]

I say unlikely cause the shirt isn't packaged with the game like the novella for ffxiii2.
But who knows right? That would be a sweet ass deal.

Went and price matched with a printed page from Toy r us site. The guy that was in charge at the gaming section say sure we'll give you that price! ( Already checked the Toy R US in my area, sadly none in stock. So i guess I was lucky he didn't call to verify! ) =D

Gonna pull the trigger on this. I almost got it when it came out for PC last year, but A LOT of discussions were going around the net about this game coming to Xbox 360. Glad I waited...

Sorry if this has been asked before, but is this price marked in their weekly ad? I'm bringing a printed price from TRUs website, but I know sometimes cashiers can be skeptical of online quotes (atleast the ones I've dealt with in the past). EDIT: To clarify, just in case I have to attempt a PM if my local TRU store doesn't have any in store. ;)

Just wondering if anybody who preordered from TRU has gotten a message saying it shipped, TRU said I could expect delivery between the 20th and 25th but it still hasn't shipped out yet so I don't know if thats true. I even called my local TRU to see if they had them in stock and the guy there said he doesn't even think they will get a shipment in ever.

[quote name='iduncurr']I say unlikely cause the shirt isn't packaged with the game like the novella for ffxiii2.
But who knows right? That would be a sweet ass deal.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info, figured it would be the same but I guess not.

[quote name='DTX_Dan']Gonna pull the trigger on this. I almost got it when it came out for PC last year, but A LOT of discussions were going around the net about this game coming to Xbox 360. Glad I waited...

Sorry if this has been asked before, but is this price marked in their weekly ad? I'm bringing a printed price from TRUs website, but I know sometimes cashiers can be skeptical of online quotes (atleast the ones I've dealt with in the past). EDIT: To clarify, just in case I have to attempt a PM if my local TRU store doesn't have any in store. ;)[/QUOTE]

it's not in my (GA) store's local ad unfortunately. probably because they have none in stock, and as another user said, might not be planning to at all

I checked on my order last night and saw that it still hadn't shipped, so I went to Amazon and asked them to PM Target's sale price of $49.99 and they did. So I cancelled my TRU order and I'm glad I did after reading some of these posts.

Just following up my post from earlier: TRU near me had no copies. I didn't see any ads out on the floor either so I can't confirm/deny that the deal is in an ad. As others have said though, I doubt it would considering they didn't have it in store.

Best Buy PM'd with no issues. Thanks OP and others for their contributions! :D

[quote name='technicalstylez']if u have a frys nearby you can pm the tru price there no problem.[/QUOTE]

even though tru isn't shipping any right now? my fry's is 30 min but I'll drive the extra 10-15 over BB if I know I won't get hassled for the PM

[quote name='cuscott']Price matched at best buy with no issues. Just printed a copy of the webpage off[/QUOTE]

sorry to sound like a broken record but my question pertains to the backorder status. Idk if I just didn't see it this morning or that it then updated later, but when you printed the page, did it say in big red letters 'backordered'

bc that's always been a problem for me at a lot of retailers...

edit: I didn't think you were using 'just' to indicate time but I didn't know, so that's part of why I'm asking again

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Just got shut down at BB. They said that if it was in stock they would but because its unavaliable...:/[/QUOTE]

Then take the Target ad in and buy it for $50.

[quote name='MSUHitman']Then take the Target ad in and buy it for $50.[/QUOTE]

Haha, I was actually about to do that, I gotta get some stuff at Target anyways, so I'll pick up an ad and take it to Best Buy. I have a $20 GC there that I'd like to use.

[quote name='Viper51989']sorry to sound like a broken record but my question pertains to the backorder status. Idk if I just didn't see it this morning or that it then updated later, but when you printed the page, did it say in big red letters 'backordered'

bc that's always been a problem for me at a lot of retailers...

edit: I didn't think you were using 'just' to indicate time but I didn't know, so that's part of why I'm asking again[/QUOTE]

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Just got shut down at BB. They said that if it was in stock they would but because its unavaliable...:/[/QUOTE]

You might have better success by trying the following (YMMV):

On the TOYS R US product page, click the "Print Page" link and it will take you to the printer-friendly version. On this page it does not mention anything about the item being out-of-stock; but it does say, under Store Pickup, "Not eligible for Store Pickup" "Sold in stores (details)".

Good Luck!

[quote name='EvlAsh']You might have better success by trying the following (YMMV):

On the TOYS R US product page, click the "Print Page" link and it will take you to the printer-friendly version. On this page it does not mention anything about the item being out-of-stock; but it does say, under Store Pickup, "Not eligible for Store Pickup" "Sold in stores (details)".

Good Luck![/QUOTE]

I did exactly that at wal-mart and, with a minimal amount of grumbling (and a quick cutoff from me--told them THAT specific store didn't have pick-up which was true), got them to PM it

anyone remember if TRU charged when you placed the order or only if it shipped? anyway I cancelled it and PM'd at BBY for the game and shirt! pretty sweet
the game kicks ass but the combat is system is a bit complicated, though a nice surprise compared to skyrim's "hold RT to win" combat, lol...

bread's done
Back